Wrong turn

By flwrsdaisy

wrong turn. I got a wrong turn. I, Alexa Johnson, make another huge mistake in life by believing in someone a... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28

chapter 29

6.4K 120 58
By flwrsdaisy

Kehlani - Altar 

###########################################################################

Hello guys! I am here to say that this is the last chapter of this story. Hope you guys are having fun reading this whole story. Happy reading!

###########################################################################

Alexa

I got the phone call and it is from an unknown number. At first, I don't want to answer it but it keeps calling me and calling me. I am now at my office doing some important stuff for my fashion show in three months. Whoever calls me, it's better to be important. "Alexa Johnson speaking," I pick it up. "W-WHAT?!" I get up from my chair and grab my handbag. 

"Ma'am, where are you going?" My assistant asks.

"Cancel all my appointment for today and tomorrow too. Don't call me if this company didn't face any bankruptcy," I said to her and run towards the lift. 

I can't believe this. This is so weird and I don't know how to feel. This cannot be real. I am hoping for him to be dead but I never meant dead for real.

'Jared Lanton has been found dead at his house this morning, ma'am.' 

The sentence that I never thought I will be hearing. This must be something wrong and I know he didn't die for real. He can't be dead. Helena and Austin still need him to be his dad. They are too young to be in this situation. I know I should have been happy since he is gone forever because the hatred in me still going on. It's just, I just saw him like two days ago and everything is just fine and I don't see anything suspicious around his house. It cannot be that Hera is the one who killed him. 

Wait...

Hera!

What happens to her? Did she die too? what happens to the baby? Or.. she is the one who killed Jared...

I drive as fast as I can because I need to see it with my own eyes. I have so many questions playing in my head right now and it's stressing me out. I need to calm down for a bit. 

"I am Alexa Johnson. I was told that Jared Lanton was murdered?" I ask the officer once I arrived at the hospital. 

"Hello, Alexa Johnson, I need you to come with me to answer a few questions," Oh, now I am the suspect? Or what? 

"Are you suspecting me?" I ask the officer. There's no way I am being the suspect of killing him. I do have the intentions but I would never do that because I still have a brain to think of the consequences. 

"The suspect already turn himself in. I just need to ask you a few questions. Do you mind?" He gestures me to follow him to go a bit far from the other officers. 

"Um, may I know who is the suspect? Do I know him?" It is a guy. Which means, Hera is dead too? Ugh! I needed the answers!

"I need to ask you because, regarding the CCTV, we can see that you came to their house and you seem aggressive for some reason. Do you mind explaining what actually going on that time?" 

"I went to their house because I want to give a warning to Hera to stop manipulating my children to hate me but I didn't even touch her because Jared was there and I just went home after that," I said and the officer is writing something in his notepad. 

He asks me another question after another question and I just answer it truthfully since I am not knowing how all of this happened. He even suspects I am the one who hired that guy to kill them. I don't even know the guy and when he shows me the picture of the murderer, I don't even recognize him. I wonder who it is and why he did all this. 

After a few minutes, he finally stop asking me questions and let me see Jared's body. I mean I don't want to see it but I need to. Who knows it is not him and they mistook it for someone. 

"You can come in, Ms. Johnson," I walk slowly follow the pathologist. My heart is beating so fast. "Is this really the man you know?" He asks me for confirmation after he opens the white sheet. My eyes widen when I saw it is my ex-husband.

 No, this is not true!

I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I am actually crying because this man was the man I used to love and we've been together for twelve years. It is not easy for me to just forget him just like that. That guy cut his throat and that must be hurt so much. I cannot imagine how hurt he was before he actually die. 

Jared, how is this happen? Is this the Karma you got after you betrayed our love? You cannot leave our children just like that! They still need you. 

I wipe my tears and ask the pathologist, "What about his girlfriend?" 

"She is in a coma. You can go and visit her if you want," I nod my head and he closes Jared back with the white sheet before putting it back in the refrigerator. I get out of the room and see there's a few officers still here. I just ignore them and follow the doctor who going to bring me and meet with Hera.

"She loses quite a lot of her blood but we manage to save her and now she is still in a coma," The doctor said to me. Hera laying there unconsciously and cannot see Jared for the last time. She must be super sad and if I am in her situation, I am going to be super traumatic. 

"What about her baby?"

"The stabbed are too deep and it killed the baby. We already tried our best to save both of them but only one is saved. She injured the left side of her brain and also a few bruises on her ribs caused by the suspect might kick and punch her before decided to stab her which cause the baby to be dead," That sounds so terrible. She loses everything that she wants in her life just like that. 

"Um, doctor, I need to talk to the officer. Thank you for your time," I walk to the officer because I am dying to know who did all this and for what cause. It's a good thing that I didn't send Helena and Austin to their house or else, I might lose my children too. "Excuse me, can I talk to you for a minute?" 

"What it is, Ms. Johnson?"

"Can you actually tell me who is the suspect? I need to know," Thank god, the officer actually telling me the whole thing. It is Hera's ex-boyfriend and the fact he actually turned himself in, he might be holding some grudges against Hera and Jared is the innocent victim here. I cannot believe this. This is happening so fast. Her ex-boyfriend needs a death sentence because he just killed two innocent humans. He cannot be alive since he is a monster. 

