The Truth About Lies[COMPLETE...

By AnointingYao

*************************************** Book two of the Princess Eleanora series ****************************... More

Author's note.
🌳 Prologue🌳
🏵️Chapter 1🏵️: The wedding bells
🏵️Chapter 2🏵️: Lonely wedding night.
🏵️Chapter 3🏵️: Honeymoon.
🏵️Chapter 4🏵️: Mistress Eleanora Henia.
🏵️Chapter 5🏵️: Dure's nightmare.
🏵️Chapter 6🏵️: In the midst of worry.
🏵️Chapter 7🏵️: The Queen's luncheon.
🏵️Chapter 8🏵️: Letting go.
🏵️ Chapter 9🏵️: Terrible news.
🏵️Chapter 10🏵️: A Royal Send-off.
🏵️Chapter 11🏵️: Suicide attempt.
🏵️Chapter 12🏵️: Cutting all ties.
🏵️Chapter 13🏵️:The brown file.
🏵️Chapter 14🏵️: An Ex's trouble.
🏵️ Chapter 15🏵️: Our first disagreement.
🏵️ Chapter 17🏵️: Girl's night.
🏵️Chapter 18🏵️: Expecting him.
🏵️ Chapter 19🏵️:Happiness is where your heart is
🏵️ Chapter 20🏵️: Upon His return
🏵️Chapter 21🏵️: The ambassador's party.
🏵️Chapter 22🏵️: A drunk husband returns home.
🏵️Chapter 23🏵️: When things start to fall apart.
🏵️Chapter 24🏵️: Dream or memory?
🏵️ Chapter 25🏵️: Standing for thy husband
🏵️Chapter 26🏵️: The royal seal.
🏵️Chapter 27🏵️: Hill Atahalen {Christmas special☃️}
🏵️ Chapter 28🏵️: The Christmas ball (Christmas special 2 ☃️)
🏵️Chapter 29🏵️: Eleanora's birthday party.
🏵️ Chapter 30🏵️: A healing vacation for Justin.
🏵️ Chapter 31🏵️: Exit of an icon.
🏵️Chapter 32🏵️: The confrontation.
🏵️ Chapter 33🏵️: Divorce threats.
🏵️Chapter 34🏵️: The phonecall.
🏵️Chapter 35🏵️: Trouble looms.
🏵️Chapter 36🏵️: A decision to forgive.
🏵️Chapter 37🏵️: In-laws visit.
🏵️Chapter 38🏵️: Hurt me with the truth rather than comforting me with lies.
🏵️Chapter 39🏵️: Meeting up with an old pal.
🏵️Chapter 40🏵️: Streetlight dancing.
🏵️Chapter 41🏵️: Psycho for husband.
🏵️ Chapter 42🏵️: The truth about lies.
🏵️Chapter 43🏵️: Failed Plan A?... Moving to plan B.
🏵️Chapter 44🏵️: A drunk evening.
🏵️Chapter 45🏵️: Sex scandal upon thy return.
🏵️Chapter 46🏵️: The Confrontation(2)
🏵️ Chapter 47🏵️: Guilt doesn't matter... Does it?
🏵️Chapter 48🏵️: Reality is finally realized.
🏵️Chapter 49🏵️: The Accused Princess.
🏵️Chapter 50🏵️: Elimination method
🏵️Chapter 51🏵️: Cleaning up.
🏵️Morals of this novel🏵️
🏵️Author's Note🏵️

🏵️ Chapter 16🏵️: The royal interview.

35 15 3
By AnointingYao

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

     "Your highness, what happened to your face?" I heard someone ask.

  I looked at myself in the mirror, slowly touched the affected area and flinched.

"It still hurts. Fuck!" I murmured as I carefully examined my left cheek.

  "It must be hurting you, Princess. Right?" Ciara said as she fell on her knees beside me and tried to touch it but I held her hand before she could do so. I looked at her for the first time since she got to my room. Her eyes were filled with questions and worry.

  "I wasn't careful and allowed the door to slap my face" I Chuckled slowly. " Guess that's what you get for not being patient" I said, hoping she'd believe it.

She didn't believe what I was saying and it was written boldly on her face.

  "Get me what to wear, Ciara. Can't be late for the interview". I ordered her but she didn't even budge.

