Messenger of the Harbingers [...

By Camishire

Y/N L/N - Young and energetic Hydro Catalyst user. In order to escape her old life and arranged marriage, sh... More

𝕀ℕ𝕋ℝ𝕆
𝔸 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓰𝓵𝓲𝓪
𝟙
𝟚
𝟛
𝟜
𝟝 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖)
𝟝 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠)
𝟞
𝟟
𝟠
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓛𝓪 𝓢𝓲𝓰𝓷𝓸𝓻𝓪
𝟙
𝟚
𝟛
A/N
𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔹𝔸𝕃𝕃~ 𝕀ℕ𝕋ℝ𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔹𝔸𝕃𝕃~ 𝕋𝔸ℝ𝕋𝔸𝔾𝕃𝕀𝔸
𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔹𝔸𝕃𝕃~ 𝕃𝔸 𝕊𝕀𝔾ℕ𝕆ℝ𝔸
𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝔸ℕ𝔻 𝔹𝔸𝕃𝕃~ 𝕀𝕝 𝔻𝕆𝕋𝕋𝕆ℝ𝔼
𝟜
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓘𝓵 𝓓𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓮
𝟙
𝟚
𝟛
𝟜 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖)
𝟜 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠)
𝟝
𝟞
𝟟
𝟠
𝟡
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓬𝓱𝓮
𝟙
𝟚
𝟛
𝟜
A/N
𝟝
𝟟 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖)
𝟟 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠)
𝟠
Not a chapter and nothing serious (I'm sorry)
𝟡
𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐚 (𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃) 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏
𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐚 (𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃) 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐
𝐋𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 (𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃)
???
"Wait for me" is officially out!

𝟞

6.6K 240 393
By Camishire

It was now the next day. A day after you went out with Damon for dinner.

The second you were woken up by birds chirping outside your tent, a smile appeared on your face. Yesterday's events were still fresh in your memory and it made you more than happy.

Quickly, you got ready and left your tent, heading towards Scaramouche's location.

As you were passing the training grounds, you noticed how many Fatui agents had already started training. It was quite interesting watching them fight. An idea of training with them sometimes popped into your mind.

Soon, a familiar face caught your attention.

Damon was fighting against the other Fatui agent. He even managed to flip the other man over, which made him laugh in satisfaction.

You smiled to yourself and clapped for Damon, cheering for his victory.

Caught off-guard, the man turned to you and smiled widely, walking up to you.

"- Hey Y/N! How did you sleep?" - Damon asked, now standing right before you.

"- Good, thank you! That was pretty impressive what you did out there, maybe you could teach me some self-defense too?" - you asked, smiling.

Your praise made Damon somewhat flustered.

"- Of course, why not. What would be the suitable time for you?" - He asked.

"- I'm not sure just yet. I still need to finish my tasks for today with Scaramouche. I'll catch you later, okay?" - you asked, starting to walk off.

"- Okay, see you then!" - Damon waved at you with a small smile on his face.

Something about Damon made you feel a little bit fuzzy inside. Maybe you just haven't had a real friend in a while. Nevertheless, it was pretty nice to talk with someone without arguing or getting threatened.

Lost in your thoughts, you made your way towards Scaramouche's tent.

"- Can I come in?" - you asked, at the entry of The Harbinger's tent.

"- Hurry up." - you heard Scaramouche speak.

With the given permission, you entered the tent.

The Harbinger was once again sitting at his table filled with documents, with a frown on his face.

By now you were pretty used to Scaramouche's emotions. You were able to tell when he was mad and when he was somewhat neutral.

Today was one of his bad days.

"- Can you stop lazing around for once and get here at the right time? Maybe if you would stop talking to those random underlings, you could come to work without being late." - he scoffed.

You rolled your eyes.

You were not late. Not even a minute late. Scaramouche just needed to direct his anger somewhere.

"- What are we going to be doing today?" - you asked, changing the topic.

But Scaramouche did not seem to be happy about your question, nor did he want to change the topic.

"- Underlings like you shouldn't ask such things. I did not permit you to act like this." - he growled.

Now you were getting annoyed. What has gotten into him?

"- Did something happen? Why are you acting like this?" - you asked, coming closer to The Harbinger.

Suddenly, Scaramouche smashed the documents he was holding in his hands on the table and looked straight into your eye.

"- Oh, wouldn't you like to know? So you could go around and tell everyone how cruel and delusional of a Harbinger I am?" - he spat out.

You were shocked. What was he talking about?

Sure, yesterday, while out with Damon, you did talk about Scaramouche. But not even a single time did you mention him with a bad word.

Scaramouche stood up, still looking at you.

"- Go on, tell your friend about how I shouted at you. Tell him how much of a nuisance I am. See if I care." - he laughed.

At that moment you felt something inside of you snap.

"- What has gotten into you?! I thought that everything is fine between us now, so what did I do to make you upset again? Okay, I'm sorry if I was late, but for god's sake, can we please solve this like normal human beings?"- you facepalmed.

Silence.

After you snapped back, all that was left was silence.

Both you and The Harbinger were staring at each other with questioning looks on your faces.

Scaramouche was the first one to blink.

"- ...Leave. I'll inform you on your next mission shortly." - he said somewhat calmly.

With a nod, you turned around and left.

You were somewhat satisfied with the outcome of the bickering. It could have ended much worse, but it seemed like Scaramouche understood that he was being a little bit dramatic.

You noticed Damon sitting at one of the benches, a water bottle in his hands. Swiftly, you ran up to him and sat next to him.

"- Already tired? Pfft, I bet I could take on ten of you at the same time." - you dramatically sighed.

You smiled at your own words. If you were being honest, you wouldn't be able to fight even one agent.

