โค Dildariyaan: Tales Of Love โค

By books_heart23

"I think the perfection of love is that it's not perfect." ~Taylor Swift "Love recognizes no barriers. It jum... More

โคAasโ™ฅ๏ธ
โ™ฅ๏ธ2โ™ฅ๏ธ
โ™ฅ๏ธ3โ™ฅ๏ธ
โ™ฅ๏ธ4โ™ฅ๏ธ
โ™ฅ๏ธ5โ™ฅ๏ธ
๐ŸYeh Raha Dil๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ2๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ3๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ4๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ5๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ6๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ’•Ishq Main Tere ๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•2๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•3๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•4๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•5๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•6๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•7๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ’•8๐Ÿ’•
๐Ÿ•ŠJunoon๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š2๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š3๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š4๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š5๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š6๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š7๐Ÿ•Š
๐Ÿ•Š8๐Ÿ•Š
Author's Note
๐Ÿ’˜Mehboob Qadmon Main๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿ’˜2๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿ’˜3๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿ’˜4๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿ’˜5๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿ’˜6๐Ÿ’˜
๐Ÿฅ€Teri Chahat Kay Hisaar Main๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿฅ€2๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿฅ€3๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿฅ€4๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿฅ€5๐Ÿฅ€
Important Announcement
๐Ÿฅ€6๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿฅ€8๐Ÿฅ€
๐Ÿ’ŒMuhabbat Kitabon Si๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ2๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ3๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ4๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ5๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ6๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ7๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ8๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’Œ9๐Ÿ’Œ
๐Ÿ’œRaaz-E-Qalb๐Ÿ’œ (ON HOLD)
๐Ÿ’œ2๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ3๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ4๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ5๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ6๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ7๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œ8๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ”ฅSehar๐Ÿ”ฅ

๐Ÿฅ€7๐Ÿฅ€

4.6K 343 48
By books_heart23

Maange Jo Mujh Say Tere Naam Ka Sadqa
Main Khud Ko Phenk Doon Tere Sar Say Waar Kar

🥀🥀🥀

Since the time Darain was just a child, he has been hearing about his mother's sister like best friend. His mother talked about her so often with tears in her eyes that he probably knew her more than his own mother. He knew how important Samra was for Rehana, even more important than herself.

So when his mother found about her passing, he felt the grief that Rehana was feeling. He saw her crying even more than she cried for her husband. For the first time he felt really helpless seeing his mother like that.

The second time he felt helpless was yesterday. The second time he felt the pain of another was when he saw Inara crying on that bench in the rain. In that moment Darain felt like he would light the world on fire if something happened to her.

When Rehana asked Darain to marry Inara, he hesitated at first. Not because Inara couldn't see but because she was older than. No man in the world would want a woman that was older than him and he was also a man. But then he agreed, because his mother was the most important for him and he couldn't defy her. He married her out of sympathy for her and love for his mother.

But when that sympathy turned into admiration and developed into love, he didn't know. All he knew was that he was really stupid for hesitating at the beginning. He felt thankful towards Rehana for giving Inara to him. He knew Rehana started loving Inara like her daughter in just one meeting. The way Rehana treated Inara, even he started feeling a bit jealous to see all the love being showered on her. But now he knew why. Seeing and knowing her, anyone would fall in love with her, she was beautiful, inside and outside.

It was now impossible to imagine a life where Inara wouldn't be with him. And he didn't even want to imagine that life. All he wanted to imagine and live was a life full of love and respect with Inara. He wanted to shower so much of love on Inara that she would forget about all the pain and sadness in her life. He would become the eyes that she didn't have.

He smiled at the sight in front of him. He was on his side on the bed, holding his head on the palm of his hand, elbow supporting the hand. He was looking at a sleeping Inara whose one hand was placed on the pillow besides her head and the other hand was on her stomach.

He was staring intensely at her, feeling thankful to Allah for bringing Inara to his life. He never knew he could fall in love with someone this fast. The more he looks at her, the harder he falls for her.

He watched Inara wrinkling her nose in her sleep, probably feeling irritated at the lock of hair that was teasing her face. Darain's smile deepened at her irritated expressions. She looked so adorable, and he probably looked creepy for staring at her while she was sleeping. He didn't care though, she was his wife. He had all the right to stare at her all he wanted. He brought his other hand towards her hair, placing it softly behind her ear, away from her face.

He felt mischievous but before he could do what he wanted to since yesterday, he felt Inara stirring. As soon as she opened her eyes, he straightened himself quickly, pretending to sleep, forgetting that Inara wouldn't see him anyways.

When he felt no movement from her, he opened his eyes slowly and looked at Inara who was just staring the ceiling. "Are you awake?" He asked a really stupid question after few minutes when she didn't move at all and he knew that.

