Mending Hearts

By themarvelbitch26

When a broken girl meets a blue eyed man who believes hes a monster, can the two get along in the compound, o... More

𝔸/β„•
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ›
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟜
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟝
*ℂℍ𝔸ℝ𝔸ℂ𝕋𝔼ℝ π”Έπ”Όπ•Šπ•‹β„π”Όπ•‹π•€β„‚*
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟞
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟟
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟠
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟑
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ˜
*β„™π•ƒπ”Έπ•π•ƒπ•€π•Šπ•‹*
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ™
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸš
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ›
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸœ
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸž
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸŸ
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ 
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟘
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸšπŸ™
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟚
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸšπŸ›
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟜
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟝
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟞
𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔸ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋𝕄𝔼ℕ𝕋
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟟
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟠
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟑
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ›πŸ˜
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ›πŸ™
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ›πŸš

ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ πŸ™πŸ‘

584 18 4
By themarvelbitch26

𝔻𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕖

Waking up still cuddled into Bucky's chest was something I adored, and hoped to do as much as he'd let me. I could feel the oversized shirt still resting on my body and blankets over top, keeping us both cocooned in eachothers warmth. I nuzzled my face further in his chest and I felt him squeeze me slightly. Judging by the small breathe he let out I guessed he enjoyed having me this close too - even in his sleep.

I lay on him for a little while, enjoying the feeling of his chest rising and falling with every breathe, until I had to get up to pee. Getting out of Bucky's arms was a slight challenge, but I managed to gently slide out of bed without waking the soldier. Before shutting the door I noticed a slight crease in between his eyebrows, but put it down to a dream and locked the door. I decided I should take off my makeup while I was here, scolding myself for sleeping with it on.

As I was washing my face I heard my blankets russelling, then Buck's voice filled the bedroom "Doll?" It was a tone laced with confusion and... concern? He called out again and I opened the door to see him sat up in the middle of the bed, looking wide awake all of a sudden.

"Hey Buck, you okay?" He looked me up and down and smiled, clearly relieved I hadn't left him. He nodded and moved to sit so his back was against the headboard, then tapped the space next to him.

Suddenly feeling shy, I walked over with a hint of a blush on my cheeks. When I went to sit down Bucky grabbed my hips and pulled me down so I sat with a leg each side of him - and I was on his lap. He hummed and pulled me closer, resting his chin on top of my head. "Much better, how're you Doll?" His hands rubbed up and down my back soothingly, and I already felt ready to go back to sleep.

Leaning forward, I kissed his collarbone gently before responding to him. "I'm good" I found myself smiling at this situation, adoring the feeling of being content and having a moment I'd always wanted to feel. I pulled away slightly to look at his face, gently sweeping the hair stuck to his cheeks out of the way. My hand stayed moving across his face, even once all the hair had been moved, as if I was memorizing every crease and dip and rise there was.

Bucky's hand came up and rested on my cheek after he tucked my hair behind my ear. He then pulled my head closer so our foreheads were touching, and whispered "good morning Doll face" to me while those gorgeous eyes scanned my face, taking in my content expression.

Giving him a smile, one as big as I could muster with how happy I was in the moment with him, I replied "good morning Buck". I decided not to ask about the different nickname, or tell him that I liked that one too, just to go with it and enjoy that it was him calling me it.

He connected our lips, giving me a slow kiss that showed we were both still drowsy. When we broke apart I found myself thinking about last night, causing butterflies to swarm in my stomach and heat to rush to my cheeks. Sadly, he seemed to noticed this and rubbed my exposed thigh gently, "you alright there pretty girl?"

My blush deepend at the sound of his voice and the new nickname, and I looked down at our laps as I played with my hands. "I uhh... last night was-" I had lost my words again, but before Bucky could think the worst I rushed out "last night was amazing" okay, probably a bit too far but oh well now he knows.

The smile Bucky gave me was infectious, it reached to his eyes and caused them to glint slightly. "Could say the same Doll, sure you're okay with it?" I nodded and grinned, until one small detail made my heart race. When I looked at him wide eyed, it was like he already knew what I'd say, "it's okay, it wont happen. I cant get you pregnant dont worry Doll". His hands rubbed my back gently and my heart rate instantly slowed.

Wait, he couldnt get me pregnant? "What do you mean?" His eyes changed and I realized it must've had something to do with his past. Steve had mentioned him not being himself and also not being the enemy but no one would tell me much more. At a guess he also got put on ice but used very differently to the capcicle. "Nevermind, just tell me when you wanna, okay?" His muscles eased again and he nodded, tucking his face into my neck.

"Sorry Doll, I should've told you so you didnt worry" I smiled, and tangled my fingers in his hair to give him some head scratches to ease him further.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not gonna be pregnant now and it was an amazing night it's okay Buck" he nodded into me and pulled me impossibly closer. After a few minutes of silence I called out to the AI, " hey f.r.i.d.a.y , what time is it?"

The Irish accent filled the room and responded, "it's almost half 10 in the morning, would you like me to let everyone know you and Sargent Barnes are awake?"

"Oh no thanks f.r.i.d.a.y, dont say anything to them it's fine"

Bucky mumbled something to me but it was muffled by my neck. He lifted his head up and spoke again, "wanna grab some breakfast?"

I chuckled but nodded, and got up to head straight for the kitchen. Until I realised I should probably put my own clothes back on. "Oh uh, I'll meet you there I need to find some clothes"

Bucky grinned at me, "as gorgeous as you look like that I may have to agree with you on that one". He pulled his jeans on and picked up his boots, "I'll get changed too and shower, see you in the kitchen Doll"

I walked over and kissed him, relishing in the feeling when his hands grabbed my waist and pulled me so our bodies were flush against one another. When we broke apart we were both smiling like idiots at eachother, causing us both to laugh. "See you in the kitchen Buck"

He left, gently shutting the door behind him after smiling at me. My heart was beating a thousand times a minute at this rate, and only for him. Shaking my head I decided to focus on getting ready, heading into the bathroom to jump in the shower.

