The Emperor's New Emperor

By nightskys_atlas

This is the rewritten version of my previous Kuzco x male reader. You can go find the other on my profile, bu... More

Quick A/N
Prologue
Ch. 1: A Lot of Breaking the 4th Wall
Ch. 2: Yeesh, That's Gotta Stop
Ch. 3: Um, Excuse you?
Ch. 4: Violence is Apparently the Answer
Ch. 5: A Dinner to Die For
Ch. 6: Well That's Not Good
Ch. 7: And the Journey Begins
Ch. 8: The Raging River of Death
Ch. 9: Regretful Kiss of Life
Ch. 11: Falling
Ch. 12: Bonding Over Therapy
Ch. 13: Restaurant Shenanigans
Ch. 14: And It Seems to Become True
Ch. 15: Feelings are Hard
Ch. 16: Race to the Palace
Ch. 17: How-?
Ch. 18: Trial Vials
Ch. 19: Happily Ever After

Ch. 10: Kindness is a Great Look on Everyone

3.1K 116 11
By nightskys_atlas

~~~~~ 1st Person POV ~~~~~

     With Kuzco finally leaving us alone, we finally got the fire going. Dad had fallen asleep not too long ago, leaning against a log. I leaned against a different log, occasionally yawning but never actually falling asleep. It would have been peaceful, sitting by the fire in the middle of the jungle with the clear sky above us, if it wasn't for Kuzco's teeth chattering loudly. I almost felt bad for him, having to sit so far from the fire. No, he decided to sit away from the fire because we upset him, even though he was the one being an as- My thoughts were interrupted by a particularly loud shiver from Kuzco. With a sigh, I stood up, taking off my dried (poncho, coat, whatever), and walked toward Kuzco.

     I gently laid my (poncho, coat, whatever) on top of Kuzco, careful to cover as much as possible. As I was beginning to walk back to the fire, I heard Kuzco wake up behind me. Turning, I saw as Kuzco had raised his head and was looking at my (poncho, coat, etc) in confusion. He then turned to me, which called him to jump.

     "Isn't this your's?" he asked me after he nervously cleared his voice.

     "Yep."

     "And you're letting me have it?"

     "For now, yeah. It is freezing over here compared to by the fire. I assumed you didn't want to move over with us, so I'm letting you have that. Can't let you freeze, can we?" I asked with a tired smirk.

     Kuzco froze, but shook himself out of it and said, "Yeah, I'd rather stay over here."

     There was a slight pause as I looked at him, kind of expecting a 'thank you'. Kuzco turned his head and wouldn't look me in the eyes, though.

     "Alright, that's fine," I finally said. "Good night, Kuzco."

~~~ 3rd Person POV ~~~

     Kuzco watched (Y/N) as he walked back to the fire. Once (Y/N) laid down, Kuzco broke his gaze and looked at the ground, eyebrows scrunched up in thought. After a quick glance at sleeping (Y/N)'s face, Kuzco muttered "Good night" and fell into a peaceful sleep.

~~~ At the Palace ~~~

     "And so, it is with great sadness that we mourn the sudden departure of our beloved prince..." Yzma recites at Kuzco's funeral as Kronk sobs from the other side of the memorial they have set up. "Taken from us so tragically on the very eve of his 18th birthday. His legacy will live on in our hearts... for all eternity."

     There is a moment of silence, not counting poor Kronk's sobs.

     "Well," Yzma said to stop the moment of silence, "he ain't gettin' any deader. Back to work."

     She tosses off her mourning robe to reveal a sparkly pink dress. All the people at the funeral tossed the candles they were holding aside and began changing everything from Kuzco-themed to Yzma-themed.

     "Kronk, darlin'," Yzma complimented as she sat on a couch in a nice purple dress, "I must admit you had me worried when you mixed up those poisons, but now that Kuzco is dead, all is forgiven."

     She ate the chicken wings that Kronk gave her as Kronk turned to take care of the rest, getting nervous when Yzma mentioned Kuzco being dead.

     "Ah. Oh, yeah, yeah," Kronk stammered, leaning on the fire. "He's... heh." Kronk's oven mitt that he was wearing caught on fire, and Kronk dropped it to the floor and started stomping the fire out. "He's dead, all right. I mean, you can't get much deader than he- than he is right now." Kronk continued, nervously laughing. "Unless, of course, we killed him again."

     Yzma looked at Kronk suspiciously, narrowing her eyes towards him. "I suppose."

     "Hey, look! The royal dresser's here." Kronk said excitedly as he hurried away from Yzma and towards the royal dresser.

     "Kronk... "

     As the royal dresser rolled over to them, Kronk started explaining, "I should tell you right now I'm kind of hard to fit."

     "Kronk..." Yzma tried to stop him.

     "I wear a 66 long and a 31 waist." he continued.

     Yzma ended up kicking the royal dresser off the side of the platform they were on to get Kronk's full attention and some answers. "Kuzco is dead, right? Tell me Kuzco's dead. I need to hear these words."

     "D-do you need to hear all those words exactly?"

     "He's still alive?!"

     "Well, he's not as dead as we would have hoped."

     "Kronk..." Yzma drawled out, face turning a pinkish red and getting redder with each sentence Kronk said.

     "I just thought I'd give you the heads-up... in case Kuzco ever came back."

     "He can't come back."

     "Yeah. That would be kind of awkward-- especially after that lovely eulogy."

     "You think?" Yzma ran up to Kronk and angrily grabbed the front of his shirt to drag him down to her height. "You and I are going out to find him. If he talks, we are through! Now, let's move!"

     "Dad, (Y/N), look out!" Tipo yelled, springing up out of bed.

      "Tipo, what is it?" Chicha asked as she came up the stairs with a candle in her hand.

     "I had a dream that Dad and (Y/N) were tied to a log and was careening out of control down a raging river of death!" Tipo panted and yelled.

     Chicha comforted and calmed him down as she said, "It's ok, it's ok. Tipo, calm down. It was just a dream. Your dad and (Y/N) are fine, they just went back to see the emperor."

     Tipo stopped panting and said, "Oohhh. Like you told Dad to, 'cause you're always right."

     "That's right."

     "Well, in my dream," Chica said as she popped her head down from the top bunk, "(Y/N) had to kiss a llama."

     "Yeah, like he would ever do that." Tipo doubted.

     "He could."

     "Nuh-uh."

     "Yeah-huh."

     "Nuh-uh."

     The two continued arguing back and forth as Chicha lovingly shook her head. "Good night, you two."

     The two paused their bickering to wish her a good night before diving right back to it as Chicha blew out the candle she was holding.

