my step-brother's best friend...

By hugsfromziam

Young Liam Payne was left as an orphan at a young age and was forced into an orphanage, little did he know wa... More

My Step-Brother's Best Friend (a Ziam boyxboy Fan Fiction)
Chapter One
Memory One
Chapter Two
Memory Two
Chapter Three
Memory Three
Chapter Four
Memory Four
Chapter Five
Memory Five + Chapter Six
Memory Six + Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Memory Seven
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Memory Eight
Chapter Twelve
Memory Nine
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Memory Ten
Memory Eleven + Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

33.9K 1K 150
By hugsfromziam

Chapter Thirteen

I slid down the back of the door and thought about what Zayn had said. He said he was sorry about beating Taylor up, but what was engraved in my mind at the moment was how he almost said he loved me… I felt cold tears leave trails down my cheeks.

I put my head back against the door and whispered to myself, “I love you too Zayn…”

Little did I know was that Zayn was at the other side, “Liam,” I heard him mumble hopefully.

I turned around so my ear and cheek were against the door trying to soak up the sound of his beautiful voice that still made goose bumps rise over my arms, “Zayn…”

“I…I…” Zayn stumbled upon his own words.

I turned around and dug my face into my hands, “I love you too Zayn, I need to be alone now though,” I mumbled pained.

I was then left alone to drain out all my tears and pain. I just couldn’t believe Zayn could be so heartless as to punch the living shit out of Taylor…

Flashback

I had Taylor’s arm slung over my neck as I was dragging him through the dry, summer morning. We had gone to get ice cream and spend a fun day together when Zayn decided to rain on my parade. I thought he would be having his own parade with Niall, one where they would both laugh and be affectionate in, but instead he decided to ruin my parade.

I burst the door open and all of the boys stood up from their lazy postures to awed and confused and pissed off emotions.

“What the fuck happened?” “Taylor?!” “Who the fuck did this?!”

Paul’s muscles had become prominent as his fists clenched and unclenched just like his jaw, “Who…The…Fuck…Did…This…..Tell me right now, Liam. Who. The. Fuck. Did. This,” Paul’s bright blue eyes had turned a shade of dark, angry, blue. His jaw bone popping as his jaw clenched.

I decided to cover up for Zayn, “Some random drunk guy,”

“Some random drunk guy?” Andrew interrupted, “Why would there be a drunk guy so early?”

“I don’t know…?” I mumbled.

Logan shot me a confused smiled, but decided to give me hand, “Look guys, we’re not going to fight fire against fire, let’s just help Taylor and then we see what we do,”

Andrew let out a breath and nodded, he then took Paul by his arms and pushed him against the couch, “Look, mate, it’s okay, he’s going to be okay, okay?”

Paul shook his head, he gave me a dark glare and I didn’t blame him for it. I was just a random guy that slept over at their house and now I bring their friend beat up to the pulp…

Logan and I were sitting on Taylor’s small bed. Taylor’s body was covered in blankets tucked up to his chin as his eyes were fluttered closed, long lashes scraping his tanned cheeks as his nostrils flared and relaxed with every breath taken. He looked more relaxed and way better.

“So,” Logan looked from Taylor to me, his blue eyes piercing into my soul, “Tell me, Liam, what happened?”

I looked at him and bit my lip, then back down at Taylor. I pressed the wet towel that was in my hand and dotted the bruise on his forehead, “Well,” I sighed and fixed the ice pack on Taylor’s forehead.

“Well?” Logan asked trying not to sound too impatient.

I switched hands with the towel and brushed through Taylor’s hair. I felt so bad… “My boyfriend… “

Logan looked confused for a second and then puzzled it together, “Oh… yeah… Taylor…. He can get a bit too touchy,”

I shook my head quickly, “Oh, God, no. It was Zayn. It was all his fault, trust me. He used to have anger issues as a child or so I heard from my step-brother and his friends… Well, more like over-heard. But, apparently some things can trigger him and make his anger issues come again, apparently their like little episodes now. They’re not as bad as before when he had full on anger issues. Now, if something makes him angry, not just angry, but like really, really angry, he can have an episode and well…” I looked at Taylor, “Do that…”

“I’m just surprised Taylor was the one knocked out because he’s a bad ass, he can kick anyone’s ass,” Logan admitted.

“Yeah… But, Zayn’s… Zayn can’t be beat when he has an episode, trust me,” I mumbled. I’ve seen it happen many times before, but this was the only time I’ve seen it happen since sophomore year.

I dotted Taylor’s busted lip with the wet towel and fixed all his bandages. I dotted Taylor’s soon-to-become black eye and all his others bruises.

“You should get going, I think we’re going to go back home to the city,” Logan stated sadly.

“Oh… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ruin your guys’ trip,” I looked down sheepishly and ashamed.

Logan placed a hand on my shoulder, “No, mate, it wasn’t your fault, we were heading there in two days, but I guess two days less for us, but it’s okay, we got to get him checked up, don’t want our little Taylor to have some major injury,”

I smiled weakly, “Yeah… I’m… I’m sorry…” I looked down.

“Hey, you can’t help it,” Logan said.