Inara startled on hearing his voice. She thought he wasn't in the room since she didn't feel any movement next to her. "No, I sleep with my eyes open." She felt giddy for some unknown reason. Maybe because of what almost happened yesterday night, but she felt free after so many months. She felt as if someone just handed her the secret to life.

Darain chuckled at her answer. He knew she felt the same as him or else she wouldn't ask him to sleep next to her. That moment those words left her lips, a huge smile had appeared on his face. He laid next to her without saying anything and he wanted to take their relationship to the next level, but he knew she wasn't ready. God knows how he stopped himself yesterday but he would only take that step when Inara would want. He knew that day wouldn't be far since she had already took the first step towards him, by allowing him to sleep next to her.

"I didn't know you had that talent." He took hold of her hand in his own. He saw a dark shade on her face as he intertwined their fingers together. There was an unspoken confession between them, an unspoken but known feelings that they could feel from each other.

"You have no idea what I am capable of." Inara said jokingly.

"Don't worry, we have our whole life to figure out your capabilities." Darain whispered with surety.

Inara like the sound of it, the feeling of being with him forever.

"Oh, I have something for you." Darain suddenly got up from the bed and went towards the table opposite the bed. He came back to the bed, holding a box in his hand. He opened it while Inara waited for him to day something.

He took hold of Inara's hand and placed the object on her palm. Inara frowned as she felt the cold metal on her palm, she knew instantly what it was. "A cell phone?"

"Yes, a cell phone. I am sorry I couldn't get you one before. If I had given it to you before, you wouldn't have had to wait for me yesterday. I bought it the day before yesterday but forgot to give it to you." He muttered with regret.

"It wasn't your fault Darain." Inara assured him. She didn't want him to feel guilty for something that was out of his control.

"I know but I till feel guilty." He took a deep breath. "Anyways, I have installed an AI system in it. I asked one of my IT friend to install it. You can just speak on it and won't have to use your fingers for it. You just need to command the phone and it will do whatever you want, obeying your command. Think of the phone as me. I have saved mine, Faris's and home telephone's number in it. Haleema bhabhi and Rabia bhabhi's number is also in there. My number is also on speed dial." He explained the features to Inara.

Inara just listened to him, feeling her heart full on his concern for her. She wished she could hide him and herself in a small box where only two of them will be, no one else. Just them in their small little world. At that moment she knew. She knew she was starting to fall for him or maybe she was already gone far beyond.

"Agar main tumse kuch mangoon?" Inara asked suddenly, stopping Darain's explanation. (If I ask something from you?)

"Mango!" He said with a smile. (Ask!)

"Agar main tumse yun boloon?" (If I speak to you about?)

"Bolo!" (Speak!)

"Agar yeh meri tamanna ho?" (If this is my desire?)

"Kya?" (What?)

"Mere dil ki yeh khuwahish ho?" (If my heart has a wish that..?)

"Kay?" (That?)

"Zindagi main jab tum ko pukaroon, main tumhara saath chahoon toh?" (In life whenever I call out to you, ask for you to always stand by me?)

"Humesha mujhe apne saath paogi." He promised, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. (You will always find me with you.)

Inara smiled with tears in her eyes. She was grateful to find a life partner like Darain next to her. Who wouldn't fall in love with a person like Darain? Someone who accepted her with her disability without asking for anything in return. Who stood by her in every step she took, who shouted at her own blood because of her. She would be stupid to not fall for Darain.

Kisi Maanoos Lamhe Main Kisi Maanoos Chehre Say
Muhabbat Ki Nahi Jaati, Muhabbat Ho Hi Jaati Hai

🍃🍃🍃

Inara walked towards the balcony that had become her second favourite spot in the last few months. The first was the lawn. She always wondered to that part of the house to feel the fresh air but today she was going there for something else.

It was still morning, Darain had already gone to work since he had an important meeting at the hospital. She was still in the room and was about to head downstairs for breakfast. Before she could wander downstairs, her feet automatically took her towards the balcony where she knew that she was still there.

She wanted answers and only she could give them to her. She hadn't yet forgotten the trauma she went through yesterday, even though Darain's closeness had decreased the intensity. She could still feel the fear in her heart.

Inara suddenly stopped, extending her hand to feel if she had reached her destination. When she felt the cold glass on her hand, she sighed. She moved closer and searched for the latch. Once she found it, it didn't take long to open the latch and the door.

Hanam jerked at the sound of the glass opening. She sat on the floor with her knees hugging her chest, her head on them. Her eyes were swollen due to crying, her body shivering with cold, and her clothes wet, sticking to her body. If someone who didn't know her saw her in this state, they would feel sympathy for her. But Inara had no sympathy for her, it all died when she found herself at the mall all alone.

She looked at the person standing by the glass door and scoffed. "Ab kya lenay aayi ho? Kal dil nahi tha bhara? (Why did you come? Were you not satisfied yesterday?)