I was quick, cleaning my face and body then grabbing a towel and going to find an outfit in 5 minutes. I didnt need to wash my hair so that was up in a messy bun, and I decided to leave it up there if I was going to be cooking. I put on a pair of black joggers and a white cropped tank top before throwing a black and white flannel over the top.

Within 10 minutes I was in the kitchen and ready to start cooking, silently praising myself for being so quick. Bucky walked in without leaving me alone for a minute, wearing a tight black t-shirt and black joggers. Great minds I suppose.

Bucky walked over to me and wrapped an arm over my shoulders, "so what are we cooking then Doll?" He kissed my cheek and held me close, waiting for my reply.

I thought for a second, and decided on something easy "pancakes?" I looked up at him for his reaction and when he smiled at me, nodding his head, I grinned at him. "Okay I need milk and eggs out the fridge" and I tried to move to grab the other ingredients but his arm stayed over me, pulling me into his chest so I was gazing up at him. "Please?"

"Better. But I was gonna ask how you've memorized the recipe?" He smirked, causing me to blush again.

The small smile rested on my lips without me even knowing as I answered the question, "oh my mom taught me, we used to make them almost every weekend so it kinda just got stuck in my head after a while".

A smile washed over his face, clearly noticing it was a fond memory, but he didnt ask any more about my mom. "Just milk and eggs then?"

"Mhm yep, I'll grab the other stuff" he let me go and I instantly sprang into action, moving around the kitchen smoothly thanks to muscle memory.

We made the batter quickly, with Bucky handing me things and me putting the correct amounts into the mixing bowl. While I left the pan to heat up I grabbed toppings: lemon, sugar, nutella, strawberries, blueberries and syrup.

The oil was hot enough to crisp up the edges so I went to pour some, but I felt a slightly cool arm wrap around my waist under the flannel. I adored this soft side to him, with the cuddles and constant touching, it was all I'd wanted. Leaning into him slightly, I poured in some batter and let it cook while we just stood watching it in eachothers company.

We ate while we cooked, not wanting them to get cold. The batter finished after a while and so did our hunger, both of us stuffed full of food with content looks on our faces. I cleaned up quickly and began putting things away when Steve walked in.

"Need another minute in the microwave Mr Freeze?" I joked, causing Bucky to chuckle and Steve to smile.

"Hello to you too Ellie, hey Buck" Steve walked over to me and hugged me, and I noticed Bucky tense up at the action but he didnt say anything.

Then the frozen meal greeted his bestfriend in their usual fashion, Bucky calling him "Punk" as I'd noticed he always did. I decided I'd leave them both to themselves and go try to draw an idea I'd had earlier. I slipped out of the room easily without either of them noticing and headed to my room and curl up in a pile of blankets I kept on the floor by the window.

I didnt realise how much time had passed thanks to how zoned out I was, but when I looked up it was dark outside and my lights were on. Thanks f.r.i.d.a.y. I yawned and stretched out my back, enjoying the several clicks that filled the silence coating room. I was thirsty and could do with some food so I decided I'd make myself a cup of tea and find the coconut ring biscuits I'd hidden last week for myself.

Wanda walked in while I was filling the kettle up, so I added more to make her a cup too. I knew she loved the way I made tea, probably thanks to growing up doing it the right way. I got out each of our favourite mugs and when she noticed she smiled at me, "sometimes it's like you can read minds not me" she joked with me and I laughed.

I put in the right amount of sugar for each cup and a teabag in each cup, "what can I say, I'm just that good" I joked back at her, causing us both to chuckle.

Once the tea was done I handed jazz hands her mug and fished out my biscuits from my hiding spot. I dipped one in my tea and ate it in one bite, enjoying the taste. Mom seems to be around a lot today huh.

Wanda clears her throat and I look at her while she smirks at me, "so... Bucky huh?" She breaks into a full on grin and I feel my face instantly heat up.

I shove her arm gently while laughing, willing my face to hide the shyness. "Oh shut up, you were right okay now keep it quiet. Please?"

She jumps up and hugs me, "yes yes yes! I knew it! Oh my god this is so cute!" She holds my face and looks me in the eye when she says the next part, "you deserve this okay? I'm not gonna tell anyone but I'm rooting for this"

I smile at her and nod, trying to convince myself that the Sokovian is right, that I do deserve him. Maybe we do, he means too much now so maybe she is right. The agreement in my head shocked me, and I found myself coming to a realisation about the soldier in my room last night.

Of course I wouldnt say it out loud just yet, but I knew I was falling for him as quick as he was putting my heart back together - if not quicker. I'd let him in further than I had initially thought, but I wasnt complaining about it one bit.

Hey darlings :) again, sorry for the slow updates! Lifes really crazy and I'm low on ideas so this chapter isn't great but hopefully you like it anyway.

Thanks for reading so far and also thank you for over 500 reads! I could've cried when I saw I was so excited, so thank you. Have a good morning/night and I'll see ya'll next chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 1.2K 44
❝ what, you can't handle the ideological aspect of sex? get over yourself, I know you want to f- ❞ ❝ lila. ❞ ❝ -uck me? ❞ γ€Œ"if you love someone or s...
29.1K 704 24
Orphic (Adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. "You are infuriating." "So are you, Mister Barnes." * "Don't you dare to give...
50.9K 2.1K 77
LokixFem!ReaderxBucky IMPORTANT: A little message to those who may not have read the full description: You end up with one of them, not both. This is...
37.3K 973 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...