CORRUPTION | pretty little l...

By honeylxve

CORRUPTION| Blair Parker was driven into a town full of lies and secrets the moment her and her family steppe... More

c o r r u p t i o n
c a s t
a e s t h e t i c
p r o l o g u e
01. pilot
02. the jenna thing
03. to kill a mocking girl
04. can you hear me now?
05. reality bites me
06. theres no place like homecoming
07. the homecoming hangover
08. please do talk about me when i'm gone
10. keep your freinds close
11. moments later
12. salt meets wound

09 . the perfect storm

1.9K 65 16
By honeylxve

chapter nine
corruption

"It's insane!" Hanna exclaimed. "How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?"

"Stringent" Aria said, reading one of the flash cards.

"Uh, tough. Inflexible." Spencer replied.

"It's not like you're actually gonna use them" Blair commented as she looked up from her phone.

"Meretricious" Aria read, ignoring Blair's comment.

"It's not like you go to college and then you start speaking a different language". Hanna said.

"It's about getting into college." Spencer replied. "Meretricious. Um, phony, flashy"

Aria hummed, turning over the card to show Spencer that she was correct before looking over at Hanna. "Uh Han, why are you still eating that?"

"It was here" Hanna shrugged, picking at the food.

"Put it in the garbage." Spencer said, eyeing the container in front of Hanna.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it" Hanna replied, making Blair smile slightly.

"Besotted" Aria spoke, already reading the next card.

"Infatuated, enamoured, in love with." Blair answered before Spencer could even process the question.

Blair shrugged when they all turned towards her, surprised that she knew the answer so quickly. Blair was pretty smart, not as smart as Spencer but she had a high chance of getting into a very good college later in life. However she got bored easily, hence to why she wasn't studying right now.

"What did Noel say to you after the memorial?" Hanna suddenly asked, looking at Blair.

"We are taking the SATs in less than twelve hours, can we focus?" Spencer huffed.

"Spence, you do not need to know any more big words." Blair spoke, shaking her head slightly. "You're scary enough as it is."

"I'm not scary!" the Hastings girl exclaimed before turning to Aria. "Am I scary?"

"A little" she replied.

"Hey, I saw Noel Kahn hug you. And he did not want to let go" Hanna commented.

"I don't know what your talking about" Blair said, placing her phone on the counter, wincing when it lit up.

"Is that him?" Hanna smirked, grabbing the brunettes phone before reading the message. "Tomorrow night? I can pick you up at 7."

Blair groaned when they all raised their eyebrows, Hanna wiggling hers suggestively.

"You should give him a chance. He's smart, he's cute, his Dad owns like half of Rhode Island and he's got really great lips." Hanna said, trying to persuade Blair.

"His Dad?" Spencer asked a disgusted look on her face.

"Noel. Ew. Seriously, B, you and Noel would look amazing together. Plus the two of are always together and he's literally had the hots for you since like 6th grade." Hanna said.

Blair sighed before snatching her phone back and speaking."I'll think about it, okay. And you're right, he really does have great lips." She smiled when all the girls began to cheer and gush over her words. "Anyways, what's going on with you and Alex? Is he back from that tournament yet?"

"Yeah, he's back" she shrugged.

"And?" Aria said, leaning forwards.

"And it's good." she smiled making Blair grin. She was happy Spencer had found someone that made her feel happy. Yes, Blair enjoyed Noel's company but no one could ever compare to the blonde male who was constantly on her mind. "It's so good. I want it to last but, I'm afraid I'm gonna blow it."

"So when can we officially call him the boyfriend?" Aria said before the sound of heels clicking was heard and Mrs Hastings walked into the kitchen.

"Hi mum" Spencer said, standing up from her stool.

"Hey, Mrs H" Blair greeted.

"Hi girls." Veronica Hastings replied. "Oh, what smells so good?"

"Garlic bread. Want some?" Spencer offered.

"I can't. God, I miss food. Eat some butter for me will you?" Mrs Hastings replied, checking her phone. "God, why do I have so many messages?"

"Hey, maybe you should ask Alex-"

Hanna was cut of when Spencer shook her head, her eyes narrowing slightly. "Not now" she said, nodding her head in her mums direction.

"Your mum still doesn't-"

"Like I said, I want it to last."

"Where's Emily?" Veronica said, nothing the girl wasn't there.

