Something Great (Ziam AU)

By megz1985

Zayn is your average 21 year old waiter. Liam is an above average 21 year old popstar. When Zayn enters a con... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety One
Chapter Ninety Two
Chapter Ninety Three
Chapter Ninety Four
Chapter Ninety Five
Chapter Ninety Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety Eight
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Chapter Eighty

8.9K 307 100
By megz1985

Chapter Eighty – Liam

Liam's sleeping, or he was until he was woken up by the loud banging and sound of Louis yelling at him to open his front door, he would really, but Zayn is still completely asleep and draped on top of him, which makes it difficult. There's also the fact that he knows Louis has a key, so he can let himself in, and he will once he gets tired of banging, so Liam is really in no hurry to move. Zayn stirs, mumbling slightly in his sleep, “'s'just Lou lovely, go back to sleep” Liam coos carding his fingers through Zayn's messy hair, it's been just over a week since he left the hospital and Liam knows he'll have to go back to work soon, but he really doesn't want to leave Zayn again, so he's putting it off as long as he can. A minute later Louis comes storming into the bedroom, “I know you heard me” he growls, once he sees Liam awake, Liam smirks at him and nods, “and I know you have a key” he retorts, making Louis glare, “I also have news, that you and Zaynie-boy will want to hear, so wake him up and meet me in the living room” Louis says, before leaving as quickly as he came. Liam's not sure what the news could be, but he's pretty sure it probably has to do with Eleanor and the accident, so he gently shakes Zayn's shoulder to wake him. He's careful not to jostle him too much, as he knows the poor boy's ribs are broken. Zayn groans and swats at Liam's hand, which makes him chuckle, “Louis has something to tell us, you need to wake up” Liam murmurs, pressing a kiss to Zayn's forehead. Zayn's eyes blink open at this and he sits up slowly, wincing in pain as he does, Liam frowns and reaches for the bottle of pain pills, he left on his own bedside table the night before, handing Zayn two and a cup of water.

It takes ten minutes, but Liam is walking into his living room Zayn following slowly behind on his crutches, to find Louis, and another man, who Liam can only assume is Tanner. He eyes the stranger curiously for a moment, until he feels Zayn burrowing into his back, obviously not impressed he wasn't warned there was a stranger in the apartment, but to be fair Liam hadn't known either. Liam clears his throat, “um, Louis, who's your friend?” he asks, as politely as he can this time of the morning, Louis goes to speak but the stranger beats him to it, “sorry, I'm Tanner” he introduces himself, sticking his hand out to Liam, Liam shakes his hand slowly, and smiles, “I'm Liam, and this is Zayn” he says slowly. Tanner grins, “I know who you are, and I have some news you're either going to like or not, depending on how you look at it” he explains. Liam frowns but tugs Zayn out from behind him so they can have a seat on the couch Louis and Tanner aren't occupying. “Zayn, I'm sorry about your...accident for lack of a better word” Tanner starts, Liam grins as Zayn just shrugs, in response and leans into Liam's side a little more. “As you both know, I've been tracking Eleanor, and listening to most of her phone conversations. Until recently there has been little mention of either of you and absolutely none of the incident” Tanner explains further, Liam resists the urge to roll his eyes, because this is all stuff he knows, when Louis stormed into the apartment this morning he was expecting something more, something bigger. Louis chuckles, “I know that look Liam, he's getting to it” he teases and Liam makes a face at him.