Inara shook her head, not moving to look in her direction. "Rassi jal gayi par bal nahi gaya." She wasn't going to get away with her behaviour and Inara wanted to make sure of that. She had been silent for very long, thinking that she was a child and will stop. She also remained quiet because she didn't want a fight to start in the house because of her but now the water had gone way above her head. No child would do what she did last night. If she was quiet before because of respect for Darain and Rehana aunty and also because she didn't have confidence before, but now she wasn't going to remain silent as if whatever was happening was not towards her but someone else. (Wolves may lose their teeth, but not their nature.)

"Yehi rassi tumhare gale ka phanda banegi!" Hanam screamed with pure malice. (The same wolf will eat you alive.)

Inara rolled her eyes at her empty threat. "Us say pehle yeh rassi ko kaat phenkoon gi." (I will destroy that wolf before that.)

"Tum mujhe dhamki de rahi ho?" Hanam glared at her. (Are you threatening me?)

Inara chuckled. "Main kon hoti hoon tumhe dhamki denay wali. Bas warn kar rahi hoon kay mujh se door raho. Ab main pehle jaisi bichari nahi hoon. Tumhe mera pata nahi hai, idhar aane say pehle main kya cheez thi. Apne haq kay liye mujhe ladna bhi aata, marna bhi aur.... maarna bhi." (Who am I to threaten you? I am only warning you to stay away from me. I am not the poor Inara now. You have no idea about me, what I was before I came here. I know how to fight for my right. I can sacrifice myself or kill someone else for it.)

Saying that she turned around and started to walk away, leaving the door open so she can also leave. No matter how hurt she was, she still felt bad for Hanam, and by punishing her more, she didn't want to become like her. Inara would never be Hanam.

She didn't know where she got so much confidence in just one night... or maybe she knew. Darain. Darain had unknowingly become the reason for her confidence. She knew no one could harm her as long as Darain was with her, protecting her.

"Tum jis shaks ki wajah itna itra rahi ho na, woh tumahra kabhi nahi ho sakay ga. Kyunke tars par banay rishte kabhi tikte nahi hain. Bohot jald unhe ehsaas ho jayega kay aik andhi kay saath zindagi guzarna kitna mushkil hai. Abhi toh tumhare husn par mat mitay hain, lekin husn zyada dair tak unhe rija nahi payega. Pachtaye gay woh tumhe apni zindagi main laa kar. Bhoj ho tum unke liye, aik aisa bhoj jo khud kuch nahi kar sakti. Jisay hilnay kay liye bhi dusron ka mohtaj hona parta. Aisay insaan kay saath zyada tar guzara nahi ho sakta. Agar unhon nay bohot jald tumhe iss ghar or zindagi say na nikala, toh mera naam badal dena."

(On the basis of the person that you are flying so high, that person will never be yours. Because relationships based on pity never last long. It won't be long when he realizes how hard it is to spend life with a blind person. He is fallen for your beauty now but that attraction won't be able to satisfy him for long. He will regret bringing you to his life. You are. a burden on him, a burden that can't do anything on her own, someone who needs someone for even moving. One can not live with such person for long. If he doesn't throw you out of this house or his life soon, then change my name.)

Inara listened to her nonsense, without turning around to face her. Her palms were shaped in a tight fists, so tight her knuckles turned white with the force. She wanted to turn around and slap her across the face so hard that she would think hundred times before insulting her again. Darain's slap seemed to have no effect on her. What kind of a person was Hanam? Why was she filled with so much hatred for her since day one?

"Toh Miss Hanam, apne liye koi naya naam dhoondh lena. Kyunke mere jeete jee toh tumhari khuwahish puri nahi hogi." She answered with such coldness that even Hanam froze for a second. (Then Miss Hanam, think of a new name. Because until I am alive, your wish will not be fulfilled.)

🍃🍃🍃

Inara sat in her room, biting her bottom lip so hard that she could taste blood in her mouth. Her leg was moving aggressively as her hands were once again formed in fists.

Word were ringing in her ears. Words that she heard on her parents funeral. Words that pierced her heart on her wedding day. Words that made her heart bleed since she married Darain.

"I can't marry a blind person. I don't want to ruin my life."

"I am sorry Inara beta but we will have to break this engagement. "

"I can't marry you Inara, I can't carry another person's burden."

"I hope you can understand my point of view."

"How can Rehana marry her capable son to a blind girl?"

"Aik andhi ladki ghar kaisay banaye gi tumhare betay ka?" (How will a blind girl maintain your son's house?)

"Darain kay liye yehi mili thi chachi? Hum logon may kya kami thi?" (You could only find her for Darain aunty? What was wrong with us?)

"Apne bete ko itna parhaya tumne, iss ladki ko iske pallay bhandhne kay liye?" (You educated your son to marry him to a girl like her?)