Damon turned to you with a surprised look on his face.

"- You're back so fast? Are you finished with your work for today?" - he asked.

"- Nope. I'm just waiting for Scaramouche to assign me a task." - you answered.

You decided to not tell Damon about what has happened. Scaramouche sounded like he was unintentionally paranoid about what you talk about him with the others.

You noticed how the chatter of other agents has gotten quieter.

As you looked around, you noticed Scaramouche walking towards you.

Upon seeing Damon, The Harbinger's eyes darkened.

Both you and Damon stood up. The Fatui agent lowered his head, paying his respect.

As Scaramouche made his way to you, he extended you an envelope in his right hand.

"- Deliver this to Kojou clan representatives. This is your task for today. Get going." - he commanded shortly with a nod of his head.

Upon nodding back at him, you waved to Damon and left the campsite, towards the city.

Upon watching you leave, Scaramouche turned to Damon, which was now right in front of him.

The delivery of the letter took longer than expected. You had to wait almost an hour at the Kojou Clan headquarters for the representatives to show up, as they were attending the meeting and weren't able to meet you sooner.

By the time you returned, the sky had already turned orange. You were exhausted and felt your legs hurt.

You wanted to see if Damon had finished his training for the day. Maybe he wanted to hang out.

You decided to look for him at the training grounds, as they were on your way towards Scaramouche's tent.

But he wasn't there.

Some of the new recruits were getting ready to leave for the night. You decided to ask them.

"- Hey, have any of you seen Damon?" - you asked, approaching the small group of the agents.

All of them only shrugged, as they all seemed to think for a moment.

"- Try looking for him in the seventh tent. He and his friends usually hang out there." - one of them suggested.

With a smile and a thank you, you quickly made your way towards the mentioned tent. Upon entering, you saw every one of Damon's friends, except for Damon himself.

All of the guys were there during the first incident at the camp when Scaramouche almost killed Damon.

"- Hey guys. Have any of you seen Damon?" - you asked.

All of them seemed to be somewhat surprised, but they all were quiet.

"- Haven't you heard? He was... promoted." - One of the agents said.

"- What?.." - you asked, confused.

"- This morning, he was promoted from a trainee to a real agent. He was sent to Sumeru to start working right away." - the same agent explained.

"- I still don't believe it... It all happened so fast. He could have at least said goodbye..." - another agent commented.

"- I heard from the other recruits that he didn't even have time to prepare, as he was sent to Sumeru in a matter of a few minutes. The Harbinger himself brought him the news." - the third agent added.

You felt your breath hitch.

Scaramouche.

Damon...

What did he do to him?

"- T-thank you. I must go now." - you said, before rushing out of the tent, towards Scaramouche's tent.

At the entrance, you fixed your hair, so it wouldn't look like you have run all the way here.

"- May I enter?" - you asked.

"- Come in." - Scaramouche answered.

Scaramouche was currently inspecting the map.

"- Did you deliver the letter? And what took you so long?" - he asked.

You took a deep breath.

"- They made me wait, as they were attending some kind of meeting. And yes, I did deliver it." - you answered.

"- Pathetic. I never liked them. They seem incompetent." - Scaramouche scoffed.

You only nodded. You wanted to ask about what he did to Damon, but you couldn't just bring it up.

"- And what did you do today?.." - you asked, hesitantly.

After a few seconds of a short silence, Scaramouche answered.

"- Tsaritsa requested some new agents to send to Sumeru. I sent a few of them away." - he answered plainly.

Your facial expression turned somewhat sad, and it did not go unnoticed by Scaramouche.

The Harbinger sighed, as he turned to you and leaned against the table.

"- He asked me to wish you all the best of luck and that someday both of you will meet again... Jeez, so cheesy." - Scaramouche rolled his eyes.

But the way your eyes lit up made Scaramouche feel somewhat... unusual.

"- O-oh! Okay, thank you!" - you chirped.

You believed that Damon was alright and that he is going to be an amazing Fatui agent. The thought of meeting him again someday made you feel just a little bit happier.

You got snapped out of your thoughts by Scaramouche coughing.

The Harbinger gestured towards the other table, with food on it. It made your mouth water.

"- Why don't we celebrate your... friends... success?" - he said the word "friend" with a cringe in his voice.

You only laughed at his actions, as both of you sat at the table.

You truly wanted to believe that Damon was alright. He is strong, he is going to reach a lot in his life. With his charming looks and personality, he was sure to be the best at everything.

Maybe your friendship with Damon was cut short, but you believed that someday you'll meet him again.

A/N

Heya!

I'm terribly sorry for taking TWO WEEKS without writing. It's just that I usually write on weekends', and on both weekends' I was quite busy.

I must admit, that updates might be rare. I'll probably start working on my '3D animation' school project, which I can't wait to present to you all. (I still need to get a permission for my idea, as it's, well... Not... very family-friendly)

But I promise to finish this book. I already have everything planned out, I just need to write it.

I hope you all liked this chapter! Until the next time! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 974 32
Hello, This is my first book, so please don't be to harsh. This book is about Y/N, and her journey through Tayvat. Y/N is female. I do not own an...
1.6K 55 21
PSEUDOLOGIA FANTÁSTICA A slow burn love story, "This girl...she's straight out of my fantasies..." Scaramouche has obliged to work with Y/n but he d...
1K 121 19
When the young girl from a wealthy Inazuman clan's branch in Liyue gets her vision, things do not go according to plan. A series of events end up lea...
25.2K 611 42
You are a traveler, traveling through distant lands, seeking for every new adventure that encounters your path. Until one day, when you meet him... T...