the muggle next door | f.w. g...

By icemacchiato

Daisy's father said, and she herself agreed, that the Weasleys were one peculiar bunch. They weren't as afflu... More

prologue
main casts and characters
0.01
PART I.
↳ 1.01
↳1.02
↳ 1.03
↳ 1.04
↳ 1.05
↳ 1.06
↳ 1.07
↳ 1.08
↳ 1.09
↳ 1.10
↳ 1.11
↳ 1.12
PART II.
↳ 2.01
↳ 2.02
↳ 2.03
↳ 2.04
↳ 2.05
↳ 2.06
↳ 2.07
PART III.
↳ 3.01
↳ 3.02
↳ 3.03
↳ 3.04
↳ 3.05
↳ 3.06
↳ 3.07
↳ 3.08
↳ 3.9
↳ 3.10
↳ 3.11
↳ 3.12
↳ 3.13
↳ 3.14
↳ 3.15
↳ 3.16
↳ 3.17
↳ 3.18
PART IV.
↳ 4.1
↳ 4.2
↳ 4.3
↳ 4.4
↳ 4.5
↳ 4.6
↳ 4.7
↳ 4.8
↳ 4.9
↳ 4.10
↳ 4.11
↳ 4.12
↳ 4.13
↳ 4.14
↳ 4.15
↳ 4.16
↳ 4.17
↳ 4.18
↳ 4.19
↳ 4.20
↳ 4.21
↳ 4.22
↳ 4.23
↳ 4.24
↳ 4.25
↳ 4.26
↳ 4.27
PART V
↳ 5.1
↳ 5.2

↳ 2.08

5K 238 49
By icemacchiato

eventful end

April 21st, 1994

THE ENTIRE GRYFFINDOR team was so giddy —way more than their first match of the year, that no one managed to finish their breakfast nor speak in the hours approaching the final Quidditch game. Not even Fred and George with their usually yapping mouths.

"210 points," Wood repeated once more before they went out, "210 points to win. We have to win by 60 points before you catch the Snitch, okay, Potter?"

All Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs were definitely on their side, though. Three-quarters of the crowd were wearing scarlet rosettes and waving scarlet flags, brandishing slogans like GO, GRYFFINDOR! or LIONS FOR THE CUP!

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was the acting commentator, "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years. And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill, or familial connection it seems—"

So here's a quick recap of the long-awaited, final Quidditch match.

Angelina scored first. Which led to Marcus Flint smashing into her and Fred returning the gesture with a blow to the back of his head. Penalties for each team were issued —Twenty-zero to Gryffindor.

From that point on, it turned into the dirtiest game in Hogwarts' Quidditch history.

Montague grabbed Katie's head, earning another penalty in Gryffindor's favor. Flint scored. Bole hit Alicia with his club, and George elbowed Bole in the face in retaliation. Wood took two Bludgers in the stomach. Malfoy grabbed onto Harry's broom to stop him from flying away, and for once, Professor McGonagall booed along with Lee Jordan in the megaphone.

Angelina scored again —Eighty-twenty to Gryffindor.

Then, with lots of adreline and climactic drama, Harry caught the Snitch.

Oliver Wood sped towards the boy, half-blinded by tears, then seized Harry around the neck and sobbed into his shoulder. Wave of crimson supporters poured over the barriers onto the field, and the entire team were lifted above their heads, screaming victorious shrieks and cheers.

Even Percy was jumping up and down like a maniac, all dignity forgotten.

Somebody took a picture of that moment, which Fred bought for a mind blowing, overpriced amount and had it sent to Daisy.

"Worth her smile," he said.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

May 17th, 1994

Dear FGW and GFW,

Congratulations! And thank you so much for the picture, it's probably one of the best in my collection! I am very thrilled by your win! Even Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had put up a banner in the Burrow to celebrate.

As for those practical jokes of yours, unless you two plan on making it a source of income or a decent job like Zonko's, you should tone it down a bit. It is fun, I know, but at the very least, you should focus on your O.W.L.s now. Those exams are one of the most defining moments of your life.

I'm well. The house and Lucy, too. My father will return in two weeks. But you don't need to worry. I'm sure his mood will be as good as his brief return last February.

Love,
DJA

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

May 17th, 1994

Dear Percy,

Keep your spirits up! I'm sure you will get top grades in your N.E.W.T.s and you will qualify to enter the Ministry of Magic either way. Don't forget to take a break sometimes, go on dates with Ms. Clearwater, and sleep properly.

You should be healthy.

Enjoy your last year of school!

Sincerely,
DJA

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

May 20th, 1994

"FRED..."

"GEORGE..."

"FRED..."

The twins had their wide eyes glued onto Daisy's letter they had just received, letting her sentence sunk in word by word. George's hands shook, causing the letter to shake as well. They looked so dumbstruck, so enlightened and mind blown, like a ray of sparkling hope had shone its way towards them from the Heaven above and they had finally found their meaning of life.