"She's probably on her way over" Spencer replied with a shrug, now wondering where the Fields girl was.

────༺♡༻────

The morning after, the four girls trailed behind Mrs Hastings who was walking down the school hallway, an umbrella in her hand.

"You don't have to come inside. If it was cancelled, nobody would be here." Spencer said, trying to convince her mother to leave them be.

"Excuse me. Hi." Mrs Hastings said, ignoring her daughters words, following a member of staff down the hall. "Are they actually going to give this test today?"

"You didn't say Alex was going to be taking the test too." Aria spoke, noticing the boy walking into the school, a few students trailing behind him.

"Why do you think I wanted my Mum to drop us off and leave?" she replied, smiling at Alex who was walking over.

"Hey you" he grinned.

"Hi." she replied, attaching her lips to his which made Blair turn away, only to see Mrs Hastings walking over to them.

"Spence. Spencer" she called, turning around wide eyed.

"Nobody here can make a decision to save their life. It's absurd." the older woman commented.

"Um, mum this is Alex Santiago, Alex this is my mother." Spencer said, awkwardly introducing the two.

Blair watched as Veronica's face paled and she looked at the boy next to her daughter, almost as if she recognised him.

"Oh, of course. From the club?" she asked, a fake smile on her face.

"Yeah." Alex replied simply, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"It just- took a moment for me to put together." Veronica said. "So you're Alex."

"I need to cheek in. Nice seeing- meeting you" he rushed out before he walked off.

"The test is on today" a voice announced through the intercom, "Rosewood students should register in the library."

"But half of the school isn't even here yet." Hanna spoke.

"And they may never make it" Mrs Hastings said. "We saw this huge tree on Saw Mill Road and they've already closed of York street."

"That wasn't because of the tree" Detective Wilden spoke, making them all turn around to face him. "York street has been closed since last night."

"Why?" Veronica asked.

"Someone decided to give Alison Dilaurentis' memorial a little visit and destroy it. Shattered the tiles and broke the bench." he replied.

"What?" Blair gaped.

"When did this happen?"

"We had to close of the area as it's still an ongoing investigation" Wilden added, ignoring the girls' questions.

"You can spare them the details. They are about to take their SATs" Mrs Hastings said, placing a hand on her daughters shoulder.

"Right. Good luck with the test, ladies" Wilden said before he walked away.

"We should probably head to the library" Spencer mumbled.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

The four girls were sat in the library, the seat next to Aria empty as Emily still hadn't shown up.

"I can't believe it wash trashed" Aria whispered. "Just when we thought A would give it a rest."

"It's like Toby had to kill Alison all over again." Spencer mumbled back.

"I still don't think Toby killed Ali." Blair stated, shaking her head. "Plus no one's seen him for days."

"Well I hear more from Alison more now than when she was alive." Spencer grumbled.

"I thought we agreed that A wasn't Toby. A seemed pretty happy to have Toby out of the picture." The Parker girl said, crossing her legs under the table.

"How do we know that Toby didn't just send that text?" Aria asked. "And why are we suddenly trusting A? A made a fake bracelet to mess with us."

"Emily!" Hanna said as the brunette walked over, sitting in the empty chair. "Where have you been?"

"Yeah, why weren't you at Spencer's last night?" Aria asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"I know, I'm sorry." Emily apologised. "I didn't finish practise till really late so- I went straight home and crashed. What did I miss?"

"Well, they studied." Hanna replied, not really believing Emily's story. "whilst me and B annoyed them."

"And Ali's memorial got trashed" Blair continued.

"Yeah, I heard." Emily replied, smiling sadly at the Parker girl.

"What's my mum doing here?" Aria wondered, watching as her mother walked by the window.

"I don't know, but I love her jeans" Blair shrugged.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

Blair and Hanna joined Aria and Spencer and Emily, who was sat at an empty table, the duo looking up from their notes when they heard Wilden speak. ''Who would I speak to bout getting into the boys locker rooms?''

''I'll have to find a janitor. Do you wanna follow me?'' the women he had asked replied.

''No.'' he said, shaking his head. ''I'll wait here''

''God, he's freaking me the hell out.'' Blair said, turning to face the others. ''Who's locker is he snooping in now?''

''He's desperate. Ali's brother is breathing down his neck.'' Spencer whispered.

''And ours.'' Aria added, ''What if Jason told the police Ali's version of what happened?'' Aria said, glancing nervously at Wilden.

