Irreplaceable

By aimlesssorrows

[BOOK 2] [ONGOING] ❝if you were to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?❞ five years ago she was a... More

introduction
.•°•.•°•.•°•.
prologue | recap
chapter 1 | illusion
chapter 2 | carousel
chapter 3 | business
chapter 4 | italy
chapter 5 | explore
chapter 6 | reunited
chapter 7 | treehouse
chapter 8 | quiet
chapter 9 | dead
chapter 10 | secrets
chapter 11 | therapy
chapter 12 | tension
chapter 13 | dinner
chapter 14 | target
chapter 15 | flashback
chapter 16 | cheater
chapter 17 | rain
chapter 18 | attack
chapter 19 | gunshots
chapter 20 | car
chapter 21 | emotions
chapter 22 | anger
chapter 23 | sunlight
chapter 24 | concert
chapter 25 | accept
chapter 27 | cardigan
chapter 28 | investors
chapter 29 | evidence
chapter 30 | studio
chapter 31 | photoshoot
chapter 32 | hope
chapter 33 | believe
chapter 34 | time
chapter 35 | bond
chapter 36 | collusion
chapter 37 | identity
chapter 38 | temptation
chapter 39 | ring
chapter 40 | jealousy
chapter 41 | marked
chapter 42 | possessive
chapter 43 | lies
chapter 44 | breathe
chapter 45 | reality
chapter 46 | assassin
chapter 47 | you
chapter 48 | realization

chapter 26 | unity

37.6K 994 1K
By aimlesssorrows

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Rematch?"

"Is that a challenge?" He said the exact words he said years before. Just without one word.

"Yes," I replied, confidently this time around.

I bent down and picked up the ball. I bounce pass the ball to Chase. He didn't have a shirt on, displaying his tattooed body. He had black basketball shorts hanging low and his sweat dripping off his forehead.

He was about to open his mouth to ask why I'm here but I cut him off, "Let's play first." I insisted.

He looked at me skeptically for a minute as he dribbled the ball. "You should take your heels off." He said, noticing my choice of shoes. I looked at him, and he sighed coming towards me. He squatted down and took my heel in his hands. He took it off before repeating the process for my other foot.

He got up and put the heels near the sideline. He brought his white hoodie and extended his arm towards me. I raised my eyebrows in question.

"Tie it around your waist." I looked down to realize I was wearing a dress and if I decide to jump or shoot my ass would fly out.

I really should've thought about what I was wearing. To be fair, I didn't know I would end up on a basketball court. Fucking Connor.

I didn't reply. Chase asked me through his eyes if he can and I nodded. Chase put the hoodie around my waist before tying it. I looked to the side to see Connor and I flipped him off. He fucking knew and didn't inform me. He started laughing and I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you." He nodded.

I took off Xavier's leather jacket only because I didn't want the gun to go flying and spilling all my beans. I put it near my heels. Chase passed me the ball, and I started dribbling.

He came closer to me to defend but I already shot the ball. The ball hit the rim and bounced off. "Rigged ass hoop." I blamed.

"Giving up already?"

"Fuck no." I examined. He dribbled the ball between his legs as I went closer to him to defend him. I tried to get the ball from him but obviously, he's much more skilled than I am.

This was giving me flashbacks to PE class when we both were defending each other. I smiled as those memories came into my head. I looked back at him and I knew he knows what was on my mind. "Do it, baby." We both said simultaneously. A little smile crawled onto my face and almost instantly Chase's lip curved.

He looked— Shut the fuck up, Jasmin.

Five years ago, the sun was setting as we played basketball and now five years later the sun is rising. We were playing in a different light.

I took the ball he was dribbling and dribbled it to the other side. He was still standing while I threw the ball and it went in. My jaw dropped as I couldn't believe myself it actually went in and I turned around to see Chase watching me. "Did you see that?" I asked, he nodded. "Fuck, I'm so good." I complimented myself.

"Watch out." He warned.

I flipped him off, not falling for his tricks. And, that backfired when the ball hit me in the head. "Aw, fuck!"

