One Decision

By theoleslie

"Why don't you let something cross that face of yours?" This guy was tough work. And that made me even more d... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
1. Get out
2. Young Weddings
3. Kiss, you Idiot
4. Chocolate
5. All alone
6. Wedding Gift
7. Cereal First
8. Honey's Lunch
9. Well, Who Knew?
10. A Forgotten Deal
11. Your problem, My problem
12. Drunk man's words Spread
13. Godforsaken Spit of Land
14. Rotten Tomatoes
15. Waves of Flashes
16. Mom's on Line
17: Will you Look at That?
18: Asked him
19: Wanna come for movie night?
20: Not this Sorta Dinner
21. Trust Issues
22. This Fucked up Shit
23. Pain helps
24. Marshmallows
25. Phones and Texts
26. No ogling
27. Dying Way
28. Night Intruder
29. Bluish Grey
30. Charges for blushing
31. Dusty Attic
33. Teased
34. We are drunk?
35. Never forget
36. Infidelity at its Best
37. Special Chocolate
38. Occasional Call
39. Calm down Hubby
40. Two Letters
41. Suffocating World
42. All He Had
43. Goodbyes
Sneak Peek
44. Twisted Fate
45. An Assassin's Pay
46. Cigars and Drinks
47. Caring but Clingy
48. Pleasure was all Mine
49. No Cheating
50. Better Late than Never
51. Desired Jewel
52. Red line
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - 1
Bonus Chapter - 2

32. Twisted Person

5.4K 232 26
By theoleslie

Ace

Sweet liar.

I stared at the strand of cobweb, crumbling it between my fingers as I looked into the hallway.

It was from her lovely chocolatey-smelling hair. The maids knew better than to keep the mansion dirty. If there was one place where there would be cobwebs, it's the attic.

Interesting. But how come she found out about it? Shane wouldn't tell an empty grave, let alone a living soul.

Amused at her determination, I was glad that she was trying to find out things on her own. 

Hearing it from my mouth will take forever.

Taking a deep breath I descended the stairs, chanting in my head to not lose cool. But then again, there is a fucking criminal on loose and then I should be calm?

Then why didn't you accompany Athena? She must be alone with the 'criminal' right now.

....fuck. That thought alone made me fasten my pace into a sprint. I sighed at ease when I saw Athena by the end of the stairs, still haven't reached the living room.

Athena turned her head and looked at me wide-eyed. "What? What is it?" She unmistakably saw the panic on my face because now she panicked.

Athena took her words of 'your problem, my problem' seriously. Very seriously.

"Nothing. Do you want them to leave or meet?" I asked as I grabbed her hand, intertwining my fingers.

Hold back, please hold back, hold back.

Maybe she must have heard the loudest thoughts I ever had, because her fingers did intervene with mine, firmly and tightly. I breathed silently in satisfaction.

"Meet them, obviously." Athena muttered as the large living room came into view, with Julie staring at them in distaste.

"Go inside Julie. We don't need anything here." I ordered making Athena tighten her fingers around mine. Julie turned to me and smiled, glancing back at Eva and Alan before going away to the kitchen.

"You know her name." Athena whispered, glaring at the retreating form of Julie. Was she mad that I knew a maid's name?

"Hey, Alan." The kid with my eyes got out from Eva's arms, rushing into Athena's with smiles.

Oh, now the kid loves her? What else do I have to face?

I sat there silently speaking once in a while as I watched the kid. His stormy gaze was on Athena the entire fucking time.

Is he in love with her?

We spoke as if we were friends. The whole point of them coming here was that, being Alan closer to his Dad.

Dad.

The word alone made me sick in the stomach, and no, it wasn't the butterfly feeling Athena makes.

Literal sickness. 

The kid wasn't much of a problem. I have grown used to the little shit, it was Eva who was the trouble.

I frowned every time the kid rubbed his eyes as if he was sleepy and was trying to stay awake. That every time was every 5 fucking minutes. The white of his eye would go a bit red too.

Eva would gently pull his hand away from his face when he does that. Athena noticed this many times too because every time they did that she threw me a doubtful look.

"It's getting late, we should get going." Eva quickly started when she finally saw Athena's face. Alan turned around to look at her.

"But mommy, I want to stay with Ath." Eva looked down at him while Athena looked surprised.

"Who?"

"Ath, she told me to call her that. I want to play with her." Alan pointed his little index finger at Athena, who smiled warmly.

Are you kidding me now?

"Baby, it's getting late, we need to go home." Eva tried to make him understand, but he shook his head persistently.

"I want to stay with Ath." Alan bellowed, making me groan inwardly. 

No, he can't stay.

"He can stay Eva." What?

What?

Whaaaatt? No way. Shit.

"But- -"

"It won't be hard to take care of a 5-year-old. Besides, he is easy-going, aren't you Alan?" She cooed at the last making Alan leave his mother's arms to be in Athena's.

The last thing I fucking needed.

"He doesn't have any clothes." Eva argued, almost panicking over this turn of events.

Why...?

"I can buy it, let him stay." I asserted, possibly after a long time. Athena snapped her head at me in shock with Alan snuggled into her neck.

"But Ala- -"

"Don't you want Alan to know about his father?" I cut her off, making her eyes go wide but then opened her mouth to protest.

Okay, he is definitely staying.

"Eva. End it, he is staying here." Athena was nervously looking between us while pressing Alan's face into her neck, successfully blocking his view of us.

She is scared that another fight will break out in front of the kid.

Eva looked defeated, and slowly nodded her head. I called Julie and let her out. Alan didn't even want to say bye, he was busy talking to Athena.

Did a mere kid steal her from me?

"Do you want anything to eat, Alan?" Athena asked, carrying him to the kitchen. I debated if I should even try or if I should head upstairs.