I placed a peck on Taylor’s forehead and stood up, “Tell him it was nice to meet him,”

“He’ll probably say the same,” Logan smiled at me and gave me a hug, “See ya in the future, hopefully, whenever our roads happen to cross again, mate,”

I smiled sadly, “See ya, thanks for granting me a place to stay in,”

Logan grinned at me, “Any day,”

I closed the door softly and slowly so it wouldn’t startle the sleeping Taylor and prooceded to saying a fare well to Andrew and Paul.

“Hey guys, I’m sorry to ruin your guys’ trip, but bye,” I said whilst standing beside the door.

Andrew stood up and gave me hug, patting me on the back, “It’s okay mate, I kinda missed my house anyways these guys’ are pigs, mostly Paul,”

Paul slapped Andrew upside the head and then patted me in the back, “See ya sometime mate, take care from drunk fools,”

I smiled weakly and looked at Logan.

“See ya, Liam, thanks for coming,” Logan grinned at me and closed the door behind me.

End of flashback

I was in my bed watching as the sun flares busted through my window and I watched the shadows of the leaves outside move. I was thinking about everything when I heard a knock in the door.

“Zayn, please,” I mumbled as a few more tears slid down my eyes. I quickly shoved them away with my hands.

“It’s not Zayn,” A deep, rough voice stated, “I’m opening the door,”

“No!” I yelled, but it was too late.

Harry stopped in his tracks doing a double take as he saw me in my bed. I was in a very sad position. I was sitting in my bed with my knees to my chest, arms wrapped around them and my chin facing the window.

“What’s… wrong… Liam?” Harry frowned and asked slowly, curiously and cautiously. With each syllable he took a step closer.

“Nothing…” I choked out, “Leave please,”

Harry shook his head, “No,” He sat in the edge of my bed and my figure shifted as the bed dipped.

I sighed and changed my position to a crisscrossed position with my elbows in my thighs and my hands acting as support for my chin. I looked at Harry with a bored expression even though I probably looked like a wreck with puffy red eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked even though I knew.

“What happened?” Harry asked. I didn’t know if he was curious or actually concerned.

“Nothing…” I stated and then mumbled under my breath, “It’s not like you care anyways…”

Harry scotched closer, “Yes…” Harry whispered, “I do care Liam… I’m your brother…”

Step brother,”

“Step brother whatever, but you know ever since that day in the orphanage I knew you were my perfect brother that I never had,”

I flinched with the sound of the word orphanage, I hated it. I hated everything about that word, I hated everything about that place, I hated everything about the word orphan in the word orphanage. Besides, just the way that he used it sounded like it was some sort of animal shelter. Like ever since he saw me he knew I was his perfect match? I’m not some dog.

“What’s wrong Liam?” Harry pushed my shoulders, “Stop tensing up, it’s okay, what happened? Did something jog up your memory?”

I didn’t reply.

“It’s Zayn isn’t it?” Harry asked. “What did he do this time? Was he the one that fucked up? Did he do something to you? I knew something would happen!”

I looked at him confused. Did he know? No he didn’t… Wait…

“He did something,” Harry said more to himself than to me.

I looked at him disgusted, why was he talking about his best friend so bad?

“Did he beat someone up?” Harry asked, “I know he didn’t beat you up, thank God,”

I sat quietly and avoided Harry’s hard gaze.

“Who did he beat up?” Harry asked softly.

“No one…” I lied.

“Who was it? C’mon Liam, you can tell me,” Harry whispered.

I looked up at him slowly as if testing if he was going to burn me with his gaze, “My…My…Friend,”

“Why, Liam?” Harry asked. I felt like I was being interviewed at prison and he was trying to pry information off me.

“I…I…” I struggled to find words, “That’s…That’s the problem… I don’t know why…”

Harry stood up and nodded, “Well, I actually came here to tell you we’re going home, but I’ll find out for you,”

I stood up in the blink of an eye and pulled Harry away from the door by holding him down by his shoulders, “No! No, Harry! Please, don’t! Please don’t ask him! Please Harry! I’ll figure it out by myself! Just…Please!”

Harry’s eyes squinted as he looked at me sternly, “...Okay…?”

I relaxed and let go of him, “Thanks….brother…”

“You’re welcome,” Harry patted my shoulder and left he then called, “Pack your bags!”

- - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Hah, most of you were like "wtf??? wtf happened to zayn??" well -breaks out into This Is Me by Demi- tHIS IS REAL THIS IS ZAYN. Okay, wow, um, yeah Zayn used to suffer from anger issues aw my bby. Well, the next chapter is going to be a memory so yup. Remember this is their senior vacation so after vacation ends their going to college. So, they're not in high school just to remind you! :) Okay, well, um idk what else to tell you guys. I'm presenting something on Friday and I have an interview on Saturday afgjkdfgedlk theeeeee nerveeeeeeeees are killing meeeee. Nervouss. Anyways, Liam followed me on Twitter that made my life... Okay, bye. ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.5K 1.6K 11
Liam gets a new step brother. Zayn, being the bad boy he is, makes a bad impression on Liam. Liam just wants to get to know his brother, not be scare...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
3.8K 13 29
What happens when you move in with five boys, one of them being your best friend? What happens when you start to love one of those five boys, only to...
21.5K 303 14
April goes through pretty much everything, her parents both die, and she's sent to an orphanage. She never even dreamed that her cousin would happen...