Tanner chuckles and pulls some papers out of a bag at his feet, passing them over to Liam, “this is Lance, he's the guy she mentioned the van to, a couple days ago. It took a while but we found him” Tanner explains as Liam examines the picture he's been given. Zayn peeks at it for a second before shaking his head and burrowing back into Liam. Tanner takes the papers back, “what does this all mean?” Liam asks, as he does, Tanner sighs, “not as much as I want it to, but I do know that Lance was driving the van, and Eleanor paid him to do it” he explains. Liam can't help it a smile stretches across his face, “you mean she said something?” he asks, Louis nods excitedly and Zayn pulls himself upright a little more, as Tanner nods slowly. “Yes, but she called him Zack” Tanner says, gesturing at Zayn, Liam feels himself deflating, because Eleanor's inability to remember Zayn's name, may be the reason she gets away with this, and he's not happy about it. “She thinks that's my name” Zayn mumbles and Tanner nods, “don't get too upset guys, it complicates things, but doesn't make them impossible” he says, Liam nods and Zayn chews on his lip, “is that all?” Liam asks slowly. Tanner nods his head and Louis shrugs, “we're not giving up though, we'll get her” Tanner adds. Liam nods and stands up to shake Tanner's hand again, “thank you” he murmurs, “it's my pleasure” Tanner responds before gesturing to Louis that he's leaving and making his way out of the apartment.

Once he hears the door close again, Liam turns to Louis who is sitting on the couch smirking, Liam rolls his eyes and turns his attention to Zayn who is currently alternating between chewing on his lip and his thumb. Liam rests a hand on Zayn's thigh, “you alright, Love?” he asks slowly, Zayn nods, but doesn't stop chewing on his thumb, Liam sighs and wraps him in a hug, “we'll figure this out, promise” he murmurs pressing sweet kisses down Zayn's jaw, grinning when his boyfriend shivers slightly. Louis clearing his throat makes Liam pull away, “you need something Lou?” he asks politely, although all he wants is to be alone with Zayn again, Louis grins, “unfortunately yes. I've been in contact with management, and while they are understanding of this whole situation they want you to be back on the road. They're giving you another two weeks. Then the tour picks up again, Jason is making the announcement today” he explains apologetically. Liam groans and flops back against the couch, he knew this was coming, expected it sooner if he's being honest, but he doesn't want to leave Zayn, not yet, not when his boy is still fragile, and needs crutches to get around. Zayn coming on the tour with him would make Liam feel best, but he has a feeling the slightly older boy won't be up for the tour, knows deep down that Zayn's going to choose to stay home. “Sorry, Li” Louis murmurs, standing up, “I'll get out of your hair. See you guys later” he adds before disappearing, Liam hears the door open and close again a moment later.

Liam turns to Zayn, who is staring into space, his gaze unfocused as he chews on his thumb again, Liam furrows his eyebrows, “Zayn?” he asks gently, and Zayn swings his head to face him, slowly. “What are you thinking about?” Liam asks and Zayn shrugs, “Eleanor, you, tour, my stupid, broken leg” he mumbles, Liam nods slowly, “can you tell me a little more?” he asks, gently. Zayn sighs and burrows himself into Liam a little, which Liam happily allows, “I just can't stop thinking about how Eleanor hated me enough to get me run over by a van, and I just hope whatever Tanner is planning works” Zayn starts, pressing his face into Liam's chest a little. Liam nods and drops a kiss to his head, waiting for Zayn to continue, “then I keep thinking about you and how I don't want to be away from you. I don't want you to go back on tour, I know it's selfish of me, but I want to keep you all to myself” Zayn adds, looking up at Liam. Liam bites his lip, “then come with me?” he murmurs, but Zayn's shaking his head, before Liam even finishes his thought, he expected it, honestly, but he doesn't have to like it. “I just don't think I can Li, I'm in too much pain, I can't really fly like this, plus I need to get to work on some new artwork and get it to Astrid” Zayn sighs. Liam pouts but nods and wraps his arms around Zayn tightly, but mindful of his injuries, Zayn lets out a content noise and burrows into Liam, “I understand all that baby, but I want to hire you security, when I leave, how does that sound?” Liam asks. Zayn pulls out of his chest to frown at him, and Liam chuckles carding a hand through Zayn's hair, “just until everything with You Know Who is sorted out, I just need you to be safe” he mumbles. Zayn nods slowly after that, and Liam grins, “good, now what do you want to do today?” Liam asks, effectively changing the subject.

