Curse of agony (Completed)✔️...

由 the_pencil_writer

She's not the chosen one, she is the cursed one. His curse and his redemption. *... 更多

Authors Note + Prologue
Alternate Covers
Character Aesthetics + more blurb
Chapter-1 Thirty day agreement
Chapter-2 Mate
Chapter-3 Pani Puri
Chapter-4 My Wallflower
Chapter-5 Family
Chapter-6 Messing it up
Chapter-7 The torture
Chapter-8 Politics
Chapter-9 New job
Chapter-10 Home
Chapter-11 Eagle and Razor
Chapter-12 Predator
Chapter-13 Overthinking
Chapter-14 The picnic
Chapter-15 More
Chapter-16 One step closer
Chapter-17 It's wrong
Chapter-18 Royal Court
Chapter-19 Killing Machine
Chapter-20 Agony
Chapter-21 First Argument
Chapter-22 Another scent
Chapter-23 Movie date
Chapter-24 Mistake
Chapter-25 Forgotten
Chapter-26 Lost her
Chapter-27 Home?
Chapter-28 Riddles
Chapter-29 My Luke?
Chapter-30 Mine
Chapter-31 Luna or Sofie?
Chapter-32 She knows
Chapter-33 It's a blessing
Chapter-34 Gone
Chapter-35 Broken promises
Chapter-36 Here with me
Chapter-37 Numbness
Chapter-38 Gave up on us
Chapter-39 One step closer
Chapter-40 Loyalty mark
Chapter-41 Past
Chapter-42 We are
Chapter-43 Left
Chapter-44 Miserable me
Chapter-45 Inappropriate
Chapter-46 Luna bear
Chapter-47 Heartbeat
Chapter-48 Pool of blood
Chapter-50 Here with me
Chapter-51 My home
Chapter-52 Reality
Chapter-53 Blood Lust
Chapter-54 Hope
Chapter-55 Leap of faith
Chapter-56 Truth
Chapter-57 His version
Chapter-58 Everything is related
Chapter-59 Run
Chapter-60 Every single lie
Chapter-61 Lies Lies and Lies
Chapter-62 Realization
Chapter-63 Opposites
Chapter-64 Missing key
Chapter-65 Celine
Chapter-66 Dairy Entry - 1
Chapter-67 Dairy Entry -2
Chapter-68 Closer
Chapter-69 Confrontation
Chapter-70 Reunion
Chapter-71 Peace before war
Chapter-72 The battle
Chapter-73 Facing the one
Chapter-74 The End
Epilogue ✿

Chapter-49 Death

74 8 6
由 the_pencil_writer

"Mom, where is dad?" I asked my mom as we gazed at the stars, my arms and legs cuddling her like a koala.

Every Sunday we do that, star gazing where we look for a shooting start to make a wish. So far, I have seen four shooting stars and all the four times, I have said the shooting start that I will ask a wish when I need one.

"Mom," I called her again since she was silent for a long time instead of answering my question.

"What the hell are you doing Luna?" Charlotte's voice boomed in my ears when I looked around, she was nowhere to be found.

I was in a strange surrounding, a dark barren land with dead bodies being burnt on piece of woods. Everything around me was either dead or the left over of the dead.

Where am I?

"Go kill the king," she stood in front of me making me gasp.

How did she come here so fast?

"Else I'll kill Luke," she laughed turning to the side. There he was, my Luke barely alive in a corner.

What did she do?

"Luke," I screamed running towards him as he kept going further and further away from me.

No... No... No...

With a gasp I woke up.

God, what a random dream.

When was the last time I had a nightmare?

Shaking my head, I decided to take a walk around the palace since I know sleep won't come for the next few hours. It was around three in the midnight.

I wonder how's Luke. I miss him. I heard Luke's voice today, my Luke. Carter didn't see me since Luke called him for some emergency. Aurora, Carter and Luke are related in some way which I have no clue about. But if Carter's in palace, then Luke must be in the palace too.

Even though I don't want Luke to find me, a part of me secretly earns to see him, even from a distant. I want to know how the bond feels now that I am myself. Would it be as amazing as I felt when I was a human or would it be better than that?

Holding onto his dream catcher, I smiled at our memories.

Walking through the palace's forest, I heard some rustling noise making me full conscious of my surroundings.

Who is here at this time?

I could smell some strange smell; they are not humans nor were vampires and definitely they don't smell like animals. When I stilled in the place waiting to sense some movement, I felt nothing. I might be imagining it.

Before I could turn, a figure came and stabbed the jasper wood in my stomach and left. I stood at the place not knowing what to do.

How are they so fast? There's no way I wouldn't have known if they were so close to me. What are those things?

My vision started clouding as I felt immense pain surging through me. Even though jasper wood won't kill me, it indeed has the same effect it has on any vampires.

I tried hard to plunge it out of my body but I couldn't. Jasper wood cannot be taken out by a vampire who's been wounded with it. My legs started going numb with my vision going hazy every passing second. It was like I am in some drug that stops all my powers.

That cannot happen when I am plugged with jasper wood. I have been wounded with jasper wood a lot by Charlotte and there hasn't been a single time this happened. This is not just some jasper wood; they've added something else to it.

What the hell is happening?

Are those people working for the king?

