Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

Anneti-social tarafından

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... Daha Fazla

Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Celestial Voyager
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Fickle Cloudstrike
Havoc: Formless Blade
Havoc: Annihilation
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
The Masterplan
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

Return to Liyue

9.2K 157 99
Anneti-social tarafından

Inazuma was a lot to take in.

Getting there was a lot of trouble and staying there sure as hell was worth plenty more. No doubt it has its fair share on inflicting not only physical but also mental damage to our main heroine.

Indeed, it was a lot to take in.

Sure there were plenty of good times too, like when she went to the festival with Ayaka and watched the fireworks with Yoimiya. But aside from those maybe the only other bright side was the hangouts in the Komore teahouse. Meeting Taroumaru was a treat on itself.

It would've been nice if it was where Lumine was staying for the moment though. Wishful thinking is what one would call that.

After the incident of her almost storming to the Delusion Factory by herself she was forced to come back to Liyue as a command from Kokomi.

Beidou and Kazuha had a hard time trying to convince Lumine to come with them, they had to resort to restraining her so she wouldn't do anything stupid.

Even if Paimon's with her it was no doubt that Paimon would've not known what to do if she got in trouble.

So for her own safety, they left her in the care of Zhongli. They did consider bringing her all the way back to Mondstadt but they feared no one will stop her from doing what she wanted, after all, they do value freedom most there.

"I have taken a day off to come to your aid, it seems Inazuma's current Archon has given you much more trouble than I anticipated." Zhongli commented. "If you ever need advice on how-"

"The Fatui are behind it again." Lumine muttered.

"I'm sorry?" Zhongli looked at her confused.

"I have to go back and face them, they should get-"

"Calm down."

"Yeah Lumine, maybe collect your thoughts first before deciding what to do next. Paimon knows that you can do it but we need a plan first." Lumine's trusted companion said.

"Deep breaths Lumine. I'll go get some tea to maybe calm your nerves." Zhongli said as he excited the room.

Not long after a knock was heard on the door, which was odd considering that it was too fast for Zhongli to have prepared tea.

"That was fast." Paimon commented, verbalizing what Lumine was thinking a moment ago.

"Just a second." Lumine said as she approached the door.

To her surprise it was someone she didn't think she'll run into, specially not in the vicinity of Zhongli's home.

"Oh. Lumine. What, why are you here?" The red-head looked at her with wide eyes. Clearly, he wasn't expecting her either.

"I could ask you the same." She snapped at him.

"Woah, hey now. I don't recall soing something that will make you mad at me." Childe propped his hands up. "I was just heare to discuss matters with Mr. Zhongli."

"Oh, he went out." Lumine said, her voice showing how annoyed she was.

"Went out? He's not going shopping is he? Did he bring mora?" Childe looked out from behind him.

Lumine paused, remembering Zhongli's bad habit of not bringing mora with him where he goes. She couldn't help but chuckle seeing as to how Childe got used to being Zhongli's wallet too.

"Oh, you're smiling again. I get that you're not mad at me?" Childe raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"I'm mad at the fact that you're part of the Fatui, a harbinger nonetheless." Lumine's expression reverted back to an annoyed one.

"Maybe one day then." Childe shrugged.

The fact that they're not on each other's throats goes to show that they're not exactly enemies. But they're not exactly friends either, as long as there are no orders they're both on the neutral.

"You still hang out with Mr. Zhongli?" Lumine asked, leaning on the door jamb as Childe stood outside.

"Depends, it's mostly business but we do dinners every once in a while. He's trying to teach me how to use the chopstick." Childe said.

"Uhuh?" Lumine looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "I'm surprised that you didn't cut ties with him after what happened." She commented.

"Business is business. I was outsmarted by a co-worker and I'll just have to accept it. My orders are to stay here and I'll just have to comply." Childe explained.

"Orders huh?" Lumine peered outside, as if she was ready to get lost in her thoughts.

"How about you? Any misadventures that happened on your trip? I heard you went to Inazuma." Childe tried to open a conversation.

Lumine stayed silent. Not wanting to talk about it.

Childe sighed and nodded. "Not that close to ask that yet huh?" He sat down the elevated part of the entrance and stared outside.

