The Exchange

By cdwritings

Death or marriage? What would you choose? More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Announcement

Chapter 18

3.9K 79 23
By cdwritings

We arrive at the club and I lead Hope in front of me to the entrance. There's a lot of people outside trying to come in, so when we go in without making line, we hear complaints. Right at the entrance we are met by Finn, the mafia boss in Ireland.

"Tom, so good to see you." He says stretching his hand at me.

"Finn, nice to see you too." I say shaking his hand.

"Mrs. Holland, a pleasure to see you as well." He says grabbing hopes hand an placing a kiss on it.

"Thank you." Hope shyly responds and pulls her hand away.

"Now Tom, if you could please follow me. Let's talk business." Finn says.

"Yea of course, I'll catch up right now." He says and Finn walks away.

"Harrison with me, Jacob and Harry with Hope. Eyes on her at all times." I say and they both nod as Hope rolls her eyes.

"I'm not a child."

"Then I hope you won't behave as one." I say making her roll her eyes again. "Let's go." I say to Harrison who nods and walks with me. We walk towards the back of the club where there is a private room for business matters. Finn is there with another man sitting across him.

"Oh Tom," he says staring up. "This is Theo, from Iceland."

"Theo Jónsson, nice to meet you."

"Tom Holland, likewise." I say and Harrison and I take a seat.

"I've heard about you Tom, I heard you're married to Spain's mafia princess. Hope Garcia." The man says and I'm shocked at how he knows.

"Wow I didn't think the news would make it all the way to Iceland." I joke. "But yes I am married to Hope." I say proudly.

"You should be proud of yourself. She's not only an important girl but also a beautiful one." He compliments her.

"Yes, she is. I'm lucky." I say and try to change the topic. "So business?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, sorry got sidetracked. Finn told me you are a great provider for goodies someone might need. And I believe that someone is me."

"What's going on?" I ask.

"A man with the name Gunnar Einarsson decided he wants to rule all of Iceland, and I can't allow that. He runs a small area on the southern of the country but he now wants all of it. What I need is a provider of different kinds of power arms and an outside ally just in case things turn out ugly in the island." The man explains.

I look over to Harrison who gives me a smile. Easy work. "So, let's talk" I say picking up my drink.

***
Hope's POV:

"Well, at least I was left with the funnest guys of the group." I tease making Jacob and Harry laugh. "What can we do?"

"Well what do you do at a club?" Harry asks.

"Drink, dance." I say.

"Then let's do that." Harry adds.

"Not me, I'm on the job." Jacob says.

"Oh come on Jacob just one." I say. "Harry is drinking with me."

"Yeah Harry gets a pass because he is your brother in law, I'm an employee, Tom would have my head if something happens because I was distracted drinking, I'm not trying to die thank you." He argues.

"Whatever we don't need him, let's go get some drinks." Harry says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the bar. A few drinks and songs later we walk to the bar again.

"Ugh the bartender is on the other side," Harry says. "Wait for me here." He asks and I nod. I'm not drunk, nor tipsy, I'm just happy.

"Hi beautiful." A man approaches me.

"Hello." I say back but looking away.

"Do you need some company?"

"No I'm fine." I say.

"Are you sure?" He says getting closer. "Or your boyfriend would get mad?"

"No I don't have a boyfriend, my husband though," I say putting my hand with the ring up. "He might rip your head off."

"I'm not afraid." He says.

"Oh you should, have you heard of Tom Holland?" I ask and the man steps back. "Yeah that's what I thought." I say as the man walks away and Harry walks up to me.

"Was that man bothering you?" He asks.

"No don't worry, I scared him away with your brother's name." I say and he laughs. "Which one is mine?" I ask and he hands me my drink. We pretty much chug our drinks down and I pull Harry back to the dance floor. We are dancing together but separate and for the first time in a long time I'm actually having fun. I close my eyes as I feel the music and alcohol influencing how i let myself go and when I open them Harry is not in front of me anymore.