If not, who are they and what do they want from me?

Do they know about my real identity?

Darkness, that was all I saw before I let it suck myself into that void.

♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪ ♪♪

My whole body is burning like I'm in some fire, with a groan I woke up to the sight of a strange room. That's when everything came back to me, how I was stabbed with jasper wood. Are those people trying to kill me?

My flight or fight reaction took place, I sat up wanting to escape from this unknown place but instead I winced at the pain surged through my stomach. I felt so weak that I don't think I'll be able to take a step without falling.

When I looked around, I was in some room but what's worse is my face wasn't covered and I was in some hospital robe. There was an IV fluid injected to my hand and a device was calculating my heartbeat. My scar, Luke's heartbeat tattoo, everything was visible to the bare eyes.

Where am I and did this person saved me or is keeping me here as a captive?

Looking around my neck I realized that I still have the dream catcher around and our promise ring is intact in my finger too.

Thank God.

"You are awake," a person came inside with a warm bowl of soup.

When I smelled him, I couldn't sense anything? It was like I lost all my powers.

Who is this guy? Why can't I smell anything? Is he a vampire or a human?

"Calm down, the drug they injected you, it'll take some time to leave your system. Till that you'll not have your powers."

What? How did he know and what drug is he talking about? I was stabbed with jasper wood, not some drug.

"Who are you?"

He gave a small smile and moved the table next to my bed, keeping the warm soup in front of me. On time my stomach growled. God, why am I so hungry?

I wanted to drink the delicious soup in front of me but I cannot take risks. Who knows, he might have even added something in it. Not like it's going to kill me, still.

"Who are you," I asked again glaring him.

"I am a vampire, if that gives you any relief."

Is he serious?

How is that a relief to me? In fact, it's the opposite.

"Who changed my dress?"

"The doctor, don't worry I mean no harm. Now drink, you need food to keep you alive."

I let out a chuckle and hissed at the pain it created on my stomach.

"Yes, you can die, they found the solution, you can die in the hands of those people who stabbed you."

I frowned at his words. What is he trying to say and who are they?

"Drink, I'll explain everything."

Even though I didn't want to, he is right, I need some food in my system to get my energy back. Ever since I woke up, I feel unusually tired. Which shouldn't happen since I am a vampire.

Gulping up the last scoop I looked at him to start speaking.

"Do you need more?"

I shook my head, "I need to know what's happening."

He took the bowl and kept in the night stand. Dragging a chair, he sat next to my bed looking at me with a strange look. That is when I looked at him properly. He was tall, well built and fair but he also looked old enough like a hundred-year-old vampire.

"You are a carbon copy of her," he mumbled to himself.

"Huh?"

"I found you in the forest unconscious, while I was having my morning walk, I heard someone's heartbeat. I thought it was some human left to death by a vampire and when I came there, I found you barely alive, bleeding to death."

"Thankyou and how long was I unconscious?"

"Six days since I took you here. You were unconscious for six days. The doctor checked up on you every day and don't worry you are fine for now."

Wait, what? Aurora must be searching for you. Oh God, everything's going to be messed up when I go back to the palace. And what does he mean by fine for now?

Does he know about my curse?

"You knew?"

Even though it is clear from his words, I wanted it to hear from his mouth.

"That you are cursed and born to kill the king, yes."

I frowned at his words, "Then why?"

"Then why didn't I hand you over to the king? Because there's a bigger problem that needs to be solved. For you guys to kill each other, you need to be alive at the first place. And from the current happenings, I don't you guys will be alive for a long time."

He is definitely blabbering some useless things.

"What are you intending to say?"

"What I am saying is, I need you to work with the king."

I fisted my hands trying to keep my anger in control, "You could've asked me to go surrender myself to the king instead of talking stuff like this."

He took a deep breath, "No I am serious, there's a cult trying to destroy our kind. We need to stop them before they destroy us once for all. They are the one who attacked you and they knew; they've found a way to kill you."

What is he trying to do? I cannot be killed.

As if he heard me, he started to speak. "Yes, you cannot be killed as per the nature but there's always a loophole for everything and they found that way. Trust me, you guys need to stop them before they destroy everything."

I frowned at his words, trying to decipher everything he is telling.

"They were actually trying to kill you, if not for me you would be dead."

Oh my god, if I die, I'll be stuck with Charlotte forever. I definitely don't want that.

"Who are they?"

He shook his head, "Even I have no idea who these people are but all I know is that they aren't humans nor witches nor vampires nor werewolves. They are powerful, something beyond."

"Tell me everything you knew about them."

Then he started, he told me what he knew and how these people were on a killing spree, killing random vampires. He told me how he thinks that they are using some black magic to get their powers, how they can gain more from more sacrifices.

Listening to his words felt like I am listening a horror story. Damn, these unknown guys are terribly powerful.

"What do I need to do?"

"You need to form an alliance with the king. The only way to destroy them." 

A/N: So what do you think?

Did you expect this? 

Who are these unknown cult?

What will happen when Luna meets the king?

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

10.1M 350K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
881K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
4.8K 350 37
*Mature content within* '' Even if it means killing my own mate, I will get my revenge.'' ---- ----- She's the reason that there is an obligated cur...
1K 60 18
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...