Irreplaceable

By aimlesssorrows

[BOOK 2] [ONGOING] ❝if you were to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?❞ five years ago she was a... More

introduction
.•°•.•°•.•°•.
prologue | recap
chapter 1 | illusion
chapter 2 | carousel
chapter 3 | business
chapter 4 | italy
chapter 5 | explore
chapter 6 | reunited
chapter 7 | treehouse
chapter 8 | quiet
chapter 9 | dead
chapter 10 | secrets
chapter 11 | therapy
chapter 12 | tension
chapter 13 | dinner
chapter 14 | target
chapter 15 | flashback
chapter 16 | cheater
chapter 17 | rain
chapter 18 | attack
chapter 19 | gunshots
chapter 20 | car
chapter 21 | emotions
chapter 22 | anger
chapter 23 | sunlight
chapter 24 | concert
chapter 25 | accept
chapter 26 | unity
chapter 27 | cardigan
chapter 28 | investors
chapter 29 | evidence
chapter 30 | studio
chapter 31 | photoshoot
chapter 32 | hope
chapter 34 | time
chapter 35 | bond
chapter 36 | collusion
chapter 37 | identity
chapter 38 | temptation
chapter 39 | ring
chapter 40 | jealousy
chapter 41 | marked
chapter 42 | possessive
chapter 43 | lies
chapter 44 | breathe
chapter 45 | reality
chapter 46 | assassin
chapter 47 | you
chapter 48 | realization

chapter 33 | believe

32.5K 835 1.1K
By aimlesssorrows

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

My lips connected with his as fireflies erupted in my stomach. His lips perfectly molded with mine causing shivers to go down my spine. He put his hands around my hips drawing me closer towards him as I put my hands in his hair. He cupped my ass just as the gunshots went off.

Chase immediately pushed me into the flowers. I stumbled over from my dress and fell down on the dirt-filled ground with Chase towering over me. I groaned and he murmured, "I'm sorry."

The gunshots didn't stop going off as the ruckus became more prominent. Everyone was screaming, yelling, and crying. I looked into the gray eyes that were looking at me.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked, skeptically.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I was used to the sound of gunshots that my body didn't even flinch when I heard them. "Not around you," I replied.

His eyes flickered with some emotion but quickly vanished as his head turned to our side. He looked around as he got up and pulled out his gun from his pant. "What's going on?" I played dumb.

I needed to get away from Chase to gain information but I know he wouldn't leave me alone. I got up from the ground as I purposely moved the flowers trying to make it noticeable that we are in the flower field. Chase immediately ducked me down, "Stay down."

Gunshots flew in our direction causing him to get distracted. He shot back and I slowly took out the sharp pocket knife from my arm sleeve. I used the knife to create a slit down my dress therefore I have easier access to my gun.

"Where's the security?" I questioned. The dress was slit open, showing my bare left leg and the strap to my gun.

"Not doing their fucking job." He yelled, he ducked down as I put my hand in a fist to hide the knife. He took my other hand in his before dragging me through the flowers. My heels were long forgotten in the field and my dress was all dirty.

Once we reached the end of the flower field, we saw that most of the people had already escaped but some of them were on the ground, shot.

The whole area where the party was held looked like a complete disaster. I saw the people who were shooting with black masks on their faces.

"Go in the gray car. The driver will take you home, safely." He looked at me before looking back at the people shooting.

"Are you coming?"

"No." He glanced back at me.

"Why not?"

He ran a hand in his hair in frustration, "Can you not be stubborn for once?"

"I'm not leaving you alone," I stated.

"Are you trying to get killed?" He shouted.

"I won't," I yelled back.

"How do you know?" He questioned.

We were in the flower field arguing with each other as the gunshots went off but neither one of us cared about the gunshots going off.

"Believe me."

"I'm not taking any chances. Get your ass in the car right now." He firmly stated.

"Chase, how many times do you want me to repeat myself?"

"Firefly, can you please listen to me?" He put his hands on my hips. I looked to the side to see one of the attackers coming our way. I left my arms hanging to my side as I slowly let one hand trail down my dress. I pulled out my silencer gun from the slit I made with the pocket knife. I took the gun in my grip before pointing it to the person behind Chase.

