Forbidden Sparks [ninjago jay...

De storiesninjago

"Would you ever date a teacher?" "No." "Would you ever date your crush?" "Yes." "This is going to be interest... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Thoughts/Answers/Thanks

Chapter 17

576 16 6
De storiesninjago

Sunday, 11:05 pm.

Kai opened the door and stumbled inside. He was about to walk into the house even further before he realized he still had to close the door. So he turned back around and kicked the door into the lock with his foot. After releasing his feet from his shoes, he yawned.

He had just arrived back from Skylor's and they had a lot of fun together (not that type, though). They had gone to visit Skylor's father, James Chen.

He was the owner of the most famous noodle factory in all of Ninjago. He owned multiples of restaurants all over the country. The brand was called 'Chen's Noodle Empire'.

Skylor had once told Kai that her father had named the place after their family name so that one day, she would inherit everything once her father would die in the future.

She wasn't too keen on the idea, but since she'd been wanting to become a business woman once she graduated from college in the future, she thought it was okay.

Kai found the idea of her wanting to work quite hot. Definitely hotter than her being a housewife. Why was he thinking that, you may ask. Well, he was planning on dropping an interesting question in the near future, to say the least.

That was also mainly the reason why the two went to see his girlfriend's father. She, of course, had no idea of his intentions. Once she had gone to the bathroom, Kai took that opportunity to get her father's blessing.

And after lots of warnings, and praises, he managed to convince him and got his blessing.

Skylor's mother had died in a car accident when she was only a few months old, so he didn't have to go to her, too. However, since it felt wrong not to, Kai had gone over to the graveyard on the south of Ninjago and visited her mother's grave about a week ago.

He had brought her some flowers he had bought from a florist on the way, and put them in front of her gravestone. He had crouched down in front of her grave and pulled out the ring and showed it to the gravestone. "Hello Mrs Chen," He had said. "I know I've come here quite a few times with your daughter, but as you may see, or not, I'm alone today. I have been with your daughter for almost two years now, and I love her. I love her a lot. And I know that there's nothing going to happen now, but I wanted to come and tell you that I'm planning on proposing to her. I wanted to come to you and get your blessing, even though I know you won't be able to answer. However, I'll promise to protect her at all costs and love her until the end. And believe me, I don't make a lot of promises because I'm scared of not being able to keep them, but once I do, I'm positive I'll keep 'em. Your daughter is beautiful, both on the inside, and on the outside, and I'm glad that she's the one my heart decided to choose. I promise I'll treat her with respect and love and always be there for her."

Then he had stood up, put the box back into his pocket, and sighed. "I wish you could've been present at our wedding- if she says 'yes', of course. Goodbye for now, Mrs Chen." He had smiled as he had walked away.

Right on that same day, Kai had visited his parents graves as well to tell them. Once he had arrived, he crouched down in front of their graves that were right next to each other's. "Hey mum, hey dad," He sadly smiled. "I have something to tell you. You know I've already told you that I have a girlfriend, but I think my time has come now to officially call her mine. How? Look," He had pulled out the ring and held it out. "I've bought her a ring. Yeah, I'm gonna propose to her soon, and you guys have no idea how excited I am." Then he had put the ring away again. A small tear rolled down his cheek. "Why did you have to get on that plane?" He had wondered, wiping his tears away with his open palms. "Anyways, I'll come and tell you after she says 'yes', hopefully. Oh, and Nya's doing fine, by the way. Jay's a good guy, but I'm still going to protect her, just in case. Don't worry. See you soon!" Then he had driven back home.

Kai sighed at the memory and walked upstairs to talk to his little sister. He looked at the brown, wooden door, and knocked. However, no one answered.

"Nya?" He said as he knocked on the door a few more times before he realized that she was probably asleep, so he slowly opened the door.

He stuck his head through the open door and peeked inside, only to see no one inside. "Nya?" He wondered out loud as he opened the door fully and walked into her room. He walked up to the bed and couldn't see her anywhere.

Kai frowned. He left her bedroom and walked up to the bathroom, only to find it unoccupied. Then he looked inside the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, the attic, and the basement, only to find that she wasn't at home.

He groaned as he pulled out his phone and dialed up her number. He put the phone to his ear, only to pull it back down again right after.

"Hey, I'm not available at the moment. I'm probably either studying or studying. Please try again later."

Kai rolled his eyes playfully at his sister's voicemail as he dialed up Jay's number. She had to have been over at his place if she wasn't at home.

And she'd get grounded for not telling her brother where she had gone; and why she was gone this late, too.

It beeped for a few times before Jay picked up his phone. "Hello?"

"Jason Walker, haven't I told you that Nya staying over at yours is off limits until she's-"

"What?"

"What 'what'?" Kai asked, confused.

"Nya's not at my place." Jay let out a laugh.

