SETH (Book Four)

Від authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... Більше

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

SEVENTEEN

213 13 1
Від authormsdevera

Grab the bucket of water and throw it at the two lackeys for them to wake up. They woke up instantly, confused and unaware of where and why they were tied up.

"The fuck!" Lou spat, shaking his head.

"What the fuck happened?" Eddie spits water out, and then his eyes glare at me. "You?"

I glance down at my water and cross my arms. "Glad you guys woke up from your beauty sleep."

Eddie snarled at me. "You splash water on us. Why are we tied up?" He struggled but wouldn't budge since they were both straps with steel cuffs. It can only be opened if you know the code.

"Oh, fuck," Lou sniffs around. "Shit, Frankie, you smell like piss."

Eddie stuck his nose, sniffed his surroundings, and made a sour face. "Did you fucker pour piss on us?"

I grin. "Well, it's not mine if that's what you think. Think of the curtsy from the bar manager for causing a ruckus and being so touchy with the ladies."

"Those ladies are with you?" Frankie screeched to the point.

Female laughter and giggles approach behind me as Sasha and Teagan, still acting, wrap their arm around me, pretending to flirt.

"I've got plenty of complaints from my girls, and it seems you have overstepped."

"Who the fuck are you?"

They don't know who I am, but they tampered with the beer. They even knew where Persephone was. My disguise at the auction had them turn their attention to my counterpart instead of the current me.

"Sasha, Teagan," I call out their names as they release their hold from me. Both girls went on either side of them and gripped the handle.

"What are you going to do?" Lou says in frantic.

Besides being straps, they are poked with needles embedded in their skin wired to cartilage with high voltage.

"Listen up, I got questions, and you two will give me the answers. If not..." I look at both the girls and nod.

They mimic a response and pull down the lever as the static sound from the prominent cartilage ignites and sends Frankie and Lou on a shocking ride. The Order lackeys are screaming in pain while getting shocked by high voltage. I'm not aiming for them to die, not yet. I need my answers from them before I can take out their lives. It's good that this room is soundproof.

Sasha and Teagan pull the lever again, stopping the shock. The lackeys were panting and were in severe pain from taking that much damage. They couldn't even lift their heads.

"Okay, first questions?" I began, not even caring if they needed a minute or two to rejuvenate themselves. "What are two lackeys of the Order doing in a family bbq of the Reid-Wolfe?"

Frankie was the first to raise his head at me slowly. "We...we were assigned to keep watch."

"On who?"

"I'm not fucking saying anything."

Sasha, who controls his wire, pulls the lever, sending more voltage to him with the wrong answer. He screams in agony.

"I will ask again, watch on who?"

"Two...two," his speech sounded like a mumble until it became stable for me to hear him. "Two pregnant women."

My face turned red, blood boiling through me, my eyes bloodshot. I curled my fist and sent it to swing at Frankie's face, and a tooth flew out.

"So, those beer bottles were for them?" My voice is raised. I ignore the look of worry on Sasha and Teagan as I let out my rage on them. "You pretend to work at the Wolfe brothers' auto shop to get close and brought beer with aphrodisiac for them to drink and have brought them back to the Order?!"

"Y-yes."

"You dipshit," Eddie groaned and looked at his partner. "You were supposed to put the drug in the sparkling water, not the fucking beer. Pregnant women can't drink alcohol."

"How the hell do I know? They look the same." Lou argues in his defense.

"You colorblind motherfucker!" Eddie spat at him.

These fucker are arguing in front of me and committing such crimes. They weren't after Persephone. Effie and Claire were their targets. But the question is, why them?

They have nothing to do with the Order.

While the two idiots are fighting and giving me the biggest headache, I look at the two girls as they pull the lever; their screams keep getting more painful. It's also why they shut them up because one person messed up. They almost look worn out, almost lifeless from the electrical shock. They are lucky they don't smell like rotten flesh.

"Not that both of you shut up. Answer me this. Why?" I ask them, but they look tired like they have run for days. "Why those girls?"

