Here Forever || Oumasai

By ha_oyasumi

|| New to the office, Shuichi Saihara is nervous to be working together with talented detectives. He spends a... More

Moving day
New neighbor
Rice balls
Sweaty hands
Foothill
Summer heat
A job like this
My hero
Consolidation
Let me show you
Assurance
Five hours
Adulting
Comprehension
Introduce yourself
Not a kiss
Into submission
Lump in my throat

Threat

1.6K 62 133
By ha_oyasumi

Chapter 16

|||

My hands felt clammy and my heartbeat seemed to race.

Why did I do this? I can't even communicate with my co-workers without stuttering, how did I plan on introducing myself to however many viewers Kokichi has?

But as the chat flooded with "Nice to meet you"'s and "Hello Shuichi!!!!"'s, my heartbeat calmed and I could breathe again.

"Tell them about yourself, Shumai," Kokichi said, moving his chair over slightly so I could get further into frame.

"Well, uh, I- I'm Kokichi's.. neighbor, and uh- I like detective shows," I said, unsure of what he actually wanted me to say.

I scanned the chat quickly, hoping I didn't mess up.

'WHYD HE HESITATE SAYING NEIGJBOR OMG'

'I thought they were dating tbh'
  |'even if they were dating, that wouldn't be any of our business!!'
    |'good point'

'I love gay people'

'Sorry guys my mom is telling me to clean my room'

Well, whatever the chat was talking about, it wasn't my introduction, which was a relief.

"Shumai, sit here," Kokichi said, getting up from his chair.

"Huh? But that's your chair-"

"I'm getting another one!" He yelled while walking away.

I sighed and took his seat.

He left me alone... with the stream.

"Hey chat," I greeted, awkwardly, "How's everyone's day been?"

'GREAT!!'

'terrible, but this stream is cheering me up'

'HOW WAS YOURS MR NEIGHBOR'

"I hope it was alright. And if it wasn't, I hope it gets better," I said, smiling, trying to seem as if I weren't currently close to crying.

How does Kokichi do this? Thousands of people watching you and only you while you entertain them.

Well, that does sound like something he'd enjoy.

"I'm back!" Kokichi yelled, placing a chair beside me.

I wondered if he wanted his swirly chair back, but he sat down before I could question it.

Though as soon as he sat down, he lifted his legs and rested them on my lap.

Well, under the table, that is.

I peeped at the screen, noticing it wasn't visible on stream.

What is his plan?

"I think... we should do a you laugh you lose. With punishments. What do you guys think," Kokichi suggests.

'GREAT IDEA'

'YES'

'sure'

'WHAT KIND OF PUNISHMENTS HUHUHU'

"'What kind of punishments?'," Kokichi read the question outloud and then turned to me.

"What do you think?"

"Well, I don't even know the rules so..." I muttered.

"Oh yeah! Well, people can donate and then send a video, the video plays and we have to try not to laugh. Let's say we get.. 3 lives for now, and for punishments..  a big gulp out of this family friendly bottle," Kokichi explains, then pulls out the bottle he filled with vodka.

'Family friendly lolol'

'What's in the bottle...'
   |'haha i can guess hahaha'

'Sounds good sounds good'

"Alright! Then it's settled! Get comfy, Shumai, cause' I'm pretty good at not laughing," Kokichi clapped his hands, then pulled the chair I sat on closer to him, letting his legs dangle off of mine.

And so it started.

Honestly, Kokichi's fans were.. well, some of them were funny, sending funny videos and what not, but then there were ones who would just send earrape videos and similar less entertaining and more painful videos.

Ten minutes into the challenge, Kokichi leaned forward towards the screen, "Guys, mods, can we try getting a little less of the cringe funny and a little more of the funny funny?" Kokichi asked, with a slightly annoyed smile on his face.

A bunch of saluting emojis that looked like a cartoon version of Kokichi spammed the chat.

And from then on, it definitely got harder.

I assume people who remembered what I said in my introduction targeted me with detective related videos.

For awhile I thought I would be the one to lose a life first, but it was in fact Kokichi.

But what I didn't realize, is that Kokichi kicks when he laughs.

And he kicks hard.

It's like, the harder he laughs, the more force he puts into his kicks.

And of course, with his legs laid on my lap, I became a victim of said kicks.

Even though he was the one who lost, I felt like I was the one being punished for it.

Kokichi took two big gulps out of the bottle, despite only needing to take one, and wiped his mouth.

"Let's continue!" He yelled.

And so we did.

Honestly, I think I was born to do this.

Nothing made me crack, maybe it was just because these videos weren't really my humor, or maybe I was just a natural.

"Come to think of it, I've never seen you like, fully laugh, you know?" Kokichi said in between videos.

"Oh, I don't actually remember the last time I did," I responded in full honesty.

Kokichis face straightened.

"Chat, we must change this," he turned towards the camera.

"Please be funny, chat, if you can get him to laugh I will literally gift 50 subs to you all."

Kokichi was set on making me laugh. I appreciated it, despite not knowing why exactly.

But Kokichi, despite his keenness, failed before I did.

And he kicked me hard in the leg, and the table, causing me to flinch.

"Oops, sorry," he grinned, spinning his legs off of me.

"One more life left!"

He took a swig of the liquid.

Oh God, when will this end.

That's what I thought, not actually expecting it to take fifteen minutes for him to lose his last life.

"Alright then, chat, I think that's it for today."

He said his goodbyes, I waved, and Kokichi turned off the stream.

"Easy money!" Kokichi cheered.

Well, he was right, people pay money to show him funny videos to make him laugh, that really is easy money.

I would never understand that concept.

"Thanks for streaming with me, Shumai," Kokichi said, giving me what I hoped was a genuine smile.

"It was fun," I nodded.

"Oh come on, you saw some of those video, I mean, I'd had hoped my humor had rubbed off a little on them, but those were just.. well, just..."

The way he spoke of his 'fans' was like a parent talking of their toddlers finger painting christmas present.

Grateful, yet let down?

"Some of them were good though," I added.

"But you didn't laugh at any of them!"

I shrugged.

"I'll make you laugh one day, Shumai, when you least expect it."

That sounded more like a threat.

|||

hi g hi guys... teehee. sorry for not updating in ages.

i was in hospital for awhile and then got a superinfection after having a different infection, so yeah fun times. also my cat died and that is not fun times.

anyways those are just my excuses, i hope you enjoyed this chapter, maybe ill update within the next... few.. months... hopefully less

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 578 25
Shuichi has had the biggest crush on Kokichi for ages, but has been mentally scarred from his previous experiences of life. Kokichi on the other hand...
71.8K 1.6K 14
Kokichi Ouma. A boy who always gets a high score in every test, but one day he starts acting weird. Shuichi Saihara. Someone who gets normal grades...
48.7K 1.9K 22
Kokichi Ouma is the leader of one of the most wanted organizations in Tokyo known as D.I.C.E; Shuichi Saihara is a young, but very successful detecti...
124K 3.4K 46
Kokichi has a split personality, in which he can't control. Shuichi is oblivious of the fact, so he and other classmates think he is just evil for th...