A wave of Goodbyes

After 2 nights of staying under Zhongli's care, Lumine figured that it would be best if she head on out. Zhongli was visibly swamped with work after just one day off so she felt bad just adding to his burden.

Zhongli insisted it was not any trouble for him but he didn't really protest in Lumine leaving to go back to Mondstadt. As long as it wasn't to Inazuma then it was good.

Before Lumine left to go back to Mondstadt though, Zhongli accompanied her first to meet Beidou. It was Beidou who entrusted Lumine to him in the first place so he thought it would be fitting to inform her of Lumine's travel plans.

Fortunately, they were able to find her near the docks giving orders to some of her crews. They were in the middle of finishing up boarding their newly collected rations that were commissioned by The Resistance.

Zhongli went on to talk to Beidou himself, leaving Paimon and Lumine watching from a short distance. In the middle of Zhongli's explanation that sounded like a whole novel being read out to Beidou, a certain Inazuman stowaway approached Lumine and Paimon.

"Lumine, Paimon, it is a pleasure to see you both again. How have you been?" Kazuha asks the two.

"Paimon's great! Mr. Zhongli has been really nice to Paimon and Lumine." Paimon replied with a huge smile, to which Lumine nodded to.

"Is that so? Well, that is wonderful to hear." Kazuha also smiled. "Is it true that you wanted to return to Mondstadt?" He asks.

"Yeah, I figured travelling around would help me loosen up better than staying in one place." Lumine explained.

"I see, that does seem like a better idea." Kazuha nodded as his hands rested on his chin.

"Kazuha! We're departing in an hour! Make sure you don't forget anything!" Beidou yelled to get their attention. It was only then that they noticed Zhongli and Beidou was finished talking.

"It seems that I should be heading out. It was nice talking to you two again. Maybe I should also visit too if and when the opportunity comes." Kazuha said as he waved goodbye.

"Yeah! Paimon and Lumine will show you around if ypu want! Safe travels Kazuha!" Paimon waved her hand exaggeratedly.

"Bye Kazuha!" Lumine mirrored Kazuha's more calm wave with a smile.

Just when they were about to head out Beidou called them. "Wait!" Beidou said approaching the two.

"What's the rush? Eager to head to Mondstadt already?" Beidou asked. "Don't have more time on your schedule to talk to me?"

"Oh, no no no. We just thought you'll be heading out too." Lumine shook her head.

"Yeah, you seemed like you were very busy so we didn't want to take more of your time." Paimon agreed.

Beidou laughed. "Relax I'm just kidding you. I just wanted to greet your travels and wish you a safe trip as well. I already got the gist of it from Mr. Zhongli." Beidou explained.

"Oh yeah, Paimon's been meaning to ask. How did you know about Mr. Zhongli in the first place?" Paimon asked.

"I'm wondering too, out of all the people we knew in Liyue he was the one you contacted for us." Lumine said.

"Well, I've heard rumors surrounding Mr. Zhongli from my men before, he seemed interesting. I also hear about him from Xiangling from time to time. Xiangling was right about him being remarkable." Beidou explained. "He even gave some suggestion of where to gather other supplies and such. That man is a man of knowledge for sure. Maybe he and Ningguang would get along." Beidou put her hand on her chin.