𝟠

Teucer leaving was surely something you'll remember for a while.

The little boy didn't want to leave. He rarely gets to see his older brother and he misses him. Apart from spending time with his big bro, Teucer seemed to enjoy your company a little bit too much.

The morning Teucer was supposed to leave, he wouldn't stop holding onto your hand as his eyes were glossy.

"- Y/N, promise me that you'll come to visit soon!" - would cry Teucer.

Who are you to say no to him? Besides, Tartaglia wasn't helping the situation either.

"- Of course she will come to visit us, Teucer. They're my little assistant, after all." - Childe would smirk.

It was already hard for you to deal with the idea of you leaving in just a week, so why do they have to make it so hard?

Teucer left on a private Fatui ship. He was accompanied by 5 Fatui agents. Yes, five. If something were to happen to Teucer, you were sure that Tartaglia would slaughter everyone below the rank of the Harbinger.

As you and Childe waved Teucer goodbye, while the ship seemed to disappear in the horizon, Tartaglia's hand snaked around you and now he was holding you by the waist. As the ship seemed to completely disappear, you both went quiet... What now?

Suddenly, Tartaglia's grip on your waist tightened, as you turned to him.

He was already looking at you. Shortly, he spoke.

"- Remember our first week? When I promised to show you around Liyue, but we never really had the chance to do that?.. How about for our last week I fulfilled my promise, hm?" - He spoke.

"- But what about the missions? Don't we have anything to do this week?" - you questioned. Surely we would be given a new mission, it's the Fatui, after all.

Tartaglia only seemed to laugh at your question.

"- No, we don't. You see... I sent a request to Tsaritsa to not give me any missions for a week... Surprisingly, she accepted my request!" - beamed Childe.

"- W-what? But why? Did something happen? Are you traveling somewhere for the week? Is someone in danger?" - you overflowed Tartaglia with questions.

"- No, silly. I just wanted to spend some time with you without having to attend any kind of Fatui matters." - he simply answered, as he took your left hand into his right one and kissed it.

Once again, you were too flustered to speak as butterflies were filling your stomach. It seemed that Tartaglia enjoyed having that kind of effect on you.

Tartaglia fulfilled his promise, as for the whole week he showed you around Liyue, taking you to visit various places while stopping at unique restaurants and even preparing picnics. Every single day he'd come up with something new and exciting. Each moment you spent together seemed like a dream come true. Oh, how it hurt to count the days until you had to leave. While you seemed to be anxious from time to time, Tartaglia's smile never faltered from his face. He didn't seem worried at all, but little did you know...

Tartaglia was broken. Why did you have to leave him so soon? Was there anything he could do?

When he sent a request for a week off from work, he also requested Tsaritsa to assign you as his permanent assistant. He didn't tell you about this, of course, as his request got turned down. Words in Tsaritsa's letter were as clear as day :

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐛. 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐚. 𝐀𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭. 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲.