Being a Banner [ 1 of JA ]

By kerrywritesbooks

I didn't know what to think. Dad was gone, and this monster was here to replace him. An angry monster with ex... More

1/
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
Epilogue
Cast/ Author's Note: to be written
Another Book Note: to be written

66

521 24 1
By kerrywritesbooks

The roars get louder, they sound neither human nor animal. Well, that's a good tip to finding a Hulk. Anyways, I dodge rubble and rock pieces bigger than me. Yep, they've been here. Then an earsplitting roar shook the air. I look to a northwest and see two Hulks fighting. My eyes widen, mouth open in shock as they fight. Both Hulks have their arms on each other's shoulders. They hold each other back like that.
"Go Dad! Kick his butt!" I cry. Abomination turns his attention to me. I see a crooked smile, then Dad punches him, but Abomination pushes Dad away. Abomination looks at me, his teeth look all yellow and scary. Then he bolts towards me.
"Oh shi-" Abomination charges at me as I run. But he slides in front of me and blocks me. I fall and run back towards where Dad is suppose to be.

I trip over my left foot and fall flat on the ground. I turn over and Abomination is right there. He snarls with a smile, and raises his fist. I scream as loud as I can as his fist launches towards me. I close my eyes, and then I hear some kind of a thump. I open my eyes to see a giant green fist and Abomination's fist together, then another green hand take Abomination's fist, and hurl him to the left, possibly crashing into a building. I look up to see Dad. I then get up off the ground and slowly look up to Dad. It's silence besides the sound of fire burning. Dad breathes heavy, and so do I. We hear the noise of rubble being moved, I look to see its Abomination rebounding to be back in the fight. My head turns back to Dad, and I look him in the eyes.
"Dad," I say. "Smash."

Dad actually gives me a smile. Then I run behind him and straight back as I hear more fighting going on. I hide behind half a car, watching the fight.
Dad is almost over Abomination, as he's bent down. Dad punches Abomination with his fist, and then knees him in the stomach. I cringe at that, thinking that must've really hurt. But then Abomination has the upper hand, as he takes Dad's fist when he plunge sit into his stomach again, and Abomination flips forward, having Dad on the ground, and Abomination on top.
.....Well, I'm not helping this fight.
Dad then launches Abomination off him, and Abomination flips forwards into a brick building. As Dad walks over, he pulls Abomination up by the neck, as he does, Abomination spits out some teeth.

.......Ew.
Anyways, I watch Dad repeatedly smash Abomination's head against a brick wall. Whoa....that's a bit.....violent for Dad.....I don't know, or I'm not so sure....
Abomination then moved his arm back, pushing Dad away, then grabbing him by his shoulders. Both Hulks pushed each other like little kids fighting. I squinted my eyes through the dust they were making as they shuffled their feet. Dad kept punching Abomination, then, Abomination got the upper hand. He started rapidly punching Dad. I gasped as Dad fell to the ground, and Abomination still kept punching Dad. But I had a lump in my throat when Abomination gripped Dad's throat with his giant reptile hand.
"STOP!" I cried, my voice cracky. "STOOOP!"
Abomination looked up to me. He looked angry, probably cause Morgan didn't kill me, but then, his toothy grin smiled at me. "Why don't you come stop me, and save your daddy?" Abomination said. The limo in my throat was still there, and tears filled my eyes at the brim.

I could see Dad move his arm, trying to do something with it, but can't tell what. I look back to Abomination, I got up from behind the car, and stood my ground.
"You're a monster!" I cried. Abomination smiled at me. "Finally figured it out?" Abomination asked. Dang, is Emil always like this? His smile burns with victory as he still has Dad in a strangling position. I can't do anything. I could risk my life, trying to save Dad, but I'd die, and what will Dad do? He said if you tried to kill him, he wouldn't die and nothing would work.
So I guess I have to do what I can.

I run into the battle, as I do, Abomination swats me to the left right as I get close.
That was a stupid plan.
The impact I made with the ground, I could tell half my Gamma was wearing off, but it's flooding my bloodstream again. I lay on my stomach, just laying there, in defeat.
"This isn't your fight! Now, watch me, kill your-"
Abomination got kicked off, and was laying on his back next to Dad. I sat up on my butt as I watched this. Dad is holding some kind of chain in his big green hand, but then he does the most scariest thing. He wraps the chain around Abomination's neck, and pulls him up holding onto two ends of it. The two ends are going in a cross way behind Abomination, as if the way Dads holding it.
Abomination is gripping at the metal around his neck, besides the yellowish color of his skin, his face beats red like a tomato. Dad roars with a smile, proud of what he's doing.
This cant be Dad.....is it?