Kai's eyes widened. "She's not?" He gasped. Then he became more serious. "Jay, I swear to god if you're kidding me right now, I'll beat the living-"

"Kai, she's not with me." Jay told him, convincing him at once. "Hold up, you don't know where she is?"

"She's not at home so I thought she'd be at yours." Kai explained.

"What do you mean, 'she's not home'? It's-" There was a little pause. "-like half past eleven!"

Kai clicked his teeth. "Are you sure you're not hiding her right now?" He asked once again.

"No! You can ask Cole if you want!" Jay squeaked. "Wait, let me call her-"

"I've tried already, her phone's turned off!" Kai squeaked back.

"What?!" Jay yelled. "Maybe she's at Skylor's?" He suggested.

"No, I was with her the whole day."

"Maybe Lloyd?"

Kai sighed. "You know what, I'll call the others and ask them."

"Tell me immediately when you found her!" Jay demanded.

"Alright, see ya!" Before waiting for a response, he hung up.

However, after calling up every single friend of theirs, none of them knew where she was. And that, my friends, was a big problem.

Kai paced around in the room as he ran a hand through his gelled hair, sighing. "Where are you?" He whispered to himself.

The ringing of the doorbell interrupted his thoughts as he raced up to the front door and yanked it open.

"Have you found her?!" Jay squeaked.

Kai looked at him for a few seconds, seeing that he was wearing a yellow rain jacket which was a bit wet because of the rain outside. Then he shook his head. "No one knows where she is." He said as he let Jay inside and closed the door.

"Okay, okay, let's think." Jay said as he pulled out his phone and looked at the time. "It's 11:41 in the evening. Is there any place she usually goes to around this time?"

Kai thought a little. "No, she usually tells me wherever she goes to. She's not the type to keep these kinds of things to herself. And she'd definitely not sneak out... I hope."

"Did she leave any notes? Were all the windows and doors locked when you came back home?" Jay asked.

"No, and yes..." Kai looked at the floor. "Jay, she's the only family I have, if anything happened to her while I was gone, I-"

"I'm sure she's alright." Jay interrupted him as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Then why isn't she home? Why don't I know where she is? And neither do you, and the others don't either."

Jay pondered a bit. "Let's go to the police, they might help us."

Kai breathed out heavily as he nodded, looking at the other male.

Figuring Kai wouldn't be able to drive in this state, they both walked up to Jay's car and drove to the police station together. They ran up to the receptionist.

"Hey, we'd like to announce a missing person's case." Jay immediately said.

"Alright, who is it?" The male worker asked, looking at them.

"Nya Smith, my little sister." Kai stepped forward, placing his hands on the countertop.

The receptionist typed something into his computer. "How old is she and when have you last seen her?"

"She's seventeen." Jay answered.

"And I've last talked to her at around..." He started to think. "Twelve in the afternoon?" He answered, rather unsure of when he had exactly talked to her over the phone.

"Today?"

"Yes."

"I am sorry, but I cannot declare someone as missing if there isn't a time period of at least twenty-four hours."

"I'm sorry, what?!" Kai raged. "My sister is nowhere to be found, no one knows where she is, and you, the police, are not going to help us find her?!" He shouted.

"Would you please calm down?" The receptionist asked him, trying to not raise his own voice in the process.

"Calm down?! You're the police, you're supposed to help us!" Kai shouted.

The receptionist sighed before turning towards Jay. "Would you please tell him to calm down?"

Jay clenched his fist on his side. "No?! Listen to his f—ing statements, mister! She hasn't come home, and no one knows where she is! What if she's in danger right now and we only have a small amount of time to help her, but oh no, we have to wait for eleven more hours until you take her absence seriously?!" He yelled.

The man behind the desk sighed again as he leaned down and pushed the silent emergency button...

~ oOoOoOo ~

"And come back in eight hours, if you will!" A police officer shouted after the two as they forcefully exited the building.

Yes, you've read it right, they had been arguing with almost the entirety of the police force that was present in the station for three hours, yet they couldn't convince them to help.

As they were walking back to Jay's car, they both were absolutely fuming. "And this is what they call the 'helpers of our town'..." Jay said, disbelieving, as he climbed into the driver's seat.

Kai scoffed as he got in the car as well. "If they won't help us, we'll go find her ourselves." He said, his tone indicating he was not accepting a 'no'.

"Where do we go now?" Jay asked as he started up the engine.

"Let's go back home for now. Maybe she's already back on her own. I'll call the others and ask if they can help us find her."

Jay nodded as he pulled out of the parking space and drove off into the empty street.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3.3K 123 5
We shall explore the art of reality shifting. Doubt me not, for I have been shifting for more than 3 centuries.
605K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
17.3K 136 7
Nya Smith has kept a secret for the past nine months and told no one other then her brother but when she finnaly gives birth to a baby girl the other...