chapter 10

double take - Dhruv

###########################################################################

Alexa

"S-s-she is the woman I-I ...  C-cheat with?" I feel my heart stops beating for a second when he said that. I couldn't believe what I am hearing right now. Is this some kind of sick joke he is playing on me right now? My mind cannot think straight right now. Everything just messes up in here. "A-Alexa?" I actually startle when I hear my name being called. I wait for him to actually say something but he just looks at me waiting for me to speak up. I couldn't speak a word. Not even a word can come out of my mouth right now. The tears are on their way to come out of my eyes.

I can't take all this.

I can't believe what he said.

I can't even look at him right now.

So, I do what my mind told me to. Yes, I walk away from him leaving the room and grab my car keys on the counter. "Alexa wait! Where are you going? Stop!" Jared chases after me. He grabs my arm to stop me but I quickly snatch it away. I don't want to be near him right now. "Alexa, babe please don't go anywhere. It's midnight and dangerous out there. If you can't stand me, I am the one who will leave. Not you,"

"Fuck. You," That's all I said and get into my car quickly before he can stop me. I lock it so that he can't open the door. I start the car and begin to drive away. I am looking like an idiot right now. Crying over the man who cheated on me. He doesn't love me that much if he has the courage to be with another woman. He betrays me.

Jared Lanton betrays me after twelve years of living together.

Elijah did cheat on me with several women and It did break my heart but he cheated with a woman that I don't even know. Yes, he cheated on me and throw me like a piece of garbage. I would never forget that. The way he talked to me, all. At least, he slept with a woman who a stranger to me. Jared, my husband, slept with my assistant! MY FREAKING ASSISTANT!

How am I suppose to do right now?

How am I suppose to act?

Do I have to go and just kill him and fucking Hera with my own hand?

Hera.

She is such a loyal assistant that been working with me since Gabriel and Gabriella was a baby. She was with me from the very beginning and I trusted her so much. She likes a friend to me and we share the problem. I can't believe she actually trying to take my husband away from me. Who does she think she is?! Firing her isn't the best way to make her pay for what she did. I need to come up with a plan to make her regret it.

But the thing is, I don't have any idea what to do. I need Thea right now.

I stop my car after I think I drive for quite a long time. I cannot stand this anymore. Why the people who I married always ended up cheating on me? Jared is a very good husband and we've been married for fucking twelve years. It's not a short period. It is long. He said he loves me but why he did this to me. My heart broke into million pieces and this time I don't know if I ever trust people especially man ever again. If Thea is here, I would cry to her, but she is not in LA. She is in New York. I need her but at the same time, I don't want to burden her mind with my problem. She is pregnant right now and she cannot get to stress because it is not good for the baby.