THIS SIDE THAT SIDE

Por Magicalpenner

What if you get a chance to add colours of happiness to your most favourite fictional character? Sunaina belo... Más

My Hero Arjun
Trapped
Celebrating Destiny
Partial Revelation
Your Eyes Tell
Calm in the Wilderness
FRIENEMY
Unsealed Wounds
The Challenge
The Confrontation
Chanced Encounter?
Forever
Author's note
Shards of Doubt
Ray of Light
Hold Onto Me
Beating Hearts
Lost in You
Stay... Please
Longing in my dream
Is it true?
Vows and Trust
Rain or Tears?
Truth and Reasoning
You are my Saviour
Wish Upon a Star
Valentine's day Special: Promise
VDay Special pt2 and special announcement: Closer
High Time
Light to your Birth
Disappearance
Identity
Accusations
End of your demise
Happy Ending?
Tied to You
Your Bride to be
Colored in your Color
Farewell my beloved
Finale: My Paradise

A Reality Hard to Define

58 17 3
Por Magicalpenner

"Is it really the beginning of a new dream?"
She pressed her forehead with her thumb as she saw her computer type these words on its own.

"No! No! No! Stop it already!" She shouted at her computer. She tried clicking on her backspace key but it was of no use. The story will no more listen to her. She banged her head a lot of times and tried to find out the solution to this problem. But nothing seems to work.

It all began when she started writing the sequel of her book, 'Waking up with you.' This time, she wanted to start the life of a new character- Atish and Arushi. She was determined that she wanted to have a mature approach and not get into the same falling in love with the cold CEO type story. Her book, 'waking up with you' has bought her immense fame at the age of 21. Her best friend Sunaina was always hooked in this book of hers but she never knew that her own soul sister, Ms Preeti Chaturvedi was the one writing this book under the pen name of Ayu. Her family never really supported her writing career and looked down upon her dreams of being a writer altogether. She had a loving family of four. Her father, her mother, her sister and she. She was always by their side and doing everything to keep them happy. She was responsible for making lunch and dinner for them and she also helped her father with his office chores. she meticulously juggled her college life and home chores without even flinching for one second. Despite her book winning the best seller, she refused every magazine to give an interview of hers. Reason? She didn't want her identity to be exposed. Ayu was her secret persona and she had no intention of making Ayu public. Life wasn't all sunshine for her. She had her own share of break ups and the recent one literally made her question herself. Often wondering if it mattered to her if she suddenly disappeared. Well...anyone except Sunaina. She knew how badly she was attached to her and vice versa. It wasn't very long since they met but it seemed to others that they were childhood buddies. She smiled to herself remembering how Sunaina used to shine the moment she started to talk about the character Arjun from this book. I knew she wished to get herself a life partner like Arjun. She often felt guilty that she hid this truth from Sunaina but she knew it was for the best for both of them. But something happened on the day she finished her first chapter.

It was 3 AM when Preeti finally was done with the draft of her first chapter for the sequel of her book. She went in the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee. She saw her parents sleeping soundly. Her elder sister was married off years ago and now she lives with her husband. She often goes to stay with them and that's when she has her own share of freedom other than when she is with Sunaina. Reminiscing the old days when all four them were happy and not sullen at each other brought tears to her eyes. She made herself a cup of coffee and decided to return to her desk when she realised that the clock was showing that it's still 3 AM.

"That's strange. Didn't the clock strike at 3 when I went out to get myself a cup of coffee?" She went closer to the clock only to realise that the second's hand is not working.

"The batteries must have worn out." She thought to herself. She checked her phone to see the correct time but she was again shocked. It was 3 AM there as well. Now she was getting worried. She turned towards her computer where she finished her first chapter. To her shock, the backspace key was running automatically and the whole chapter was deleted. She tried typing again but it was no use. The word document was blank again. Everything was silent when suddenly, she saw something typing again. A heading?

'MY HERO ARJUN'?????

Preeti cannot believe her eyes. What is happening? It seems that the story now has a plot of its own. She was now getting a hang of what's going on around her. In order to be sure, she checked her phone again. It displays '3:00 AM'. She was sure now that the time has stopped somehow. But why? She decided to read the story.

"To Sunaina, that seemed.... pretty amazing." Her eyeballs would come out of her socket anytime now. Did she read her best friend's name? Not only that, the descriptions matches with her as well. What's happening?!? She decided to call Sunaina right away. To her horror, it seemed that her phone was now useless. She was sure now that it was her Sunaina! She was inside her story! But why? What is the universe planning?

