𝟟

It has officially been a whole day since Teucer has been staying with Tartaglia. While the little one was sleeping in Childes' bedroom, you and Tartaglia were making honey buns in the kitchen. After all, Teucer got both of you super tired and this was the first moment you two could spend alone together. Who knew that he could be such an energetic child? Or maybe you shouldn't be surprised, he was Tartaglia's sibling, after all.

"- So... What are you planning to do with your little brother? Are you going to let him stay here?" - you asked out of curiosity.

Childe only laughed.

"- As much as I'd love that, I believe it's not possible. I can't watch him all the time. Besides, I got assigned to train the new recruits this week. It would be dangerous to take him with me, and... He doesn't know who I am..." - trailed off Tartaglia.

Ah, that's right. In his little brother's eyes, Tartaglia is a famous toymaker who travels all around the world while making and selling all kinds of toys. Both of you thought that it might be best to hide the truth from him for now. Teucer is pretty young, he doesn't need to know how dark and cruel this world can be.

"- I think I'm going to assign one of the agents to get him back home safely tomorrow." - Tartaglia spoke.

"- But you want to stay with him for a bit longer, don't you?" - you asked, with a smile.

"- Of course I do, is that even a question?" - he chuckled.

As he looked at you, he saw a sly smirk plastered on your face.

"- Ohoho? Do you have something in mind?" - Tartaglia laughed while coming closer to you.

"- Well... Since you're going to be busy and we all know that our 'most amazing Harbinger' is a softie for his little brother, how about I take care of him for you while you're off at work? After your work, you could come back to Teucer waiting for you! That way you can also spend time with him! How does that sound?" - you chirped everything in a single breath.

Tartaglia was staring at you with his eyes wide as his smile grew even wider. Suddenly, he trapped you in a hug and lifted you, spinning you around.

"- You're not kidding? You're serious? You'd do that for me? Teucer can be a lot to take care of, you know. It's not too late to take your words back." - Childe beamed as he put you back on the ground, while his hands stayed on your waist.

"- Oh c'mon, you and Teucer aren't so different. It's just that one of you is an actual child, while the other is all grown up, but still acts like a child." - you joked.

Both of you laughed, but as the laughter started to quiet down, you two stared into each other's eyes. What were mere seconds, felt like hours. You noticed Tartaglia starting to lean in. Was he?.. Was he about to kiss you?

He looked a bit hesitant at first, but as you didn't move back, he just smiled and decided to go for it.

Everything felt like it was happening in slow motion. You could almost feel Tartaglia's lips on yours, they were just a few centimeters away, just one more second and-

"- Big brother! Y/N! I'm awake! Let's go-... What are you doing?" - Teucer appeared from Tartaglia's room.

At a lightning speed, both you and Childe jumped away from each other with red faces and tried your best to play it off.

"- T-Teucer, buddy! I was just helping Y/N to make their famous honey buns for you! Trust me when I tell you that they're suuuper tasty!"- Tartaglia spoke as he picked up his little brother.

Screw Childe and his ability to get out of sticky situations, you wanted to see him fully flustered and out of words for at least once in your life. Is that too much to ask?

As Teucer was eating the buns that you made, both you and Tartaglia were cleaning up the kitchen. How were you supposed to feel about that failed kiss? Childe seemed awfully quiet and it made you more than nervous. Why can't he just talk about something, like he always does? God, this man is going to be the end of you.

"- I really can't get you out of my mind, you know?.. No, but really... Thank you, for everything you've done." - Tartaglia spoke quietly.

You blushed at his honest words.

"- It's nothing. Besides, what would you do without someone as amazing as me?" - you grinned.

To that, Tartaglia only laughed.

You had less than 2 weeks left with Tartaglia, which made your heart ache. You didn't want to leave him. Not now, not ever. He showed you kindness and was always there for you. It felt wrong to get separated. The cruel part about all of this is that you couldn't change anything. There were still 10 Harbingers left beside him, which means that you'd have to wait at least 10 more months before getting assigned to him again.

If you can't change anything, at least make the best of the time you have left.

And that's what you did. Well, tried to.

The whole week went by pretty fast. While you were showing Teucer around Liyue and playing with him, Tartaglia was training new recruits. At the end of the day, Tartaglia would come back to both of you with various stories he'd come up with on his way back to the hotel. To Teucer, those stories were magical and amazing, while you tried your best to hold back your laughter.

The whole week went by just like that. Of course, you wished that you could spend more time with Tartaglia, but spending time with Teucer wasn't that bad. He mentioned that when he grows up, he wants to be just like his brother. That would make you only wonder what would be Teucer's reaction when he figures out the truth. But it doesn't matter right now. You and Tartaglia did everything to prevent that from happening.

It was the night before Teucer was going to be returned to Snezhnaya. Teucer seemed to be extremely tired that day, as he fell asleep right next to you, as you were reading a book on the couch. His head was leaning on your shoulder. You tried moving him to bed, but he insisted that he wanted to sleep next to you.

As Tartaglia burst through the door, you quickly put your finger to your lips signaling him to quiet down. As Childe noticed Teucer sleeping next to you, his heart skipped a beat.

...

The picture of you and Teucer sleeping next to you, lit up a strange feeling in him. And then he realised - now you were a part of his family.

He took the whole picture into his memory as he slowly and quietly approached you. As he got close, he leaned down and kissed Teucers forehead. You were probably staring at Tartaglia because as he looked at you, he gave you a sly smirk.

And then, he gave you a forehead kiss too.

"- I can't leave my little assistant without a reward, hm?" - he spoke quietly.

You didn't answer. You were surprised by his actions as you looked back down into your book trying to hide your face that was getting red.

"- Are you hungry?" - you asked flustered.

"- No, I'm fine. I had lunch pretty late today as there were even more new recruits." - he sighed as he sat next to you, on the other side than Teucer was sleeping on.

As he laid his head on your shoulder, he hugged your waist with both of his hands.

"- Don't tell me you're planning to sleep here too." - you sighed.

"- And what if I am?" - Tartaglia answered as he snuggled deeper into the crook of your neck.

The last night of Teucer's stay was comfortable, as three of you slept all cuddled up.

You never wanted this moment to end.

Unfortunately, the next day signaled your last week with Tartaglia.