Lou spoke up when Frankie couldn't answer, "It was our boss' order."

Sully.

That perverted child-lover motherfucker.

Given the detail from Kendall, these two lackeys work under Sully, one of the Order Executives.

I know a man like Sully would do shit like this. Aim his attention on beautiful objects, especially people, male or female. Sully has a disturbing taste in little boys. Girls, not so much, but he will take them if they have a unique beauty. He collects them like rare dolls. When he first saw me, he had that disgusting, hungry look, and I felt chills running down my spine. He wanted me. He wanted me to be his collectibles.

Thinking about the bastard is making me sick. I need some answers before I send them to their death. "How does your boss know Effie and Claire and their pregnancy?"

"Have you heard of a man who they called Satan?" Lou says in a gulp.

"You are talking about Odin King?" Lou nods his head as I lift a brow. "Everybody knows about him and what kind of man he is. Why are you bringing him up?"

Odin King has a reputation for being the most significant crime lord from London and is well known to have connections - and friends worldwide. He makes enemies who hate him and wants him gone. Of course, he makes enemies with the Order. He and Eva are equally matched when it comes to power. Eva wants to take over with her army, while Odin wants peace and a place where his wife and son can rest without bloodshed.

"Our boss informed us that one of his granddaughters is pregnant with twins, and her cousin is pregnant with a girl. Our boss wants us to drug them and bring them back, not only because they are related to Odin King but want to piss him off by selling his grandkids. But they aren't the only ones we had kidnapped."

"Lou! Shut up!"

My blood is boiling until it is at its peak. My hatred of the Order has reached its limit. They messed up my life, but they ruined other people and will ruin those close to me. They will take those precious to him to make Odin King go on a rampage.

His family.

"Your boss got a lot of nerve going after Odin King's family," I say, withholding my eagerness to beat the crap out of these two. "Your plan backfired because I was the one who drank the tampered beer. Also, you messed with the wrong person who works with Odin King."

Frankie and Lou look at each other with wide eyes in shock. But they should know who I am judging by the dirty look on me at the BBQ. But they were cautious since they claimed they had not seen me before.

"Since you have answered the questions I had asked for, you two will not leave here alive," I state, making their face pale. "Girls, pull the lever," I command. Sasha and Teagan, with a smile on their face, were ready to pull when Eddie shouted out to me.

"Wait, our boss only gave us details about Odin King's family. He didn't say anything about you."

I lift my hand to stop the girls. "What do you mean?"

"At the BBQ, we don't know who you were. We were told to drug the pregnant women and look for the mysterious woman who kidnapped the Eden Child."

"Our boss said that woman is tied with Odin King, so we assume she was going to be at the BBQ party with the kid," Lou added. "But she never showed up, and we don't know what the kid looks like."

"Also, our boss didn't give us a picture because the big boss, Madam Red, wants the Eden Child to be kept a secret when looking for her. Once we spotted her, we were told we call our boss since he is the only one who knows what the kid looks like." Frankie pants and stays quiet, looks at his partner, and looks up at me. "Since we didn't harm anyone, can you let us go? We promise not to tell."

I furrow my brows. Promising not to tell, especially in this situation, is a trick in the old book, stating they will tell Eva. I won't trust their words.

I was conflicted about these two idiots' explanations. During the BBQ party, Persephone was right in front of them. Of course, only a few people assigned to keep watch on the Eden Child are the ones they are. These two working under Sully are newbies. New lackeys aren't allowed to see the Eden Child; their job is obeying their executives. Eva and any executives have not seen me in my current identity but in my other one. The Order is looking for the mysterious woman who kidnapped the Eden Child.

A wave of relief washed over me that Persephone was safe and my identity had been evaded, but these two would drug and take away my friends. I won't let that slide.

I pull up a cunny smile. A smile that will convince them to put them in their place. "Oh, I will let you go." They sign in relief. I could see the sweat on their faces. "But that doesn't mean you two will leave here alive."

