I Thought I Knew You

By DramaLoversDream513

Boarding school AU. Elizabeth is the new girl at Liones Academy and she bumps into an old face: Meliodas. Exc... More

An Unexpected Face
How Long's It Been?
The Deity Society
Midnight Flight
Why do you humor him?
The Boar's Hat
The Locker Room Fight (Extra Chapter)
Jumping Out of Windows
Ditching
Those Watching Eyes
Saturday Mornings
Pool Parties
The System
Secrets
Dodgeball
Evidence
Miss Merlin
The Heavy Weight She Bore (Extra Chapter)
First Kiss
Twins
Knocking Back
Saintly Solitude (Extra Chappie)
Is This Love?
Running Away
War Of Pride
Always Average (Extra Chappie)
You Mean The Best
Last Hope
Idiot, Idiot, Idiot
Hope
Clan Academy
The Library
Never Real

Truth Or Dare

97 4 2
By DramaLoversDream513

"What is she doing here?!" Diane shrieked as she spotted Jericho. She stiffened like a cat that had been flicked with water, hissing. "Elizabeth have you gone crazy! The Holy knights hate the Sins."

I blinked as I looked between the two young women. Diane was coiled and tense, ready to attack, and Jericho was scowling and stern, her own hands fixed onto the hilt of her sword. Both looked ready to fight, to combat, but none made the first move.

But I think it was only because I was here.

Luckily, Guila had retreated to her dorm, saying that she had to write a letter to her younger brother. Otherwise this would be a much messier situation. But naturally Jericho had insisted upon checking that I made it back ok. Of course I had said that she didn't need to, but the knight stayed firm. In fact she made sure I had my key and everything. She's extremely stubborn. I definitely had to take note of that: her stubbornness could definitely rival Veronica's.

"Hate is a very strong word you know," Jericho huffed, rolling her eyes. Her gaze narrows. "I just despise you."

"Like that's any better," Diane muttered as she approached me. Her gaze then softened, brows crinkled with concern. "Are you ok Elizabeth? Your sister just dragged you away out of nowhere."

"Yes, I'm fine," I say as I watch the two exchange glares. Yep, Diane definitely dislikes Jericho. For what reason I'm not too sure, however the anger is evident. I can see it in the way they both clench their fists and try not to break into an argument or fight because of my sake.

"That's great!" Diane beamed. She then began to push the Holy knight towards the door, "Well goodbye Jericho! I'll be sure to see you Saturday."

"But - wait Saturday! Who said you were invited?" Jericho's eyes widened in shock.

"Guila," Diane answered smugly, "Now go to your dorm. You've done your job protecting Elizabeth and I promise I won't harm her."

Jericho opened her mouth to protest, but instead clamped it shut right after. Instead of talking, she just nodded in my direction, before growling at Diane and stalking down the hall. Diane had definitely pissed her off and the same for the other way round. Whatever tension they had between themselves was definitely explosive. I wonder what it could be...

I turned to face my roommate and she had a huge grin on her face. A few giggles escaped as she peered at me.

"Did you see the look on her face!" Diane suddenly burst into peals of laughter, "Oh if Merlin were here then - " She didn't finish as she began to laugh even more. Walking inside, Diane then shut the front door to our dorm. The taller girl then lead me down the hall towards the living room.

She then planted me down on the couch, making sure I was comfy, before wiping away a tear of joy. She then placed her hands on her hips and gave me a small grin.

"You haven't eaten much all day have you?" She mused.

My stomach seemed to understand her as it let out a small growl. I yelped before blushing, covering my face with my hands.

"I guess I haven't had time to eat with everything that's been going on," I answer in a small voice.

"Well it's a good thing I can cook!" Diane smiled, "I didn't know what you liked to eat so I just made steamed pork. You're ok with that, right?"

"Sure," I respond, "Do you usually make that dish?"

"Sometimes," Diane answers as she disappears into the hall, "However I like to change it up sometimes. I usually steal a couple recipes off Ban. His cooking is legendary! King seems to enjoy my cooking more though, as he more or less comes to eat with me everyday."

"He does?" I say. They must be close. It seems that both King and Diane knew each other extremely well and were really good friends. Or maybe they were like Ban and Elaine. I'll definitely have to ask, although it would not be my place to ask such a thing. It is none of business after all.