Athena is going there. So I will go there.

"Can I have some chocolate?" Alan's timid voice echoed through the kitchen as I entered it. He was sitting on the countertop with his legs flinging back and forth while Athena moved to the fridge to grab what he wanted.

Chocolate. Is the kid really mine?

"A bit for me too Athena." She didn't reply but I knew she heard that. Alan's eyes flickered to mine, gazing into my eyes intently.

Yeah kid, we both got it.

"Ace, right?" This is not five years old. I nodded, taking a seat beside him. "Can I call you like that?" I paused. Dad or Ace? It's not confirmed yet, is it?

"Ace is fine."

"And here you both go! Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate." Athena crooned as she gave us what we asked for.

Alan took the pack excitedly, rubbing his eyes briefly before taking a bite. Athena and I both glanced at each other before watching him.

"This is so good!" He slightly shouted, grinning up at Athena.

"Its Galaxy, it's one of the best."

"It's what?" He asked confused, stopping his chewing. Athena smiled, gently taking the pack from his hands before showing him the covering.

"It's the name of the chocolate. Which is this alphabet?" She asked, pointing at the G printed on the covering. Alan frowned at her words, staring at the plastic wrapping and then back at her.

".....I don't know. What is an 'alphabet'?" ....what?

He is almost 6, he didn't study by now?

Athena looked flabbergasted. "Uh...you didn't study alphabets in school?"

"School?" He repeated making me frown as we glanced at each other again.

What is going on? Wasn't Eva able to let him go to school?

"Yeah, it's where you study many things." Athena slowly said, before quickly brushing it off when he rubbed his eyes again.

"Wanna hear more about it or are you sleepy?" He yawned, stretching his tiny limbs.

"Okay, that gives me an answer." Athena smiled before picking him up. Alan almost immediately tossed his little arms around her neck, resting his head on her shoulder but a sigh.

He suddenly lifted his head and smiled at me.

"Goodnight Ace." I felt my eyes burn for a moment before I gave him a small smile. I kissed his forehead as he went back on her shoulder. "Goodnight kid."

This is too much.

"I will be back in the bedroom, just be there." Athena whispered to me almost incoherently and I slightly nodded, turning away to finish my chocolate.

Or more like she doesn't see my watery eyes.

I almost lost it when they were out of sight.

I can't have a kid, not Eva's. No, no, no. But at this point, even I am starting to believe it's mine.

My heart was hammering against my chest just thinking about it. I need to put her back.

Moreover, I am not a good father. I lost almost 6 years of my own kid. He doesn't know alphabets or what even school is, he didn't know what a dad is or who is his...

I hung my head in my palms, trying to regain calmness for a few minutes but it wasn't working much.

Athena. I need her.

Quickly getting up I headed upstairs wondering which room Athena decided to let him sleep in.

I got the answer when I passed a room to go to ours.

"So your middle name is Leslie? That's so cute." I heard Athena say as I peeped into the nearly closed door.

Alan was on the bed listening, frowning, and talking back while being surrounded by pillows, so he wouldn't fall.

Alan grimaced at her statement. "I don't want it to be cute." I almost laughed at that, and at Athena's face.

Not wanting to get caught I headed to our room. I will sleep when Athena comes.

With that thought, I opened my laptop and started working. My mind was never in it, but then again what else am I supposed to do?

I was an A-grade coward, and an asshole. I avoided dealing with emotions and work instead so I wouldn't face conflicts. I run away from them. And dragging Athena in along with my boring ride was not at all the plan.

Live alone. Die alone. It was that simple.

Where did a wife come in between?

The door burst open making me almost jump from the chair. Athena paced in and rummaged through her dresser, almost knocking over the things to find something.

"Did.....something happen?" I slowly asked as she went through the third drawer, sighing in relief as she grabbed a small plastic container.

"Yeah, it's nothing though. Sleep Ace, it's already late. Close that stupid laptop." She kissed my cheek but was out of the room the next second.

Should I go and find out? I don't wanna go, but I wanna know.

Maybe I will ask her.

Puffing my cheeks up in annoyance, I got up and flopped down on the bed. It doesn't feel good. At all.

Why all these changes? I was good with the office and my boring grey walls. And maybe even Athena. Why did Eva come that night?

My eyes drooped with the thoughts, not even bothering to roll to my side, I was smack right in the middle of the bed.

Athena needs space. My mind reminded me. I sighed, gathering up the strength to move to my side.

It was not good. I would wake up every ten minutes, just to see the space beside me empty. Where is she? Still talking to the kid? Or did she sleep beside him?

I scoffed. A 5-year-old stole her from me? Unbelievable.

I decided to get up and check where she is or what she is doing. Before I could exactly do that, she opened the door, walking on her tippy toes.

"Wait, you are still awake." She whispered into the air, staring at me before rolling her eyes and walking normally.

I huffed. "What were you doing this long Athena? It's past 12." I grumbled angrily, making her pause her action of opening the dresser.

She dropped back the plastic container which is God knows what and shut it, turning towards me with a smirk.

"Why? Missed me?" I scoffed at that shaking my head in a no as I went back under the duvets.

Athena grinned at my reaction, getting under the covers before scooting close, kissing the tip of my nose.

"Don't worry, I missed you too." I looked at her incredulously.

"We saw each other less than two hours ago." She frowned, a scowl crossing her beautiful features as she huffed and then turned around, her back at me.

Her ass. Fuck.

I pulled her closer by her waist into me, so that now I was spooning her. Placing a long kiss on her earlobe I wondered how this buried side came up.

"You are the most twisted person I have ever seen, Ace."

___________________________________

WE ARE PAST 5K!!! THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

😭😭✋❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
634K 29.2K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...
1M 24.7K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...
776K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...