Abomination's feet and hands are slowing down.
OH CRAP!
Dads killing him! What do I do? Should I stop it? Would this still effect Emil? What do you do with two grown men/monsters fighting?
I do the only thing I can, but I don't think it'll work.

"DAD!" I cry over his roars. He didn't hear me. "DAAD!" Another roar as he enjoys strangling the almost dead reptile. "DAAAAD!" I shout. Dad looks the other way from me, but then my way. A look of pleasure washes over his face.
Funny, he's happy, but I have tears streaming down my face. I stare at him, breathing heavy.
"Don't! Don't kill him!" I say. It's weird, but Dad looks at me confused. "He's got a family! He's like us!" I say, hoping Dad knows what I mean. Dad still holds onto the chains while he thinks.
"Dad, let go of him! Now!" I cry. Dad looks to me, then the slowly struggling Abomination. Dad growls and pushes Abomination to the side.

Abomination fell to the ground with a hard thud. Dad glared at him like he was gonna get back up...he didn't. But luckily I came just in time, Morgan might be a killer, but she has a family like mine, and I couldn't let Dad take away the only person who could ever love her. Abomination was breathing hard, but he was tired. I looked up to Dad, he was breathing heavy.

"Dad..." I said. Dad looked down to me. I stepped towards him, Dad shifted to be straight with me. Then, Dad had this emotion on his face, he looked as if he did something wrong. He then fell to his knees and sat like that.
Dad looks away from me, as if I'm ashamed of him.

I stepped closer to Dad.
"Dad..." I said, he didn't look at me. "Dad."
This time, he looked at me. I looked into his eyes, but it wasn't Dad. I'm looking into the eyes of the Hulk. I'm looking into the eyes of the hero.
"It's okay," I tell him. I brush his arm, but he looks away. He's feeling guilt.
"Hey," I say, looking at him, "it's okay." He still doesn't look. Doesn't he know he just saved everyone?
Now it's my turn to feel emotion. I feel the tears fill my eyes again. I can't stop it now that one rolls down my cheek. This time, Hulk looks at me, he then moves his big left green hand towards me. He gently brushes my hair and stops to the end. I take his gigantic hand and bring it out in front of me. I take my hand and put it in his.
"Is this Dad?" I asked. Hulk looks at me, he tightens his hand around mine. "Dad?" I ask once more. His eyes are brown. This is Dad.

I lay my whole hand on his wrist, his heart beat feels slow, but, he's not changing back.
He's not changing back....

Oh no. This isn't happening....his heart beat is slow, and he's still Hulk!
I feel the tears pour down my cheeks as I began to cry. This can't be.
I put my hands on Dad's cheeks and turn his attention back to me as he had looked away.
I look up to Dad. I still see him.
Without another thought I throw my arms around his giant neck. My head rests on his shoulder as my eyes are closed tight. I have to stand on my tiptoes to hug him; I nestle my head into his shoulder, sobbing very quietly.
I've failed. I don't know what to do. I can't bring him back this time I-I don't know what to do!

Then, I feel something. His muscles start to swell down, I feel his arms move up to me as he shrinks down. His head starts to rest on my stomach as he arms start to hug my waist.
Dad's arms squeezes my waist in a hugging way. I look down, to see the one, and only, Bruce Banner. He's back. He's back to normal! I feel relived as I look down again. Dad's head is in my stomach, while his arms are around my waist, the only clothes that shield him are now these big baggy shorts.
Comfort him.
I brush his hair using my left hand and go up and down from the back of his head.
Dad groans and shakes his head a little bit. He lifts his head up.

"Kerry?" He asked. He was still on his knees, so I start to squat. Then I find myself sitting on my knees and looking into Dad's warm brown eyes. I don't say anything, but I rub my thumb across his shoulder and smile to let him know its all alright. Since my hands are on his shoulders, I bring him into a hug, he does the same to me and brushes my hair.
After a minute, I pull away but still keep my hands on his shoulders like he is to me.
"Thanks for being my dad," I say. Dad smiled. He then put his forehead against mine. I smiled. I was looking down at my knees so Dad planted a kiss on my forehead.
"Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be one." Dad said. I smiled, feeling all gushy and warm inside. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

"Especially mine." I said. I turned sideways and leaned into Dad, as my head rested on his shoulder, and almost in the crook of his neck. Dad hugged me tighter and sighed as he lay his head on mine.
It stinks how our time together always runs short.