"What?!"

"But you promised!"

"I didn't promise anything," I smirk. "I only said I will let you go because electrical shock is boring to watch. I got a better idea," I pull out my dagger from my belt and have it glisten under the light. The look on Frankie and Lou's faces went ghostly.

I observed my clean, sharp dagger showing off to them and pulling up a Chester grin. "This is my lucky dagger," that's a lie. This is just a normal dagger, but they don't know that. "I used this dagger to cut, stab, and kill my enemy."

The two men sweat more and grow paler every second I flash my dagger in front of them.

"I have killed the warlord in Uganda who kidnapped children and raped the women, a Chinese triad leader who disobeyed traditions, and a dictator in Islam who was planning another World War 3, all thanks to this bad boy," I sneer with a grin at them.

"Oh fuck!" Frankie gasp.

"What, Frankie?"

"I know who he is," Frankie never turned away, kept his beady eyes on me in fear. "He's one of Odin King's most talented hitmen. I heard stories from the guys that one man would do some dangerous shit when it involved the Order. He kills without mercy, a cold-blooded killer. Our people call him Odin's Shadow. It means you don't mess with Odin because no matter how you kill him, his shadow is always there to eliminate the problem. That is why it's hard to kill a man like Odin; he's invisible and immortal because of this guy."

It's been a while since I heard that name from people who fear Odin because of my presence. On every business and trip I have gone with Odin, I am twenty-four-seven by his side. Any assassination attempt always fails because I'm there to stop it. It's my job to keep Odin safe even if I risk my life for him because he saved mine, and I owe him that. I promised him my life for the day he rescued me.

"Oh shit," Lou says in a frantic. "What the hell are we going to do?"

"There is nothing you two can do since you decided to tamper with the beer and give it to my friends," I interrupt and answer Lou's question. "But since I'm the one who drank it, I will let that one slide. But drugging and kidnapping pregnant women, that's a no-no."

"P-please...please don't kill us," Frankie stuttered.

"We are just following orders! This is our first job with the Order," Lou blurt out. "Please, let us go."

I see how scared and pleading for their life they need the job. Their joining the Order is the wrong move. If you do your job successfully, you will be given a house, a full-time job besides doing the dirty work, health insurance, life insurance, and anything you need to live your everyday life.

Normal life.

That is all bullshit.

The Order doesn't give you life; they take it from you, and you become enslaved for them. They manipulated you and brainwashed you until you were fully committed.

These men only did it because they had nowhere to go, and it seems joining the Order was their ticket to having that life. They kept on begging and pleading, making my ears bleed. I pulled out my pistol, attached a silencer instead of my dagger, and shot Frankie and Lou coldly when I had enough. Their blood splattered on me.

"Damn, Cap," Teagan stands next to me. "I thought you weren't going to kill them."

"Once I learned that the drugs were for my friends, I changed my mind," I said sternly. I put my gun away and wiped the blood off my face. Brush my hair back.

"Now we know that one of the Order executives has kidnapped pregnant women for the past four months. I will call the agency and report in," Sasha states. "Lucky for your friends, they would've been taken if you didn't drink the beer with the drugs in it."

Fuck!

I'm so pissed right now I need something to calm my nerves. "I'll be heading back. I'll tell Snake about the mess."

I walk out angry, in rage, and out for blood. I am okay if the Order focuses on me, but my friends...If Seth was put in a dangerous situation, Effie, the girls, the children, the Wolf brothers. I will never forgive myself.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Darkness in the Light Від Storm Mackenzie

Паранормальні явища

142 22 25
For over a hundred years, humanity has lived in fear of the monsters that roam the streets, lurking in the drains below. Women and their daughters hi...
Hate Loving You | COMPLETED Від Skyler

Підліткова література

15.4K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
498K 17K 43
《 Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...
1.1K 22 10
Seth is young man. He has a good paying job and a good life. He's happy, and then he runs into the love of his life while shopping for groceries. She...