A soft breeze past them as the muted noise of the busy streets of Liyue Harbor served as their background noise.

The sun was already beginning to set, Zhongli should have come back by then. Maybe he did run into problems regarding mora.

"Are you still going to wait for him?" Lumine finally spoke up. Childe hummed in response as he looked to her direction. "Mr. Zhongli, are you going to wait for him?"

Childe shrugged. "It's not like I have other plans for this day anyway." He said.

Lumine sighed, looked at Childe and inside Zhongli's house a couple of times before deciding to simply sit beside Childe outside.

"I don't really know if I'm in the position to invite someone in." Lumine explained.

Childe chuckled. "Oh don't worry, I understand."

For a moment, the silence continued. Just them staring at the sky as it slowly turned into a lovely golden color and slowly transitioned into the night sky.

"Hey Childe." Lumine spoke up, her gaze still on the sky.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at Lumine.

"Which accessory is your delusion?" She asked.

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"You have one right?" She asked again.

"Yeah, but why are you asking right now?" Childe asked, completely confused. "Is she planning to beat me up good once and for all?" Is what Childe was thinking to himself.

Lumine's eyes shifted a bit to get a glance of Childe. He was visibly nervous. Who could blame him? She did beat him once and can probably do it again.

"No reason." Lumine said before looking out the sky once more.

Childe sighed in relief. "You know for a moment I thought you were planning to steal it from me. But then again you wouldn't need it anyway." He chuckled.

Lumine shifted a bit. Her gaze moving down the ground. "Maybe that'll be for the better." She muttered.

"What?" Childe asked.

Childe was about to ask her to elaborate until they were interrupted by the one and only Zhongli who has finally acquired whatever it was he needed to get. It seemed to have taken him a bit too long for his errand to be a simple tea.

"Why, Mr. Childe, what a pleasant surprise." Zhongli greeted his guest.

"We had an appointment and I was told you took a day off." Childe stood up from his seat. Lumine followed shortly after.

"Sincerest apologies but there has been some emergency." Zhongli's gaze turned to Lumine. He gave her a slight nod as he handed a bag which contained the result of his errands. "Careful it's quite heavy." He told Lumine who simply nodded before heading inside with the bag.

The two stayed outside. "I assume that the emergency had to do with Liyue's savior?" Childe peered inside.

"Yes." Zhongli answered simply. "Again, I'm sorry about not being to reschedule-"

"No, it's okay. I just went here cause it was also my day off anyway." Childe said, though it was only half true. It wasn't his day off but rather everyone just thought the appointment was still on. Either way, they knew he was with Zhongli.

"Shall we continue this conversation inside?" Zhongli offered. Childe did not hesitate to come in.

"Ypu must excuse the place, I didn't expect three guests to be here at once." Zhongli said as they entered.

"One moment." He told Childe before rushing to Lumine's side. He instantly began relaying her the instructions on what to do with the ingredients he got though he was doing most of the work while Lumine and Paimon simply watched. Childe included though he couldn't really see anything clearly.

Zhongli went back to Childe after leaving Lumine to just watch over the pot until the water boils. "Would you also care for some tea?" He offered.

"Uh, no thank you. I'm good." Childe declined. Zhongli was surprisingly being a great host to the both of them, which felt unusual for Childe since he was usually the host in occassions.

"Very well." Zhongli nodded. "Then, is there a different matter that I should be attending to? What was our agenda again?" He asked.

"Oh it's about the partnership deal and stuff. We could talk about it later tomorrow really." Childe said. He kept stealing short glances at Lumine, trying to read her.

He doesn't get it. Why did she suddenly ask about delusions then brushed it off so quickly? Just what happened in Inazuma that made her act like this?

Honorary knight of the Knights of Favonius in Mondstadt, a hero in Liyue, now staying temporarily with Liyue's former Archon. She has the Morax attending to her.

Perhaps she came back to spoil herself? Claim the pampering that she deserves for saving the Liyue Harbor?

There were too many things to consider as to why she returned to Liyue but her losing never crossed Childe's mind.

"Um, Mr. Zhongli." Lumine spoke up.

"Yes?" Zhongli answered.

"You wouldn't mind if I took this tea with me in my Sereniteapot right?" She asked.