"What about your face?" She asked me, not taking her eyes off it for one second.

  "A good make up to conceal it will do, alright" I told her.

  "But, Princess, you rarely use make up"

"Then let's make today one of those rare times" I told her as I rested my hand on her right cheek. "I know you're worried about me, Ciara. I'm fine. I swear" I tried to assure her.

   She didn't move from her spot. She just stayed there and was looking at my face.

  You don't expect me to tell her it was my husband that did this to me, right?

I wasn't too worried about Ciara. I was more worried about Mary. Mary is my closest maid and I'm quite sure she wouldn't want to see my face like this. If Ciara can get this worried over my face, Mary would totally flip.

"Ciara, take the concealer on this table and rub it on my face before Mary gets here" I ordered her but she still didn't move.

"Someone hit you, right?" Was the next thing I heard.

"What?"

"Someone hit your face" she repeated. Her eyes were filled with bitterness and tears rolled out of those bitter eyes.

  Seeing her hurt was breaking me. I was already trying my utmost best to be strong, but now that she was crying, I could feel the stinging tears threatening to fall.

  I silently sniffled and looked at her. "I'm fine, Ciara. I was just being careless, I swear". I told her, my hands curling round her chin and raising it up to meet mine.  "I promise not to be careless again". I promised her.

  She didn't look convinced but she nodded and picked up the concealer.  She dipped the brush into the concealer and put it on the red part of my face. I flinched a little. "Be gentle Ciara. That place still hurts". I told her and she nodded. Being more gentle on me than before.

   I didn't want her to know that my husband hit me because he was drunk. I didn't want her to look at my husband in a different light. I also didn't want her to think I was weak.

I closed my eyes, as I felt Ciara getting to work. I remembered the incident that took place this morning, I shuddered in fear. What worried me the most was the look on Dure's face. The look of anger and hatred, is the one look I can't forget in my whole life. Someone has given me that look before and abnormally for me, I can't remember the person's face but the person's look has been imprinted on my mind that I can't seem to erase it.

After slapping me, Dure walked out on me in anger this morning. His face showed no sign of remorse but I really don't know if it was because he was drunk or because he truly hated me.

  I've never been so emotionally confused in my life. I mean, How can someone who loves me so much give me such a cold look?

  Or was I over thinking?

  "Your highness, I'm done" I heard Ciara say and I opened my eyes slowly. I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror. 

  "Do you like it?" Her nervous voice cut through my admiration.

  "I love it, Ciara. Where did you learn to be this good?"

"It's nothing, your highness. It's nothing, really". She said shyly but still not smiling.

  "Wow, you're so good with this, Ciara. I mean, I almost couldn't recognize myself but I'm still recognizable at the same time".  I told her, as I examined my face in the mirror the more.  I couldn't see a trace of the hand print Dure imprinted on my face.

  "My mother was abused by my father. Anytime grandmother comes, I always helped her to conceal the bruises. Maybe that's why I'm this good". She said.

  I looked at her face, and I could see the glistening tears rolling down her face.

  "What of your mother?" I asked her.

  "Gone. She died three years back". Ciara replied and I felt heartbroken for her. It felt like I lost my grandmother again.

I sighed and turned to Ciara "Is that why you're overly worried about my face?" I asked her.

Her tear filled eyes met mine and she nodded. I held her hands and tightened it a little.

"Ciara, I promise that I'm fine. I was just being careless this morning. I'll be more careful next time". I assured her once more, hoping she'd believe me.

  She nodded and wiped her tears with the back of her palm. "Yes, your highness". She replied.

Just then, the door bursted open and in came Mary. 

  "Princess, your interview is in fourty-five minutes. I do hope you're dres... Princess!"

"We're here Mary. Don't get yourself too worked up, her highness just needed a little make up". Ciara replied Mary before walking out the room.  

"Wait for me outside, Mary. I just need to wear my gown, then I'm good to go". I ordered Mary.

Mary didn't burge from her spot. She just stood there and stared at me.

"I'm glad you've found me as a new set of series to watch". I said and that seemed to do the trick.

"Oh my goodness! Princess, you look more gorgeous!" Mary complemented.

"Gorgeous? In a bathrobe?!"

