Aikatsu Crescent! BRIGHTEST☆S...

By GrandPrintemps

When one lunar phase ends, another begins. Meet Kazami Usagi! An up and coming idol who along with her friend... More

「Phase 93」Believe☆Aikatsu!
「Phase 94」Like A Star Fragment
「Phase 95」Bubbling Feelings
「Phase 96」Clashing Hearts
「Phase 97」Mission: Get To Know
「Phase 98」Brilliant Star
「Phase 99」Beyond the Galaxy
「Phase 100」Into the Forest
「Phase 101」Primary Meteor Shower
「Phase 102」Vivid☆Smile
「Phase 103」Unique Charm
「Phase 104」 Poppin' Step ♪
「Phase 105」Forest Of Memories
「Phase 106」The Prism's Wish
「Phase 107」Solar Eclipse
「Phase 108」Stella
「Phase 109」Blossoming Love
「Phase 110」Runway to Stardom
「Phase 111」Golden Wings
「Phase 113」Vibrant Feelings
「Phase 114」A New Era
「Phase 115」Mint and Lilac
「Phase 116」The Rabbit on the Moon
「Phase 117」Illuminating Breeze
「Phase 118」A Divine Stage
「Phase 119」Unexpected Happiness
「Phase 120」Where I Belong
「Phase 121」Our Own Light
「Phase 122」Bubblegum Stage
「Phase 123」
「Phase 124」That Marionette, Now Freed
「Phase 125」The World I See
「Phase 126」Who I Am
「Phase 127」The Number One "Saki" In The World
「Phase 128」Surpassing Myself
「Phase 129」A Seedling In Christmas
「Phase 130」Song For You
「Phase 131」Together
「Phase 132」To the Ends of the Earth
「Phase 133」In Pursuit of Perfection
「Phase 134」Brand New World
「Phase 135」Redefine Yourself
「Phase 136」STARBOUND
「Phase 137」Even if my Wings Disappear
「Phase 138」So I'll Never Stop Believing
「Final Phase」To a Distant Rainbow

「Phase 112」Burn Bright, Superstar

31 2 0
By GrandPrintemps

"Have you heard?"

"Apparently the new student is really good at performing - apparently she can even rival Hanabusa-senpai!"

"I heard that too! Apparently, she has plans to change Aikatsu and our Academy's future. For real this time."

"Then... she'd be considered Rosebud Academy's secret weapon?"

"Something like that!"

"Rosebud Academy's secret weapon?" Sachiko asked, her arms crossed. Across her was her father, sitting at his desk.

"Somebody to pick up the mess you made."

"I fully bloomed, did I not? Was that not what you asked from me?"

"And in doing so, allowed countless other idols to bloom. Even allowing the daughter of Matsumoto to fully bloom - didn't you create the idol track with the intent of crushing Celestial? This idol wants to, and unlike you, will do so."

"I - I did, but-!"

"Shouldn't you be pleased by this news then? You can finally destroy them."

Sachiko slammed her hands down on the desk. "If you'd just listen to me-!"

"Sachiko."

Sachiko froze, her eyes wide.

She took a step back.

"...I understand," she whispered, her voice barely even audible, "I'm sorry."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"Kirakiratter won't shut up about this new idol," Saki said, scrolling through her social media feed. "She hasn't even debuted yet but she has so many fans already."

They were midway through their offtime and the five were in Asahina City, spending time with each other finally.

"She must have some sort of experience," Claire said, "But I don't recognise her name at all."

"Nobody does. She's a total nobody," Saki informed, "But Rosebud Academy has been promoting her debut performance just as much as they did with Hanabusa Sachiko's and 'nepotism isn't even a factor this time' according to someone on here - whatever that means."

Minori nodded, pretending to understand. "Is that where all the rumours came from?"

"I don't know. Somebody probably just made them up," Saki said, continuing to scroll through. She gave a small laugh. "This Roseseed person made an entire thread complaining."

"Does it explain anything?" Hikaru asked and Saki shrugged.

