𝟞

It was now the next day. A day after you went out with Damon for dinner.

The second you were woken up by birds chirping outside your tent, a smile appeared on your face. Yesterday's events were still fresh in your memory and it made you more than happy.

Quickly, you got ready and left your tent, heading towards Scaramouche's location.

As you were passing the training grounds, you noticed how many Fatui agents had already started training. It was quite interesting watching them fight. An idea of training with them sometimes popped into your mind.

Soon, a familiar face caught your attention.

Damon was fighting against the other Fatui agent. He even managed to flip the other man over, which made him laugh in satisfaction.

You smiled to yourself and clapped for Damon, cheering for his victory.

Caught off-guard, the man turned to you and smiled widely, walking up to you.

"- Hey Y/N! How did you sleep?" - Damon asked, now standing right before you.

"- Good, thank you! That was pretty impressive what you did out there, maybe you could teach me some self-defense too?" - you asked, smiling.

Your praise made Damon somewhat flustered.

"- Of course, why not. What would be the suitable time for you?" - He asked.

"- I'm not sure just yet. I still need to finish my tasks for today with Scaramouche. I'll catch you later, okay?" - you asked, starting to walk off.

"- Okay, see you then!" - Damon waved at you with a small smile on his face.

Something about Damon made you feel a little bit fuzzy inside. Maybe you just haven't had a real friend in a while. Nevertheless, it was pretty nice to talk with someone without arguing or getting threatened.

Lost in your thoughts, you made your way towards Scaramouche's tent.

"- Can I come in?" - you asked, at the entry of The Harbinger's tent.

"- Hurry up." - you heard Scaramouche speak.

With the given permission, you entered the tent.

The Harbinger was once again sitting at his table filled with documents, with a frown on his face.

By now you were pretty used to Scaramouche's emotions. You were able to tell when he was mad and when he was somewhat neutral.

Today was one of his bad days.

"- Can you stop lazing around for once and get here at the right time? Maybe if you would stop talking to those random underlings, you could come to work without being late." - he scoffed.

You rolled your eyes.

You were not late. Not even a minute late. Scaramouche just needed to direct his anger somewhere.

"- What are we going to be doing today?" - you asked, changing the topic.

But Scaramouche did not seem to be happy about your question, nor did he want to change the topic.

"- Underlings like you shouldn't ask such things. I did not permit you to act like this." - he growled.

Now you were getting annoyed. What has gotten into him?

"- Did something happen? Why are you acting like this?" - you asked, coming closer to The Harbinger.

Suddenly, Scaramouche smashed the documents he was holding in his hands on the table and looked straight into your eye.