"Harry?" I say looking to the sides. "Harry!" I try to yell but the music is too loud I can't even hear myself. As I'm trying to find him in between the people dancing, I feel an hand rest on my waist, I turn around quick, ready to throw a punch if needed, but instead I'm met with a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"You scared me." I say.

"I'm sorry." Tom says. "Can we dance?" He says placing his other hand on my waist as well making me feel the cold metal of his ring. I nod as I bite my lower lip to prevent the smile that's wants to form. He steps closer to me and starts to move to the rhythm of the music. His hand pulls me closer until I'm pressed agains his chest. At first, I feel strange being this close to him but as he continues to move and move me as well, I start to let go and dance with him. I throw my arms around his neck and now we are even closer. We are dancing together now, and I'm unaware of the time or how many songs have passed, I just know that being here feels good. As I'm into the dance and Tom is too, I look to the side and see Bella is watching us. She looks upset, and that makes me feel good, I don't have anything against her, but it looks like she enjoys bothering me, so I'm able to enjoy it too. I see Bella pulls the first young man she finds and whispers something to his ear before entering to the girl restrooms. I follow the young man with my eyes and see he is walking straight to us, I pull Tom closer with my arms but when boy gets close to us and taps him on the shoulder, Tom turns around quick. The boy whispers something to Tom in his ear and he nods.

"Go back to Harry." He says before letting go of me.

"Wait Tom, where are you going?" I ask but get no answer. He turns around and walks away, towards the girls restrooms. He looks around before entering and closing the door behind him. I can't believe this. He left me standing in the middle of the dance floor to go after her. And now he is in the restroom with her.

"What happened?" Harry gets to my side quickly. I stand there unable to speak. Unconsciously, I start walking towards the restroom and Harry follows after me. Once I arrive at the door, I try to go in just to find the door is locked. I feel something inside me shatter. I turn around with my eyes full of tears ready to roll down my face.

"What's going on Hope?" Harry asks.

"I want to leave." I say walking past him.

"What? No we can't leave until Tom-"

"Your brother is busy and I want to leave. Either I leave with you or I leave on my own." I say unable to control the tears escaping my eyes.

"No of course no. Let's go." He says and he guides me through the people to exit the club.

Back at the hotel, Harry walks me to my room. "Are you sure you're ok?" He asks and I nod. "Ok I'll be on my room right next to this one. Matt and Jack will be right out your door for security ok? If you need anything call me." He says and I nod again.

"Thanks Harry." I say and he gives me a smile before I close the room door. I throw my heels to the side and hurry to the bathroom to wash my face that probably looks like a mess after crying the whole way here. But why am I crying? Why am I so hurt? I knew they had a thing, or well still have apparently, and Tom and I are only married on paper. Why do I care so much?

Hours have passed and I haven't been able to sleep. I've been watching YouTube video after YouTube video hoping one would put me to sleep but nothing happens. I hear a couple of knock on the suite door and I rush to see who it is. I open the door slowly and Harrison is revealed with Tom hanging next to him.

"Harrison, what happened? Is he hurt? I say as I open the door so he can walk in.

"No just drunk."

"Drunk? Tom is drunk?"

"Yes Hope, he's human."

"Huh I was starting to doubt that." I say to myself but loud enough for Harrison to hear and he chuckles.

"Where can I lay him down?"

"Oh, in the room there." I say pouting to the room. I follow as Haz drags Tom and throws him on the bed.

"Do you have water?" He asks and I nod. "Ok make sure he drinks some. My room is across this one, if you need anything call me or send one of the guys. Good luck hope." He gives me a quick smile before rushing out the suite.

"Wait Harrison, you're leaving me alone with him? Harrison!"  I yell but he still leaves. I go back to the room where Tom is laying down face up and arms wide open. I grunt and complain as I take his shoes off. I continue with his shirt as it's wet and he can get sick if he keeps it on. I slowly unbutton the shirt, hoping not to wake him up. When I finally finish slowly I start to take it off. This is my first time seeing Tom without a shirt, and even though I knew he was an athletic man I never expected him to be so... The banging on the door brings me back from my thoughts. I rush over to the door and when I open it Bella bursts in the room.

