chapter 19 Alex

He was tensed and clearly stressed and worrying when I saw him pull up. He briefly told me but he has more contacts than I do to pull this one.

"Read this.." he shoved his mobile to me.

"What?"

"Read it from Jay.. that's pissed me off... but we need to go to the office first.." I heard he tell me but I just kept reading.

"Have you.. replied?" Feeling a bit upset.

"No course I haven't he is last person I want to speak too.."

"You need to though.."

"I know.. I will.. just not now."

We pulled into the work car park again and I was about to make a call to a contact of mine in hope it will work..

"Come on.." His abrupt tone

"No ill stay here.."

"Alex we are not hiding.. Come on." His tone was cold and the point.. I followed him and I said to him

"What Jay said... " he turned to me, his eyes were searching mine.

"All bullocks... Yes she came into my office... Linda gave me the letter but I never read it.. she came in I told her to go.. she ran out crying. That's all nothing more nothing less.."

"So you never gave her any signals ?"

"No...No way... Alex.. there never has been anything... she had a crush.. she's pissed I'm with you.. It's the office gossip"

"Why Jay say it then"

"Because he thinks we are moving quick I guess but this... US it wasn't planned it just happened... correct? And coz I haven't told him"

"Yeah it has just happened"

"Your single.. you left that relationship.. reasons Jay don't know about and Sarah... well she left me.. so we have done nothing wrong.. don't forget that.." his eyes softened and he kissed my head

"Come with me.." we walked up the stairs and Emma looked away from known straight away. Shouldn't possibly hold my hand any tighter.

"Emma.." I cringed at his tone to her

"Linan"

"Mr Smith" he corrected her before saying on

"Emma your lucky I'm a nice person and don't have you fired.. lies come out Emma." She looked like she could cry.

My steps weren't quick enough to go up them at his pace. Looking Around for Jay I felt nervous and sick to the stomach... we went straight into his office and he was searching for something.

"What you looking for?"

"A contact number... I remember Linda giving me it.. can you go to Linda's desk and shut it down for me.."

"Sure.." her desk was clean and tidy. A few emails set aside but I did as he asked and closed it a down.

"Ready.." I asked him

"Yeah.. can you just hold this for me.." he gave me his iPad and few documents..

I followed him out and walked to the left leaving me on my own.

"Babe come on.." he called and people were watching.

"Mr Smith is Linda okay" a middle aged women asked

"Not really. But it will be fine...Babe come on.." he held his hand out to me..

He knocked on this door and went inside..