"Of course he does, silly," Diane giggled as she came back in with two full plates, "We've known each other for years. I met him when I was really little and I nursed him back to health after finding him passed out in a stream."

The brunette then handed me a plate along with a knife and fork. On it was some cuts of pork with some vegetables and rice. It looked so delicious and the fact that she'd thought to make some for me made me want to eat it even more. Well, that and the fact that I hadn't really eaten all day. I could feel my mouth watering.

"That was really kind of you Diane," I say as I take a bite of my food.

"I know," She sighed as she flopped down beside me. A solemn look seemed to pass before she raised a brow and nudged me. "Anyway, where were you all day?"

"Veronica wanted me to do some stuff," I say. 

I think it'd be best if I didn't say that I was with any of the goddess race. It would cause a few issues, as well as conflicts and objections. Plus I still don't know what side of the divide the Sins are on. None of them had ever clarified, though I assume they're in my current situation as Meliodas is with them. However I'd rather keep the peace by thinking about this alone. Maybe going for a nighttime flight would help as well.

I haven't gone for one for a while now and I'm beginning to miss the sensation of a cool breeze on my feathery wings. Flying had always helped to clear my head back in the old days. Watching all of the tiny trees and people slip out before me as I soared with the clouds and stars. I should go tonight, just to get some exercise and clear my thoughts.

"Are you ok Elizabeth?" Diane tilted her head, "You seem a little distracted."

Caught off guard, I flush slightly before blinking and smiling, "I'm ok. Just a little tired. Today had quite a few events."

Diane chuckled beside me, eating her meal while I tried to figure out what was so funny. I mean I hadn't told a joke and last time I checked I didn't appear funny or anything. In fact I'm pretty sure what I said was serious. It had been a long day for me and a bed was beginning to look more and more promising the longer the day drew on.

"What's so funny?" I ask, my voice quivering slightly. I'd hate to think Diane doesn't take me seriously. If she thought of me as a joke, then how would the other Sins see me? Let alone Meliodas. 

Meliodas... 

That's another decision I need to make. One I thought I'd never have to make again after befriending him hundreds of years ago. I thought that was all in the past.

"Well, I have a lot more planned for you tonight," Diane grinned, her words breaking my thoughts.

"You do?" I say, eyes wide with curiosity and dread. Hopefully it wasn't as painful as her and Elaine's 'preparations'. I can still feel a numb aching sensation all over.

"Of course I do," The brunette beamed, "It's your first night at Liones Academy, meaning we have to have a game of truth or dare with the Sins."

"Truth or dare?" I repeat. I'd never heard of such a thing at Celestial Prep, however Veronica and Margaret had told me about it. It was a type of game that was popular on the surface. Many enjoyed partaking in it and I heard that there are often twists that others add.

"Yep," Diane smirked, "Unless you're scared to play?"

I felt my face heat up under the pressure of her question. Truth or dare definitely was a daunting concept for me, however if I'm going to fit in I'll need to take part. I mean it can't be that bad, can it?

"No of course not!" I shriek, "I'll definitely play."

"Yes!" Diane hugged me before winking, "I'll just invite the Sins and we'll get started with the game and drinks."

O.o.O.o.O

"So you got the princess to take part?" Gowther adjusted his glasses as he took a sip of his beer.

We were all in the living room of my and Diane's dorm, all sprawled about in comfortable spaces and drinking. So far all of the Sins had arrived, each of them bringing something that was needed for tonight. Merlin brought sleeping bags and restocked Diane with some sort of medicine; Escanor supplied the drinks; Gowther brought some truth or dare cards; King brought pillows; Meliodas brought more drinks and Ban brought some food, which smelled absolutely delicious!

In fact we seemed all stocked to have a mini-party. But judging by the sleeping bags and such the Sins were probably going to stay the night. It was strictly against the rules to partake in any co-ed sleepovers, if any sleepovers were to occur, however everyone had seemed to have a cover. We all agreed on a story that I wasn't feeling too well and so everyone decided to keep watch till I got better. It seemed pretty flawless too.

I sighed as guilt twisted at my gut. I know I shouldn't lie, let alone more than once a day to more than one person, however I didn't see much harm in this small lie. People in power often tell white lies, so I'm sure it'll be fine this once. It's only a sleepover after all.