''He didn't'' Blair replied, harsher than she had intended to. ''He wouldn't. Think about it, if he really wanted to go to the police, he would of years ago. When Ali told him that story, god I still can't believe she did that.''

Hanna gave the Parker girl a sad smile before asking, ''Then why did he bring it up?''

''To drive a wedge between us. But he's not gonna do that.'' Spencer said, just as Wilden made his way over to their table, a small smirk on his face.

''Sorry about what happened with the memorial. I know how hard you girls worked on it. Shocking though, isn't it? How something like that could of happen and no one saw anything?''

''Everyone here was probably studying for the exam we're about to take, so you might want to look elsewhere for eyewitnesses.'' Spencer replied. more calmer on the outside than she was on the inside.

''So you were all together last night? Studying?'' Wilden asked.

''Yes'' Emily quickly replied, avoiding eye contact with anyone. ''We were all at Spencer's'."

''All of you?'' Wilden asked, eyeing the five girls.

''Are you deaf? She said all of us were there.'' Blair snapped, although her gaze remained on the Fields girl. ''Now if you don't mind, we have a test to prepare for.''

Wilden smirked, nodding before walking away, leaving the five girls both confused and annoyed.

''Where were you last night?'' Blair asked.

''I told you, I went home'' Emily shrugged, her face giving her away.

''Then why didn't you tell him that?'' Spencer spoke, confused.

''What happened to all of us sticking together?'' Emily replied, before throwing her bag over her shoulder and storming off.

''I just lied to a cop, I don't think we could be more stuck together if we had glue'' Blair huffed, leaning back in her chair.

''Should of us go after her?'' Aria asked, watching as the brunette turned around the corner and out of sight.

''No,'' Spencer shook her head. ''She'll talk when she's ready.''

The four sat in silence, Blair's head snapping up when Spencer's phone sounded.

Unknown
Define 'desertion.'
Seems like your about to
loose Emily. Who's next?
  -A

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

Blair sat at the table alone, doodling in the notebook Spencer had left behind. The Hastings girl had walked off after seeing Alex, determined to find out why he was acting so strange, Aria trailing behind her. Emily was still nowhere to be seen and Hanna was on the other side of the room laughing about something with Lucas. The same Lucas Ali used to call Hermie.

The Parker girl jumped when a pair of hands covered her eyes, the smell of men's cologne hitting her nose instantly. ''Tell me your still a basketball fan.'' Noel said as she took the seat next to her.

''Why?'' Blair asked. She had never really been a fan, only wanting to watch the sport when Jason was playing.

''Got floor seats to the Sixters game, they're playing the Celtics.'' he grinned, moving his head a little closer towards hers.

''Are you asking me on a second date?'' Blair smiled, glad that her mind was off of Ali's now trashed memorial.

Noel didn't reply and instead winked and swiftly placed a peck on her lips before standing, his bag in his hand. Blair caught his hand before he could walk off, her eyebrows furrowing.

''Where are you going? I thought we couldn't leave the building.'' she asked, remembering what the lady behind the desk had told her earlier.

The blue eyed boy leant down, his lips grazing hers as he spoke, ''There are other rooms around here that are more fun than this. You coming?''

Blair nodded, grinning when the older boy pulled her up, her bag now in his hand.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

Meanwhile, Emily wandered through the library, her books held tightly against her chest. She didn't know how to feel. Thankful because Blair had gone along with her story yet annoyed that none of her friends had believed her. Maybe she was over reacting as she had lied but anyone in her situation would of done the same.

Her feelings for the blonde Dilaurentis girl had never really gone away, whatever they were, however over the past year she had found a way to burry them. Now that she had seen Alison's demoralized memorial those feelings she once thought had disappeared had resurfaced.

The brunette stopped when her eyes landed upon 'Great Expectations' grabbing it from the shelf before her mind could process what she was even doing. Book still in hand, the girl continued to walk further into the library until she found an empty isle.

Opening the book, she flicked through the pages, her heart dropping when she stumbled across a familiar letter sat between two pages.

A few minutes later the Fields girl sat on the floor, her back resting on the bookshelf behind her. The letter was sat on her lap as she traced the words over with her fingers.

''What's so funny?'' Emily asked, looking down at a giggling Alison.

''Their names'' Alison replied, her voice alone making Emily's heart flutter, ''Pip. Mr Wopsle. Uncle Pumblechook. They all sound so stupid'."

