chapter 14 Alex

"Darling dad didn't mean it, hes just angry, confused even"

"Can you come get me....... dads started on Me he's not listening...... At mums .... can you come get me"

Just hearing his voice made me cry.

"No mum dad isn't, he doesn't want to believe me that's all "

"Wait..."

"I'm sorry mum but it's true, Mel is having Richards baby wether dad wants to believe it or not!"

"Let her go..." dad yelled

"See mum... why am I bothering"

"Blaming Richard yet she gets dropped of by some bloke in a expensive car..." he called again

"See... wouldn't matter what I say won't change what dad thinks!"

"Darling wait don't go..." I grabbed my bag and walked down the steps with mum behind me.. even though mum was pleading I couldn't stay.

"Mum dad won't listen and ..... why am I bothering....hurry up lonan" I cried then appeared his car. Mum stood at the house and I just walked straight to lonan who couldn't get out the car quick enough.

"What happened." His tone was strong and caring, worried infact

"Dad.." I mumbled as he pulled me to him. His chest was beating quick

"What?"

"He wouldn't listen... I want to go home..."

"No get in the car..I'll sort this"

"I want to go home..."

"Actually come with me....this can not carry on...." he took my hand and marched us back towards my mum who was crying

"Im sorry Mrs Cooper but I need to see your husband" his broad shoulders straighten out wide and he stood straight. With his jacket hugging his tight muscles.

"He is inside...Alex" mum stepped aside as she clasped her mouth

"Hug your daughter" he told my mum and released my hand.

"Excuse me Mr Cooper.... im Lonan Smith." That was the first time over the few days I have ever heard lonan introduce himself like it. Like he is someone important and someone to be listened too.

"I don't care who you are.. your just another man in a posh car, no doubt a big house.. lots of money"

"Sir excuse me but that has nothing to do with this ... I may have a expensive car out there and a big house with a fat bank account but I have worked hard and long hours to get to where I am now so i will not have you belittle me. Mr Cooper your daughter... you don't know everything"

"Everyhing... I know everything she had a good man and she cheated once and cheated again... now she is here for sympathy..." dad stared at me while i stood behind lonan with mum

"Cheated... No Mr Cooper... Your wrong"

"Lonan don't please.." I asked him

"Alex hasn't told you the truth for many reason and you sir being her dad regardless should support her yet your making her feel worse about what's been going on..." lonan had my who dad's attention now.. Mum wiped my eyes and lonan carried on saying.

"Mr Cooper your other daughter mel... she is with Richard.. has been for many years.."

"Your wrong"

"Am I.... ring her.. ask her...."

"No... I don't need too....just leave..." Dad dismissed Lonan like he always does to everyone

"Alex no stay... you know sir this girl standing here needed some help yet she couldn't come here in fear.. she came to me by accident and you know what at least she trusted me enough to be honest... " lonan was strong

"Get out now" my dad bellowed.

"Come here.... now look these are from that amazing man you hold on such a pedestal.. now I hope your happy...Come on lets go..." he pulled my sleeve up and then put his arm around my neck and walked me out to his car.

"Lets, go..." His word were soft and caring

"Alex... I didn't know" mum weakly said to me

"I know mum... ill ring you" mum stood there about to cry.

We got to his car and lonan was strong and pissed off I could tell.

"Lonan.."

"I'm sorry I can't handle you being upset like this.... when I heard you crying down the phone i was already in the car..." he frownd at me

"I'm sorry"

"Dont be.... your dad has much to be sorry for... I'm sorry I had show them" I just nodded and hugged, him again to which i felt him kiss my head.

"Can we go" I mumbled

"Yes babe lets go to my mums..."

I pulled my seat belt on and mum had gone inside too.. lonan pulled out quickly as few of the,neighbours watched. We didn't speak at all just a,few glances at each other.. I knew he was looking at me and I couldn't look at him.. why am I relying on him so much.. we finally got to his parents house andit was pretty.. a couple cars on t he driveway. He turned the engine off and looked to me with pursed lips.

"I've ruined your day"

"Not at all... better your here anyway..." I just sighed and cupped my hands together, he rubbed my hand as he took his hand off the gear stick.

"Thank you lonan i know keep saying it but I mean it."

"You don't need to though.... I .... cant believe im going to say this... leaving you at your mums this morning I felt lonely... I've got used to you being around.... and I hate seeing you so upset." With them words my tummy pinged with mixed feelings, He rubbed his forehead then looked at me searching for something