Fun and Games

Galing kay ChloeReds

After moving to South Korea Opal Walton gets deviating news that will change her lift forever and leave her i... Higit pa

Bar
Morning After
Ddakji
Van
456
Red Light
Voting
Yeuidio
Red
Army
Breakfast
Honeycomb
Names
Ten
Tug-of-War
Corn
Partners
Marbles
069
Sixteen
Glass
Tiles
Opal
Rich
Knives
VIPs
Rain
Hospital

Riot

485 17 2
Galing kay ChloeReds

While I'm their way back to the bunk area, Opal notices that Sang-Woo is incredibly nervous. Opal turns to him and smiles up to him sweetly, "hey, it's alright. They'll be okay. 199 already passed, and Gi-Hun and 001 are smart enough to figure out a way to get their shapes out without a problem."

"I hope you're right." 

When they get back to the bunk area they head to the area 199 is waiting, "sir! Ma'am!" He smiles brightly, "I'm so happy to see you made it."

"Now we just have to wait for the other two," Sang-Woo sighs.

Before long the remaining players start to funnel into the room, the trio watching the door, hoping to see their friends walk in. Eventually, Gi-Hun and 001 walk into the bunk area, 199 waves to them, while Sang-Woo and Opal feel like they are finally able to breath, "sirs! You made it!" Ali and Opal start toward the other members of their group, while Sang-Woo takes a deep breath before joining them, "I'm glad you made it. I was really worried."

"It will take a whole lot more to kill Gi-Hun," Gi-Hun chuckles, "I got Ssangmun-dong running through this heart, huh?"

"Are you holding up all right here, mister?" 199 turns his attention to the old man.

"I'm okay, yes," 001 pats 199's arm before turning to Gi-Hun, "all thanks to your sharp thinking."

"I'm sorry," Sang-Woo shakes his head as he takes another deep breath, "I was wrong to suggest separating."

"Ah, don't say that," Gi-Hun shrugs, "how could you know what it was? Choosing the umbrella was my call." He pats Sang-Woo on the arm, "don't worry, okay?"

"Hm. Yeah, the whole team made it."

"Attention, players," the group looks up and around as they hear the woman. "I will now announce the results of the second game." The look to the screen as the trilling counts down those who are left the number going down from 187, "out of the 187 players who participated, 79 players were eliminated." The lights in the room go off and the piggy bank above is lite up with his golden light. As chiptune music plays all the players watch as more money is added to the bank. "The prize money accumulated this round is 7.9 billion won. The total prize money accumulated so far is now 34.8 billion won." Opal takes a deep breath and looks down, shaking her head. That 34.8 billion represents 348 people who had died, one of them could have easily been Sang-Woo or any of the other players on her team. After letting the players sit and rest for a little while the doors to the room open and staff member a roll in a few tables, "attention. Your mealtime begins now. All players, please form a line in the center of the room.

The players separate into two lines, Sang-Woo making sure that Opal is in front of him and behind 199. At the front of the line they are given egg and a bottle of soda. As they get ready to eat in the small area their group had basically claimed as their own, Opal looks over the food in her hands, remembering when she would eat half of what she had now and call it dinner, now thankfully that she thinks it's to little. "Is everything alright?" Sang-Woo gently nudge's Opal's leg with his elbow, looking up to her since she's sitting on the step above him.

"Yeah," she nods and looks over to him with a slight smile, "just remembering worse times. If that's even possible."

"Hey, don't worry, we'll make it out of here and we'll never have to worry about anything ever again."

"Uh, I didn't get anything. Where's the rest?" 271 complains to the staff members.

"We didn't get anything either," a woman agrees, "one, two, three, four, five. Five meals are missing, sir."

"We prepared food for the exact number of players," the leading of the staff answering as if five players not getting their food isn't his problem.

"Then where is ours?" 271 questions. "Please, sir, we need to eat!"

As the man shouts the leading staff member points a gun at him and the others, "it was prepared for the exact number."

"Excuse me," a woman stands up, "it was them." She points to the team with 101 and 212. "They skipped the line and got seconds. I saw it."

101 takes another bite out of his egg and looks around, "hey, what's the matter, everybody? Jeez. You never see a guy eat before, is that it? Shit," he chuckles.

271 then marches over to 101 and his group, pointing to them when he's a few feet away from them, "who do you think you are? That's my food you just ate."

