𝟟 (𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖)

With Damon out of view, Scaramouche felt as if it was his responsibility to entertain you. Your relationship with The Harbinger was surprisingly going well. Of course, he would never miss an opportunity to make fun of you or throw all kinds of snarky remarks, but by now you understood that his words had no venom involved. Therefore, you let his insults slide.

Unless you would decide to bicker back at The Harbinger.

Which would usually end up with both of you spouting the most ridiculous insults at each other.

It all felt like an innocent game that helped you push your time here, and it did.

It was now the third week with Scaramouche.

Upon following each Harbinger's step, you started to understand him much better. In work matters, he didn't even have to give you proper orders - you already knew what information you had to gather and it satisfied both you and Scaramouche.

Talking about more personal matters - The Harbinger was grateful. Sometimes, even a comfortable silence between the two of you was all that he needed. It was like a recharge for him after a long day watching the recruits train and spouting commands left and right.

But it was not always silent. As an educated Harbinger, Scaramouche liked to theorize about many things. At first, he did not let you in on his theories, but after some time it was a common activity of your free time - listening to Scaramouche talk about various things.

Especially during late afternoons, when his voice was so soothing and the couch you were sitting on was so comfortable. Unintentionally, you'd end up falling asleep.

It was a surprise, how you'd always end up waking up in your tent, your bed, all tucked in.

You could only assume that Scaramouche would carry you sleeping all the way to your tent, but you did not question him about it, as you did not want to make things awkward.

And so, your time with Scaramouche started flying by pretty fast.

It was now the middle of your third week with The Harbinger.

Upon bringing some morning coffee for Scaramouche, you took a seat at his work table and watched him work. After a few minutes, The Harbinger scoffed.

"- Can you stop staring? I mean, I understand that I'm amazing and all that, but please, keep your fantasies to yourself and stop burning holes into me with your stare."

You only laughed, as you stood up, walked around the table, and stopped next to The Harbinger, which was now lazily looking directly at you.

"- Sorry, sorry. What is our task for today, oh-so-amazing Harbinger?" - you asked, chuckling and looking down at the documents in front of Scaramouche.

The Harbinger rolled his eyes at your nickname as he turned back to the papers in front of him.

"- You need to gather some maps from the library. Make sure that they are of quality, as Her Highness requested some well-written reports about the surroundings and land." - Scaramouche answered plainly.

You only nodded, as you started to make your way towards the exit of the tent.

"- Okay, guess I'll just go there straight away-"

"- Wait." - Scaramouche cut you off, as he stood up and made his way towards his bed. On the bed, there was a plain box. Upon opening it, the Harbinger took out a package that was neatly wrapped in red sparkly paper, with a white bow on it.

The Harbinger looked you dead in the eye, as he made his way towards you and pushed the package into your hands.

"- Take this. I don't want you walking around with the flu and sneezing on me during this season." - The Harbinger scoffed as he crossed his now free hands and turned away from you.