"Where is he?" "Where's Tom?" She asks desperately.

"He's sleeping."

"I want to see him." She says walking around the suite.

"Did you not hear he's sleeping? Don't bother him right now." I say as she finds him.

"I saw how Harrison took him out the club, is he ok?" She says sitting next to him on the bed.

"Yes he's just drunk." I says. "Bella please leave so he can rest."

"Why don't you leave? I'll stay with him to watch him." She says.

"Excuse me? This is my room and Tom is my husband, you leave." I argue.

"A husband you don't care about!" She says standing up and turning to face me.

"What do you know about my feelings?"

"Oh you yourself told me how much you hate Tom and don't want to be here. Then leave! let him be happy with someone that actually loves him and cares for him."

"You?" I ask.

"Yes me. Ive always been with him and I accept him as he is. I can make him happy if only you disappear." She says and I don't know what to say anymore.

"Bella I'm not going to ask you again, leave before I call someone to get you removed."

"Try, they won't dare."

"Oh you want to find out." I say with a challenging tone. "I carry the last name Holland and if it comes down to you or me, who do you think they'll listen to?" I say and she doesn't say anything. I walk out the room and go open the suite door.

"I'm waiting for you to leave." I yell and she walks out the room and out the suite.

"This isn't over." She says threatening.

"Goodnight." I say slamming the door closed. I let a big breath out putting my head down as I have my hand of the door. I feel a pair of arms go around me and I turn around quickly.

"Tom what are you doing up?"

"I heard that." He says with a smirk.

"Heard what?"

"How you called me your husband, I liked it." He says growing a smile.

"Did you?" I ask smiling too.

"I did very much." He says walking forward until he had me against the door. My eyes are on his and he seems to examine my face before leaning in to kiss me. I feel my knees are melting as I kiss him back. The kiss is soft yet full of need, on both ends. The only difference is he is drunk and probably don't know what he is doing and I am sober and full aware. He breaks the kiss up and looks to face me.

"I had been dying to do this again." He confesses.

"You have?" I ask surprised and he nods.

"You're so beautiful Hope. You're a walking temptation for me you know that?" He says and I laugh shaking my head no. "Well you are," he adds. "It takes a lot for me to control myself when I have you close." He says as he close his eyes. I am standing in shock, I can't believe everything he is saying. I see he is starting to lose balance and I catch him.

"Come on, let's take you to bed." I say.

"Only if you stay with me." He says and I smile.

"Ok." I agree.

I walk him back to the room and help him lay down. I turn the lamp off and lay down in his arm, next to him. He throws his other arm around me pulling me closer. I can hear his heart beating, and to the sound of it and the smile on my face, I go to sleep.

A/N: another long chapter, sorry! D:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.1K 51
after the death of her mother and brother, sophia is left broken and sad. she moved to a new place for a new start. she decides to text her brothers...
5.7K 623 18
.'ပတ္ခ်ယ္ကို jenတာ ပိုင္ဆိုင္ခ်င္သည္ နာက်င္မႈေတြ ေပးခဲ့ေပမယ့္ အဲ့နာက်င္မႈေတြကို jen ကိုယ္တိုင္ကပဲ ျပန္လည္ ကုစားေပးခ်င္သည္ ပတ္ခ်ယ္ ခြင့္ျပဳမယ္ ဆိုရင္ေ...
152K 2.9K 71
"i couldnt've forced myself to love you, gray-" "well im forcing myself to love you now, aren't i?" ~ y/n, best friend of the dolan twins, comes home...
236K 5.8K 61
Have you ever been in love with someone you know you shouldn't be in love with? Like the person who you feel is meant for you shouldn't be the one fo...