chapter 26

The chainsmokers & Zayn - Me without you

################################################################################

Alexa

"Alexa! You promised me to be here for my gender reveal!" Thea said over the phone. 

"I know, I know. I will be there. I just have to finish my work that piles up. I just postpone my flight not cancel going there. Relax," I said. Her gender reveal is in two days and I should be on the flight today but I have quite a lot of work today. So, I have to postpone my flight which is tomorrow. 

"Fine. I forgive you. Don't forget to bring your kids too. Bye, I'll see you tomorrow!" With that, she ends the call. Spending a weekend in New York hits different. If I just follow my heart, I just want to move back to New York but thinking about my children, I cannot be selfish. I mean they already have life here and friends. It might be quite difficult for them to get comfortable at the new place. I guess I have to wait for at least Gabriel and Gabriella to graduate from high school first. Then, I can think about moving.

**********************************************

The next day

"Helena, we're going to meet Charlotte later. You excited?" I ask Helena who seems to be in nota good mood. We're now on the plane and Helena just keeps quiet. My daughter seems to be so different now. I don't want her to be like this towards me. It's not me who needs to face this, If she wants to hate one of her parents, it should be Jared and not me. I've done nothing to her but Jared is leaving her and be with another woman. He is the one who should Helena be mad at. Not me.

"I was supposed to go out with daddy and mommy Hera tomorrow. I don't want to go and meet Charlotte or anyone," Helena said. I was taken aback by what she just said. How many did they brainwash my daughter? I feel like I want to cry but I cannot cry in front of her. 

"Hey, look here," She looks at me, "You are going to be spending this weekend with mommy. Your mommy. You should be happy about it. Why you didn't want to be with me?" I ask her and hopefully, she will answer. 

"Mommy Hera said that you are a bad person and I shouldn't be too close to you. She said she can take care of me and Austin better than you can. You didn't stay with daddy and what mommy Hera said is true then," THIS WOMAN IS TOO MUCH! JUST WAIT HERA, I WILL CRUSH YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU LEFT WITH NO PENNY AT ALL. How dare you trying to make my own daughter hates me. 

You are messing with my daughter now, huh? I don't care if you want my husband but now, she is crossing her line and have the audacity to take my children away from me! I won't let that happen. 

"Look, I am your mother, I am the one who gave birth to you. If someone said something bad about me, you shouldn't be believing them. Helena, tell me do think I am a bad person?" 

"I love you, mommy but Mommy Hera-"

"Do not believe whatever she is trying to tell you. Everything she said was a lie. You are too young to understand about this thing that going on but I am sure you will understand more once you grow up. Please, don't hate me. You going to make mommy sad," I said to her.