"I told you."

"Oh yeah? Could've been more clear with that."

"I could've, couldn't I?"

I threw the ball towards him, aiming for the head which he perfectly dodged. Asshole. He started dribbling and I went closer to him.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

I couldn't tell him the real reason but I could tell him the partial truth, "Connor."

He rolled his eyes, "And, you listened?"

"At first, no. But, yes eventually."

"Why?"

I don't know maybe because there is a fucking bounty on your head.

"Connor could be pretty persuading."

"You aren't the type of person to be persuaded." He argued.

Fuck!

"I'm here, aren't I?" I challenged, he looked at me skeptically. How is it that after all these years he still knows me so well?

"Right." He already fucking knows something is up.

"Come back," I stated.

"Where?"

"Home," I replied, wasn't it already obvious? "Your home." I clarified.

"I am."

I looked at him confusedly, raising an eyebrow in question. "I wasn't at home an hour ago but now I am." He continued.

"You make no sense," I uttered. "Just go home, so Connor can stop bothering me."

"I'll talk to him. I'm sorry for the inconvenience he might've caused you."

"Whatever, are you coming back now?" I asked.

"No, but thank you for coming." He answered. "I'll add more money to your account. I'm sure you wouldn't want to work overtime."

Somehow, his words sparked a pain to go in my heart. Did he think I came here for work purposes? "Work?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you only came here for work purposes. If I'm not there it would be an inconvenience to your work."

"Perhaps," I muttered. "Maybe, I came for my own personal reasons."

And, so the plan begins.

He broke my heart and now it's my turn to repay the favor. At least he would be safe by the end of it.

Isn't that what he did for you, Jasmin?

"What?"

"I want to see the evidence you were talking about." I sparked hope into his eyes. But, he didn't believe me, "For closure." I added.

He nodded, "Right. It's back in Los Angeles."

"So you are coming back?"

"I have too." His eyes were glistening in the sunlight. He was believing me.

I wouldn't have done this but desperate times call for desperate measures. Is this how Chase felt? Having no choice but to create false hope only to break it in the end.

Who would've thought five years later, the same two people but roles reversed.

A joke, I tell you.

I smiled in accomplishment. He threw the ball over my head and it went in the hoop. "I was distracted, that doesn't count." I accused.

"It does count."

"No, it doesn't. If I would've defended you, it wouldn't have gone in."

"But, you didn't."

"Chase, that doesn't count. I'm still winning."

"It's a tie."

"I'm winning," I argued.

"Tie." He argued back.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Fine." He rolled his eyes. I smiled in accomplishment.

"I want to play." I looked away from Chase, finally noticing the close proximity between us. I took a step back and looked towards Connor.

"Alright," I nodded. I looked back towards Chase to see his eyes meet mine. "Do you want to be on the same team?"

Last time he asked me that question, and this time around I asked him the very same question.

"Always." He breathed.

"Yeah, just team up on a poor soul. I just wish I had someone to team up with and then you losers would know."

"Who are you calling a loser?" I questioned.

"You both." He claimed.

"Let's see." I challenged.

"Alright." He picked up the ball from the ground.

I looked back at Chase, "Unity?" I put my hand forward.

He thought about it for a second before putting his hand in mine, "Unity."

We shook hands before fist-bumping and taking our hands back.

"Game on, loser," I said to Connor as he passed the ball to me.

"Game on." He smirked, looking at Chase and I.

I started dribbling and Connor came towards me. He tried to get the ball put I dribble it behind me. "Connor I swear to god if you cheat," I warned as I knew what he was thinking.

"Are you really having fun if you follow the rules?" He retorted.

He started tickling me around my waist as I bounced passed the ball to Chase. "Connor stop!" I laughed.

I started tickling him to distract him and it worked when I heard the ball hit the metal hoop. I moved away and looked at Chase. "We fucking did it!" I yelled.

I looked back at Connor, "Not fair."

I made the most iconic angry face of Connor. "Stay mad." I laughed.

