Only Above the Surface

By lonelywhal

Jin just got out of a relationship and Jimin knows the best solution: a one nightstand. Jungkook needed some... More

Gucci? Gucci.
JuanCock
DaddyLongDick
Whalien 52
Kinky
Go best friend! That's my best friend!
Cathouse
Pretty Vanilla
Can a girl top?
Boy Must Be Stupid
Come for me, Beautiful.
What if...
Fuck off
I Wanna Skate With Somebody!
Red Genie
Majestically thick as fuck
Funk Boi
Rough
Bowling Balls
Lucifer The Beautiful
The Binge
Lovely Boy
Candy Rain
Need a Tissue?
Blue Desert
Double Check
Eye Protection
Baby Blue
The Overgrown Baboon
Please Say Yes
Too much.
Eskimo Kisses
Magical Bubbles
You can trust me
Sunrise
Something I Will Never Miss
Let Him Go
Dreams
Kitty Knuckle Duster
Family: Part 1
Family Part 2
Estranged
Bear With It
Login

Are You Going to Greet Me

1K 84 18
By lonelywhal

Jungkook lets out a breath as he rings the doorbell. He's been over here enough to go right in by this point, but there was something about waiting for Jin to open the door and invite him in that gave him peace of mind. Maybe it was old-fashioned of him or he just respected boundaries, especially after they've been tested.

Jungkook made sure to shut off his phone before ringing the doorbell in case he gets interrupted for some reason this evening. This evening needed his full attention.

He ended up coming a little early before they had to leave for his parent's house, but he couldn't stay away.

Jin opened the door, a toothbrush sticking out of his foaming mouth, and squinted. "You are like a whole hour early,"

Jungkook shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips. "Couldn't wait to see you." He brought up the flowers that were hidden behind his back. "I know this isn't a date per se, but I couldn't help but see these flowers and think of you."

Jin turned his head away, cheeks blossoming a pretty pink color. "Yah! That's so corny!"

He takes the flowers and pulls the other in by his tie. "As a courtesy, your first kiss of the night will be a minty fresh one," He says as he smashes their lips together.

It was a quick kiss that ended in giggles and smeared toothpaste, but it was lovely. The warm smile and light in Jin's eyes were already making the night better despite the dread he was feeling for later on.

"I can't believe my boyfriend got me flowers for a date with his parents," Jin says playfully, taking the flowers to his kitchen to be placed in a vase.

"Maybe if you're nice, my mom will give you a ride home," Jungkook laughed as a kitchen rag came flying at his face.

"Maybe if you're nice, I'll let you get to second base!"

Jungkook used the rag to wipe away some of the toothpaste from his face. "May this night go on without a hitch then,"

Jin laughs one of his high-pitched laughs then clears his throat. "I shouldn't be too long, I just have to style my hair and put my outfit on, then I'm ready," Jin called back.

"That's fine. Take as long as you need, I'll be here," Jungkook settles on the couch, arms resting on the back.

Jungkook takes in Jin's quaint and tidy apartment. He's been here enough to be familiar with the layout and yet this was the first time he actually looked at Jin's place.

It was clear Jin had a thing for collecting little knickknacks. Small random toys and decorations littered the apartment on shelves and end tables. It was rather adorable honestly, the collection of Mario figures, some still in their original boxes, taking up most of the space. There was something so innocent about the collection, something so youthful about collecting items from your childhood in your adult life.

From the shape of the figures, it's clear that Jin was good at taking care of things. At making things last.

There was a pink Nintendo switch on one of the end tables near Jungkook. Picking it up, he turned it on to see Super Mario Odyssey load. Jungkook laughed under his breath, he wasn't expecting anything different.

"My mom got me that on my birthday three years ago." Jin said coming back into the living room and plopping down next to Jungkook. "Jimin bought me the Mario Odyssey that year, too."

"It's fitting. It'd be weird if they got you something else," Jungkook concludes with a smile.

"Why's that?"

"I don't know if you have looked around your apartment lately, but it just screams millennial-gamer-baby."

Jin throws his head back when he laughs. His throat is on full display, distracting Jungkook for a moment.

Jungkook shook his head to clear it before pulling out a small box from his jacket pocket.

Jin's eyes widened comically. "Baby, I know we just confessed but I wasn't looking for a marriage proposal for at least another year. You know, after we move in together, talk about our future goals, maybe even after I take a few film classes at college..."

Blinking in shock, Jungkook shook his head laughing. "Jin, I got you a gift, not an engagement ring!" Opening the small box, Jungkook revealed two small silver hoop earrings. "I was going to get you gold but I think you look beautiful in silver—we're moving in together?"