"No your highness, not that, I mean, yes but no but like yeah, yes but-"

"I understand you Mary. Do leave the room so I can get dressed" I ordered her again, this time she obeyed but due to over staring, she hit her head on the door before finally closing the door behind her.

_______________________✍️

  "You're very welcome, your highness. Our sincere apologies that we didn't send people to greet you at the entrance. Do forgive us". Said the Manager, with his employees as they all gave a little bow.

I didn't reply them, I just walked into the waiting elevator and pressed the last floor number and before I knew it, I was on my way to the last floor of the building.

   On getting to the last floor of the building, there was an employee waiting to show me to the interview room.

"Good afternoon, your highness". He greeted. I only nodded and threw my bag at him. He was an employee, the least he could do was hold my bag for me.

"This way, your highness". He said, as he showed me the way to the room.

He opened the tainted glass doors for me and I walked into the interview room. A woman sitting on the arm chair, and her face seemed focused on her phone.

On the opposite side was a couch, where my husband sat down, his legs crossed and his body relaxed on the couch.

  I was surprised to see him but when he locked eyes with me, he didn't seem surprised at all, and there was not a single look of remorse on his face.

"Oh, welcome to our station, your highness. We're honoured at your presence". Said the anchor, standing up and giving me a little curtsy. I smiled and tried my best to be polite. I waved at her as I walked into the room. The camera crew were also there, they were all waving at me. I smiled and waved back as I walked towards my husband.

"Babe, you're here" said Dure, stretching forth his hand for me to take.

  I wanted to ignore him at all cost but it would raise people's suspicion if such a thing appears online and it could make him feel embarrassed, so I took his hand, still maintaining the plastic smile.

"Let's start in the next twenty seconds". Said the anchor, and I nodded. We all took our seats and I tried my best to sit far away from Dure as possible but he dragged me into him and made me rest my head on his shoulder. I tried to resist but then he whispered "People are watching us, Nora. Behave yourself and cooperate with me, let's act this together. My company depends on it".

  Those words were like salt that melted my angry heart. I stayed still and rested on his shoulder, while his arm wrapped round my waist.

"In five, four, three, two, one... We're live!"  Said the cameraman.

  "Good afternoon, fellow viewers. Welcome to Royal entertainment where we give you all sorts of  genuine information about the royal family. My name is Lindsay Rilwan and I'll be your anchor for this program.

On today's program, we have two distinguished guests in the house or should I say one, because they're married and are of one flesh according to the Bible, Haha. See what I did there?

In the house, we have one of the role models of this great nation and she's here with her spouse. It wasn't easy getting an interview with them but as they say, where there's a will, there will always be a way. Princess Eleanora Andrews and her Husband, Dure Henia are in the houussssssseeeeee!"

   "Smile" my husband whispered to me and I found myself obeying him.

  We waved at the cameras, Dure and I.

"Awww, such a lovely couple". The anchor cooed and we smiled.

"It's nice being here with you, even if it's just for thirty minutes. It's still time and for a businessman, time is also money". Said Dure and the anchor laughed. I also tried to fake laugh, so I wouldn't be the odd one out.

  "So, back to the reason we're here".  The anchor started, in a serious tone. I released myself from Dure's grip and sat up straight.

  "Princess Eleanora, the internet is growing wild after pictures of you and your ex, Ezra were captured kissing at the back of your grandmother's tomb. First of all, she's the Queen of this nation, kissing behind her tomb is disrespect to her and to we the citizens who respect her, secondly, you kissing your ex in such a secluded area, don't you think it would be abnormal if people didn't speculate?... I mean, you're married, so you being with your ex in such an area in the first place, isn't right. Then thirdly, people are taking your silence over such a big issue as you accepting such incident as the real thing that happened. That's why we called you here, Princess, Are all these just allegations against you?" The anchor asked.

  I smiled and adjusted myself on the chair. Whatever was going to come out of my mouth must be throughly filtered but at the same time, be the truth because I had nothing to hide in the first place.

"I understand how the nation felt when such pictures came up. And I clearly know how wrong it is for someone to be immoral at the back of someone's tomb...umm...first of all, I went to my grandmother's grave not because I wanted to meet up with my ex, but because I had a few things to say to my grandmother, I mean, her death was quite shocking to me and even till now I still can't believe she's gone, so because of that trauma, I never for once visited her grave until yesterday.