"It's long - you read it if you're interested."

"I wonder why people care so much about her," Minori said, "If she's a nobody."

"Might have paid someone to spread rumours," Claire said, "Which is a questionable tactic but if she can keep it under control..."

Usagi rested her head in her hands, thinking over everything that had been said. "What kind of rumours?"

"A lot of people think she could become the top idol, basically," Saki explained, "I don't entirely understand it but everyone in Rosebud Academy really cares."

"It's true."

The five turned to face this new voice, where Kanade was standing. She smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear. I hope you don't mind."

"We don't mind at all," Usagi said, "I didn't expect to see you here, Kanade-chan."

"I had a job nearby and I was hungry," Kanade explained, "Anyway, you're all right. Rosebud Academy's in an interesting position right now."

"What do you mean?" Claire asked.

"This new idol will be debuting at our school's stage and the headmaster is promoting her a lot. Last time that happened was with Hanabusa-senpai, who eventually became the top idol in Japan," Kanade explained, "And now people are saying she's going to change Aikatsu but I have no clue if that's true or not..."

"Change Aikatsu," Saki repeated, "That's interesting."

"But I like Aikatsu the way it is," Minori said, "Unless it's Snailkatsu, I don't want Aikatsu to change."

"Her debut performance is today, so at least we won't have to wait long until we find out," Kanade said. She paused, then her eyes lit up. "I'll be heading back to the academy in a few minutes. If you have nothing else to do, why don't you come with me?"

"We can?" Usagi asked, her expression lighting up.

Rosebud Academy. She'd heard so much about it - she was excited to finally see the place!

"Well, not exactly, but it's the weekend so as long as you don't wear a uniform you won't stand out too much. I see other Celestial Academy students here all the time, too."

"You do?"

Kanade nodded. "Even the Celestial Star. She's pretty noticeable yet they don't put in much effort to stop her from coming. Just don't draw too much attention to yourself until the performance."

Hikaru pursed her lips. "That sounds..."

"Fun," Minori said, "I've never been on a mission like this before! Sneaking around like the movies - I can't wait!"

"Wouldn't sneaking around only bring more attention to us?" Saki asked, "We'll just have to pretend to be - what's your name again?"

"Hibino Kanade."

"-Hibino-san's classmates. We'll have to act natural."

Claire smiled. "This should be interesting. But I must ask - why are you going through this effort?"

"Why not?"

Claire blushed, looking away."Sorry. It was a stupid question..."

"Huh? I-It wasn't!" Kanade spluttered, "I just thought, if she's going to change Aikatsu forever, that means Celestial Academy students will be affected too. So..."

"Thank you, Hibino-san," Saki said, "It'll help us. A lot."

Kanade smiled brightly. "I'll just talk to the driver then! I should be able to convince him, so just leave it to me."

She ran off towards the academy van, leaving the others to wait. Usagi grinned.

"I can't wait to see Rosebud Academy!"

"I wonder if it's as majestic as everyone says. Maybe I'll be able to finally unlock my powers of cute~."

"Mhm! It'd probably be amazing - right, Claire-chan?" Usagi turned to Claire. "...Claire-chan?"

Claire was hiding behind her hair, still blushing. "I hate talking to people."

Hikaru gave a nervous laugh. "I think I agree with you."

Kanade walked back to the five, doing a thumbs-up gesture.

"Are you ready, everyone?" Usagi asked, "Let's spend our offtime in Rosebud Academy!"

"Let's go!"

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"...They shut down the Research Group?"

Akira nodded. "With Project Floret complete, there's no need for it anymore," she explained, "That's what they said."

"What do they mean?" Sachiko protested, "There's still so much we don't know! Even if I've already fully bloomed, I'd at least like to know how I did..." Her voice trailed off into a lower volume. "I'd like to be able to help the next generation of idols bloom too..."

"Sachiko-chan..." Yui bit her lip. "You've already achieved your happily ever after. So, isn't it fine?"