"Ah, so, uh, is this yours?" 101 waves the bottle in front of 271's face. "Is your name on it? Cause I sure don't see anything," 101 and his group laugh. "I'm sorry."

271 runs at 101, normally Opal would be all for someone standing up for themselves, but it may not be the best idea to try and wrestle food away from a man twice your size. 272 tries to get the bottle from 101, "give it back. It's mine."

The two men fight over the bottle and it gets dropped onto the floor, where it shatters. "You little shit, goddamn it." 101 grabs 271 by the collar, "why did you break it, you jerk? How's this, huh?" 101 swings and knocks 271 to the floor. As he does everyone gasps or cringes, "how come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy about food?" 101 then kicks 271, "you piece of shit. Hey, listen up. You should learn to share." As he talks 101 continues to kick 271, "is it that hard, you dumbass?" 101 kicks the poor man in the head, chest and stomach to the point that anyone would say it's overkill. As they watch the brutal scene, Opal wraps her arms around Sang-Woo, since she's on the step above him she is only a little taller than him, she lays her forehead onto his shoulder.

Once 101 is done, Sang-Woo starts toward the man who is now laying on the floor. His hand leaving Opal's only when they are too far away for their arms to reach and they slip out of the other's hands. When he leaves Opal steps down, almost as if she's going to follow him, but 199 stops her, "ma'am, I think you should stay here."

When Sang-Woo and Gi-Hun get to the man Sang-Woo kneels next to him and gently shakes his shoulder, "hey, you okay?" The man doesn't respond, "hey, wake up." Now Sang-Woo realizes something is very wrong, he moves 271's collar off of his neck before checking his pulse with two fingers, soon realizing he is dead. He puts his hands on his knees and looks to Gi-Hun, "he's gone." Gi-Hun kneels next to the man to confirm what his friend is telling him and, as he does, Sang-Woo gets up and hurries back to Opal, wrapping an arm around her back and placing his other hand on the back of her head as she lays her head on his chest, "it'll be okay." Honestly, even Sang-Woo isn't sure if this is true anymore. It's one thing to watch someone get shot after they fail a game, it's another to watch a man get beat to death this close up.

"Oh, hello, guards, can someone do something?" Gi-Hun looks up to the staff from
His kneeling position, "hey, didn't you hear that?" He stands and starts toward the staff, "a person died. That man there just died. Look, that man was killed." Gi-Hun points to 271 then to 101, "that bastard... that bastard just killed him. He just killed someone over there! He just died!" Gi-Hun moves back into the center of the room, shouting around, "can't you hear me, huh? Help us now! A man just died! We shouldn't be killing each other like this!"

As Gi-Hun pants the woman on the PA makes an announcement, "player 271, eliminated." Everyone looks to the scene and the number of players goes down, while the prize money goes up. As she sees this a pit forms in Opal's stomach, if they died, no matter how they died, the prize money increases. This means that those who are stronger will start to go after others while they aren't even playing. The door beeps and it opens as a few staff members bring in a black box with a pink bow on it. They load the man up and leave, not even cleaning his blood off the floor. Everyone can do nothing but watch as they take him away.

Soon after the staff members leave, the players go back to their groups, being on high alert. "We can't fall asleep tonight," Sang-Woo looks from the clock to his team. "Who knows what someone else may try."

Opal looks over to 101 and his group, "they're planning something. And whatever it is, it isn't good."

"If they try it attack someone, let's group together and fight them." Sang-Woo pats 199's shoulder, "come to our side if anything goes wrong."

"Okay, I will," 199 nods.

Opal shakes her head, "I hate to say it, but it might be better to hide then fight. Let them focus on someone else."

Gi-Hun notices 101 keeps glancing at 067, "I'll be back."

As he leaves Opal rubs her forehead, "now I feel worse, I didn't think they had a specific person in mind."

"It's not a bad idea," Sang-Woo gently rubs her shoulder, "but that may not be an option."

All the players get into their beds and the woman on the PA begins to countdown to lights out, "ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." Everyone altos jumps as the lights go out and a dark cloud seems to fall over the room. Last night Opal could see at least a few bunks away, but now it seems as though she can barely see in front of her own face. It isn't long after lights out that a woman screams, as she does everyone jumps up out of their beds, as more people begin to scream the lights begin to flash on and off like a strobe light. Players tip the bunks over to get those who tried to stay in their bunks and avoid the fights out and maybe take them out in the process. When they hit the cement floor below some of the screws come lose, causing the metal bars to separate, giving players weapons.