"Oh, go ahead. Please take the remaining ingredients as well, it was all for you anyway." Zhongli said.

"Thank you, I'll just place it on the room you assigned me to." Lumine said.

"Of course, I'll make sure no harm comes to it." Zhongli said before Lumine proceeded to go to the room.

The moment Lumine has left the room, Childe instantly asked, "What's a Serenity Pot?"

"Serenitea. It's an adeptus gadget." Zhongli said. Childe didnt get the difference. In his mind he still hears serenity, which to be fair sounds the same.

"Is something the matter?" Zhongli asked.

"Uh, no. I'm just... I guess I should just come back tomorrow about the agenda?" Childe said standing up.

"Oh. Of course. It is getting late after all." Zhongli followed after him to tell him goodbye.

***

The next morning Lumine has yet come out of the teapot. Given that Zhongli only took one day off, he had to return to his work then.

Coincidentally, a certain redhead took this opportunity to have his own day off. Zhongli does not necessarily fully trusts Childe but he knows he won't bring harm to Lumine while he's not acting as a Fatui. It's his faith in contracts that assures him that unless Childe is ordered to, he wouldn't attack anyone.

That being said, Zhongli gladly accepted Childe's offer to look after Lumine for the day. In a way, they created a contract then and there. And of course, Childe knows the former Archon's opinions about contracts.

"Why are you still here?" Lumine asked Childe the moment she noticed him.

"Mr. Zhongli asked me to look after you." Childe said with a smile.

The traveller and her companion shared a look. "Paimon doesn't think Mr. Zhongli would ask something like that from you." Paimon said.

"Yeah, in case you didn't notice I'm not in need of any help from a Fatui." Lumine agreed.

"Fine, I asked Mr. Zhongli if I could look after you." Childe sighed with a shrug.

Once again, Lumine and Paimon looked at each other, eyebrows raised before facing Childe with the same look.

"What are you up to mister?" Paimon crossed her arms.

"Nothing! I swear! I'm here as myself not as a Fatui." Childe said.

"And why should I believe that?" Lumine asked, also crossing her arms to match Paimon's pose.

Childe sighed. "I, more or less, heard about the operation in Inazuma. I guess you could say it's my curiosity fueling me?" He said, unsure of what he said himself.

"What? You're curious why I was sent back here so you could laugh at my mistake?" Lumine glared at Childe.

"What? No, are you kidding me? I'm just... surprised?" Childe admitted. "I thought for sure the next new I'd hear about you will be being a hero in Inazuma too."

Lumine lowered her guard a little, calming her stiff posture from earlier. "Yeah, well surprise I guess." Lumine said, defeated.

She felt Paimon's hand rest on her shoulder, giving her a worried look. Lumine put her hand on top of Paimon's and gave her a weak smile.

"Look if you're so curious about it, fine ask away." Lumine said, walking to the sofa where Childe was and sitting down across him.

"Wait, really?" Childe looked surprised.

Lumine didn't say anything, she just raised an eyebrow.

"Just like that? I can really ask-"

"I changed my mind." Lumine stood up.

"Wait no no no, I'll ask. I'm just thinking of how to ask." Childe said, also standing up and reaching his hand to her as if he wanted to pull her to sit again.

"I'll make sure to pay you handsomely for the answers you-"

"Just ask the damn question." Lumine groaned.

Paimon gasped. "Lumine! Language." She said.

Lumine sighed. "Sorry, sorry. Just a bit frustrated." She said.

There was a short silence before Lumine spoke again. "Well? Are you going to ask or am I going back to my teapot?"

"I'll ask. Maybe first about your teapot. What do you mean by that?" Childe asked.

"Really? That's what you wanted to know?" Lumine lightly chuckled in disbelief.

"Paimon can explain." Paimon volunteered. "If you're wondering about her Sereniteapot it's simply Lumine and Paimon's portable home." She said.

"Oh, that's it?" Childe's eyebrows furrowed. That wasn't really much help for him.

He then tried to ask more follow up questions about it, to which Paimon answered with confidence. Lumine simply sat there agreeing to whatever Paimon said.

As time went on, Childe was no longer getting the information he wanted nor was it a conversation he wanted to keep having.