"I know that. But - but something about her made me change my mind. I don't want it to end like this. Not when things were finally looking up."

Emi sighed, placing her hands behind her back. "All this changing Aikatsu stuff - I can't decide if it's dreamy cute or not."

"It's pretty interesting though, right?" Mirai asked, "We're living through a new era of Aikatsu!"

"I would agree but my father seems to approve of whatever this is."

Akira smiled bittersweetly. "If it's any comfort, they can't do anything too drastic without the approval of the Katsu Corporation."

"They're lenient. We easily managed to gain approval regarding ProFlo," Sachiko argued. She paused. "I hope they don't know. She's already been working so hard - I don't want her to stress about this too."

"Maybe she does know and maybe she's happy because it might be a good change," Yui suggested.

"I doubt they'd approve of some petty school rivalry thing," Emi agreed, "And changing Aikatsu forever isn't exactly an easy task. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Akiyama-san's performance will probably be filled with inspiring things," Mirai added.

Akira smiled. "I know it's difficult to not stress, but try to save it until at least the performance. The others are right - the research group didn't have much purpose anymore, anyway."

"But-!" Sachiko protested. She bit her lip.

"...I'm worried. I don't want her dream to be dashed already. I don't want everything we've all worked towards..."

"Aikatsu won't change overnight," Yui said, "Even if it does, something will work out."

"...I suppose. Thank you."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"It's so big in here...!" Usagi exclaimed, looking around Kanade's dorm. Much like the rest of Rosebud Academy, the room was mainly dark wood with rose pink and gold highlights. The bed was large and there was a vase of (presumably fake) roses sitting on Kanade's desk. Next to the vase were piles of neatly organised books, alongside a photo of Kanade and three other girls.

"It's a nice photo," Hikaru commented and Kanade giggled.

"These are my friends. They're a bit busy today but I hope you can all meet them someday."

"One bed," Minori noted, "You don't have a dormmate?"

"Here, we each have our own rooms - don't you?"

Minori pouted. "Lucky."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Saki shot back and Minori stuck her tongue out cutely.

"Well, it doesn't really matter much," Claire said, "But thank you for showing us your room, Hibino-san. It's very interesting."

"It's okay. Anyway, from here on out you'll have to pretend to be students here - basically, just try not to stand out too much."

"We'll do our best!" Usagi chirped, saluting. "Hey, my outfit isn't too obvious, is it?"

"I don't think so," Hikaru replied, "But..."

"It'll be fine - we're only first years after all," Kanade said, "We're not notable at all."

Usagi flinched.

Then, she nodded.

"Okay. We'll be in your care, Kanade-chan!"

So, the group set off.

"As you can see, basically everyone is in a panic," Kanade explained as the group walked through the halls, where students were continuing to spread rumours about this brand new idol. "Rosebud Academy's idol track hasn't been around for long, but the idols who attend are no joke. So for someone to make a claim like that and be supported by the headmaster is a big deal."

"So everyone believes everything being said?" Saki asked, a hand on her hip. Kanade nodded.

"We're the top school in the country. Of course revolutions in the fields we expert in would occur here."

"...Huh?" Usagi asked and Kanade chucked.

"What I mean is this kind of thing isn't too out of the ordinary."

"If it matters that much, I think I want to meet her!"

"Meet her?"

"This new idol must be cool, right? Where do you think she'd be?"

"Probably in a practise room," Kanade said. She did a closed-eye smile. "But she's probably busy, so I wouldn't disturb her. You don't even know her n-" She opened her eyes, quickly glancing around. "Usagi-chan?"

"She ran off in that direction," Saki said, pointing behind her.

"Already?"

"There's nothing we can do to stop ger, so let's just wait together, shall we?" Claire asked calmly and Hikaru gave a supportive smile.

"I'm a little worried too, but you can trust Usagi-chan."

"No matter how stupid her ideas are, she always finds a way in the end," Saki agreed.

"..." Kanade bit her tongue. "Okay. Let's wait then. I'm sure she'll come back soon, won't she?"

