ALWAYS & FOREVER

By ameture_writer

THIS IS A STORY OF ..... MEERA SINGHANIA A beautiful girl who lights up the room by just her smile. A girl lo... More

COPYRIGHT / AN
CHARACTERS!!!
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK ALERT!!

CHAPTER 40

15.7K 536 7
By ameture_writer

Author's POV

The next morning Meera wakes up early. Abhi is holding her tightly. She carefully removes his hand that is around her waist and gets up. She freshens up and as she is about to leave the room, Reyansh wakes up. Meera rushes over to him and lifts him up before Abhi can get up. 

Meera takes Reyansh out of the room and they go downstairs. Reyansh plays with her hair while trying to talk to her.  It's just 6am so probably no one is awake yet.  

Surprisingly, she bumps in to Adi on her way. 

"Hi bhabi, you're awake so early?", Adi says and Meera just shrugs in response. "Ok, since you are free now, want to play tennis with me?". Adi asks her.

"Sure, but I haven't played in a long time so I probably won't be very good", Meera says. 

"That's not an issue, chalo"

"Ok , you go . I'll change and come in 10mins", Meera says and goes back to the room. She changes into tracks and a top and ties her hair into a pony tail. She then puts Reyansh in a stroller and goes towards the court. 

Adi hands her a racquet and says, "11 points, 3 sets".

"Ok, you serve first", Meera replies going to the other side of the court. Just when they are about to start, Sameer comes into view. 

"Oh dad, perfect timing, you can be the referee", Adi says. Sameer agrees and takes his position near Reyansh. 

They start playing and Adi serves first. After going back and fort a few times, Adi scores the first point. Then Meera scores the next two points. And this keeps on going for a long time since both of them are excellent players.

************

Abhi wakes up a little while later. He looks around the room for Meera but she's no where in sight along with Reyansh. He gets up and freshens up. 

Abhi goes into the living room looking for Meera. After searching for a few minutes he cant really find anyone. He finally goes to the backyard where he sees that everyone is out in the tennis court.

Meera's playing against Adi. He goes and stands beside Sameer. 

"This game is amazing", Sameer tells Abhi. Abhi watches those two play and he can clearly tell that Meera is a very good player considering that Adi of one of the best and she is giving him a hard time. Both of them are sweating and panting by the end.

"Duce", Sameer announces. "Meera won the first set and Adi won the second, this is the last one", he tells Abhi. Everyone is watching their game intently. 

Adi scores a point. Then Meera scores another. They are tied again. The air is super tense. Adi scores two points consecutively and wins the match. They all cheer for both for them.

"You are very good", Meera tells Adi. 

"I'm not so sure, I mean you were pretty good too, I almost dint win", Adi tells her.

"Ma, when is dadi coming", Alia asks Nandini.

"God, she'll be here in a few hours. Go everyone get ready , we only have 2 hours to prepare everything", Nandini says and everyone goes to their respective rooms. 

Once everyone leaves, Abhi puts a hand on Meera's waist turning her around. She looks up at him and gives Abhi a warm smile. 

"You never told me you could play tennis so well", Abhi says.

"You never asked"

"Well, I'm asking now. What other talents have you been hiding from me?"

"Wouldn't you like to know", she winks at him and starts walking towards the house, pushing Reyansh's stroller in front of her.  Abhi jogs up to her and holds her hand.

"Ok so you should know a few things about dadi", Abhi starts telling Meera. "She never approved of ma and dads relationship and has a major problem for no apparent reason with Alia. She also likes me the best so just stay close to me and don't talk to her unless you cant avoid it. And the last thing, don't listen or take offence to anything she says. She is a good person, just grown a little bitter with age."

Meera nods. " Don't worry about me. I'll be fine", she says pushing open the door of their room.

 "I'm going to take a shower, wanna join ", Abhi asks her playfully. She pretends to be considering the idea. Abhi's grin falters. "Wait, are you seriously thinking about it?", Abhi asks her looking bewildered.

"No, now go", she says throwing a towel at him.

********

Its 9am sharp and all the members of the Malhotra family are gathered in the living room to welcome Maheshwari Malhotra. The house is beautifully decorated because its Diwali after all.

A lady in her 70s enters the house with a servant carrying her belongings, trailing behind her. She stops a few feet away from them examining each and everyone. 

"Ma, aapko raaste mein koi takleef toh nahi hui na", Sameer asks her. She just tilts  her head upward to acknowledge him. 

"Koi takleef nahi hui par mujhe bataya kyu nahi gaya ki Abhimanyu ki shaadi ho gayi ", She says looking straight at Abhi.

"Dadi, sab intni jaldi mein hua time hi nahi tha, humne aapko hi nahi, kisi ko bhi nahi bataya", Abhi says stepping forward.