"Kerry?!" I hear. I pull away from Dad slowly, to see two fifteen year-old boys run through the rubble to me, and dodging little fire patches. I get up and linger to the side of Dad maybe a foot away. "Jax!" I cry, "Levi!" I jog a bit as Jax comes at me first and wraps his arms around me. Levi comes from the side of him, and I throw my arm around him.
"You're okay! You're okay!" Jax said. I sniffed.
"Yeah, I'm f...." I look to Jax, and smile. "I'm perfect." Jax smiled and hugged me one more time, then, he held something gray, and I noticed it was my beanie. I took it, and tried to stuff it in my pocket. As I was going to look up to Jax, we bumped heads making us giggle and look into each other's eyes.
Is he going to kiss me?
But then I remembered Dad. So I turned away and moved back to him. I knelt down by the back of Dad, and threw my arms around his neck; I put my cheek next to his, and he had his hand on my cheek. It was silent for a minute until we heard,

"Dr. Banner," we turned around to see Phil and some agents, but behind Phil, just a tad to the side, was General Ross. Phil had his hands behind his back, I quickly figured out that this wasn't good.
"Sorry to break up this reunion, or, victory party, but we can't hold off news casts any longer. They're on their way." He said. I looked to Dad, then at Jax and Levi. "What do we do?" I asked Phil.
"Well we've got to leave....now." He said. I could already hear a chopper or something flying near us. Agents came over and gave Dad a blanket, and helped him up. "What about them?" I ask about Jax and Levi. Phil looked back and forth between us three teens. "They can't come. At all." Phil said. I looked to the boys.
The helicopter was now getting very close.
I can't leave these guys, not after all we've been through....
"Can I say goodbye?" I asked as agents guided Dad to where they came from. "Quickly." Phil said. I faced the boys. Never could I say goodbye this quickly, not knowing what's going to happen.

Jax and Levi stepped forward. "Kerry, where are you going?"
"Will you come back?"
"Please don't leave us!"
"Guys!" I say, shutting them both up. "Helicopters coming closer." Phil said. I groaned and rolled my eyes, then, I looked back at my lifelong best friends. Why are goodbyes always hard?
"Look, I have no clue, what's going to happen next-"
"What?!" Jax cried. I nodded. "But this is for the best, this is where I have to leave you, and-and I don't know, what will happen next, I don't know, I don't know, but what I do know, is that we will meet up again, I don't know when, I don't know how, just, promise me that you find a way. Find a way to meet me, and, if that backfires keep trying, because I don't want to lose you guys." I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Jax nodded. "We don't want to lose you." he said. I nodded slowly. I heard the roar of the helicopter flying near us, probably very close.

"Run." I said.
"What?"
"I'll hold off the helicopter, you, run." I say. Levi pulled on Jax's shoulder. "C'mon!" He said, Jax still looked at me as he turned away, and was being dragged by General now too, who was giving me an expression of....concern? I don't know, all I do know, is that they were safe in the dark as the helicopter roared right over me, a bright light shining down, right on me. I turned away and ran to where bricks were almost a big pile. The bright light from the helicopter shown down on me, burning my eyes. I turned to look back. I saw some guards, for army, pointing guns at the now human, Emil Blonsky. Hopefully, they couldn't see my face. I saw Jax, Levi, and General. Dad....who knows.
I face forward, the roar of the helicopter's propellers start to annoy me. The power in my legs return all of a sudden, must be a way to control it when I need it. I look out to the burning buildings around me, I spot the nearest one with no fire, and jump. I jump high in the sky, then straight down onto the roof. The light from the helicopter tries to find me as I run faster than it.

Everything in my mind is turning to a blur, but I know that they're still there. The images of everything that has happened in the last two months, flash before me as I run across the rooftops.

Me meeting Dad that morning he was home.

Dad picking me up from school.

Meeting Dalia.

Jax, Levi, and I walking around the outlets.

Jax asking me out.

My date with my best friend.

Running after Dad on the battle field.

Smashing. Breaking. Destroying.

The explosion.

Dalia.

I jump across rooftops to rooftops. I jump very high in the air, as the light shown over me.

****************************************************************************************************

I am very sorry how long it is 😬😂
But ahhhhhhhhhh the story is almost over! 😰 I've had an awesome time writing this!
But it's not over yet!
Anyways,
Thanks guys ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 506 21
[ON HOLD] 6 years old. That was Y/N's age when the genius, billionaire, ex-playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark found her. That was the age she was f...
144K 4.8K 88
"Let's blow the dick out" I say his eyes widen again. "I'm not comfortable" he says thinking I'm going to do something. I light the candle on his c...
199K 10.4K 37
𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑 | ❝Yeah? I'll have you know my superpower is being a huge asshole, actually.❞ In which the mysterious superhero and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Va...
25.9K 562 73
Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled at living and always found it hard to tru...