~~~ Back to you three in the jungle ~~~

~~~ 3rd Person POV ~~~

     Pacha was taking care of the fire from the night before when Kuzco approached him, still wearing (Y/N)'s (poncho, coat, etc.) over his shoulders. Pacha glanced at Kuzco before turning back to the fire.

     "Soo..." Kuzco started. "The (hair color) kid is your kid?"

     "He is, he is my eldest." Pacha responded.

     "That's what I thought. He's nice."

     Pacha smiled softly at the dwindling fire, "He sure is."

     "Well, last night, after he gave me his (poncho, coat, thing), I started wondering about... maybe..." Kuzco trailed off as Pacha looked at him expectantly. "Well, I was thinking about maybe... moving my summer home. I mean, there are a lot of other hilltops to choose from and..."

     "Wait," Pacha interrupted. "You're changing your mind?"

     Kuzco stammered as Pacha continued, "Because you know that means you're doing something nice for someone else."

     "No, I know that. I know." Kuzco replied.

     "And you're all right with that?"

     "Yes."

     Pacha looked at him in doubt, leaning forward as he analyzed Kuzco. Kuzco looked back worried and nervous about the look Pacha was giving him.

     "What?" Kuzco eventually asked.

     Pacha raised his hand, still looking at Kuzco in the same way. Kuzco eagerly went to shake his hand, but Pacha pulled his hand back and stated, "Don't shake unless you mean it."

     A lot more hesitant, Kuzco reached out and shook his hand, causing Pacha to happily smile.

     "All right. Let's get (Y/N) and then we can get you back to palace." Pacha said as he put his poncho back on.

"I'll get him so I can give him his (poncho, coat, thing) back."

Kuzco turned to walk to where (Y/N) was, but Pacha stopped him before he got too far.

"Oh, by the way, thank you."

"No... thank you." Kuzco confidently responded before he turned to walk where he saw (Y/N) was. However, Kuzco's confidence quickly disappeared as he saw (Y/N)'s back turned torwards him. Kuzco took a deep breath and started walking forward.

~~~ 1st Person POV ~~~

I sluggishly walked over to the water, falling to my knees to splash water in my face. I sputtered at the coldness of it, but it did the job of waking me up.

"Uh, hey."

I turned to see Kuzco walking up to me with my (poncho, coat, thing) still over his shoulders. I turned away from him, not really wanted to deal with his arrogance this early in the morning. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him take my (poncho, coat, thing) off of him and hold it out to me.

"Thanks," he said, slightly turned away from me.

"Oh, um, no problem." I replied.

We sat there in awkward silence for a little bit before Kuzco spoke up again.

"Feels like wool."

"Yeah."

"Alpaca?"

"Oh, yeah. It is, actually."

"Oh, yeah. I thought so. It's nice."

"Thank you, my mom made it for me." I said as I lovingly look at it, thinking of the time she made it.

"She knits?" Kuzco asked, interrupting my memories.

"Crochets."

"Crochets. Nice."

"Thanks."

There was another small moment of silence as a frog ribbited from across the water.

"So...:" Kuzco interrupted the silence again. "I spoke with your dad and..." he trailed off.

"And?" I prompted.

"And I have decided to build my summer home somewhere else."

I looked at him in shock until he asked, "What?"

"You're being nice and not kicking my entire village out of our homes."

"Well, I mean, I just thought..." Kuzco stopped when he noticed me looking at him. "What?"

"Being kind," I replied, "it suits you." I stood up to put my (poncho, coat, thing) on. "I think you should do it more often." I smiled at him before turning to walk back to Dad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 24.1K 25
A forced marriage by the emperor's edict? Fine, I'll get married. (Although I'm a man in drag clothing) Consummation night? Sorry, I can't do it. I'...
4.9K 108 19
Bakugou X male reader Y/N, a close friend of Katsuki made it his goal to be the number two hero, he never had a genuine reason. He just wanted to be...
33.2K 1.1K 17
You were just a girl in a village doing alright, then suddenly you became a princess overnight. No just kidding, this is my attempt of one of those "...
6K 310 8
Singh's Part How would I define my little rascal? He's simply the most stubborn and impudent person I have ever met! He hits first and seldom talks l...