Now, how do I tell my children about this? 

I don't even tell them that I and Jared are divorce and now, I need to tell them that their dad is dead and they cannot meet him anymore. This is insane.

*******************************************************************************

I just going to fast forward :)

*******************************************************************************

Three years later

Today is Jared's third death anniversary. The fact that is it already three years, it just still feels like a dream. Helena and Austin cried so much when I had to told them that their dad is dead. They didn't even come out of their room. I need to console them and tell them that everything will be alright. It takes them almost six months to actually be themselves again. It was hard back there but luckily Gabriel and Gabriella helped me through that. "Mom, we are all ready to go!" Gabriel calls me from downstairs making me wake up from my thoughts. I wipe my tears and went downstairs. "You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go," We are going to visit Jared's graveyard just like we did every year now. It is for Helena and Austin will never forget about him. He always is in our hearts even though he used to hurt mine but it's fine. I forgive him and hoping he will rest in peace.

It takes like fifteen minutes to arrive. "Oh Lord, in your loving arms I entrust my beloved father. Please let him rest in peace in your loving arms," That's what Helena always said when we visit her father's graveyard. I weakly smile at her and give her a kiss on top of her head. We all usually spend at least an hour here. 

"Mom, you look tired. You even sleep last night?" Gabriella asks me. 

"I barely get any sleep last night but I am fine," I don't know why but every time it is his death anniversary, I always cannot sleep. It's just the memories of us being together is still in my mind and It keeps replaying how he used to be a very loving and loyal husband to me. 

"You sure? Do you want me to accompany you to visit her?" 

"No, it's okay. I am fine. You guys go home first and take care of your sister and brother. I will be home before dinner," She nods. Gabriella and Gabriel grew up and they look so mature even though they are just 21 years old. Gabriel decided to stay with Elijah in New York and he will come to give me a visit when has such an occasion like this. He never skips it even though he hates Jared very much. For Gabriella, she wants to always stay close to me and further her study here in LA. I don't have any problem with whatever she decided as long as everyone is happy. 

Elijah is really a good friend to me. He and Rebecca are always there for me and of course, Thea is there too wherever I needed her. She is quite busy of taking care all of her children now. They really have a big family and Thea looks so happy about it. Their newborn is now almost three years old and her name is Mellisa Sanchez. It is a cute name and she is really cute. Now, Helena and Austin are both grown up, and I actually decide to move to New York to start a new life. 

After an hour, They all went home and Gabriella is driving her car to come here while I still have one stop before going home. I always pay Hera a visit since she also got no one in this world anymore. So, I am being super kind to her and still in contact with her even after that happened. It's not good for holding grudges on someone too long. So, I decided to let it all go. This is going to be my last visit since I am moving to New York soon.

**********************************************

"Hello Hera," I am here as usual but I only visit her once a year. I think it is enough for me. I take a seat next to her. 

"SHHHHH! Be quiet. My baby is sleeping," She said and rocking a pillow that she thought it is her baby. 

Yeah, you might be wondering what is going on with Hera. She woke up from her coma after a year and thought her baby is still alive. When the doctor explained to her, she couldn't take it and started crying so hard. She has been diagnosed with depression a few months after that and starts hallucinating on her own. The doctor decided to let her stay in the asylum since this is the best solution. Now, she still believes that her baby and Jared are still alive. I feel pity when I see her in this condition. 

"Jared and I will go out for romantic dinner tonight. You, need to take care of him," She said and she also said that her baby is a boy. I just play it off so that she won't be too aggressive. "Jared loves me. I love Jared," 

"Yeah, he loves you even until his last breath," I said but she didn't hear it since I was talking in a low tone. 

"What are you doing here? Do you want to take Jared from me?! GO AWAY! JARED IS MINE! HE'S MINE!" This happens every time I come here. She always loses control and be taken away by nurses there. My visit always ends like this. I guess it is fine as long as I can still see how she progressed. 

There's nothing in life that is permanent. I learn that after Jared is gone and now, I only have my children with me. I am fine with all this because maybe God wants to show that Karma is there. I guess both Hera and Jared learn their lesson. 

For Jared Lanton, I hope you rest in peace. 

For Hera Herman, I hope you will get better, and maybe you can actually find your love out there. This is not the end of everything. It is probably just the beginning of your journey. 

Whatever is it, I forgive you both for whatever sins you did to me. 

In the end, I am a single mother who raised beautiful four children. I think my life is better like this and whatever happens in the future, let's just hope I won't make a wrong turn ever again. 

THE END

________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for the wrong turn guys! I hope you guys are enjoying the whole story. It's been a tough journey for me to write the whole story but I manage to finish it. This is the end of Alexa Johnson's story and stays tuned for another story I will publish soon. 

For now, this is the end, and please leave a comment and let me know what do you guys think of the whole story.

Don't forget to give a vote. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO STAYS UNTIL THE END!!

I LOVE YALL AND STAY SAFE!!

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 917 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
516K 18.1K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
288K 12.7K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
2.3M 115K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...