"Apne toh kaha tha lakhon main aik lay kar aayain gi Darain kay liye phupho, lekin aap nay toh waqai yeh kar dikhaya. Aisi ladkiyan lakhon main aik hi hoti hain." (Phupho you said that you will marry your son to a girl one in a million but you really did that. Girls like her are one in a million.)

"Pachtaye gain woh tumhe apni zindagi main laa kar." (He will regret bringing you in his life.)

"Bhoj ho tum unke liye!" (You are a burden for him.)

"Pachtaye gain woh." (He will regret.)

"I can't marry a blind person."

"I don't want to ruin my life."

"Pachtaye gain woh!" (He will regret.)

"Tars par banay rishte zyada tar tikte nahi." (Relations based on pity never last long.)

"Pachatye gain woh!" (He will regret.)

Inara knew she shouldn't pay heed to those words. She should trust Darain. She did trust him but those words.... these words were haunting her. Words that are born from people's mouths and die in their ears. But some words don't die. They go into people's heart and survive. Such words were now living in her heart, they were hurting her from inside slowly but deeply.

Words had never bothered her before but her blindness had given them a way to hurt her more than her not being able to see. They had stopped for a while because of Darain but they started again. They started their torture again all because of someone's hatred.

People never look at someone's achievements, they only look at their flaws. Before that day that snatched everything from her, she had everything. She was a successful entrepreneur, people respected her. They acknowledged her work and praised her for her achievements. Everyone wanted to come to her boutique to shop. Everyone respected her. Everyone wanted their son to marry her. But it all changed. Just one incident and all that respect and achievements disappeared into thin air. All people remembered was her blindness. Her only achievement was that she was blind. Her only flaw had become her biggest flaw which overshadowed every talent of hers, which made her a broken and under confident woman from a woman who was full of confident and was whole.

Inara clutched her chest in her heart from the emotional pain she was feeling. Breathing deeply, she tried to get a grip on herself. She chanted to herself that words are only that... words. They have no meaning and are born due to someone else's insecurities and jealousy. It had no effect on her. She wanted to stop those words from residing in her heart. She wanted to stop everything.

Inara wanted to shut everyone's mouths that she is not blind. That she can be an ideal wife for her husband, that she can be someone who stood tall like before. She wanted to be the Inara that was full of life. The Inara that couldn't let anyone speak to her with disrespect. The Inara that knew her worth.

Suddenly, another voice echoed in her brain. That voice was low, almost as if the words of that voice were uttered from a deep valley. They were low but were so clear.

"There is always a hope."

Inara opened her eyes at those words. Among all the dark words, those were ray of light. She quickly searched for her the phone on her bed near her. Once she found the phone, she started speaking on it.

"Siri, open my gmail." She uttered onto the device but got no response. "Siri!" Again no response.

Feeling irritated, she spoke into it again. "Are you deaf?"

No answer.

"Siri, are you dead?!" Inara shouted this time.

"What the hell is wrong with this woman!" She yelled frustratingly. She felt irritated at Darain, what kind of phone did he get her. He said it will listen to her. But it seemed like Siri was not in a mood to answer. Was the battery dead? No, Darain said it was fully charged and she hadn't even used it until now so how could the battery be dead.

Then she remembered Darain's sentence, "think of the phone as me". A smile came on Inara's face at the meaning behind those words. That realization made her decision to do what she was about to do concrete.

She spoke into the phone again, but this time with softness in her voice. "Darain, are you there?"

"Yes Inara." The voice almost caused Inara to drop the phone. A teary laugh escaped her mouth on hearing Darain's voice from the phone. He had installed his own voice in it.

"Darain, I love you." She whispered, a glow on her face that could make anyone blind if they looked into her face. But behind that glow was a pain that unbearable.

"Thank you, I love you too." Darain's robotic voice answered.

Inara smiled brightly but then got disappointed. She wished she could have the courage to say it to his face. A tear escaped her eye at that thought which she quickly wiped away. Shaking her head, she tried not to get distracted and get to work.

"Darain, please log into my gmail account." The phone did as she said and Inara gave her email address and password. Once logging in, she gave the next order.

"Darain, look for an email from Steven Adam and download the attachment from the mail. Thank you."

"Attachment successfully downloaded."

Inara took a deep breath. "Please send the downloaded attachment to contact named Rabia on whatsapp."

"Attachment sent to Rabia."

"Message Rabia on whatsapp."

"Please speak your message."

"Assalamualikum Rabia, it's Inara. Can you please read this document and call me when you are free?"

"Message sent." Darain's voice emerged from the phone.

Inara took a deep breath and waited for Rabia's call.

She was sure that what she was about to do will change her life. She was about to do something that would be hard but it was the only option she was left with.