Emily smiled, sitting down next to the blonde. ''Can't believe you already finished it.''

''Let me tell you what happens, I can make you a chichi. You know you should really let me braid your hair sometime.'' she replied, twirling a stand of Emily's dark brown locks in her hand.

Emily smiled before looking into her eyes and speaking. ''I had a dream last night, about Jenna.''

Alison's eyes narrowed hearing the girl's name. ''Emily, don't. Stop thinking about that. There's all sort of operations and stuff they can do.'' she replied, remembering what Blair had told her.

Emily shook her head. ''I dreamt that she came back, and she was fine. She could see perfectly and she forgave us.''

''That's why I love you. Your big on happy endings. So, lets take and spread away. Pip gets Estella and- Can I read you something?'' Seeing Emily nod she continued, ''I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, control against happiness, against all discouragement could be.''

Whilst the blonde read aloud, Emily eye's watched her lips move with each movement.

''Did you get to that part yet?'' Alison said.

Emily nodded, catching her eye. She took the chance and leant forwards placing a kiss on the blonde's rosy lips, shocking the both of them.

To Alison the kiss was different. Sure she had had her fair share of kisses but she had only kissed one other girl before. Blair.

The two had been drunk at one of Ian's parties. Ali was still mad and confused as to why her best friend had her brother's lighter and so she had tried to figure it out. Blair ended up kissing Alison to prove that nothing was going on between the brunette and the eldest Dilaurentis when Jason had stormed out. His reaction had been all she needed.

She wasn't entirely sure what was happening between the two but what ever it was, it had sparked something in the girl. Jealousy. And it scared her.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

Noel and the Blair walked into the old music room, hand in hand, her boots clicking on the tiled floor.

''You gonna play the guitar like old times?'' Blair asked, jumping up so that she could sit on the table.

''I thought we agreed that we would keep that a secret'' Noel replied as he sat on the chair in front of her, the guitar in his hands.

Blair playfully scoffed, ''Still too scared that playing an instrument could ruin your player reputation, huh?''

Noel shook his head, trying to hide the small smile he had on his face as he began to play a gentle tune. The two teenagers sat for a while, Noel's fingers brushing the strings of the guitar, Blair silently watching him.

It reminded her of when the two were younger, when Noel used to sit on his bed, a small guitar resting on his lap whilst the brunette opposite laughed when the strings broke. Before she knew it, the song was over and the Khan boy now stood between her legs, his hands resting on her thighs.

''You okay?'' he mumbled, his lips centimetres away from hers.

Blair barely nodded, too focused on how close they were; close enough to see the small blush that was creeping up his neck.

Both their eyes fluttered closed and his arm snaked around her waist as their lips met in a gentle kiss. Noel soon took control, grasping her hips and pulling her closer, his hands tangling themselves in her curly hair. Blair was the first to pull back, breathing heavily. She met the boy's gaze, giggling when she saw how red his face was just as her eyes fell on the figure behind them.

''Mr Fitz'' she spoke, wincing at how awkward she sounded. Noel's head shot round, loosening his grip around Blair's waist.

''They want everyone in the library. For safety reasons'' was all he said before he made his way over to the desk, placing a pile of paper down.

The two teenagers glanced at each other, trying to contain their laughter, Noel leading them out of the classroom.

''Oh, and Mr Fitz? That tie clashes with your shirt.''

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

Not long after the two arrived back at the library, everyone was forced to wait in the locker room 'for more protection'.

Blair was sat on the floor, leaning against the wall when her phone vibrated from inside her bag. Noel had gone off with Sean after kissing her cheek goodbye and handing her her handbag.

Fear began to creep into Blair's chest as she searched for her phone. The girl was still confused about what A meant earlier and she didn't want to be alone when she found out.

  (1) missed call from Jason

Blair stared down at the screen, her head spinning. When he had hinted that he would call her she wasn't sure he actually call her. Snapping out of her trance, she pressed the 'call' button and placed the phone against her ear.

What was she supposed to say? The last time she had tried to speak to him one on one, he had shut her down almost instantly. Yes, she may have deserved his harsh words but it hurt, especially coming from him.

The phone continued to ring until a beeping sound was heard, indicating that it had gone to voicemail. She sat there, calling the same number over and over again, hoping that he would pick up and she could hear his voice once more. But he didn't.

