The Arrangement

By heartachee_

"Look me in my eyes and tell me you don't love me." "It was just an arranged marriage." More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
039
040
041
042
043
044
Epilogue

038

1.1K 88 6
By heartachee_

The boys have been acting as if they're not going through with a dangerous mission tomorrow. They're arguing back and forth about what pizza toppings to get, and what sauce for the wings.

Meanwhile I'm a wreck, I've seen and heard how dangerous this man can be and the boys are as cool as a cucumber. Im very much aware that they can handle themselves, but still, Im worried.

"Earth to Nia!"

I flinch before looking at Jongho.

Jongho: Wings from the pit or no?
Me: Whatever you guys want is fine.

Wooyoung twists his lips up.

Wooyoung: You seem distracted.
Me: I'm okay, are you guys okay?

Yeosang takes his knuckles out of San's head.

Yeosang: Are you worried about tomorrow?
Me: More so worried about you guys.

I look to the ground refusing to make eye contact with them. Mingi scoffs before placing his hand on my head.

Mingi: When did you become strong enough to worry about us?
Hongjoong: I know we're a little dumb at times..-
Jongho: Speak for yourself!
Hongjoong: But we're smarter than you think.
Wooyoung: And sneaky.
San: And crafty.
Yeosang: And crazy.
Mingi: Not to mention we're being lead by someone reliable.

Speaking of that...

Me: Where is he?

I walk into Seonghwa's room and he's laying on his bed staring at the ceiling.

Me: Hey.

He pats the space next to him and I lay back on the bed with him. I don't know when i became so comfortable around him, but I'm glad about it.

Me: What're you up here doing?
Seonghwa: Thinking.
Me: About?
Seonghwa: The mission tomorrow.

His words seem emotionless as does his face. I can't tell if he's concerned or not.

Me: How smooth do you think things will go?
Seonghwa: It won't go smooth at all. You've seen how ruthless that man is and eventhough Yoshi and his men volunteered to join us I don't know how strong they are.

He sighs.

Seonghwa: I'm not worried about anything, just trying to find the next step for every worse scenario. That way we aren't stuck and can keep moving.

It puts me at ease a bit to know he isn't just jumping into this with zero thought. He turns his head to the side to look at me and I do the same.

Seonghwa: I'm dropping you off at Suzy's in the morning.
Me: Are you sure I can't accompany you guys?
Seonghwa: I'm positive. I need you to be safe for when I come back.

My heart jumps a bit.

He runs his fingers gently through my hair, I roll so that I'm laying on my side. He caresses my face, his warm touch melted away all my anxieties.

My eyes flutter close. Before I know it I'm drifting off, but a soft pair of lips touch my forehead making me smile a bit.

__

I woke up not to long ago and now I'm getting chicken and pizza shoved in my face.

Wooyoung: All I'm saying is cheese stuffed crust is better.
San: Garlic butter crust!
Wooyoung: Cheese!
San: Garlic!

Yunho sighs.

Yunho: Nia just woke up and you guys are noisy.

They both smile sheepishly. I've been in a daze ever since I woke up that was the best nap ever. I'm not sure if it's because I was tired or because it was Seonghwa's bed.

Irregardless tomorrow is the day and there's nothing I can do but pray they'll be fine.

___

sorry this chapter is short, i have a writing assignment due by midnight. wish me luck 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1.2K 23
Wooyoung swears the boy who bullied him in elementary school would hate him forever.
43.8K 1.5K 27
story of Woosan breaking a secret admirers heart without knowing. There might be smut in future chapters. Seongjoong will be included!
328K 14.1K 107
"You spoiled her so much she thinks she's the one in charge." "Grab your handcuffs so we can show her she's wrong."