Jin gasped and took the box from his lover's hands to examine the pretty earrings. "They're beautiful, Kookie! I love them! And, yeah, eventually, if you want,"

When the silence went on for a moment too long, Jin looked up to see a bright smile stretched across Jungkook's face.

"You wanna move in with me?" Jungkook asked, his voice watery.

Jin reached out and gripped his hand. "Yes, of course—" Jin was cut off as Jungkook's lips met his at crashing speed.

Jungkook rained kisses on his lips, his cheeks, his forehead, but thankfully not his eyes, Jin was very particular about his eyes after doing his makeup. Giggles of happiness left the oldest as he was ambushed with kisses. It was a wonderful sound to Jungkook's ears.

The prospect of thinking that far into the future with their relationship had sent Jungkook into an overload of affection.

Pulling back, Jungkook cupped Jin's face. "What's this about film school?"

Jin looked down bashfully. "Buckie retired and gave me some money. I want to make my own cooking show one day but I don't know anything about filming." Jin shrugged like it was no big deal. "Thought I'd shoot my shot."

"That's amazing! I think it's a great idea!" Jungkook said excitedly, pulling back to take the earrings out of the box.

Jin brightened up. "Really? You think it's a good idea?" He turned his head to allow Jungkook to put the earring in.

"Of course! This is big for you, baby. You're going to do so well. You're a people-person. People would tune into your show because of how great you are."

Jin felt tears gathering in his eyes. "You really think so?" Jin began fanning his eyes so the tears wouldn't spill over. "Sorry, lots of emotions going on right now. No one but my mom and Jimin has ever encouraged me like this."

Jungkook pulled the other into his arms. "You'll have my support for as long as you need it. I'll be by your side till you tell me to go."

"Yah! Stop saying stuff like that or you're really going to make me cry!" Jin complained.

Chuckling, Jungkook tightened his arms around the broader man. "I love you, Jin."

Jin slapped playfully at his back. "Now this really does feel like a proposal. I love you, too, my Kookie."

Jungkook holds Jin, inhaling the scent that he's secretly become addicted to these last few months. He feels a calm wash over him in that moment, fully at peace with what's to come of Jin and his relationship.

All too soon the peaceful feeling flies by as he catches a glimpse of the clock under Jin's TV.

"We should get going. Don't want to make them wait." Jungkook says, his voice losing its enthusiasm just minutes before.

Frowning, Jin caresses his hands. "We don't have to go. We can still call and say you're not feeling well."

Jungkook shakes his head. "It would upset Junghyun too much. Plus, I promised I'd be there. Can't run away forever."

The drive to Jungkook's parents' place was surprisingly short as they lived close by. Jungkook had been passing his parents' place on his way to Jin's for almost three months now and had no clue. It was a little unnerving how close they were to him and for there to be no interaction whatsoever.

Why were they living in Seoul to begin with? Jungkook wondered.

They both exited the car, Jungkook coming around to hold his arm out to Jin. To say Jungkook was nervous was an understatement. He was downright close to hyperventilating. The only thing pushing him forward was the fact that Jin was by his side and that he'll get to see Junghyun.

Briefly, he wondered if his father had changed much in these last seven years. If he regrets what he did to his eldest son. A small part of him hopes that in his absence, his father might have grown open-minded, if even just a little.

What if he's even worse? What if he talks even more shit? What if he talks shit about me to Junghyun? Jungkook thinks sadly. Or maybe he doesn't talk about me at all?

Jin pulls them to a stop, his brows knitted in concern. "Hey, are you okay?"

It only took one look into Jin's eyes to remind him of who he was. He wasn't some teenager full of pain and scared of everything in the world. He's grown and he's accomplished a lot in his young life, he should be proud.

Jungkook puts a hand on Jin's and gives a light squeeze. "Yeah, I'm good. Thank you for coming with me tonight. It really means a lot."

A smile melts onto Jin's face. "Of course, babydoll. Thank you for letting me come along. But I must warn you, if things go wrong, I'm not afraid to put an old fart in his place. Morals be damned."

Jungkook smiled and shook his head before continuing forward again. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that. What would your mother say if she heard of this?" He chided jokingly.

"Well, she'd definitely ask why I did it then be very understanding if the cause was justified."

Jungkook gave him a questioning look.

"My mom's a firm believer in justice. Even though she's completely against violence, she understands the importance of defending what matters most by any means necessary." Jin ends with a kiss on the cheek.

Jungkook flushes at Jin's insinuation, touched by his lover's words. they gave him the confidence to keep moving forward.

They stop in front of the door and Jungkook presses the doorbell before he can talk himself out of it.

