The Hunter

"Captain, we recieved orders about taking back part of Tatarasumi that was infiltrated by the Fatui." A soldier told Lumine.

Lumine scoffed. "Them again." She muttered under her breath.

"How big is the area they covered?" She asked.

The soldier brought out their map, ready to answer the captain's question. "It's from here to here captain." The soldier said, pointing at the map.

"Then I'll need 5 more people to back me up." Lumine said. "Tell the others. We'll strike at sunset." She instructed.

Though it wasn't the optimal time to plan an ambush, especially if it's against the Fatui, Lumine figured it was the second best to at least give the element of surprise.

"The Fatui again?" Paimon's eyebrows furrowed. "Wait wasn't Tatarasuna where we found... Childe?" Paimon whispered his name to Lumine so the others wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, I think it's because of that." Lumine said.

"Should we talk to him first before we go attacking the Fatui?" Paimon asked.

"We don't really have much of a choice. I can't let our guest starve to death." Lumine said. "It's almost lunch time."

"Oh, you're right! Paimon was thinking of the Fatui so much that Paimon forgot about lunch." Paimon said.

"That's a new one." Lumine commented with a smug look.

"Hey! Paimon doesn't only think about food." Paimon defended herself.

"Sure sure." Lumine brushed it off.

"You head to the teapot first, I'll just tell everyone else I'll be having lunch elsewhere." Lumine said.

And with that, Paimon did what she was told.

When Lumine got a hold of the Swordfish II they are all geared up, ready to go. "Aren't you all excited?" She commented.

"Just going for a quick spar to see who'll go with you captain!" One of them said enthusiastically.

"Oh, well don't tire yourselves too much. I can't have exhausted soldiers going to battle now." Lumine said. "Maybe try a less energy draining activity?"

They all looked at each other.

"That's what I've been telling you guys." The soldier who told Lumine about the news earlier commented.

"Okay but what do you suggest playing then?" They turned to him.

"What about a game of tick-tac-toe?"

***

The matter was quickly settled because of Lumine's suggestion. Fortunately, it didn't end up in a heated arguement though they did have to go with having 6 members come in than the 5 as planned because of a tie that took more matches than they anticipated.

It ended in a draw multiple times so Lumine figured one more person going with them wouldn't really be much of a problem, plus it was already almost passed lunch when they finished.

"I'll be right back real quick, Paimon's waiting for me." Lumine said and finally excused herself.

She arrived in her teapot with the very delicious aroma welcoming her.

"Oh, perfect. You're just in time for lunch." A very satisfied Childe said, noticing the traveler who just entered.

"I hope you don't mind, I used some of the ingredients in your kitchen." He added as he entered the kitchen. Lumine followed after him.