As soon as she finds this out Opal grabs one of the small bars, making sure she'd be able to swing it around before she gets out to find Gi-Hun and the others. As the planned the others meet near Gi-Hun's bunk, which is now an over turned pile of metal and blankets. When she get there, Opal watches as a man chases Gi-Hun up the stairs for the beds and he gets his pinned onto one of the beds. While the man's focus is on Gi-Hun, Opal sneaks up behind him and hits the man on the hit, swinging the metal pipe like a baseball bat. Gi-Hun falls to the floor and Opal tries to help him up, when she turns she sees a man swinging down on her with a pipe, but when she hears the pipe come into contact with some, she looks up, seeing 199 had caught the pipe, then Sang-Woo kicks the man and getting the pipe from him before beating the man off with it.

"Are you okay?" Sang-Woo moves back to Opal once the man is down.

"Yeah," she nods looking around, making sure no one tries to sneak up on them while Sang-Woo has his back turned.

Gi-Hun looks around, "where's the old man? Do you see him?"

"We have to find him."

The group runs into the rows of bunks, Sang-Woo making sure that Opal is always behind him. As the come across players the team fights them off individual and as a group, all of them doing their best not to kill anyone, but they don't stop until the other person is on the ground and they stay there. They run to the old man's bunk, but he isn't there. They look around as much as they can, trying to find the old man through the chaos, but he doesn't seem to be anywhere.

As they look around Opal notices 067 running across the room to them, she tightens her grip on the pipe and moves to lift it, but Gi-Hun stops her, "no, don't." He turns back to 067, "you came."

067 shrugs, "like you said." 067 pants a bit as 101 appears a few feet behind her.

As he runs at 067 Gi-Hun moves her out of the way and tackles 101. 101 swings at Gi-Hun, but misses, Opal running up to him and kicking him away from Gi-Hun. When she kicks him away someone grabs her by the hair and pulls her back, throwing her to the ground. The next this she sees is someone jumping over her swinging a pipe at the man who throw her down, it takes her a second to realize that it's Sang-Woo.

As the team tries to scramble to their feet so they can fight, 199 runs down the stairs for the bunks, holding a huge metal beam that had been used for the bunks, swinging it in front of his team to keep 101 and his group away from them. Once they are on their feet the team squares up against 101 and his group. "Hey, Ssangmun-dong, what are you doing?" 101 take a few small steps forward, but 199 swings the beam, causing him to move back. "We're just helping cull the herd."

"She's our teammate," Gi-Hun simply states, "you got that?"

"Teammate?"

As the prepare themselves to fight 101 and his group they hear the old man, crying out to anyone who will listen, "all of you, stop this." They look and see 001 on top of one of the few still standing bunks, "I'm... i... I'm scared. We are all gonna die in here! Everyone, every single one of us is going to die! Please, I'm so scared. Stop this madness! If you keep this going, then we're all going to die in here!"

Someone seems to listen to 001's pleads because soon the lights come back on and the doors open before staff members come rushing in, firing a gun into the air to get everyone to stop fighting. They rush on to the floor and point guns at the remaining players. Everyone drops whatever weapon they have in their hands and put their hands up. The staff then going about patting the players down, checking for any hidden weapons and taking anything they find.

Once they've check everyone they start to scan those players who have died and the woman begins to announce who has passed, "player 277, eliminated. Player 74, eliminated. Player 198, eliminated. Players 87, eliminated. Player 222, eliminated. Players 301, eliminated. Player 416, eliminated. Player 361, eliminated. Players 328, eliminated. Player 103, eliminated. Players 444, eliminated. Players 6, eliminated. Player 206, eliminated. Players 333, eliminated. Players 239, eliminated."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

83.3K 1.7K 81
Counts Total words: 120,757 Average words per chapter: 1,589 Amount of chapters: 76 ~~~ Y/N is a girl from America who recently moved to South Korea...
2.4K 40 17
Y/n is 19 year old. Due to her mother's neglect when she was young she found it hard to trust people. She moved in with her father who passed away sh...
719 48 20
In which a girl named Eum Haneul, who lives in Seoul, South Korean and tends to her father who lost himself in debt, alcohol and drugs, is given a ca...
27.1K 987 26
(COMPLETED UNTIL THERE'S CONFIRMATION OF A SEASON 2) Lee Ji-ah, or, her English name, Lily, has always been in debt. When she turned 16, she had to m...