one person can change everyth...

By hannah-29

Lonan has worked hard for everything he has! Big promotion, Big house, flashy Audi R8 car a beautiful fiancée... More

Chapter 1 Lonan
Chapter 2 Jay
chapter 3 Lonan
chapter 4 Alex
Chapter 5 Lanon
chapter 6 Alex
chapter 7 claire
chapter 8 Lonan
chapter 9 Linda
chapter 10 Alex
chapter 11 Lonan
chapter 12 Alex
chapter 13 Lonan
chapter 14 Alex
chapter 15 Lonan
chapter 16 alex
chapter 17 Linda
chapter 18 Lonan
chapter 20 linda
chapter 21 Lonan
chapter 22 jay
chapter 23 lonan
chapter 24 Alex
chapter 25 Lonan
Chapter 26 Alex
Chapter 27 Jay
Chapter 28 Lonan
Chapter 29 Lanon
Chapter 30 Mrs cooper
Chapter 31 Alex
Chapter 32 Lonan

chapter 19 Alex

2.1K 97 0
By hannah-29

He was tensed and clearly stressed and worrying when I saw him pull up. He briefly told me but he has more contacts than I do to pull this one.

"Read this.." he shoved his mobile to me.

"What?"

"Read it from Jay.. that's pissed me off... but we need to go to the office first.." I heard he tell me but I just kept reading.

"Have you.. replied?" Feeling a bit upset.

"No course I haven't he is last person I want to speak too.."

"You need to though.."

"I know.. I will.. just not now."

We pulled into the work car park again and I was about to make a call to a contact of mine in hope it will work..

"Come on.." His abrupt tone

"No ill stay here.."

"Alex we are not hiding.. Come on." His tone was cold and the point.. I followed him and I said to him

"What Jay said... " he turned to me, his eyes were searching mine.

"All bullocks... Yes she came into my office... Linda gave me the letter but I never read it.. she came in I told her to go.. she ran out crying. That's all nothing more nothing less.."

"So you never gave her any signals ?"

"No...No way... Alex.. there never has been anything... she had a crush.. she's pissed I'm with you.. It's the office gossip"

"Why Jay say it then"

"Because he thinks we are moving quick I guess but this... US it wasn't planned it just happened... correct? And coz I haven't told him"

"Yeah it has just happened"

"Your single.. you left that relationship.. reasons Jay don't know about and Sarah... well she left me.. so we have done nothing wrong.. don't forget that.." his eyes softened and he kissed my head

"Come with me.." we walked up the stairs and Emma looked away from known straight away. Shouldn't possibly hold my hand any tighter.

"Emma.." I cringed at his tone to her

"Linan"

"Mr Smith" he corrected her before saying on

"Emma your lucky I'm a nice person and don't have you fired.. lies come out Emma." She looked like she could cry.

My steps weren't quick enough to go up them at his pace. Looking Around for Jay I felt nervous and sick to the stomach... we went straight into his office and he was searching for something.

"What you looking for?"

"A contact number... I remember Linda giving me it.. can you go to Linda's desk and shut it down for me.."

"Sure.." her desk was clean and tidy. A few emails set aside but I did as he asked and closed it a down.

"Ready.." I asked him

"Yeah.. can you just hold this for me.." he gave me his iPad and few documents..

I followed him out and walked to the left leaving me on my own.

"Babe come on.." he called and people were watching.

"Mr Smith is Linda okay" a middle aged women asked

"Not really. But it will be fine...Babe come on.." he held his hand out to me..

He knocked on this door and went inside..

"Lonan... how's Linda..." a strong smokers voice called as I stood behind him.

"Not great Mr Walsh.. her daughter isn't great.. but sir I need too request time off immediately for myself and linda.."