"No, I can't." I looked at Chase as I shot. The bullet hit his chest.

"Please." He pleaded.

I sighed, "Okay."

Nothing was going on as planned. I brought the hand that was holding the gun behind my back. "Gray car." I nodded.

I turned around as I brought the hand that was behind me in front of me. Chase started shooting again and the gunshots weren't shooting in my direction. Only towards his direction.

I quickly ran out of sight into the other field of flowers before letting anyone notice. I shot one of the people who were shooting towards Chase. Another person with an all-black attire was searching through the flower field. I put my leg out to trip him and he fell. I kicked him from the side before dragging my knife down his back. Blood spurs out as he tried to get up. I took ahold of his neck and held him down before squatting down, "Who do you work for?"

"L-let me go."

"Answer my fucking question." I put more pressure around his neck causing him to choke.

"I c-can't." I didn't have time, therefore, I used the pocket knife to stab him in the neck. I got up and saw blood covering my whole dress.

"God fucking damnit." I groaned to myself. I got up and kicked the person behind me, waiting to attack. "Nice to meet you." I greeted as I turned around to see his stumbling figure. I used my gun to shoot his leg, making him fall over in pain.

I went towards him and pulled up his mask that was covering his face. "Who are you working for?" I questioned.

His eyes were closed shut as he yelled in pain and I used the knife in my hand to dig deeper into his skin on his chest. "Answer me."

"I will let you go if you answer." He couldn't speak as sweat dripped down his forehead and blood covered my arm sleeve.

"Ru—," He started. "Russians." He mouthed just before I stabbed him to death.

I got up from my squatting position as my thoughts started pondering in my head. Didn't Chase kill all the Russians? In the video file, he had all the evidence that showed he killed all of them.

Was Chase lying?

Did he lie about the whole thing and make up a false narrative?

Realization slapped me in the face.

I'm a fucking fool.

He fucking fooled me twice.

And, here I am trying to protect the fucker.

God, I'm such a fucking dumbass. "Why are you like this, Jasmin?" I yelled at myself as anger formed within me.

I couldn't even be angry at the cheater. He simply played a game that I fucking fell for. It's my fault, that I believed the dumbass.

The knife started to draw blood on my hand from the way I was holding it but I couldn't feel anything. The pain didn't reassemble the pain I was feeling on the inside.

For a moment, I thought that maybe he was telling the truth.

I fucking believed him.

Everything was a fucking lie. Every single little thing.

It hurt, deeply.

I didn't want to admit it but he did spark some hope in me as well. He was slowly putting down the walls I had built. I fucking kissed him, willingly. Not for the plan, not for any publicity. I kissed him because I wanted to. I wanted to relive the same feeling he gave me when I kissed him five years back.

I shook my hand and threw the knife in the flower field. I wiped my hand on my dress as tears trailed down my face.

I used my other hand to shoot the fuckers who were still shooting. Once the bullets all finished, I dropped the gun and ran through the flower field. I wiped my tears with my hands as I collided with a body.

I looked up to meet the eyes that consistently cause me so much fucking pain. "Why didn't you go to the car?"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, fuck off."

"What happened? Why are you crying? Did somebody hurt you? What the fuck happened to your hand?" He took my bloody hand in his but I took it away from him.

"Don't fucking touch me," I warned.

"You are bleeding. What the fuck happened?" He questioned.

"You fucking happened," I yelled. "Since you came back, you have made my life a living hell. You are the cause of all my problems."

I pointed at him, "I was living my best fucking life until you decided to come back in my life."

"What? I di—" I cut him off.

"Cut the bullshit," I shouted. "Do you ever stop with the fucking excuses? Do you have an excuse for everything? Do you have a lie for everything? Do you think it's a fucking game to play with my feelings?"

"Fire—"

"Shut the fuck up." I pushed him away. "What type of lie are you going to feed me now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What fucking lie?" He yelled.

"Every fucking thing. All you do is lie." I retorted. "Do you want me to spell it out for you, cheater?"