She sat there motionless now. She doesn't know how many hours have passed but it seems like forever. She analysed the whole situation while her computer was creating new chapters on its own accord. She realised that maybe somehow Sunaina has been dragged in this story. Not only that, she is the female lead in it now and Arjun is the male lead. How on earth is it possible? She didn't know. She remembered a few days ago, she felt someone's presence in her work room. She saw a shadow passing on the day she ended her first book. Does that person have something to do with this? But I have to tell this to Sunaina somehow. Probably the time here has stopped because she is now in a different reality. She returned her gaze to her computer screen. It's currently in its third chapter. So Sunaina is invited to their reception. I need to do something and tell her about the situation. From the chapters, it did seem like Sunaina was stuck here. My best friend is stuck here. I have got to help her. After I saw that the third chapter has come to an end, I started to beg to the lord to give me a way so that I can communicate with her.

"Please please please dear lord. She needs to know. Give me a way." Suddenly I saw a text on another blank word file. 'Enter your words...' hmm? Is it allowing me communicate with her? It seems that it has a mind of its own. But I have no time to think about it. I immediately sat on the computer and started writing the next chapter. I tried giving it a title but it seemed useless. I sighed and wrote the following words.

'Sunaina found a typed note on her dressing table. She looked all over to find the source of it but found none around her. She took the note in her hand. The front of the note said, 'Please read it's urgent!'
She opened the note in a hurry and read it at once.

"Dear Sunaina,

I don't know how but somehow you have been trapped in my book. While you are here, the time in our world has stopped. I am stuck in this paused time frame. Please find the reason immediately. I am no more in control of my story.

Yours,
The Author Ayu."

Writing this, she slumped back to her chair. She can no more write rather she is not permitted to write anymore. She saw how the computer edited her words again. This time, it added Sunaina's expressions as well. Preeti smiled bitterly. If only it listened to her!

Sunaina's POV

I couldn't forget what happened just a few minutes ago. I can just drown in water and die because of shame. I decided to keep my distance from Arjun today. But...he never seemed that cold in the story but then why now? I recalled the two encounters that we had and somehow he seemed intimidating. Was it all my imagination? Snapping out of these thoughts, I changed into the peacock blue colored saree that was finished with a silver bolder.

"Ma'am! I haven't even done your make up and yet you look so beautiful!" I gave her a small smile. This reminded her of her best friend Preeti. Whenever we both had our dates, she made sure that I looked pretty. From kajal (kohl) to lipstick, she had it all. She usually transformed me into a fairy who belonged to some other fairy land. I felt beautiful today to be honest. Tonight when I am being complimented so much by someone else, I felt very happy and giddy. But sadly I have no one to share this happiness with. If only I could share this happiness with Preeti. Nandini excused herself from the room to get herself a perfume. I started looking around here and there nonchalantly when suddenly, my eyes caught the sight of a note. I  looked all over the room to find the source of it but found none around. I took the note in my hands. It seemed to be a plain note. The paper didn't seem nothing out of the ordinary. The front of the note said, 'Please read it's urgent!'
Without fretting over it much, I  opened the note in a hurry and read it at once. It says,

"Dear Sunaina,

I don't know how but somehow you have been trapped in my book. While you are here, the time in our world has stopped. I am stuck in this paused time frame. Please find the reason immediately. I am no more in control of my story.

Yours,
The Author Ayu"

My head was now reeling badly. Ayu? The author of Waking up with you? So it's true! I am indeed trapped here. How should I find the reason? I wanna go home! Wait did she say she is trapped too? Wait!!! She said the time has stopped in my world.

IN HUMAN WORLD THE TIME HAS STOPPED??

For real? There are so many things I don't understand. Maybe tonight I will get all the answers as to why I am trapped here...

Hey guys!!!
I am so happy to tell you that the ranks of This Side That Side is slowly getting a good rank. Currently at #348 in worlds category. I know the story might seem so confusing now but I will make sure all mysteries are solved one by one. Give this story a chance and you won't regret it.

Thank you for encouraging budding writers like us. Your views matter a lot.

Just to inform you all that I have edited the previous chapter a little bit due to some issues. Do go through it once again.

Happy reading!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

42K 1.7K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...
7.7K 980 34
"I told you , I didn't kill her." "Don't lie to me Aaru . I have been informed that you pushed Mrinalini." He roared. "'Rajan' , I am telling you the...
147K 6.4K 40
#1 in husbandandwife 2020 #1 in September 2019 #8 in kindness (12/09/19) Inaya was a girl full of life and always desire to become a successful perso...
97.5K 4K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...