Paradox [Boboiboy Fanfiction]

By blazingsuns

Paradox /ˈperəˌdäks/ Noun : a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when inves... More

All About Lia
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N 1
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Special Chapter 01
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Special Chapter 02
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Author's Note and Announcement
Special Chapter 03
Epilogue
Special Chapter 04

Chapter 37

128 9 1
By blazingsuns

Chapter 37

"Babe, wake up. We're already here." Boboiboy softly shook his sleeping girlfriend.

Boboiboy and Lia traveled to the Philippines because her mom would be celebrating her 50th birthday. Her request was to celebrate her golden year in the Philippines since that's her home. They were both at the van, being driven back to the de Vera's house in the Philippines. It was located in Quezon City.

Once the van arrived at the house, Boboiboy woke his girlfriend up. Lia woke up, all dazzled. "Hmm... It's too early... Wait... Why are we here?" Boboiboy chuckled, "We're at your house, silly.

She immediately snapped back to reality, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, you're right! Shoot! Let's go!" They went out of the van and the driver helped them with their bags. Lia rang the doorbell and it was her first older brother, Tony, who answered.

"Kuya!" They both shared a hug. "You guys went earlier as expected. We were expecting you guys around 5 PM. It's just 2 PM!" Lia laughed, "Well now we're here." Then she turned to Boboiboy, who was just watching them. She gestured him to come to them.

Boboiboy was nervous. He heard about her two brothers being protective, especially Ron. He never had the chance to formally meet them until this day. The two brothers never came to Malaysia and didn't know about their relationship. He walked over them and he did a slight bow.

"Kuya, this Boboiboy, my boyfriend. Boboiboy, this is Kuya Tony - the eldest." Tony held out his hand, gesturing for a handshake. Boboiboy was surprised, but he shook his hand.

"Oh, yeah. It's you. I think you went here back in 2018? Although I wasn't here that time, I was out with friends." Tony smiled. "Welcome to our house, and to our family. Come on in."

They all went inside, helping each other with the bags. As soon as Boboiboy entered the living room, he was astonished. It was a modern type of living room, way different from what he has back in Rintis. And the dining area was modern as well.

"I hope you don't mind staying here at the house. It's just a few of us who are staying here. Me, you guys, and mom. We used to have a maid but since we're already old enough, we let her go." Tony said. "Ron is at his condominium that's near his school, UST. I'm sure you've already heard of it."

Boboiboy nodded, "Oh yes. He's studying there for Medicine School, right?" Tony gave a thumbs up, "Good. So, uhm... Lia, you can go to your rooms. I'll be doing some work. And for the love of God, please don't be loud."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lia asked in confusion. Tony just wiggled his eyebrows at the two, while Boboiboy was taken aback; he knew what he meant. "Nothing! Now go, I need to work."

Tony left the two, who proceeded in bringing the stuff to Lia's old bedroom. Going up the stairs, Boboiboy took a look at the picture frames on the wall. One photo caught his eyes- a family photo of them, but there was one person there who was unfamiliar to him.

"Hey, who's this?" Boboiboy pointed to the girl beside Lia. Lia turned to where Boboiboy was looking at, much to her surprise. "Oh, uhm... That's my sister." Her voice became emotionless as she said that.

He knew whenever she used that tone, she wouldn't want to talk about it. But still, he asked, "Do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head, "No thanks. It's okay. It's kind of complicated." He just nodded and went on helping her in bringing the bags.

Once they arrived in the room, Lia was surprised by how neat it was. "Wow, this is not how I remembered this room."

"It became bigger...?" Boboiboy looked around as he said that. "Yeah, I guess they disposed of some things. Oh well, make yourself comfortable." Lia brought her luggage in as Boboiboy brought his. They placed it on one side.

"How come your bed is this big if you're just alone here?" Boboiboy pointed to her bed which was a queen-sized bed. "That's actually my first impression when I came here years ago."

Lia smiled sheepishly as she opened one drawer to get something, "Uhm... You know how jerky I am when I sleep right?" Boboiboy sighed, "How can I forget? You literally pushed me off the bed when we took a nap together at my room in TAPOPS."

"Aish! I didn't know, and I was asleep! Take it or leave it." Lia joked, playfully rolling her eyes. "I'll take it, of course," Boboiboy replied, grinning. His remark made Lia flustered, "Heh! Whatever! You're just wooing me."

Boboiboy winked, "I'll always do that."

At Rintis, Yaya, Ying, and Gopal were at the cocoa shop. They were all helping out Tok Aba since Boboiboy went with Lia to the Philippines. The three were tired, they have been working all day.

Ochobot went to the counter and handed Gopal a note, "This is for table 7." He sighed, "Aiyoyo! I'm already tired. Where is Tok Aba anyway?" He earned a smack from Ochobot, "He's resting, duh! Now please do the orders for table 7."

The power sphere left Gopal in exasperation, then he started preparing the orders. "Geez. When will Boboiboy and Lia come back again?" Ying, who was cleaning a table nearby, sighed, "They have been gone for just how many hours and now you're complaining. Give those two a break, will you? Aunty Nat's birthday is upcoming, which is why they're there."