"Lonan but it's peak time"

"Mr Walsh please it's important.. I need to get away.. Linda needs time at home... I've sorted a private room for her daughter at the hospital... I'm sorting her a wheel chair with the help of my girlfriend I am also waiting to hear from my accountant regarding paying her mortgage off..." he just blurted out and we didn't say a word. He's paying her mortgage off out of his own pocket, trying to not jet my jaw drop open.

"Lonan close the door. " he said in a authoritative tone, lonan closed the door behind us and his boss sat there in his,char puffing on his cigar

"Now.. you have paid for a private room for the daughter... what's happened to the daughter firstly then you have paid her mortgage off.. and you sorting a wheel chair."

"Yes.. "

"Lonan boy... can I ask from your money.."

"Yes sir... I think know a lot for Linda she has done so much for me.."

"Right.." I could see he was thinking

"Isnt she married?"

"He has left her.. the bonus we gave her isn't covering anything.. that money was meant to go to the new wheel chair but it hasn't..."

"Right... so he has left her..."

"Yes..."

".......... we lonan will pay the mortgage not you... you have done so much already... you paid for the room yes?"

"Yeah that's all done.. once her leg gets pinned in place she has to stay in the hospital for a few days but Linda can stay there.. there's a bed for her."

"Right okay.. tell Linda she will get paid... so we will sort the mortgage out.. leave that with me....so the wheel chair... is it a special wheel chair..."

"Yeah... I tried to pull a few strings but it's not worked... my girlfriend is going to try."

"Girlfriend.. now that's why you turned Emma down..." lonan gave me a look of told you so. His tone was shaky but to the point like he's scared.

"Okay let me know if you can't sort that out...."

"Thank you sir I will keep you up to date."

"Wait... lonan... holiday.. have a Couple weeks off."

"Thank you sir.."

"Go..before I change my mind"

"Come on..." he weakly smiled

"Lonan wait.. jay"

We walked to the stairs and Jay just looked at us as we reached the Bottom lonan said to him

"Thanks for being happy for me Jay" what is happening here I haven't got a clue. His strides were quick and big, I could tell he was angry. Completely unsure what should do or say to him.. am I scared? A little but not nesaserally of him.

"Lonan wait.... jay is one your best mates don't fall out with him."

"I'm pissed at what he said & I'm tired Alex. I'm always willing to help everyone.."

"But Lonan money can't fix everything"

"No but it helps pay for IVF, it helps to get a private room, pay the mortgage off to help someone else's life be easier.."

"IVF?" when did he pay for that... for who.. Sarah and him maybe.

"... look it don't matter who with or for.. but my point is I can help people."

"Not your place too always bail people out" I tried to be soft and,calm.

"Its not bailing out people Alex.. its for my brother... he asked me at my dad's party... I've given then money so they can try again... my brother will be one best parents going and if that means I can help him have that and its money what can get it ill help... Linda.. she has done more for me over the past 2 year 's than anyone is awAre off so I owe her and she needs my help Alex... you... why did you come to me huh?"

"...I dunno..."

"No tell me why did you come to me?" He stormed to his car which was only matter of feet away from us..

"I don't know... I knew you would look after me I guess"

"There you go... I can buy you anything Alex but if your only here with me because of what I can give you then us.. we are over.. if I really wanted too I could have had Emma but I didn't. I trust you Alex but I don't need to be hurt anymore.. You just need to say Alex before this carries on... no I'll decide... I'll go"

"Lonan wait..." he drove off leaving me on my own in the car park completely unsure what all that was about. What does he mean hurt anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
317K 12.7K 39
She picked up some item from the shelf and was about to turn away when I suddenly said "Don't buy that" I don't know why the hell I said that. I don'...
Just Friends By A

Teen Fiction

477 150 41
Colm walked into Maria's life when she was a teenager. He was just another young guy that hung around her dad looking for a father figure and helped...
7.5K 264 24
'I looked down at the pendant and...my heart stopped. It was the shape of a puzzle piece like mine. I got them untangled and, sure enough their magne...