The brunette huffed in frustration leaning her head against the locker behind her. She was about to try again when detective Wilden's voice filled her ears, pulling her out of her negative thoughts.

"Emily, I think I found something that belongs to you.'' he said, looking straight at the Fields girl who was stood beside Hanna.

''What's going on?'' Blair said following the voices into the library. ''We're supposed to be in the boy's locker room.''

"Well by now you girls should be used to being in places you aren't supposed to be" Wilden taunted before turning back to Emily. "Did you tell your friends where you were last night? Because I have some very interesting photos."

Emily's hands shook as she took the phone from Wilden, looking down at an image of her at Alison's ruined memorial. "Go ahead, pass it around. There's plenty more where that came from." he smirked. "I can see you didn't have time to clean you shoes either."

"That's not why I went there" Emily said, shaking her head, fear evident in her eyes.

"Really? So you didn't go back there to  finish Toby's handiwork's. Or where you there there just to cover his tracks. He knew Blair wouldn't do anything so he asked you instead. Is that what happened, huh?"

"I found it like that!" Emily snapped, her chest heaving. "It was already destroyed."

"Oh really?" Wilden asked, taking something out of the girls bag. "Then let me ask you something. What were these doing in your bag? Souvenirs? Did Toby ask you to save something that he could keep as a trophy."

"This has nothing to do with Toby! Or Emily. So just drop it, and leave us alone" Blair snapped, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Em, why do you have those?" Aria asked softly.

"You put those there, you creep" Hanna spat at the older man. "Emily would never do something like that! The memorial was her idea!"

"Yes, so I heard. Nice cover." he said sarcastically, pulling an envelope out of his blazer pocket. "Do you want me to read this to them? Go ahead, tell them Emily. Tell them about the angry letter you wrote to Alison. Which is dated only three days before she disappeared."

"You had no right to read that." Emily said, glaring at him.

"Emily, what's in the letter?" Spencer asked.

"Tell them. Tell them how you wanted to punish Alison for rejecting you. How you felt relived at the funeral. How she wasn't going to be around to humiliate you anymore, was she?"

By now, tears streamed down Emily's face, some brimming in the rest of the girls' eyes.

"I went back to the memorial to tell her I was sorry." Emily revealed. "There was horrible things in that letter and - and I didn't mean them. And then suddenly she was gone - and I loved her as more than a friend. I just never had the chance to tell her the right way."

Blair glared at Wilden as she walked past him, wrapping her arms around the brunette who sobbed into her shoulder.

"Give her that letter back. Give it back or I swear to god I will claw you eyes out." Blair spat at the detective, anger swimming in her brown eyes.

"Sorry, but I can't" Wilden replied. "And we aren't leaving until she tells me what she was doing carrying around pieces of Alison's memorial."

"I told them because they were the only things left that wasn't broken." Emily shouted, pulling away from Blair's embrace.

"What's going on in here?" a voice spoke making them turn to watch Veronica Hastings walk into the room, her face cold. "Why aren't they in the locker room with the others?"

"Who are you?" Wilden asked rudely.

"Her mother." she replied, pointing to Spencer. "And if this is the schools  idea of keeping my child safe I'm glad i came back." She paused when she saw Emily crying, "Emily, honey, why are you crying?"

"He accused her of killing Alison" Spencer replied, her voice dripping with venom.

"What!?" Mrs Hastings exclaimed.

"He went through her bag and stared pointing his really grubby fingers-" Blair started to explain.

"Hold it. Your telling me that you are questioning minors without an adult present? What police department do you work for?"

"Ma'am, I would advise you-" Wilden started.

"No. I would advise you to back off! Because anything they have said to you is irrelevant in a court room. Period!" she fumed, turning back towards the girls. "Let's go. Emily, grab your things."

The other four helped Emily grab her things, Blair snatching the bag from Wilden's hands whispering a small "prick" under her breath.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

"What's gonna happen to him?" Hanna asked once Mrs Hastings had joined the five in the locker room. "Can they kick him off the force?"

"If he's smart he'll leave before that happens." Veronica replied. "Oh, where did he get that protein bar?"

"Wherever he did, it's my new favourite place." Blair smiled.

so it's thursday again!!

a little bit of blair and ali's past, what do we think??

who do we ship blair with now??

theories??

remember to comment and vote
love you all
<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.3K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
79.8K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
238K 8.3K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
162K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...