"Yeah, G. Besides, Lia has been feeling homesick for the past few years. She hasn't returned since Reverse was still alive." Yaya replied while cleaning another table. As they continued to work, Fang and Leizel arrived minutes later.

"Hey guys!" Leizel greeted them, then noticed them working. "Eh? You're the ones taking charge for today?" Gopal sighed, "Who else? The two are not here." Fang shook his head, "Eeesh. They're not going to be gone for a year. They'll be back in 5 days."

All of a sudden, Ying and Yaya left the tables they were cleaning and head to the couple. They instantly handed off the towels to them and left. "It's your turn now!" Yaya yelled to the two. Both Leizel and Fang sighed, as Gopal was still preparing the orders.

Back at Lia's house, Lia was fixing some things on a desk while Boboiboy was talking to Tok Aba through a device. His hologram was projected. "They're doing great, it's just that they're already tired."

"Let them be, atok. We'll be back in 5 days." Boboiboy assured him. "Eh, don't worry about us! You enjoy there okay? And where's Lia?" The moment Tok Aba looked for Lia, she rushed to the hologram.

Tok Aba smiled, "Ah, there you are! I hope Boboiboy isn't giving you a headache, you will be with him for 5 days!" Lia chuckled, "He's not, don't worry. Besides, we both went together in space for how many months. 5 days is okay... Please keep safe always, atok! We'll bring you something when we get back."

"And that's why I like you!" Tok Aba exclaimed, earning a smile from Lia. "Okay, okay. I better go. I have to check on Gopal, he's been complaining since earlier. Sheesh, that boy." Boboiboy sighed, "Just offer him a free drink, he'll be motivated."

"Hey! Business is business! If you'll give him a drink, it's on you." Boboiboy nodded, "Then it's on me then, atok. Give the guy the drink so he can stop complaining." They bid Tok Aba goodbye then the call ended.

Lia stretched her back as she sat down on her bed, "I hope they aren't mad at us." Boboiboy shook his head, "I'm sure they're not. They know that is a family thing. Let them be. Besides, they have to do something while we're not back at TAPOPS yet."

"Do you know when we're coming back?" Boboiboy shook his head, "No. Admiral said we're clear as of now... Speaking of TAPOPS, do Tony and Ron know?" Lia shook her head, "They'll know when they need to."

"How about uncle?" Lia looked at him and frowned, "About TAPOPS, no. And the same goes for our relationship." She lowered her head, sighing. She knew her dad was the only one who doesn't know about her and Boboiboy.

But could she blame herself? Her dad rarely goes home, and when he does, she doesn't have any opportunity to bring it up to him because he suddenly shuts her off.

Boboiboy placed his hand on her shoulder, "It's okay, I understand. I know how much you try to tell him about us." Lia groaned, "Does this always have to happen? Whenever I try to talk to him about something, he shuts it out. He dodges the topic and talks about something else. That's so unfair."

"Is he coming for tomorrow's celebration?" Lia shrugged, "I don't know. See, that's how complicated he is. I don't even know what's up with him. I'm starting to think if it has to do with his work."

Boboiboy widened his eyes, as Lia continued. "It's so insane. He goes home once a year, with no communication happening in between. Usually, parents who work abroad communicate with their children; this guy doesn't do anything at all. It's like he's just a ghost that just comes and goes whenever he needs to."

"So what are you trying to say?" He asked his girlfriend. She stood up then faced him, "I'm not saying he's doing something illegal. I mean, that's my dad, he wouldn't do that. Maybe it has to do something that needs him to be on-site. Urgh, I don't know."

"Babe, as much as you're frustrated with him, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. You don't know what's going on with him." Lia sighed, "That's the problem, babe. I don't know what's going on with him."

"I'm sure he'll tell you guys as soon as there is one. Fathers need their support system too." Boboiboy assured her. "Yeah, you're right." Later on, they are chilling in the room since they both got tired from the flight.

Boboiboy is doing something with his power watch while Lia is on her phone. She started to giggle which caught his attention, "Hmm? What are you laughing at?" Lia looked at him, "Oh, I'm talking to my friend, Ash."

"Ash?" Lia nodded, "Yeah. The only guy friend I have here in the Philippines, to be honest. I told him that we're here and he wants to arrange a double date." Boboiboy slightly widened his eyes, "Double date?"

"Yeah, with his girlfriend. You thought he's single, huh? Don't worry, he's not like Sai." Lia smirked. "Eh? I didn't say anything! Goodness. At least I didn't have a crush on one of my closest friends." With a sigh, he raised his palms, justifying his stand.

Lia widened her eyes; she knew what he was talking about. Way back then, she used to have a small crush on Ying. "Hey! That was just a small crush! It went away when I found out she confessed to Fang... Are you mad at me about that?"

"What? No way, why would I be?" His eyes softened at her. "I really don't mind. I mean, Ying's a great person and for someone like her, she has a vibe of a heartthrob. Right now, you're mine and I'm yours."