He looked taken back, by the choice of my words. "Really?" He asked seriously, almost like he couldn't believe what I just said.

"Yes," I confirmed. "You came up with this whole ploy, and I can't help but give you credit. Congratulations, you fucking fooled me. You fucking ruined my life, again. Thank you." Tears spilled down my eyes as he was left speechless.

"Are you happy?" I shouted. "You ruined me once again. Do you feel better about yourself now?" I pushed him again. "Why did you come up with this whole ploy?"

"What fucking ploy?"

I dryly laughed, "Shut up, you don't need to act anymore."

"I'm not acting."

"Tell me why the fuck the Russians are attacking. Didn't you say that you killed each and every one of them? Did you really stoop that low to involve your sister in this fucking plan?" I questioned.

"What? Russians? What are you talking about?"

"This attack was done by the Russians," I screamed. "If the Russians were dead, how the fuck are they attacking? Unless you made this whole fucking plan up to fool me and play with my emotions again."

"Are you out of your mind?" He took dangerously slow steps in my direction. "Do you think this was all a plan? Do you think this lowly about me?" He stepped in front of me as anger coated his words.

"Yes, I fucking do."

He closed his eyes in defeat. He elbowed the person behind him before putting his hand around his neck and pulling him over his shoulder. The attacker dropped on the floor to the side of me as Chase kicked him in the chin. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at the attacker.

"Who are you working for?" He questioned as he put the front of the gun against his forehead. "I won't hesitate to shoot your brains out."

"Rus—Russians." He answered.

"Do you think it's a good idea to be lying right now?" Chase spoke, his voice sounding dangerous and dark.

I scoffed, "Liar ass." I walked away from the flower field and made my way towards the car.

A gunshot went off as I was about to open the door. I wiped away the tears that had fallen on my face and from the corner of my eye, I saw another attacker in the back of a truck, crouching. It looked to be a sniper gun and he had pointed it in the direction towards Chase who just walked out of the flower field into the open.

His eyes met mine, "Wait!" He shouted.

I looked at him before looking back at the fucker who was ready to pull the trigger. "Go back!" I shouted back.

"No, I won't go until you don't listen to me." He walked in my direction. I saw the person in the back of the truck, check to see the bullets before clicking it back. He put his finger on the trigger and undid the safety.

"Chase!" I yelled as I ran in his direction. I looked at the attacker as I ran and he pulled the trigger just as I came in front of Chase.

The bullet hits me and I fall into Chase's arms. I bullet hit my chest and I put my hand over my chest. My eyes start closing, "Firefly!" Chase shouted.

"I-I—" I couldn't form any words.

"Firefly, stay with me. you can't leave me again." He yelled as he looked at me with tearful eyes. "Keep your eyes open." He put his hand on the side of my face and slowly rubbed it.

I faintly smiled before I spoke, "Be ha-happy, I'm le-leaving no-now."

I accepted my fate. I was happy that I had gotten shot in the arms of my love. I didn't let him die.

"Please, Firefly." He pleaded. "SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE." He picked me up, bridal style.

"It's o-okay. I'm ha-happy." I opened my eyes forcefully, to meet his teary eyes. Tears were covering his face.

"Yo-you can't leave me."

"We wi-will collide again," I promised, and he shook his head. I brought my shaky hand to his face and wiped the fallen tears.

"No! Stay with me!" He yelled as my body started giving up. I had lost a lot of blood already. "Firefly!" He was holding me with one arm and used the other to keep my eyes open.

His bracelet got tangled with my necklace. The 'believe' interlocking with each other.

"I be-believed you." I whispered just before my eyes closed and darkness welcomed me, taking me to hell.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

[ 2258 words ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 169 41
"You are my first love that have brought this empty shell of my heart back to life. You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have." - The...
327K 9.9K 36
When you run, you don't look back. You don't feel sorry... Nor remorse. You stop wondering "what if?". You just run... Rarely hide as well... K...
4.3K 250 36
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
95 13 9
"Even after many incidents or accidents She'll be only mine" *( A billionaire love story )* "I'm leading the best version of my life and he's back" ...