🍃🍃🍃

It was a week after, a week full of restlessness and worry for Inara. She was anxious to the core to hear from Rabia. Once she would get the signal from her, then only could she take the next step.

Darain had been noticing her behaviour since the past week. He could feel the restlessness and anxiosuness radiating from her. He had many times noticed her zoning out for more than two minutes. She had also eaten half of her nails and Darain was surprised to know another of her habit.

He had asked her about it but she just shrugged it off saying that she was just missing her parents. It wasn't a lie but not the truth either. Inara felt bad for hiding things from him but she would only talk to him when she would get a positive response from Rabia.

In the past week, Inara had almost no confrontation with Hanam. If they were in the same room, neither of them spoke to each other even though she would feel her glare on herself. But Inara remained quite. Like before, Hanam hadn't mad any taunts towards her which was peaceful for her.

"Message received from Rabia." The robotic Darain uttered, snapping Inara out of her thoughts.

Inara's heart started beating rapidly, her palms sweating with anticipation. There was a tiny hint of fear present as well but she ignored it. There was no time and space for fear in her life anymore. If she focused on that fear, she would not be able to do what she had planned.

"Darain read the message please." Inara whispered.

"Date: 15th March, Time: 10:45am. Please think again." The phone answered. "Think of Darain."

Inara's heart stopped for a moment. 15th March. It was exactly one month from now on. It was too soon. She wanted more time. She needed more time.

No Inara, no backing down now. She had to stand firm on her decision. This decision was best for everyone, especially Darain. For his life to become normal, she had to take that decision. But what should she do about the heart that was crying thinking about the future.

🍃🍃🍃

Another week had passed but Inara could not gather the courage to tell Darain anything. Whenever she would open her mouth, words wouldn't get out.

Darain could sense that Inara wanted to tell him something but she never spoke. She had stopped talking to him like before. He feel the tension and distance between them and he hated it. His heart pained thinking about it.

Everything was fine two weeks ago, so what happened? Why was Inara creating a distance between them? He thought Inara also loved him and she was happy. Then what happened since that morning? No matter how much he thought, he could not figure her out. He spent every day of his in stress, he could not concentrate on his work or anything else. He could see Inara become the Inara who was full of grief and pain when she arrived in Pakistan.

Haathon Ki Lakeeron Main Yeh, Soye Kyun Naseeb Rabba
Hoke Bhi Kareeb Koi, Hove Na Kareeb Rabba

He wanted to hold her and ask her what was wrong. Maybe he did something unknowingly. Maybe Hanam said something to her again. Maybe she really was missing he parents but why distance herself from him. No matter how much he thought about it, there was nothing that made sense.

With those thoughts circulating his mind, Darain entered the room. His gaze went straight towards the bed where Inara laid, her one arm placed above her eyes. But he knew she wasn't asleep.

Inara knew that Darain had entered the room but she made no move to acknowledge him. Her mind was racing with different thoughts, and her heart felt as if it would burst out.

She felt him go towards the dressing table and take his watch off. She could not see but could feel all that he was doing. Something that she was habitual of. He then went towards the cupboard and took out his clothes before heading to the washroom.

As soon as the washroom door closed, Inara sat up. She felt regret for ignoring him, of creating a distance between then unknowingly. Everything was going fine but she was responsible for the tension between them. Why did she stop talking to him? Why was she avoiding him? Maybe it was because she felt guilty for going behind his back. She felt guilt for hiding things from him. But she had no other option.

Darain came out of the washroom and looked at a sitting Inara, who was again biting her nails.

Apna Tumhe Kiya Magar
Apne Na Tum Huye
Kyun Seene Say Lagaya Tha
Kyun Ajanbee Huye

"What's going on Inara?" Darain asked softly, walking closer to her.

Inara gulped. "Noth-nothing."

Darain sighed and sat in front of her on the bed. He took hold of her hands in his own. Her hands were ice cold. He looked worriedly at Inara, he could see a sheen of sweat on her forehead. Despite the cold weather, she was sweating.

"Inara, please tell me what's bothering you? Is it something that I did? Please speak to me." He whispered, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Inara tightened her grip on his hands. She bit her lips, eyes starting to get wet. "If I ask you something, would you give it to me?" She mustered up the courage and spoke. Her words held no strength in them as of she didn't want to say them.

"I will give you anything you want. But please tell me what's wrong with you?" He leaned a bit forward and wiped her tears. "Please don't cry, your tears hurt me."

"Why do they hurt you Darain? Why do you get so worried for me? Why do you protect me so fiercely? Why do you fight with your family for me?" She spoke, sobs escaping her mouth.

Darain sat still, seeing her cry was like getting daggers being stabbed in his heart. "Because I love you Inara. Because you are my wife Inara." He cupped her face in his hands, placing his forehead against hers.