Lia smirked, "Is being territorial part of being a leader in a famous gang? But hey, honestly, did you think Ash is single?" Boboiboy sighed, "Sayang, get used to me being like this- I just really want to protect you. I want people to know that you aren't going to be single or available to anyone else any time soon, or ever."

He continued, "You know how guys are when it comes to girls, taking advantage. I want to protect you from that. This is also my way of proving to you that I'm here for the long haul." He smiled.

This is what she loves about Boboiboy- he's committed to doing what he loves to do, which includes being in a relationship with her. "I know. I was just messing with you. I'm sorry. And I really do appreciate it, thank you so much." She replied with her eyes softened. He chuckled, "It's okay."

"Fun fact, his girlfriend's name is also Lia. We just have different first names but since we both prefer to be called Lia. Although, she belongs to the lower batch." Boboiboy nodded, "It must feel weird to have someone who has the same name as you."

Lia sighed, "You bet. When news came out that Ash has a girlfriend named Lia, some people were bombarding me with questions like how did we make our relationship work despite the long distance. And I was like... I don't even like him and you're talking about the wrong Lia!"

He laughed upon seeing the frustration in her face, "Guess they didn't know that De Vera is now with a handsome elemental hero. I don't mind though, as long as they don't think you're with Ash."

"Don't worry babe, they now know that. But I didn't tell them about the elemental hero though, I know that there's a huge risk when we reveal about our powers and duties." Lia replied.

"Thank you. And hey, there might be another Lia in this world but you're the only Lia I want and need." He winked at her. She responded by tucking her hair with a slight pout, "Heehee. You're too kind."

Then all of a sudden, Lia received a text message on her phone. It was from her mom.

From: AA Mom

Hi babes. I left my wallet in our room. Can you get it for me? I think it's on our desk. I'll be passing by the house in a while to get it.

Lia replied to the message, saying that she'll get it. "I have to get something from their room, will you be okay here?" Boboiboy smiled, "Yeah, hehe. Besides," He lay down her bed, "This bed of yours is comfortable. It even smells like you."

"Feel free to sniff around, I guess." Then Lia left her room then went down to the second floor to her parents' room. She went inside and went to the desk; she saw the wallet. She immediately got it. When she was about to walk away, her eyes were placed on her dad's closet.

"Does he have clothes here?" She muttered as she walked to the closet and opened it. To her surprise, there were a few pieces of clothing and some books. She saw that the books there were from the time he was studying law.

One thing caught her eye; it was something red and shiny. It was a piece of red fabric and a fingerless glove that made her take a close look at it. Since it was in the closet, the dust has made her sneeze.

She suddenly shoved them back to the closet; she remembered she had allergic rhinitis and can be triggered by dust. She walked out of the room and head back to Boboiboy. As she was walking in the corridor, she felt something weird. Maybe it's because the lights aren't on.

She turned around so she could turn on the lights, but as she did, she saw a figure from afar. She couldn't really see who is it, she called out for it. "Hello? Who's there?" There was no response, so she went on.

She was close to her door, but she turned around again. A figure was standing in front of her; a skeletal body. It frightened her, so she screamed and ran back to her room. As soon as she entered, Boboiboy was looking at her worriedly.

He rushed to her, "Are you okay? What happened? I heard your scream." She was breathing heavily; she couldn't speak out. Not getting a response from her, Boboiboy hugged her.

"It's okay, I'm here." He softly assured her, patting her back. She was still panting, but she tried to speak, "I-I... I saw something." She pulled away as her tears fell down. Boboiboy wiped her tears away, "I'm here babe, you're safe." Her right hand held his left hand so tight.

All of a sudden, Tony arrived. He was surprised to see the two, "What happened? I heard you scream, Lia." Lia turned to him and smiled faintly, "Uhm... It was nothing... Yeah, yeah. I'm okay."

Maybe I was just imagining things. I did watch a horror movie yesterday with Leizel and Yaya.

"Uhm... Okay?" Tony replied, not that convinced but he didn't mind. "I came here to tell you something. We have a visitor." Lia gave a confused look, "Visitor? Is it mom? She did tell me she'll pass by the house because she left her wallet."

"So, you prefer your mother rather than your old man?" Andres suddenly appeared, surprising Boboiboy and Lia, especially Lia.

The moment she saw her dad, there was a feeling that sparked in her. It was fear, and she doesn't know why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 637 26
In which a boy dreams about a girl, getting slaughtered by his enemies every night. He couldn't sleep with that dream that turned out to be his own n...
9.5K 234 19
Sabriye Unisa is a huge fan of action and heroes. Boboiboy is one of them. However, one day, she gets sucked into a strange portal that led to Boboib...
32.7K 2.1K 83
A book where I make some of my ideas from my idea book to one shots. ⚠WARNING⚠ -WRONG GRAMMAR -SOME WRONG SPELLINGS -BAD WRITING -ETC. Boboiboy...
1.2K 85 11
"From A daughter of Justice to a Historical Hero. How cliché could it get" - Dame Ying/Ying Li Ying Li was a well known Lawyer for putting criminals...