They've been watching movies since Louis left, Zayn burrowed into Liam's side cocooned into a blanket, his head resting on his chest, Liam smiles down at him, and gently moves some of the hair off his still slightly bruised face. Zayn scrunches up his nose at that and moves his gaze away from the TV to look up at Liam, “sorry, Love. You hungry, it's after lunchtime” Liam murmurs, before leaning down to kiss Zayn's lips. Zayn kisses back, before biting his lip as they pull away and nodding. Liam grins and moves to get up but Zayn pouts and makes grabby hands at him, Liam chuckles but shakes his head, “you stay here, keep watching Spiderman, and I'll go make lunch” he says, dropping a kiss to Zayn's head. Zayn huffs and pouts but nods slowly, and Liam only looks back at his boy twice while he walks to the kitchen. Liam's pulling out ingredients when his phone buzzes in his pocket, he sets the cheese down on the counter to pull it out, seeing he has a text from Zayn, he shakes his head fondly as he opens it to read it over.
From Zaynie: I love you, just thought you should know
Liam chuckles, stepping backwards out of the kitchen to shake his head at Zayn, who's grinning at him, phone in hand, from the couch, “I love you too, you dork” Liam teases, before stepping back into the kitchen and filling a pot with water, setting it on the stove and turning it on.

Zayn's humming as he eats and Liam is pretty sure it's the cutest thing he's ever seen in his life, he's taking distracted bites of his own meal, as he watches Zayn eating his. “This is soo good Li, oh my God” Zayn mumbles around a mouthful, Liam chuckles, “it's just macaroni and cheese, Love” he laughs. Zayn shrugs, “yea, but I've never had it like this before” he mumbles Liam grins, “it's my mum's recipe, I'll have to tell her you approve” he teases. Zayn bites his lip, and Liam still finds it the most incredibly attractive thing Zayn does, ever, “why have you never made me this before?” Zayn asks, eyes staring at Liam, as he takes another large bite of his lunch, Liam shrugs, “never had the chance, Babe” he answers, taking a bite of his own. Zayn nods, and scoops a few more mouthfuls up, before he sets his fork down beside his bowl and reaches a hand out for Liam. Liam chuckles, and wonders for a moment what Zayn's up to, but reaches his own hand towards him, Zayn grins and laces their fingers together, before he picks his fork back up and continues to practically inhale the macaroni Liam had made. Liam watches him for a few more seconds, unable to keep the fond smile off his face, and thinks again about how glad he is that Zayn's ok, that he woke up, all in one piece (for the most part).
_____________________________________________________________________________
A/N: I figured everyone could use an update right now. 
So I really don't know what to say about the whole Zayn leaving situation. It sucks, but Zayn's doing what he feels is right for him, and I really just hope he's ok in the end of all this. I know this is hard, for us too and I can't imagine how Louis, Liam, Niall, and Harry are feeling right now. But I do know if any of you feel like you need to talk I'm here, drop me a message, leave a coment anything, I love you all and want everyone to be ok. In the words of HIgh School Musical we're all in this together.
Zayn will still feature in my writing...I don't care, he's a part of this, always will be. In fact I accidentally (on purpose) started another Ziam story a week ago, and I may start posting it soon.
As always I love you guys, thanks for reading...if you leave comments I'll love you even more
xoxo  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4K 14
Liam is your average 17 year old boy. Well not really. He loves flower crowns and is about as Innocent as a 5 year old. That is until he meets a very...
39.2K 1.2K 16
***COMPLETED!*** Liam is a kitten hybrid. His mother had to abandon him because the money as food was scarce and they couldn't afford another child...
123K 5.4K 46
Liam is a football ( Soccer) Legend and Zayn is a profound artist all over the world © Copyright2015- 2017. All rights reserved. This material may...
36.7K 1K 26
Amy is a regular 20 year old girl. She works in a library, lives with her two best friends, and has a loving family. She has a secret love of singing...