The door immediately opens to reveal a wide-grinning Junghyun.

"Jungkook!" The boy says excitedly. He hesitates for a moment before going in to hug his older brother.

Jungkook couldn't stop his own smile even if he wanted to as he returned the hug. With a big squeeze, he left go of his little brother, ruffling his hair some.

"Yah!" Junghyun whined as he tried to pat his hair back into place. "I spent like an hour on this!"

Shaking his head, Jungkook remembered when he used to spend hours in the bathroom trying to perfect his own bowl cut.

"Rugged hair is in right now, don't you know?" Jungkook teased.

"Oh yeah, then let me screw up yours!" Junghyun launched forward with intent but Jungkook managed to grab ahold of his wrists. They playfully struggle until they hear a sniff.

They look over at Jin who begins fanning his face at being caught.

"Sorry, a bug flew in my eye," He lies.

Pulling back, Jungkook loops an arm around Jin's waist. "Junghyun, this is Seokjin. He's my boyfriend."

Junghyun's eyes widen before he bows respectfully. "My apologies, sir, it is very nice to meet you."

Jin waves him off. "You don't have to be formal with me, love. Not when you're Jungkookie's little brother. Call me Jin." He says with a wink.

Sputtering, Junghyun gestures for them to come inside, a bright red blush high on his cheeks. Jin's heart squeezes at the similarities between the brothers. They were just alike.

As soon as they cross the threshold, both Jin and Jungkook notice a shift in the atmosphere. There's a distinct smell in the air that's almost stale-like if it weren't for the scented candle burning in the window. It was a dull, sterile smell.

They each remove their shoes and slip on the guest slippers by the door.

Once done, they follow Junghyun into the living room where they are greeted by Junghyun's mother. She was dressed in a light blue dress with slippers. Her eyes looked more tired than the last time Jungkook saw her.

"Jungkook! I'm so happy you came!" Her eyes widened as Jin came into view. "And you brought a friend!" She says a little nervously.

"Boyfriend." Junghyun corrected. "That's Jungkook's boyfriend, Jin."

"Junghyun! Manners!" Char-won scolded.

"No, no, it's alright. I told him he can call me Jin," Jin said, putting on his brilliant potentially-award-winning smile. It is a pleasure to meet the mother of our Jungkook!" Jin greets her with a bow.

Chae-won nodded and bowed in return, but Jin could still tell her eyes were slightly worried. He had a bad feeling about this dinner suddenly.

To Junghyun she said, "Go get another place made up for him at the table," Junghyun nodded and bowed before making his way off down another hallway.

"Well, come into the kitchen. I was hoping to chat a bit before dinner but your father is thankfully hungry tonight. The table is set and he is waiting for us." She leads the way with a thin smile.

Jin looked over at Jungkook who shared the same uneasy look in his eyes. Something felt off.

Jin made note of the lack of decorations in the apartment. There were basic necessities but it didn't have the home-y feel that usually screamed comfort. The place seemed just as bad as Jin's when he first moved in to his place before he did some retouches. Paint was chipping at the corners of the walls, scratches lined the floor, doors didn't quite fit into the frame correctly, mild stains lined the walls, etc.

It didn't feel like a place worth staying at. It felt temporary.

They make their way down the hallway to the kitchen. The table is set out rather nicely despite the rest of the apartment. Dishes of rice, kimchi, some spicy pork by the looks of it, and vegetables. It looked delicious.

But that wasn't what caught the two's attention.

At the head of the table was Jungkook's father, Jeon Min-Suk. And he looked awful.

His skin was pale and tight against his bones. He barely had any muscle to weigh him down as he adjusted his oxygen tubes around his ears. His hair was gone and age spots had taken over his scalp. His nails even looked thick and yellowed. Jungkook's father looked weak and frail.

"Well?" Came a hoarse voice. "Are you going to greet me, or are you just going to sit there and gawk at the dying man?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.9K 46
TYPE: ๐Ÿ”ฒ General Fiction | โœ”๏ธ Taekook ff | ๐Ÿ”ฒ Non-Fiction Date Started: 04.30.2023 Date Finished: 05.22.2023 THIS IS TAEKOO...
50K 6.6K 37
"I don't know if I have feelings for him," Jimin enunciated before taking a sip of coffee. "I just want to rail him once." He added in a small whispe...
242K 8.4K 70
" You can love anyone and sleep around even after our wedding, I don't care. Just don't expect either thing from me, TILL DEATH DO US APART ! " Even...
130K 4.4K 60
" You are my husband Jungkook not some whore, to please me whenever I want ! You have your say in everything. " - Seokjin. " You are slowly changing...