While I was talking to her, I heard someone behind the grave and I was curious. So I walked to the back of the grave only to find my Ex, sitting at the back of the grave and panting heavily. He was terribly injured and he was almost dead. He had some things to say to me but he couldn't even talk to tell me what it was. But he asked me as his final wish to kiss him. I kissed him on the forehead and buried him but was surprised to find a totally different story when I got home. It isn't actually nic-"

"So you're saying that everything that happened was a pure coincidence and it wasn't in any way planned?" The anchor asked me.

"Believe it or not, it wasn't planned in anyway".

"Mr Henia, what was your thought over everything that happened?... Were you in anyway jealous?" The anchor asked my husband who put his hand on my lap before he started talking.

"Well... At first, I was angry at the post. I already had a bad day and seeing the post just fueld my bad day. When I got home, I wanted to challenge her about it but I was too tired to even ask. I just showed it to her and she was like 'this are all lies, my love I'll never cheat on you', that kind of thing. I didn't say a word further and just left. But later on, I had a good thought about it, and for the past eight years that I and my wife have known each other, she has never for once cheated. Infact, she's the most transparent person I know. So that kind of dissipated the anger". He replied.

   "Wow, such strong bond. I'm glad you both met each other. You're making we the single ladies jealous". The anchor joked and we all faked laughters.

"So, ever since you got married, do you mind sharing any challenges you both had to go through?" The anchor asked.

I opened my mouth to talk but my husband squeezed my laps that I had to keep shut.

  "Not really. The only challenge I could think of is the death of her Royal majesty, Queen Tamara. Considering the fact that my wife had just visited her the day before, it was quite a shock to me and I knew that it would be a terrible shock for her too. I didn't even know how to tell her but I figured telling her was better than her hearing it on the news, so I just closed my eyes and told her and she didn't fail to disappoint me on her reaction" he replied.

  "You're right. The death of her Royal majesty was really shocking. How did you feel about it, Princess?"

I sighed heavily before looking up to answer them. "Well, I didn't believe it at first. It was really hard to take in... But... I believe that... Everything happens for our good...so I guess taking it in good faith should work...right?"

   "Yes, your highness, you're right. Taking it in good faith will work. Thank you so very much for joining us on this program. It's been a pleasure having you around.  We have come to the end of this program, dear viewers and I hope you've heard from the horse's mouth what had really taken place so please, no more Ill judgement of this lovely couple. Do have a nice day, see you in the next program" The anchor said, bringing the program to a close. As quickly as the interview started, it ended.

"And it's a wrap" said someone from the crew. 

"Thank you so much, your highness and take you so much, Duke, for taking your time to come and have a chat with us. It means a lot to us all". Said the anchor walking towards us and shaking our hands.

Dure helped me to stand up and held my hand firm. "You're welcome". He said on behalf of us both, then he walked towards the elevator and because of my hand which he was holding I had to tag along.

  "You don't need to follow us. I'll prefer I and my wife alone please" my husband told the workers there as the elevator closed and they all started 'woahing'. 

  Once the elevator was closed, I snatched my hand away from him.

"You're really a good actor, Dure. Who could have thought that you understood it was just a big misunderstanding but still decided to drag it till this morning". I said to him, resting my back on the walls of the elevator as I looked at the golden hair overflowing the back of his head and resting gracefully on his neck which has covered the collar of his shirt. His hair was well groomed and the golden colour was more conspicuous than ever.

He turned to look at me, his eyes suddenly looking so remorseful.  "You're still mad at me, aren't you?"   I looked away and ignored him.

    I felt his cold hands hold mine.
"Babe, I'm deeply sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, okay? Do forgive me". He said but I refused to answer him.

"Babe, do forgive me, we have just a matter of seconds before we get to the ground floor". He nudged me.

I sighed, then looked at him. " Don't ever doubt my love for you again". I told him.

He nodded. " Does that mean you've forgiven me?" He asked me.

"I've forgiven you long ago. My love for you won't allow me to keep a grudge". I replied him.

His face lit up on hearing that and he pulled me in for a deep kiss. That was when the elevator opened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.9K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
70.5K 1.4K 53
Kirill's past would come back full force and as his new bride, Mia is about to stumble upon his dark world and the immense pull it has on her. Kirill...
267K 2K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
1.6M 39.9K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...