He already made many tangents in the conversation to try and get Lumine to talk too but none of it were working. He talked about his own house, his family, even his hobbies, probably almost his life story and still no talk from Lumine.

"This is good and all but is it okay if I have a conversation with just Lumine?" Childe sighed.

He heard a laugh, a soft giggle, before realizing he accidentally said his thoughts out loud.

"Oh, so speaking to Paimon is not good enough huh?" Paimon crossed her arms. This made Lumine laugh once more.

"Sorry Paimon." Childe laughed in a sort of forced one. Lumine turned to Paimon who was pouting.

"Alright then, Paimon will just leave you two on your conversation. But I'll still keep an eye on you." Paimon gave one last death glare to Childe before magically disappearing out of their sight.

Childe waited for Lumine's laughter to die down before talking again. "Is she gone?" He asked.

"Oh she's here. Somewhere." Lumine said.

"Oh." He simply said.

A short silence. "Where was I?" Childe asked.

"You were talking about fishing with your father." Lumine said.

"Ah yes." Childe said. "Wait, no that's not what I wanted to talk about." Childe shook his head. This made Lumine laugh again.

Childe just sighed, using one of his hands to hide his flustered face.

Once Lumine finished her laugh again, she sighed as well. A deep sigh. "You're going to ask abour delusions in Inazuma right?" Her voice sounding sad, a bit dissonant.

Childe looked at her. "Yeah." He said weakly. Noticing the sudden shift in her mood.

Lumine stayed silent, her eyes on the door but her mind travelling elsewhere. "I'm guessing this is because of when I asked which one was yours?" She asked, not bothering to look at Childe.

"Part of it, yeah." He said.

Lumine finally looked at him, stood up, then walked towards him. She eyed him carefully, leaning close whenever she spots an accessory.

"Uh, Lumine?" Childe asked as he noticed her hand getting close to his face.

"Is it this one?" Lumine held the mask that rested on Childe's head.

"What?" He asked, his face slightly flustered at the gap between the two of them.

"Your delusion, is it this one? Is the power imbued on this mask?" Lumine asked, looking Childe in the eye. "You have this on you when you use foul legacy." She added.

"Yes but-"

Before Childe could finish, Lumine has already swiped the mask away from him.

"Wait, no that's not the delusion but-" Childe wasn't even given a chance to continue what he was about to say again as he was cut off by the door being opened.

"Lumine wait!" He followed after her outside.

To his surprise Lumine was kneeling to the ground, sword in hand, aiming for the mask.

"Wait!" He grabbed her wrist from behind, stopping her from piercing her sword through his mask.

"What are you doing?! Why are you trying to destroy my mask?!" Childe asked, his voice clearly full of frustration.

"Look, I don't know why you want my delusion so bad but my mask is not it okay?" Childe said as he struggled to stop Lumine from destroying his mask that laid on the ground.

"Then which is it?" Lumine's voice cracked. "Which..."

Childe heard a hiccup. Very soft crying was now audible.

Her grip loosened and her sword slowly disappeared. Only when the sword was surely gone was Childe able to loosen his grip on Lumine's wrist.

The moment he let go, Lumine's hands went to cover her face. She was still kneeling on the ground, Childe right behind her.

He was so confused on what was happening at the moment. So confused about why she cared so much about his delusion and why does she want to get rid of it so badly.

What happened in Inazuma?

Childe went beside her. "Look, I can't just get rid of my delusion. Or this mask. It's sort of part of my job." He said, in the softest voice he could speak as he reached for his mask.

Lumine's hand stopped his when he was about to pick it up. "Then please... please don't use it too much." She said.

"I don't want to lose you to that too." Lumine said in barely a whisper.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

12.4K 260 24
⭐COMPLETED⭐ Lumine finally accepts that she is in love with Xiao. She will do whatever it takes to save him, even going as far as to sign a contract...
34.3K 1.3K 23
"i am not and will never be raiden makoto, i know that." the puppet slowly blinked her shimmer-lacking eyes as she stared at the electro archon who k...
114K 4.1K 21
♡⇢ "𝘠/𝘯... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. [...] 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥... 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸�...
47.7K 1.5K 40
"...im not gonna lie, that was pretty cringe." What happens when an impulsive but also immature person gets chucked into a game that they're in love...