"Why do you love me so much Darain? I do not deserve your love. I am not capable of you." She clutched his shirt tightly in his hands.

"You do not get to decide if you deserve me or not. I know what I deserve and I deserve nothing more than you Inara. You are more than capable for me." He answered, placing a long and soft kiss on her forehead.

Inara hiccuped, feeling happy yet pain on his words. She was about to hurt him, she was about to take her away from him. "Don't love me so much Darain that it would become unbearable to go away from you."

Darain froze on her words. He opened his eyes and looked at her face, their faces just centimetres away. "What do you mean?" He knew what she meant but she didn't want to believe them. Maybe he heard wrong.

"You said you will give me what I want." She answered, tears still dripping down her face.

"Please don't ask me something that could kill me." Darain pleaded, desperation vividly present in his voice.

"I want to get operated."

Those words dropped like bomb on his head. His grip loosened on Inara's face. His face turned pale but the person in front of him couldn't even see that.

A tear slipped past Darain's eye. "No. No. No!" He shook his head.

Inara searched for his hand and took hold of them in her own. "Please Darain."

"No!" He shouted, standing up from the bed and moving away from her. "You can't Inara. You can't!!!"

The intensity of Inara's cried increased. "Please, please."

"Why? Why all of a sudden? Do you not trust me Inara?!" He yelled.

"I trust you. Allah knows I trust you more than me."

"Then why Inara? Why can you not live with that trust?"

"I can't live like this Darain. I can't drag you down with me. You need someone who can stand with you and face the world. Someone with whom you can stand without feeling judgement from others." She whispered.

"I don't care about them Inara. If I care about people, I wouldn't have married you. If I was afraid of people, I wouldn't have loved you!" He clutched his hair in his hands. He wanted to hit something.

"But I care! I care!" Inara shouted.

"Please don't do this Inara." He pleaded.

"Why do you not want me to get my eyes back! Please this is the only chance."

"You could die Inara!" He burst out, rushing towards her and kneeling in front of her. "I won't be able to live without you." He held her hands again. "Please don't snatch yourself from me. I can't lose you."

"How do you know?" She asked in shock. No one besides her and Rabia knew about the report she got from her doctor in Spain.

"You don't think I never thought about getting your eyes back? Do you think only you love me? I wanted to desperately get you out of your misery. I wanted you to experience the world with your own eyes. Remember when we went out for the first time to that street food?" He asked.

Inara nodded. How could she forget that amazing night? The night when her heart skipped a beat for the first time for the man in front of her.

"A week before that, I had called Martha and asked for your reports. She had a copy of them with her which I received the day before that night." He paused, intertwining their fingers together. His gaze focused on their hands which fit perfectly like gloves. "I read that file. I had even spoken to one of my ophthalmologist friend. When we read over your file, he said that an operation is possible but there was only 33% chance of the success. The remaining 67% could result in you..." He stopped, not having the courage to say those words. "That's why I never spoke to you regarding that. I would rather have you with me alive and without eyes than not having you at all. I don't have that strength in me Inara. I don't."

He was crying now. Crying for his love. People say that men don't cry, that it is a sign of weakness. But they should know that the men that don't cry, those tears are not shed through their eyes but fall in their heart. Which eats them slowly from inside. Women can cry all they want but men don't even do that. It is important for both men and and women to cry so that those tears don't eat them up from inside.

"Please Darain, there is still a 33% chance. Nothing will happen to me." She did not believe herself. But what could she do? She was left with no other way. She was so stupid to forget such an important thing but she wasn't in her senses at that time. She had lost all hopes hearing about her parent's death but now she was full of hope. This was the last hope and she would clutch it with all her might.

"No, that 33% chance underwighs the 67%. There is a huge margin and I can't risk it Inara. I can't risk your life."

Inara released her hand from his and paced in in his face. Placing her forehead on his, she muttered. "Darain, this is my last hope. Please don't snatch it. Allah kehtay hain mayus nahi hona chahiye. It is possible that it will be a successful."

"What will I do without you? How will I live without you?" He cried. "Itne kam waqt main aap mere jeene ki wajah ban gayi hain. Main marr jaoonga." (You have become my reason to live in such a short amount of time. I will die.)

Inara placed kisses on his cheeks. "Mujhe maaf kardena." (Please forgive me.)

Darain knew she was not going to budge from her decision. He had no option but to surrender. All he could do was pray to Allah that nothing happens to her.

Suna Hai Teri Taqdeeron Mein
Tumhara Mera Mel Likha Hai
Jo Aisa Ho Toh Kya Darna Phir
Dekhein Toh Zara Kya Hota Hai
Mar Jaane Se Pehle Main Jee Loon Tumhein
Leja Zaroorat Ho Toh Meri Dhadkanein
In Main Sunayi Degi Meri Khuwahishain

It was later at night. They both lay on the bed, Inara's head was placed on Darain's chest. Darain's one arm was placed around her waist and the other hand's finger were running through her hair.