Unless you two plan on making it a source of income or a decent job like Zonko's, she said.

"George..." Fred whispered, still in awe, "How could we not think about this?"

"Brilliant idea..." George whispered as well, "Totally genius..."

"Daisy is a genius, indeed..."

"We were so blind, so short-sighted—"

"—without vision and lifetime goal."

"This is..." Fred lifted his gaze off the paper and turned to look at his identical twin, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

George looked up as well and mimicked his counterpart's huge grin, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Practical joke business!" Fred exclaimed, pointing a finger at him.

"A shop way bigger than Zonko's!" George added.

"No boring Ministry desk job!"

"Fun inventions for life!"

"Oh, oh! Like ways to get out of classes!"

"And ways to evade Filch or Mrs. Norris!"

"Put Mr. Allen into constant happy mood!"

"YES! Mum, too!"

"We can have our shop in Diagon Alley!"

"Big one, with our names on it!"

"Definitely!"

"Like Weasleys' Laughter Shop!"

"Or Weasleys' Shop of Wonder!"

"Weasleys' Wheezing Wonders!"

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!"

"That's brilliant!"

The two paused for two seconds, then cracked a bigger grin and chorused, "No more studying for O.W.L.s!"

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

June 20th, 1994

IN THE GOLDEN Trio's perspectives, the end of the exam week was... to say the least, very eventful. But to the twins, nope. Nothing was as exciting as the notion of owning their very own joke shop, and they had spent their entire time jotting down ideas and concepts on paper instead of studying.

See, they planned to fail as many O.W.L.s as possible so they could have more time building their business.

The next thing that hit them as news was actually Professor Lupin's furry condition. Somehow, words that their favorite D.A.D.A. teacher was a freaking werewolf surprised even the smartest of their group, and they began to point out subtle hints that had been given out throughout the year.

Like the way he always disappeared at full moon.

And his Boggart, according to Ron's story.

Or the way he was periodically ill.

"Honestly," Alicia concluded, "Now I'm not that surprised anymore."

"He's still our best teacher, though. It's such a shame," Lee said, frowning.

"Must he go?"

"Reckon some parents won't sit with that fact too well. Especially the slithering ones."

Then the conversation steered away to the unsolved Sirius Black case, Buckbeak's unknown fate, their exam results, and their Summer plans. The trip to the station back home felt quick, and soon, they were reunited once more as a family.

"Wait," Fred eyed the minute owl in Ron's hand, "Whose owl is that?"

"Mine!" Ron exclaimed happily, "Isn't it cute? I don't know what to name him yet, though."

"What? Did you buy it yourself? With whose money?" Mrs. Weasley began to fret, "Or did someone give it to you?"

"Someone gave it to me," Ron said, "It's a gift— er— from Harry and Hermione! To replace Scabbers. Where's Daisy?"

"Ah, she didn't come by earlier, so we figured she couldn't get away from her father. Mr. Allen is back in town," Mr. Weasley explained. Fred only nodded, since she had told him and George about it in her previous letter. "I'm sure she'll visit in the afternoon."

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

June 20th, 1994

DAISY DID SOME mega life-threatening thing that morning. Betting on Mr. Allen's hyper good mood due to the upcoming dinner plan with his business partners and the good weather, she had, somehow, actually get the permission to go out until past dinner time.

Unbelievable, right?

Of course, she lied that she was meeting her pen pal and even prepared a fake letter she had asked Hermione herself to write, but it went smoother than her expectation. Her father was busy preparing for the event with the Allen Residence's butler.

So, when the clock chimed three o'clock, she bid her father and Lucy goodbye, then dashed towards the Burrow with laughter bubbling up her chest. She was that overjoyed.

Apparently, she wasn't the only one looking forward to the reunion, because the Burrow's door was thrown over before she even reached the front porch and Fred stood there, grinning with his arms stretched open.

She threw herself onto his embrace, and he twirled them around. Breathing in her godly smell of roses and her petite figure that fit his arms like pieces of puzzle. They missed each other so, so much.

"You're here!"

"You're back!"

"How's life without me?"

"Boring," Daisy admitted, "Yours are always so fun."

"Believe me, when there's so much going in your life, you're gonna miss the boring old days."

Daisy chuckled, "Don't act like you're so wise."

"I am wise," Fred winked, "My life is never as fun as when you're around, anyway. Come on, George and I have loads to tell you. Loads!"

- end of PART II -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 21.6K 64
Professor Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall came late into the night to save you from your father. They would be taking you out of Ilvermorny and t...
223K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...
109K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 104,106 It's always...
130K 4.2K 27
George Weasley lost an ear, taking away 50% of his hearing. But after the traumas of the war he lost most of his hearing. He wasn't sure if his body...