"Definitely," Minori said, "If not, then we can find her."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Usagi walked through the academy, slowly looking at her surroundings. She wasn't exactly sure where she was going but she didn't mind exactly, since the school was so big and pretty and fancy. It gave her a lot to look at and admire. It was all so much grander than the Celestial Academy she was so used to.

Well...

She...

Usagi pursed her lips, as she walked into a corridor with all sorts of doors lined up. She quickly glanced into them, watching others dressed in athletic outfits stretch and dance together.

"This must be it," She said quietly to herself, walking down the corridor and trying to figure out which one could possibly be this mysterious idol. She didn't have any idea what she would look like but just aura enough should be enough, right?

"Mysterious girl, mysterious girl..." she muttered, looking left and right and into the rooms to examine the idols inside.

Then, she froze.

Inside one of the rooms at the end, she saw a girl with dark hair in rose-style buns.

"H-Ha-Hanabusa Sachiko?!" she yelled. She slapped her hands over her mouth, turning pale as Sachiko turned around and glared at her.

The door opened.

"Kazami-san?"

"K-Ka-Kazumi-san?!" Usagi spluttered, shaking her head. "That's not me! Look at me! I'm a normal Rosebud Academy student who's never interacted with you or been scolded by you ever!"

Sachiko raised an eyebrow slightly. "I know the faces of every idol in Rosebud Academy - I approved them after all. Well-" she turned to a white-haired girl behind her. "-Most of them, at least."

"So you know?!" Usagi exclaimed, "Please don't kick me out! Well, I guess you can but please don't tell Kanade-chan off!"

"Luckily for you, you sneaking in is the least of my worries right now."

The white-haired girl smirked. "You have other worries?"

"You know exactly what I mean," Sachiko shot back.

"Do I?" She asked, placing a hand on her hip. She smiled at Usagi. "I'm Akiyama Akemi. A pleasure to meet you."

Akemi had tanned skin with sharp, amber eyes. Her hair was long and well kept, and tied in a ponytail with a star-shaped accessory. She wore an orange, flowy crop top and black leggings, along with orange trainers.

"Nice to meet you too," Usagi replied, "I'm Kazami Usagi, and I attend Celestial Academy."

"Celestial Academy, eh?" Akemi replied, "It's a shame. You're quite cute - I'm almost sad you attend such a school."

"Akiyama-san."

Akemi remained visibly unfazed. "You know, it's my goal to change Aikatsu forever."

"To change Aikatsu forever?" Usagi asked. Her eyes lit up. "I've heard so much about this - you're really going to?"

"She isn't."

"I am. Soon, Aikatsu will change - performances become more exciting and brilliant," Akemi explained.

"Really?!"

"No."

"Yes!"

"Hanabusa-senpai, don't you think it sounds cool?!"

Sachiko sighed, crossing her arms. "I can almost guarantee it's not as cool as she's making it sound."

"Didn't you want to change Aikatsu yourself, Hanabusa-san?" Akemi asked, "Only to back out at the last second - I don't blame your shame, but that's no reason to put down your fellow idols."

"What do you mean, I backed out?" Sachiko asked, "I did change Aikatsu, more than you ever will!" She paused, taking a deep breath. She straightened her posture, smirked and held her hand out, closing her eyes. "How cute. A brand new idol who thinks she can easily rise to fame and change Aikatsu. You don't know anything about the system; you won't make it far."

"I know nothing about the system? How presumptuous." Her expression changed to a... darker expression. "I know more about the system than you ever will."

"...Who exactly are you?"

"Someone sent to save Aikatsu," Akemi explained, "Something who will do what you never did."

Sachiko furrowed her eyebrows and looked down. "You won't."

"And you'll stop me?"

"...This conversation is going in circles. I have other matters to attend to." She quickly shot a smile at Usagi then left. Usagi's eyes widened.

"...Doesn't she hate me?" She quietly asked and Akemi smiled.