"When is the operation?" Darain asked, his voice breaking the silence.

Inara answered after a while. "Three weeks later. 15th March. But I need to be there two days before." Her voice was just below a whisper but Darain heard her clearly.

They both didn't speak for few minutes.

"Can you please think about it again?" Darain tried for the last time.

"I have already decided Darain." She denied.

She spoke again. "You know Darain, there is a positive side to it. If the operation is successful, I will get my eyes back... if not... I will get to meet mama and baba. Bohot yaad aatay hain mujhe woh." Tears started to slip through her eyes again. (I really miss them.)

Darain felt as if someone clutched his heart and squeezed it tightly. "Aur main? Mera khayaal nahi hai aapko?" (And me? You didn't think about me?)

Inara smiled through her tears. "Tumhara khayal kar kay hi toh yeh kar rahi hoon. Besides, you have aunty, Faris, Hadi and Hanam. Meri itni yaad nahi aayegi. Mere baad shadi kar lena aik achi si ladki dhoondh kar." (I was only thinking about you when deciding it. You won't miss me much. Find a nice girl for yourself after me and get married.)

"Bohot selfish hain aap." Darain muttered. (You are very selfish.)

"Aik toh main tumhe ijazat day rahi hoon dusri shadi ki, par selfish kon? Main? Wah!" Inara tried to lighten the mood. She was scared as well but getting scared would solve nothing. She had to be brave for him and herself. (Oh, I am selfish? Wow! I am allowing you to get married again but I am selfish?)

"Tumhe jalan nahi hogi?" Darain played along, he knew she herself was scared. (Won't you be jealous?)

Inara shook her head. "Nahi, mujhe khushi hogi kay tum khush ho." (No, I will be happy that you are happy.)

"Agar main tumse zyada us say pyaar karne lagoon toh?" He teased. He had unknowingly starting using 'tum' instead of 'aap'. (What if I start loving her more than you?)

Inara was quite for few seconds. "Koi baat nahi." (It's not a problem.)

Darain sensed the pain behind her words. "Agar bardasht nahi hoga toh kyun keh rahi ho."(If you can't bear it, why say it?)

"Aur koi option nahi hai." She sniffed and Darain knew she was crying again. (There is no other option.)

He sat up with Inara still attached to him. "Abhi khud hi toh kaha kuch nahi hoga toh phir kyun bilawaja apna chota sa dimaag laga rahi hain." He placed his thumb on her cheeks and wiped the tears away. (You yourself said just now that nothing will happen then why are you using your brain so much?)

"Dil toh dukhta hai na tumhe kisi aur ka hotay soch kar." She muttered innocently. Darain smiled at her innocence and jealousy. (My heart hurts thinking of you with someone else.)

He placed a kiss on her nose, causing tingle to spread in her body. "Toh phir aisi baatain kiya bhi na karo jo tumhare khud ka dil dukhaye." (Then never speak of something that hurts your own heart.l

Inara nodded with a pout. Darain felt intense love for her. Her eyes and face were red due to her constant crying. Her hair were messed up on her face, some of the hair were scattered on her face, sticking to her tears. She was a beautiful sight.

Darain softly gathered those hair placed it behind her ear. He bent forward placing his lips on her wet eyes. He dragged his lips from her eyes to her cheeks. From the cheek, they moved lower towards her jaw. Inara's eyes dropped down, lips quivering with the emotions that were starting to spread in her body.

"Da-Darain." She whispered with intense emotions.

"Jee Darain ki Inara?" He answered, his eyes trailing across her slender neck, stopping on her small brown birth mark. The birth mark always pulled him towards her. It always enticed him, calling him towards itself.

"Chodo." She mumbled, eyes closing in his closeness. (Leave me.)

Darain placed his lips on her birth mark, causing Inara's breath to hitch. She forgot how to breath for few seconds. Red coated her cheeks, her palms got sweaty in nervousness. Her heart seemed as if it would jump out of her chest. "Kyun?" He mumbled in haze in between the kisses. (Why?)

Inara clutched his shirt tightly in her fists, her breathing coming out laboured. She was too lost in the sweet torture to answer his question for few moments. "Khud ko mere itna nazdeek na karo kay bicharne main takleef ho. Na do khud ko itni aziyat." (Don't come so close to me that it will hurt you when we separate. Don't give yourself so much pain.)

Darain trailed his warm lips from her neck to the corner of her lips. He laid Inara on the bed and bent over her. "Iss aziyat say bhar kar koi sakoon nahi hai. Mujhse tumhe pyaar karne ka haq na cheeno." He answered against her lips. (There is no other serenity than this pain. Don't snatch my right to love you.)