"Princess?" King's head raised in interest, "Who's the princess?"

"Elizabeth," Gowther answered simply, "She's the youngest daughter of King Baltra."

The room filled with silence as my explanation was caught in my throat. I knew I'd forgotten to tell the Sins something! Being a princess was meant to be a matter of pride, however right now I saw it as a limitation. It made others view me as someone who should be respected and feared. I don't enjoy that. Plus I haven't earned the title of a princess. I more or less threw that away with my old life.

But how did Gowther know?

I hadn't mentioned any of this to anyone and I'm certain the Deity Society wouldn't share what they know about me. Sirens began to go off in my head as I overthought, before responding. The words simply were what instantly came to my mind.

"How - how do you know I'm a princess?" I slowly let out my words.

"I took a peek at your memories, you're also a - "

"Don't!" I squeak as I dive at the male, covering his mouth with my hand. He continued to talk, his words muffled.

I sighed. No-one can find out about my true identity. If they do then I'll have a target on my back and once it's there it can never be removed. I looked at the Sins, all of them wearing looks of confusion at my sudden outburst. I guess this was a little out of character for me, especially since I'm a passive person by nature. Sighing, I share eye contact with Meliodas and he gives me a small nod, a grin on his face. He'll probably convince the Sins that it was something embarrassing. I smile back before releasing Gowther.

Merlin immediately walked over to him, her stature reminding me of an adult who was ready to scold. Gowther seemed to deflate as he saw this, his face plain and slack.

"What have I told you about peeking at everyone's memories?" Merlin sighed as she took out a bottle, "This time take it in front of me."

Gowther sighed in annoyance before taking the bottle from Merlin and taking out a pill. He then placed the white pill in his mouth before washing it down with his beer. He then opened his mouth and showed Merlin, moving his tongue out the way so she could see if he'd actually swallowed it. Once satisfied the senior year grinned.

"Thank you for the cooperation," Merlin nodded before seating herself to get a foot massage from Escanor.

"So you're a princess?" Ban raised a brow.

"Yes," I answer shortly, "I'm not part of the royal family by blood however."

"A princess is still a princess," King frowned, "Give me a sec to look presentable."

"No you don't have to - Ah!"

I jumped back slightly as King seemed to become a fatter and seedier version of himself. The sounds of heavy breathing filled the room and I could see Ban's face of shock, while Elaine simply shook her head.

"I apologise for being so informal, it takes a lot of strength to change form like this," Even his voice had changed. It was deeper and more strained, definitely a contrast to King's normal voice.

"That's...fine," I answer, "You can just treat me like anyone else."

"If you insist," King sighed before changing back and falling onto his pillow, "Ah, I'm beat."

"Me too," Elaine let out a small yawn as she cuddled close to Ban, "Should we get on with truth or dare then?"

"Yes!" Diane practically squealed as she swiped the cards from Gowther, "Ok here's the rules. You can either do a truth or dare, you pick a card from the pile and if you don't do what's on the card you have to strip."

"Strip?" I tilt my head in confusion, "You mean as in undress right?"

"Yep!" Diane grinned as I turned a faint shade of red, "Ok any objections?"

A echo of nos filled the room as everyone agreed to the conditions Diane set up. I think it was the alcohol that mainly made everyone agree so easily. The word 'no' didn't even fill my ears as they left my lips, more or less sealing me to my doom. Well a doom that Diane concocted before my arrival.

"Great!" Diane then went to arrange us into a circle, making certain people sit beside each other in boy-girl order. I found myself between Meliodas and Ban, Meliodas being a comfort and Ban being a new friend. Across from me sat Merlin and she was between Gowther and Escanor. She seemed unhappy, but smiled at me nonetheless. I guess she's used to being roped into these things.

"I'll spin this empty bottle and whoever it lands on starts," Diane spoke as she happily sat beside King and Gowther. She then spun the glass bottle, it going so fast it was a blur at first. It then began to slow, heading straight back to Diane.

"I guess I start," The brunette smiled, "Elizabeth, truth or dare?"

"Why am I first?!" I say slightly alarmed.

"Because I say so," Diane answered, "So truth or dare, Ellie?"

"Truth?" I say slowly, ignoring that she used my nickname.

She then drew a truth card and read it out, "Tell your deepest darkest secret."