"You fucking wait." He started taking big steps towards me.

I started running as he started running behind me, "Connor, I'm sorry. Please don't."

"It's a bit too late for that."

I went around Chase and used him as a shield. "Chase, stop him."

"Nothing can stop me." We started going around Chase's big ass body. "Look snake."

I yelped and jumped onto Chase's back. His hands instantly going under my knees. My arms were around Chase's neck. My chest was against his back as Connor burst into laughter, making me realize he was lying all along.

"You think you are so fucking funny."

"I know, I am."

Chase started running as soon as Connor moved. "Come on guys, what is this?"

"Revenge," I answered.

"I literally have two hippos on my case." He expressed.

"Chase if you don't fasten your speed." Chase started running faster as I tried to grab onto Connor.

"Firefly, get his hair," Chase remarked.

"Not my fucking hair, you psychos."

"I'm trying." I tried to reach for his hair. He ducked under. "Connor, you bitch." I shouted.

"Aw too bad." I grabbed onto the top of his shirt pulling him towards me.

"Got something to say?"

"No boss." We all started to laugh, trying to catch our breath.

The sound of our laughter in the early morning with the birds chirping ringing in my ears. "That's right."

I let go of his shirt while still laughing. I put my head on Chase's head trying to catch my breath from all the laughter. His hair smelled like freshwater. Although the sweat on his body was rubbing all over my dress.

I yawned, my body informing me I should go to sleep. "Are you trying to kill me?" Chase questioned.

And, I opened my eyes. I lifted my head off his to see my hands around his neck, tightly. I take my hands from his neck and put them on his broad shoulders.

He bent down a little and I jumped off his back. Connor went to go get the ball from the ground as I looked towards the sunrise.

"Defend him," Chase stated.

I looked back at him, "You defend him."

"Keep fighting," Connor yelled.

I looked back to see Connor nearing the hoop, Chase went on to defend him and he succeeded as he passed the ball towards me. I dribbled before shooting the ball and making it in.

"I hope you guys realize how unfair this is." Connor groaned in frustration.

"Are you really having fun if you follow the rules?" I mocked his previous statement.

Connor passed the ball to me and I passed it back. I went towards to defend him and succeeded when I took the ball from his hands and passed it to Chase.

Chase went to the other side before slam dunking the ball into the hoop. His one hand was holding the hoop as he hang down. His arms flexing and showing the sculpted details for his body. He jumped down and I went towards him to high-five him.

I put my hand up and he clicked his hand with mine. As cliché as it sounds, a spark of electricity went down my body.

"I think that's enough." Connor declared.

"Who won?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Cheaters." He muttered under his breath before leaving causing Chase and I to chuckle. "Let's go back now, yeah?" Connor yelled.

"Yes." I sighed. My body was exhausted. I could feel my eyes closing from the lack of sleep.

I went to the sideline and picked up the leather jacket and my heels. I didn't bother putting them on and I went towards Chase. I took his hoodie off my waist before handing it back to him.

He took it and put it on his body. He fixed his curly dark hair before looking back at me.

I decided to wish him.

I went on my tippy toes and put my hand on the side of his neck. I softly brought his face closer to mine. The close proximity causing fireflies to erupt in my stomach. His hot breath fanning my lips as we looked into each other eyes. So many emotions swirling in his eyes that he wanted to express. For a moment, I felt myself getting lost in his mysterious gray eyes. I went closer to his ear before whispering,

"Happy Birthday, Chase."

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

[ 2120 words ]

a/n: happy birthday, love. how many of you guys figured it out?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 129 37
Ignoring the dreariness that followed her, she left everything behind and drowned herself in a lifestyle that consisted of constant jet lag and days...
390 7 6
Kate loved her life then how did she end up unlucky, how could she have been so naive and blind. Rose was like a sister to her while Kyle was the lov...
157K 2.1K 10
He was rude, arrogant, aggressive, ruthless and dominating Mafia Boss, a frightening man. The whole world was under his feet. Nobody had ever dared t...
2.2M 82.5K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...