Lag Ja Gale Kay Phir Ye Haseen Raat Ho Na Ho
Shaayad Phir Is Janam Main Mulaqaat Ho Na Ho

Just as Inara opened her lips to say something, Darain pushed his lips against hers, stopping her words. A moan escaped Inara's lips at the feel of his soft lips against hers.

Tears trickled down from the corner of her eyes at his love. How could someone love another so much? How can he love her so much? Both of their lips moved together slowly with each other.

Hamko Mili Hain Aaj Yeh Ghadiyaan Naseeb Se
Ji Bhar Ke Dekh Lijiye Humko Kareeb Se
Phir Aap Ke Naseeb Main Ye Baat Ho Na Ho
Shaayad Phir Is Janam Main Mulaqaat Ho Na Ho
Lag Jaa Gale

Darain looked up at her closed tearful eyes. His own tears fell as he closed the gap between their lips again but this time it was more urgent and hard. Darain kissed her like it was his oxygen.

He took hold of her dupatta and took it off her body, throwing it somewhere on floor. Inara heart accelerated at his actions, goosebumps covered her body ad he moved on top of her.

Paas Aaiye Kay Hum Nahin Aaenge Baar Baar
Baahain Gale Main Daal Ke Hum Ro Lain Zaar Zaar
Aankhon Se Phir Ye Pyaar Ki Barasaat Ho Na Ho
Shaayad Phir Is Janam Main Mulaqaat Ho Na Ho

Both of their eyes were full of tears as they showered their love on each other. No one knew what was in their destiny but they would use all the time they had left with each other.

Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir Ye Haseen Raat Ho Na Ho
Shaayad Phir Is Janam Main Mulaqaat Ho Na Ho

🍃🍃🍃

Darain paced anxiously through the corridor, his eyes locked on the door. The door behind which his life was. The door from where he would either get his life back or would have lost it forever. He prayed desperately in his heart that it wasn't the latter.

Rehana watched her son with teary eyes. A tasbeeh was in her hand, praying profusely to Allah for her best friend's daughter and her son's wife. She had tried to stop Inara from going through this but she made her swear on Samra that she wouldn't stop her. She was helpless.

Everyone was present in front of the operation theater, waiting for the operation to be over. It ha been over 7 hours since Inara was brought inside the room. Rabia, Haleema, Faris, Hadi, Ismaeel, Saad and Adam, everyone was there.

Faris placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Everything will be fine bhai." He assured him. He couldn't see his brother like this, he was lost on what to do. He himself was feeling concerned for his sister-in-law who had become his sister in such a short time.

Hadi sat on the bench next to his mother, heart beating faster with each ticking minute. "Please Allah jee, don't let anything happen to bhabhi." He whispered in his heart.

Darain sat against the wall, on the floor. His head held in his hands, clutching tightly to his hair. Dread filled him with each minute that passed. He felt as if someone snatched every molecule of life from him.

"If something happens to you Inara, I will never forgive you and myself. Please come back alive for me. I won't be able to survive without you." He had told Inara when they were taking her inside the operation theatre.

Inara had smiled on his words. "Nothing will happen to me Darain, Inshallah. Remember what I said, live your life happily if something did happen to me. Get married again. Have children and name one of them after me."

Darain did not have anything else to say to her after this. He regretted listening to her. He should have been more assert. He should have threatened her or made her swear on him. But he did nothing. Why did he do nothing? Why did he become so helpless against her pleas. Why did she have to have so much hold over him?

Ab Tum Ho Muqabil To Humain Harna Hoga
Tum Say Toh Meri Jaan Jeeta Nahi Jata

After some more excruciating waiting, the door to the operation theatre opened. They all stood up from their places. Few nurses left the room in a hurry while the doctors were yet to come out.

Darain rushed towards Inara's doctor as soon as he emerged from the room. The doctor had a sombre look on his face. Darain's heart stopped at his expressions. Fear engulfed his entire being.

"In-Inara?" He whispered, his eyes stuck to the door of the room.

The doctor sighed and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"I am sorry."

Ho Rabb Ohnu Kho Lainde
Jehda Howe Ohnu Jaan Ton Pyara
Ve Tu Mainu Chhad Jaana
Gallan Teriyan Ton Lagda Ae Yaara

🥀🥀🥀

Hi Everyone!

Finally another update of this. This is the second last part. Next one will be last.

For the next story, should I write Wahab's story or another one? Please suggest. I have so many ideas for stories but not enough time.

That's all for now.

Take care of yourself.

Bye!❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 36.7K 21
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ข๐ค๐š ๐‘๐š๐ข ๐ฑ ๐Š๐š๐›๐ข๐ซ ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ...
262K 19.7K 58
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
3M 87.1K 26
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
798K 46.7K 38
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...