Suddenly I felt as if I were lit on fire. I instinctively flushed red, beginning to tug at my hair. My deepest darkest secret. That would be abandoning my own kind after befriending their enemy. Something I could never tell another soul. But if I don't do anything, I'll have to strip. The thought of showing several males my undergarments wasn't one I wanted to experience. If Veronica found out she'd go crazy too. Not to mention Jericho and Guila.

Taking in a deep breathe, I removed my socks. I then threw them into a corner of the room, smirking at the brunette. Diane simply huffed while the others noted my smart move. Diane didn't say that socks didn't count so I'm technically in the safe zone. She knew that and therefore just passed it on.

"It's your turn to ask Elizabeth," The brunette sighed.

"Oh, ok," I say as I look at everyone in the circle. I decided to pass it onto Elaine. "Elaine truth or dare?"

"Dare," She answered simply.

Diane passed her the stack of cards and she took one, "Go in a closet with the person on your right for a round."

To Elaine's right was Ban. The both of them grinned before winking at Diane. They then left the room, heading to the hall closet. Once they were gone, a few let out a sigh. I think we all knew that they were going to be busy in there. It was evident by how they can't stay away from each other for a second.

"They'll be in there for a while," Meliodas spoke making King fume.

"Don't put those images into my head!" The auburn-haired fairy whined, "I don't want to think about that..."

"I agree," Diane nodded, "You can be a real pervert Captain."

"All I said was that they'd take a while," Meliodas shrugged, "You just assumed the rest."

Merlin just sighed before gesturing at Diane, "Let's just cut their time down as much as possible. I'd hate for anything to happen."

Diane nodded, while King ended up turning his back on the senior.

"I told you I don't want to think of them in that way!" He huffed from his pillow, "Elaine is my sister. You think I want to imagine those two having - ugh!"

"Well, that's the circle of life my friend," Meliodas grinned, "One day you and Diane might decide to - "

"Stop!" The small male then passed out, blood spilling from his nose. Diane sighed before shaking her head.

"Ok, since Elaine's out for a round, it's Escanor's turn," Diane gestured to the scrawny male, "I'll go and help King. The rest of you continue and make sure no-one cheats Merlin."

The senior year nodded as the taller female grabbed King and his body pillow, before exiting the room. Hopefully he'll be ok. I've never witnessed anything like this happen before, let alone on a scale like that. Maybe I should go and help Diane. I can heal after all.

"Elizabeth truth or dare?" I sighed as yet again someone asked me the dreaded question. This time it had broken my train of thought.

"Dare," I say, not wanting to say truth for a second time in a row.

Merlin then passed me the card stack and I took one, "Sit on the person to your right's lap for the rest of the game..."

I looked up to see a smirking Merlin and Escanor sharing looks. Gowther was the only one who remained normal, his usual curious look focused on me and my actions. I look to my right to see Meliodas grinning sheepishly. Of course Diane had to make it a girl-boy arrangement! She knew what she was doing...

A blush brewed on my cheeks as I knew I had to either do the dare or strip. I couldn't lose anymore clothing now or my undergarments would be exposed. But then again the dare was just as bad. It was a bit awkward, but then again what have I got to lose? It's not like anyone would know what I've done. Plus I'm sure it won't be that awkward. Little kids sit on their parents' laps all the time, whether they're the same gender or not. I just have to think of it that way.

Biting my lip, I gingerly get up. I then take a deep breathe before doing as the dare said, hiding my face in my hair. No-one needs to know how red my face is right now. Not even Merlin.

"See it's not that bad Elizabeth," Merlin tried to suppress a laugh.

"Let's just go to the next person," I say, trying to ignore the hand that was resting by my thigh. I felt myself blush more. Meliodas was still exactly same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 842 35
~Meliodas x Elizabeth Modern AU~ Everything is not how it seems, which is why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. That's something both Meliodas...
41K 783 55
Meliodas is coldhearted and rejects every girl who asks him out. But what happens when a new girl comes? Can she change his heart? I dont own any of...
80.7K 2.2K 34
Elizabeth Liones has hated herself for as long as she can remember. The scars on her body prove it, but nobody seems to notice. They all see the smil...
33.4K 1.1K 25
~Meliodas x Elizabeth Modern AU~ Elizabeth sends a glare his way. "You're not my boyfriend." She says, even though it pained her to say it. "And your...