"It's hasn't even been five minutes and I want her gone", Alia leans and whispers to Meera. 

"Aap kahdi kyu hai maa ji , baithiye na", Nandini says. She completely ignores her and walks towards where Meera, Abhi and Alia are standing. She sweeps a glance over Alia and Adi and then turns her attention to Meera. Abhi comes and and stands beside Meera. 

"Dadi, yeh hai Meera, my wife", Abhi introduces her. Meera bends down to touch her feet. She grunts slightly in acknowledgement but her face is  expressionless and she is staring at Meera intently.  Abhi takes Meera's hand and squeezes it in reassurance. 

"Ma, aap abhi breakfast karengi? Hum sab abhi khane wale hi the", Sameer asks his mother diverting her attention away from Meera. She just nods and they all head towards the dining table. 

They all sit on the dining table and start eating silently. 

"I know you don't like dadi bu-", Abhi starts saying but Meera cuts him off.

"I don't really know her. Now stop worrying and why does everyone seem so uptight suddenly. I really can't see why you dislike her so much", Meera whispers back.

"I wouldn't say that we all dislike her, she's just a tough person", Meera just hums in response. 

"Samar kab aa raha hai?", Maheshwari asks Sameer. Samar is his younger brother. 

"Woh shaam tak aayenge", he replies. 

After everyone finishes eating, Abhi gets up to get Reyansh. He comes down holding Reyansh. Maheshwari coos over him but he turns his face and hides it against Abhi's chest shyly.

Alia gets up abruptly and says, "I'll be back in a minute". She gestures Meera to come with her who shakes her head subtly but Alia still persists. Meera finally gets up and follows Alia.

Its been 5mins since Meera and Alia have gone somewhere. Abhi and Reyansh, both of them are looking around for her. 

"Kya dhoond rahe ho?", Maheshwari asks Abhi.

"Kuch nahi", he replies instantly. 

"Dadi, yeh dono bhabi ko dhoond rahe hai", Adi winks playfully gesturing towards both of them. Abhi glares at Adi who immediately shuts up. 

Maheshwari then gets up and goes to her room to rest. On the way to her room, she comes across Meera talking on the phone.

 "No no, I can't make it. It will be too late by that time. Just monitor her all the time and make sure that the blood pressure doesn't drop. In case it does, page a senior doctor immediately and then.....yeah ok and keep updating me", she says and disconnects the call. 

Meera turns around to face Maheshwari. For a moment neither of them say anything.

"Thujhe lagta hai mai bahut khadoos hu na", Maheshwari speaks up suddenly, shocking Meera with her question. 

"What, no, aap aisa kyu bol rahi hai"

"Mai jaanti hu sab mere baare mein kya sochte hai. Tujhe pata hai, I was not always like this but after your dadaji died , I had to be strong , this world is a cruel place, you cannot break under it", Meera dint know why she was telling her all this. 

"Aap sahi hai. We do have to be strong to survive, but is surviving enough? In order to live we have to bend here and there", Meera replies. Maheshwari regards Meera carefully.

"I knew there was a reason Abhi likes you, and now I can see it. You know mai ne Abhi ke liye kitni ladkiya layi hai par usne unhe ek bar dekha tak nahi", Maheshwari says and turns to leave.

"Dadiji", Meera calls out," Abhi is the one who usually gets all the attention and you cannot blame him for that. The thing is Alia feels left out most of the time, aur use lagta hai ki aap sara importance sirf Abhimanyu ko deti hai ", Meera says and Maheshwari's lips lift up in the faintest  smile. Without saying anything she goes into her room and shuts the door. 

Meera shakes her head and goes back to her room.

**********

It's evening and the Malhotras  are sitting together in the living room. Samar and his wife Shalini are sweet people and get along well with everyone. Reyansh, is sitting on Meera's lap observing everyone silently. Maheshwari is somewhat better towards Alia.

After sometime Abhi and Meera decide to leave as both of them have an early day at work tomorrow. 

They reach home and after putting Reyansh to bed, they fall asleep in each others arms.

*****************************************************

Hope you liked his chapter.

Keep commenting and voting.

xoxo

Sakshi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

642K 23.1K 52
" I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his harsh voice. Tears formed in my eyes " Fo...
1.7M 71.4K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
1.7M 90.6K 106
BEST RANKING:- #1 in Indian Fiction as on 01/21 #2 in India as on 10/20 Bonjour😊 As the name suggest Unwillingly but yours. Story of a simple yet my...
53K 3K 20
~ Abhimanyu Raghuvanshi The most handsome eligible bachelor of India , who looks are of a Greek god , who is cold , arrogant, straight forward, have...