Listen | Steve Rogers

By PatheticFckinfool

Have you ever had an idol as a child, only to grow and see they weren't the golden-hearted beautiful being yo... More

Introduction/Description.
Forced To Return.
Change.
Adjust.
Meeting.
Photoshoot.
Closer.
Awkward.
Ugly Cry.
Safer.
Mama.
Game Night.
Club.
Attacked.
Realized Feelings.
Eiffel Tower.
Just Breathtaking.
Tense.

Deserving.

167 8 2
By PatheticFckinfool

Chapter Eleven.

I started the scene after makeup, I sat on the set, it was dark and candlelit in the area, I could see the camera and everyone prepping while I sat with their pen in hand. They held the clapper up and I looked at them. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright, Talking scene, take one! Action!" He clapped it down and I looked down, now taking on the character I was supposed to be playing, I sighed.

"The war started 4 years ago today. Father was called out of retirement to become the Colonel of the military base we reside in, in Italy, training the young American men who will fight for our freedom from Nazi Germany. They all arrive tonight, at the new base, it's silent for now, but the rowdy men of America will not let it last. It pains me to be here away from home, but I would choose this over being in France with the man my father wishes me to mary, Mr. Francois." I tsked and closed the book, standing up.

"Cut! That was perfect. Now the none talking scene, we'll play back your narration so we know when to continue." The director said and I nodded, I sat down, moved the chair back on the markers, opened the book, and this time I would be writing it.

"Non-talking scene, Take one! Action!" He yelled, I heard my voice being as I started writing, making an expression of focus and as it came to the end of my sentence I again tsked and stood, this time carrying on the scene.

"I despise being here," I said as I reached over grabbed the candle and walked beside the bed. I heard a knock and turned, seeing the fake door open, and my character's father walked in, played by Donald Sutherland.

"You 'ought to be getting to bed young lady." He crossed his arms. "I had this place be made for you, so you better be grateful!" He laughed.

"I am Papa." I sat on the bed. "It's just dark and..."

"Not home? I know." He walked over and took the candle and placed it next to the bed, on the side table, I slid under the covers and he leaned over me and kissed my head. "But tomorrow we've got work to do." He leaned to the candle and blew it out.

"Cut!" The director yelled and I sat up getting out of the bed, I ran over to Steve who was watching before I could say anything he hummed.

"You're good at that." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I pushed my arms together. "So next is scene two, which is Robs, I should go change," I said and walked away, he followed closely, I ran cause it was kinda chilly due to it being fall. I ran up and into it and grabbed a robe in there, he laid on the couch and I walked over, moving and sitting on him, I grunted.

"Wow, you're getting bold." He said and I laughed.

"As are you, laying on my furniture." I giggled moving to lay on his chest, he chuckled and put his arm on my back. "You're a bed. So wide." I moved and my legs slipped around his hips, my hands moving along his shoulders, he looked up at me, I bit my lip and dropped myself onto him, making him grunt, I hid in his chest, feeling my chest tighten, I suddenly felt like my lungs shrivelled up, I patted his chest. "Up-" he helped me up and I started hyperventilating, I couldn't understand what caused this sudden panic that filled my body, his hands touching me, I turned to grab his wrists, pushing them away, he saw this, and his eyes read something, like a realization, but as I moved away he grabbed my wrists and pulled me to him, holding me to him.

"Breathe with me." He whispered and I took a breath as he did, I could hear his heartbeat, I closed my eyes, thinking of how different he was, Steve was so gentle, and caring, but I didn't deserve it, I don't deserve it.

"I don't deserve it-" I whispered through breaths, his fingers running through my hair.

"Deserve what?" He mumbled and I pulled away.

"This,- you are my bodyguard." I pushed him away.

"Why- yes I am, why are you pushing me away," he asked.

You're just a,-

"I'm- " I fell silent.

"Why are you acting like this.?" He asked and I dropped my head, I shouldn't have felt that sitting on him like that, it was wrong, I felt butterflies, nervous, it was wrong, makes me- no.

"What he said isn't true, Brad cannot control me anymore," I whispered, he moved so he could look at me.

"Is that what this is? Him? Do you feel like he's controlling your actions still?" He asked and I looked at him.

"I believe his words, but they were only an attempt of control," I said and he nodded.

"You're right." He said and I panted nodding.

"I'm right," I said and he smiled softly pulling me in for a hug again.

"I know your father has panic attacks but usually he has a cause, what happened?" He mumbled.

"No-nothing," I whispered shaking my head. He played with my hair and I bit my lip, gentle. "How- why are you so nice to me?" I whispered and he looked down at me.

"Because you deserve to have someone who cares." He whispered and I looked at him.

"You- care?" I mumbled.

"Of course-" Suddenly my phone went off, I looked around and saw it, I wiped my face grabbed it and opened it, and answered the call.

"Y/N, you have an email from Micky again. He wants you to do another shoot." Salena said and I nodded.

"Okay- yeah," I said and Steve put his hands on my shoulders, I teared up, he wrapped his arms around me, I moved into his body, I smiled stayed there.

"I'll schedule it for tomorrow." She said and I sighed.

"Okay," I said and hung up, before wrapping my arms around him.

"You look pretty like this."

"Like what?" I whispered and he smiled.

"Dressed all cozy, me holding you." He said and I listened. I'm pretty while he held me?

"I'm pretty?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, you are..." He whispered running his hands along with my hair, I dug into his chest.

The day went along and in the evening, we sat in my lab, the whole day we'd been out, I laid on the couch I had in there, my head in his lap.

"Can I measure you?" I asked and he looked at me nodding and smiling.

