☆ЅUℕ ℬᎾᎽ☆ (Jealous Hunter x R...

By sun_ve

Your father is a basic guard in the emperors coven, you often go there in your free time to tend to the plant... More

☆1☆
☆2☆
☆3☆
☆5☆
☆6☆
☆7☆
☆8☆
☆9☆
☆10☆
☆11☆
☆12☆
☆13☆
☆14☆
☆15☆
☆16☆
☆17☆
☆18☆
☆19☆
☆20☆
☆21☆
☆22☆
☆23☆
☆24☆
☆25☆
☆26☆
☆27☆
☆28☆
☆29☆
☆30☆
☆31☆
☆32☆
☆33☆
☆34☆
☆35☆
☆36☆
☆37☆
☆38☆
☆39☆
☆40☆

☆4☆

17.5K 524 2K
By sun_ve

After school you had to head to the emperors castle for your work. You waved off your friends and then you were on your way.

After a bit you finally arrived, you had to show your verification pass your father gave you. They're extra cautious of intruders, normally they don't allow kids your age into the emperors castle, cause they don't want any troublemakers. But since they know your father and you've been working there for a bit they trust you.

First you go to the library, and drop your things off by a chair, where you will do your homework later after work.

Then you ready your plant magic and walk around the castle to study the plants, making sure they are growing nice and healthy.

There were many plants along the hallways you had to fix up, you would have fixed them sooner but stopped going to work for a while because of the bullying at your old school and also having to catch up with the courses you were failing.

The garden is probably gonna be the worst part, since you haven't been there for a bit too, and indeed it was the worst part. There was a bunch of weeds everywhere, all around the garden, and a bunch of the flowers and plants were wilting, making you frown.

It took a lot of concentration but eventually you managed to heal a majority of them, and pull out the weeds, and just like that it was good as new. The only problem was it was sunset, which is later than you intended to stay, but it's a good thing you alarmed your dad you would be staying overtime, you still need to finish your homework anyway.

You check in with one of the guards and they give you your pay, you managed to get more this time for staying over time, then you finally make your way to the library.

You swing open the doors and then sit down at your table where your stuff was, and pull out your homework. It shouldn't be that hard, it was just for healing, and you had to label the right herbs needed to heal significant parts of the body. Once you finish you decide to look around the library maybe take a book for the road, they always have some interesting books here.

You walk into a random section, having to do with old magic, since you're slightly curious. As you're studying the books along the isles you hear the library doors open, must be a guard looking for a book as well, so you continue skimming through the aisle.

'Common magic'
'Where did magic originate?'
'The meanings behind the types of magic'

You sigh, and look over your shoulder. It seems this palace guard is up close to some of the other books you were looking at, how interesting.

That's when you see a book of interest, labeled 'glyph magic' you reach out for it but that's when your fingertips land on top of the guards, reaching for the same book.

You jerk your hand backward and look at them. That's when you notice it's not a common guard, it's the golden guard.

"Oh, uh.. my bad you can take it, I was only curious it's not for my missions or anything important." He laughs awkwardly.

"Oh, um, thanks?" You say, as he hands you the book.

"Shouldnt let it distract me in the first place y'know?" He chuckles, and begins walking away.

You frown.

Suddenly this weird feeling in your stomach starts to grow, it kinda feels like it's something that wants to come out, you feel it, you don't know what it is, but it's coming, your clenching your fists.

It's a word vomit!

"Wait! I didn't know you were interested in old kinds of magic!" You suddenly blurt out.

He stops walking, and slowly turns around.

"Um.. I've been recently interested in the topic itself, not a lot of people find it interesting, they usually say it's complicated and stuff." You say.

"Really, I thought you were just browsing, I didn't know you were actually interested." He suddenly says, then approaching you.

"Yeah, I've seen stuff about them using certain symbols and stuff to use magic." You explain.

"Oh! I've been reading the same thing! It's really interesting, and I like studying it during my free time." He says.

"I actually have a bunch of other books in my bag and notes I've written down and stuff, if you wanna see." You say.

"Really??" He says.

"Yeah! I'd love to show you!" You say.

He follows you over to where your things are and he sits down next to you as you pull out your things.

"These are some glyphs I wrote down i may have not written them correctly but I believe this one is plants, this is ice, and this is light." You say pointing at the glyphs.

"Interesting, hey...you've heard about the human visiting this realm yes?" He asks, sternly.

You nod.

"That human uses things similar like these, they use it to perform magic." He states.

"Oh I know her, I'm friends with her at my school." You say.

He nods.

"Am I bothering you by chance? Normally people don't want to disturb me but I Um I personally don't mind the company." He laughs.

