Stay - Bucky x Reader

By MarvelDork005

Steve brings in a new recruit one day who seems to have a problem with anything and everything, including you... More

Backstory + Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Edit for part 32
Part 33
Part 34
The Wedding
Part 35
Part 36 ~ Final Part

Part 20

2.2K 48 17
By MarvelDork005

You broke the kiss and smiled at him. He returned the smile. "Tonight, 7PM. You and me. I'll pick you up from your room." He said, smirking the entire time.

"It's a date." You responded.

"Okay now go get ready. I have things to do and plan." He shooed you away, back into your room. You laughed and shook your head as you closed your door.

"J. What time is it?" You asked the AI.

"It is currently 5:37 pm Miss Y/l/n." Jarvis responded.

"Set a reminder for 6:55 pm please."

"Reminder set, Miss."

"Thanks." You replied.

You went into your bathroom and did your hair and makeup. For your hair you curled it loosely and for your makeup you did a natural look with winged eyeliner and a nude lipstick.

You hurried into your closet and looked through what you had to wear. You tried on a few different outfits but none of them worked. The last one you tried on was perfect for the occasion. It was a white floral dress that looked like this:

You put on a pair of white heels to match.

"Miss Y/l/n, it is 6:55 pm. Mr. Barnes is on his way to your room now." Jarvis informed.

"Thanks J."

You hurrily put on the necklace Loki got you, a silver bracelet to match, and a few rings.

There was a knock at your door. You walked over and opened it, revealing Bucky in a charcoal gray, button up, dress shirt, black dress pants, with a matching suit jacket and leather gloves.

"You look amazing, Doll." Bucky complimented.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Buckaroo."

He laughed at the new nickname and blushed a little at your compliment.

"Is that a blush I see? Did I just make Sargent Barnes blush?" you teased.

"I have no idea what your talking about." He cleared his throat.

"You know you don't have to hide your arm around me right? You don't have to wear those gloves if you don't want to.

"I know. I just don't know how the public will react to it." He said.

"Well if they say anything dumb I'll kick their asses." You teased. Bucky laughed. He took his gloves off and gave them to you. You put them in your bag, just in case he would want them at some point.

"Shall we?" He held out his arm. You grabbed your bag and phone and placed your hand in the crook of his arm.

"Lead the way Buckaroo! Happy! Me and Bucky are leaving!" You yelled.

"Where are you going?!" Happy yelled back.

"Out! We'll be fine! Go flirt with Peter's aunt or something to pass the time!"

"Don't do anything stupid!" He ordered.

"No promises!"

You ran out to the garage with Bucky, he walked over to one of the cars and opened your door for you. You got in and he shut the door. He quickly got into the driver's seat, started the car, and took off.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" You asked.

"Nope." He responded, his eyes focused on the road.

"Pleeeeeease." You whined.

"Nope. Its a surprise." He looked at you ans you pouted. He smirked.

Bucky pulled up to a fancy restaurant and helped you out of the car. He handed the keys to the Valet and led you inside of the restart. Your hand was rested in the crook of his arm again as you walked in. The restaurant was dim, each table had a white tablecloth with a vase of red roses and two candles as a centerpiece.

"Bucky this place is beautiful!" You exclaimed.

"It's one of the very few places I know around here." He replied as you walked up to the hostess.

"Name on the reservation?" The hostess  asked.

"Barnes." Bucky responded.

"Barnes, party of two, right this way." The hostess led you to your table and handed you the menus. "If you need anything my name is Angelique don't be afraid to ask for me." She informed.

"Thank you." Bucky responded and gave her a small smile.

You ordered and your food came out shortly after. It was delicious. Bucky paid for and helped you back into the car. He got back in the driver's seat and started to drive to the next location.

"Will you tell me where we're going now?" You asked anxiously.

"Nope." He responded firmly.

"Fine."

A few minutes later Bucky pull into a parking lot and helped you out of the car.  You rested your hand back on his arm and walked into the small building with him. Your eyes widened at the sight of what was inside.

"I can't dance." You whispered in Bucky's ear.

"Sure you can! Come on, Doll!" He replied, his face lighting up as he spoke.

You rested your hands on the back of his neck as he rested his on your waist. You both started swaying to the music. He spun you around and pulled you back into a kiss. You danced for another hour or two when Bucky told you their was one last stop.

He opened your door for you once again and helped you in the car. He drove off to the next location.

"Okay Doll. This is the last stop. But we're gonna have to walk a little." He informed.

"Okay." You replied and took his hand as he helped helped out of the car. "You know you don't have to do that everytime we get in and out of the car right?" You teased.

"Yes. I am well aware of that. But I want to so deal with it." He laughed.

You both walked for a few minutes before your reached your final stop. Bucky put his hands over your eyes before you could see what it was.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes!" You exclaimed.

Bucky removed his hands from your eyes and took your hand again.

"Woaaaah!" You said like a little kid. You saw a blanket and pillows laid down on the ground with snacks and drinks. There were string lights hung up around the little area which looked over the city.

"Do you like it?" Bucky asked.

"Definitely! It's amazing!" You cheered.

You sat down on the blanket next to Bucky and admired the city that seemed so far away from up  where you were.

A cool breeze sent chills down your spine. Bucky noticed and draped his jacket over your shoulders.

"Thanks." You smiled.

"Anytime, Doll." He returned the smile.

You laid down on the blanket as did Bucky. You cuddled up close to him and rested your head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your head. You laid there for another hour just watching the stars.

"Doll, it's getting late. We should go back to the Compound." He said as he realized you were starting to fall asleep on him.

"Okay." You said sleepily.

You walked back to the car and Bucky drove you back to the Compound. When you arrived you went up to your room and changed into a hoodie and leggings. Bucky changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Bucky asked.

"Sure!" You replied.

You walked into his room and laid down next to him on the bed. He turned on a movie. After about half an hour, Bucky fell asleep while holding you in his arms. You smiled and drifted off to sleep shortly after.

PART 21 COMING SOON...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 1.2K 44
Book two, following on from Somewhere Along the way. Y/N has just been saved from Hydra, but has the dreams she has been having play a bigger tale t...
19.8K 299 23
After Tony and the rest of the avengers had found you laying in a forest with barely any memories of your previous life, you became an avenger yourse...
8K 249 46
Your loyal to Hydra always have probably always will be. It all changed when you thought it'd be a normal day but isn't when the base is under attack...
320K 7.5K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...