"Yeah, of course." He said and I jumped up and grabbed his hands pulling him up he followed me to my desk and I pulled out my measuring tape, I began with his shoulders, writing it all down, I moved to his waist and arms-length, I bit my lip and looked up at him as I dropped to my knees, I saw his cheeks pinken as I sat like that, measuring his legs when I heard the door open.

"I haven't seen you all day!" Dad yelled and silence ran through the air, I was frozen and slowly leaned to the side, looking from behind steve to see him frozen, eyes widened.

"Dad-" I quickly stood up. "This is not what it looks like, see!" I stepped away from Steve.

"I-" Steve struggled.

"I was measuring him for his suit! That I'm gonna make him!" I said and dad seemed to calm down slightly

"Okay-" dad mumbled and stood up straight. "Anyway, sweetheart, I was upset not to see you today." He said and I sighed and moved back to Steve.

"I know dad but I had shooting remember?" I asked and dropped to my knees again. "I didn't miss anything did I?" I asked.

"Except the team being annoying asking where you and Steve were... Nope!" He sighed and I measured steves legs, tapping him to spread them more.

"Really?"

"Yes, especially Bucky." He said and I looked over at him smiling.

"Bucky was asking?" I asked and dad nodded rolling his eyes, I stood up and saw Steve frowning.

"I'm gonna go now darling but it's good to know you're... Not doing provocative things with Cap." He said finger gunning me before turning and leaving, I hummed and turned, I felt Steve wrap his arms around me, I smiled and he just stood there holding me, I felt my cheeks heating up.

"You like bucky?" He whispered and I looked at him and smiled shrugging.

"I mean yeah, He's nice, he's super quiet though, but still so gentle," I said and leaned on him. "Why?" I asked.

"You smile every time someone mentions him." He said and I hummed.

"That's what damain said about you," I said and he went quiet. I turned and our faces met, he was bent down to hug me the way he was, and I bit my lip. I felt that feeling again, but I didn't move this time, I tried to stay calm as he stared at me. "Do you- do you wanna go to my office?" I whispered and he nodded slowly so I gently moved away, we walked out together and as we went into the elevator, it got called down so when it stopped I saw bucky waiting and he straightened seeing us. "Oh! Hey, buck-" I smiled and he chuckled and walked on. "Hey, steve can bucky come too? I need his measurements too." I said and Steve looked at me and huffed nodding. "You wanna come to my office Buck?" I asked and he looked at me and hummed.

"Are you sure-" he mumbled and I nodded.

"I wouldn't ask if I'm not." I giggled and he nodded softly.

"Then yeah, sure." He said and I smiled, Steve ushered me to the car and opened my door for me as bucky got in the back when Steve was the one who opened the door by using his access, bucky watched and hummed as we walked in when we walked into my office his eyes adverted up to the ceiling, showing the colours of the setting sun. that was why I loved this office. "It looks so cool in here," Bucky mumbled and I nodded, I pulled out my chair at my desk and input steves sizes, and then got up grabbing my measuring tape and grabbing bucky's arm.

"I'm gonna be up close and personal, so just tell me if you get uncomfortable," I said and he nodded, I started with his shoulders and moved to his arms, and he just watched me, I saw steve watching but then he moved over to the pile of my World War 2 memorabilia, and he pulls out a photo holding it up.

"Bucky look." He said and bucky tore his eyes away from me to his best friend, showing him a photo of them together on the field, Bucky looked confused. "Y/N's a history buff, so one of these floors of this building is a... historical restoration floor, did I say that right?" He asked and I nodded smiling.

"Yeah, you did," I said and he nodded.

"She has a few things about us, her grandfather and our team," Steve explained lifting a helmet and humming, before turning it around and seeing the A, his eyes went wide but didn't say anything, just slowly putting it down, I dropped to my knees suddenly and Bucky looked at me with wide eyes, I just ignored as I went to his hips and legs, I finished up and as I did, Bucky took a step back as I got up, walking away to put Buckys info into my computer as well. I looked at him as he moved over to steve, I started to make the layout prints with the help of Damain, I sucked on my lip bouncing my knee as they talked I heard my Damain through the computer.

"Ma'am your heart rate is rising at an abnormal rate." I looked at them seeing them not reacting, I hoped they hadn't heard.

"Yeah I know, I'm okay, just a little nervous," I said and he was silent, I leaned back and got up and walked to the couch and laid down on it. "You guys wanna do anything?" I asked and they looked at me, and then at each other. "I'm kinda bored," I said and they shrugged.

"Do what?" Steve came over to me, I sat up and he sat down, I flopped back down, my head landing on his lap he chuckled and Bucky sat in the chair across from us.

"so-" Suddenly a call rang through the building.

"Ma'am your father is calling."

"Ugh!" I rubbed my eyes, looking up. "Answer," I said and I heard my father's voice ring.

"Hun where are you?! We're having game night!"

"What the fuck is game night?" I asked and steve chuckled.

"It's a night where we all get together in the tower and play games," Steve said and I sat up.

"That's something to do, we'll be there!" I said and pulled steve up then bucky.

"I'll make your suits later, see you dad!" I said and walked out with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 1K 35
For a moment, just a moment, I thought my life would be normal. Though, when your older brother is an Avenger.. I guess that would never really be t...
55.7K 1.2K 45
Gracie Barnes thought she had it all, the loving brother, a great job and a best friend. The only thing missing was love. Her one true love was comp...
2.7K 259 31
Being a hidden science experiment is all I've ever knew. Everyday I wake up in excruciating pain. The life I know is nothing but pain and I wandered...
988K 26K 52
You are a genius, and when you get invited to one of Tony Stark's parties, your life changes forever. Growing up as an orphan (no, none of the Aveng...