Bright and Shiny - Grey's Ana...

By nilagang_hatdog

Different take on season 1 and the relationships. What if Meredith and Derek were married before she started... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chaoter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 49

330 10 0
By nilagang_hatdog

When the surgery was completed and the patient was in recovery. Meredith collapsed in exhaustion in the locker room as she went to shower and change out of her scrubs and into a fresh pair before grabbing something to eat.

Mark and Derek had followed the patient to recovery, went to speak to the family, went to do the necessary paperwork, and get the congratulatory pats on the back from the Chief and board members. They were going to be tied up for awhile so she figured she'd take the time to get ready for the second half of her shift.

Gathering her stuff from her locker to hit the shower, she halted when Izzy floated in with Cristina and George behind.

"That was suc have no words for it, wasn't it? When Dr. Sloan saw my potential and asked me, me of all people to work side by side with him." She praised herself.

"Potential? Side by side? Are you forgetting we were in the gallery watching, all he did was ask you to look at what he was doing. That was hardly an accomplishment Blondie." Christina snarked at her. "If he saw anything in you, it was your rack."

Meredith laughed out loud not being able to hold it in. Cristina surely had Mark pegged.

"Aren't you going to defend him? He's your brother in law after all." Izzy asked of her.

"Ah, no I'm not. Christina has him figured out, but you also should be proud. Having Mark ask you to come closer to take a look, is an accomplishment coming from him." Meredith sided in-between with both of them.

"You did real well too Meredith." George blushingly said to her.

"Thank you." She replied, she was going to call him Dr. O'Malley but she didn't want to seam rude since he used her first name but she still felt uneasy with the way he talked to her the night of the mixer and the way he looks at her. So she just choice to be indifferent and not address him by any name.

Meredith smiled at remembrance of the mixer, or actually after the mixer. Derek hated events like that, called them stupid and he didn't really feel like going after spending all day dealing with paperwork and contracts for his first day as the Head of Neurosurgery. He said he wanted to get himself ready and not meet and greet strangers so they both dressed. He drove her to the hospital, he parked and went over to this bar across the street. Joe's bar, to wait for her as she went over to the mixer to be social as the intern.

She talked to the Chief, met some people she doesn't even remember now. Went to grab a glass of wine and that was when some mumbling intern tried chatting her up and realized Derek was right. This was stupid. She lasted all but 30 minutes before running across the street to the bar to pick up her man.

She saw him sitting alone at the bar chatting with the bartender. After the bartender went to serve a drink. She came up behind him and sat two stools away from his left. He knew someone was there, someone who probably wanted to pick him up so he ignored her. She knew if she sat next to him, he'd instantly know it was her by her smell.

"Come here often?" she asked. As she did he instantly stopped ignoring her, his head shot up and his face brightened with a huge smile.

"First time actually. I'm waiting for someone"

"Really? Me too. My husband." She smiled back as she reached over, took his glass of single malt scotch and brought it to her lips to take a sip of her husbands' favourite drink.

"Your husband is a very lucky guy to have a beautiful wife like you."

"Oh I know he is" she laughed and winked.

She was startled from her day dream as Cristina slammed her locker shut in annoyance.

"What ever. Dr. Sloan asking her to look is nothing since I could look in the gallery just fine. It's not like he let you assist like Shepherd here." She continued to be rude to Izzy.

Meredith figured surgery jealousy played some part in this, she flashed Izzy a look of sympathy while Izzy smiled back in gratitude for before Meredith decided to grab her new scrubs and her bag of shower essentials and go shower in a quieter and less hostile environment.

She quickly left the locker room with her hands full of the stuff before any of them could ask where she was going. She had a key, she'd just go use Derek's private shower since he was all tied up with work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
120K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
930K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
211K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...