"Hanabusa-san... she's quite interesting. And worrying for nothing." She placed her hand on Usagi's shoulder. "Would you like to see Aikatsu change?"

"What do you mean?" Usagi asked, looking up at the mysterious idol.

"Imagine an Aikatsu where the brightest stars shine even brighter. Performances become more heart-pounding and exciting and top idols fully reach their potential," Akemi explained? "Doesn't that sound nice?"

"More exciting?" Usagi thought back to all of the performances she had seen and all of the times her heart had raced whilst watching them. If those performances were even better...

...

...

"...I... don't think I'll be able to do anything like that..."

"You can. You'd just have to listen to my advice - I've studied the system to extensive lengths. I know how you can reach your potential."

"You do?!"

"Maybe I'll tell you one day," Akemi said, "Once the new era of Aikatsu begins, I'll help you out. I can only hope one day Hanabusa-san will realise."

Usagi's eyes shone. "Can you help my friends shine too?! They can shine much brighter than me!"

"If that's the case, then naturally." Akemi smiled confidently. "I'll help the brightest stars shine even brighter."

"Mhm! I can't wait!"

"As I'm sure you know, I have a performance later today. I hope you'll be able to go."

"Of course I will!" Usagi exclaimed, bouncing on her toes. "You're super cool, Akiyama-senpai!"

"Usagi-chan!"

Usagi turned back to the door, where the other five were waiting. She grinned and turned back to Akemi.

"I'm gonna go now - good luck!"

"I'm sure I'll see you around~."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"Welcome to Rosebud Academy, everyone!" A second-year student yelled, "Here, the idol who'll supposedly change Aikatsu forever will make her grand debut! Please welcome to the stage: Akiyama Akemi!"

Backstage, Akemi held her cards. The Glitter Spade Coord, a rare coord from Star Devil.

"Let's set the stage for my victory," she said to herself.

"Akiyama Akemi, the world is my stage!"

Light up the stage

Take the runway

Akemi's aura almost instantly appeared, covering the stage. She was surrounded by an orange glow along with a phoenix, stars and feathers. Her voice was incredibly strong and her dance moves were powerful.

Become the superstar you are

I'll shine so bright

The brightest star

Just watch me ☆

Be glamorous

A one time chance

Set the crowd's heart on fire

It's part of you

The desire to

Become a new legend

She performed her special appeal: Sexy Live.

Oh woah~

Don't underestimate me

I may be cute but I'm lethal

We're rivals, aren't we?

Let's set the stage on fire

Let's create an inferno...

Just dreaming?

That's not enough

You have to be a natural star

She performed Devil Style.

Just believing?

What a cute try

I'll be the brightest star

I'll burn like the sun

I'll create an inferno

Without even trying

Usagi placed her hand on her heart once again.

It was racing.

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

"Good work today," a girl with short red hair said. She had pale skin with freckles, along with light blue eyes. She wore the Rosebud Academy uniform.

Akemi smiled as she walked backstage, approaching the student. "Thank you, Izumi. It's exciting, isn't it?"

Izumi pushed her hair out of her face. "You're really going to do it?"

"Why would I stop now? The performance was thankfully a success." She smiled ominously.

"It's already begun."

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

A/N: Akemi time

s3 is heating up~

Thank you for reading! Sorry this is a day late I was really tired last night lol

─── 。゚☽: * .♤. * :☾ ° . ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 4.2K 28
A collection of Haikyuu!! boys x reader oneshots, scenarios, & soulmate AUs! [CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED] [mostly x female readers, but some stories can...
6.1K 404 45
Amamiya Mai is a normal teenage girl, who lives in a small town located in Japan. One day, she runs into an idol performing on the streets, who tells...
9.7K 529 23
Book 2 of Phoenix Series *Can read as a stand alone book but for best reading experience please read Firebird first!* *Complete* Alpha Aizawa x Omeg...
159K 4.9K 47
Suzume grew up playing volleyball with her brother. She was right-handed, but after being so inspired by her brother, she was determined to make her...