"Oh no you're not bothering me at all, you're a witch person with feelings too, people shouldn't just be afraid of you snd expect the worse just because you're head guard." You say.

"That explains it perfectly." He says.

"Oh! Your that girl who bumped into me yesterday." He points out.

"Yeah, that's me." You laugh.

"Interesting, you ended up getting home okay?" He asked

You nod.

"Oh! And you're the plant caretaker here as well! I remember seeing you a bit while roaming the halls." He says.

"Yep!"

"Um... your work is... really excellent!" He says, smiling awkwardly.

"Oh I'm still learning, but thank you." You say.

"No really! You often add little surprises it's nice, every-time i go in the garden there's usually something new." He says.

"Oh, whats your name? I'm sorry I talk to much I've barely even let you introduce yourself." He asks.

"I'm (y/n)." You say.

"Oh! That suits you, it matches your face ." He says.

"Um are you into any other books besides like history and stuff?" He asks.

"I like the good witch azura, have you ever heard of it?" You ask.

"I've actually read some, I'm on book 3." He says pointing a finger out.

"Really?! Who's your favorite character?" You grin.

"Oh Um, I like the one dude that azura is against, I think he's really mysterious and that's always cool." He explains.

"The mysterious characters are always really interesting." You nod.

"Can you show me some more?" He asks.

You tilt your head.

"Oh, my bad, some of the good witch azura books." He says.

"Oh! Yes yes yes! I'm sure they have some in here you wanna help me look?" You ask, standing up.

"Oh, yes!" He says standing up with you.

The both of you walk around the library together searching for the books.

"Oh! Um.. Y/n, it's over here." He says pointing it out.

"Perfect!" You grin grabbing the book.

The 2 of you sit down again, and open the book.

"So where did you leave off?" You ask.

"Chapter 4, where azura was fighting the serpent." He says.

"Ohhh that's a good part? Did you want to read together?" You ask.

He chuckles and scratches the back of his head.

"O-0h, I'm sorry that sounds like a weird request, asking to read together, haha... who does that you laugh softly.

"It's not weird, I have plenty of time right now, surprisingly." He says.

"So sure." He says, you can tell he's smiling under his mask.

The 2 of you went on reading paragraph by paragraph every time, you both ended up finishing chapters 3 through 5.

That's when you tapped him and told him it was time for you to go home, it was getting late.

"Oh, I guess I'll see you around then." He says.

"Yeah..." you sigh sadly.

He was actually really kind, and he was really funny too, it already seemed like you guys were good friends, but this was at most a one time thing. He's the golden guard, he never gets that much free time or anything.

You grab your things and wave at him sadly.

He looks down and clenches his fist. As soon as you are about to open the library doors he stops you.

"H-hey!" He yells.

You turn around.

"Thank you, for doing this with me, it was nice. I enjoy having someones company, and especially someone my age, I don't get a lot of those, and you're the only witch in my age range allowed in the castle." He says.

"We should.. do this again?" He asks.

You smile.

"But... you're the golden guard aren't you? You must have a lot of missions to attend.." you say.

"I can ask Kikimora to take care of my shift every now and then! I just really enjoyed having this time with you." He says.

"You... sure it's okay?" You ask.

"Why of course miss! I'm the golden guard after all!" He says sliding over to you.

You giggle a bit, and the both of you begin walking outside.

"It's a bit dark out, do you want me to escort you home?" He asks.

"No no, my dad works here so I usually just meet up with him." You explain.

"Oh perfect! Nothing to worry about then!" He says patting your shoulder.

"Ah! How often do you come?" He asks.

"I work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, fridays, and sundays." You say.

"Oh I didn't realize you come that often." He says.

"I'm allowed to take some days off if needed though, at most 2, but I usually come almost all the time." You assure.

"Alright, well.. uh.. see you around!" He chuckles, then zooms off on his broom.

You chuckle. It's still hard to believe you became friends with the head guard.

You'll get to see him tomorrow though, so you look forward to that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.4K 36
Amity asks Edric to spy on the Golden Guard because he has yet to know the full Blight family. What will happen if Edric starts to fall in love with...
20.8K 620 33
Y/n a young teen witch explores their new life as part of the Emperor's Coven, and along the way discovers there's, more than meets the eye. ♥ᴴᵘⁿᵗᵉʳ...
87K 2.3K 26
(Amity blight x fem reader) You are (y/n) Clawthorne Eda's daughter SLOW/MINIMAL UPDATES NO SMUTT Extra details in first chapter ⚠️tws ⚠️ Blood, gor...
20.6K 708 20
Life on the Boiling Isles is tough by default. Between the acid rain, demons and monsters running around, and magic, it's hectic. For anybody. But, e...