ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ | 𝚉𝚊...

Por imatypewriter

"ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʏᴏᴜ... ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ." In the heart of political intrigue, Princess... Más

𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
prologue
Chapter 1 *revised
Chapter 2 *revised
Chapter 3 *revised
Chapter 4 *revised
Chapter 5 *revised
Chapter 6 *revised
Chapter 7 *revised
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 20

150 7 3
Por imatypewriter

Zayn - Pov.

Selena hadn't said much for the rest of the ride. Her eyes were kept out the window, and when I asked her something, she gave a one-word reply. I was so confused since the whole day she was fine. Did she not like the picnic? or maybe it's because I convinced her to get in the water? No- she seems okay that time.

I took in a deep breath out of frustration as I stared out the window. Once in a while, I would glance over to Selena but she just ignored me.

"Harry, is it this house?" Liam asked, glancing over to Harry, who was looking at his phone GPS. Selena quickly straightens up as she continued to stare out the window. I let a smile slips onto my lips at the sight of her excitement. 

We arrived outside a gate entrance to a farmhouse. The memories from last year came flooding back as I try to spot the difference that was done to the place. 

"Yep, this is the one," Harry replied, shifting to see the house better. 

A farmhouse laid in the open field all by itself, surrounded by fields and trees. Beside the house, there was a wooden warehouse, where a pickup truck parked. After glancing around the area, Liam quickly drove into the land and stopped in front of the warehouse, just behind the truck.

"Should we all go down?" Harry asked, turning back to look at me. I looked around before nodding. 

"I think Niall should be here," I said, quickly getting out of the car and rushed over to Selena's side. 

Selena already got out of the car and slammed it shut when I got to her. "Stay close," I said, pulling her behind me. 

We started to walk towards the warehouse and heard a loud machinery cutting sound. My brows furrowed as I try to figure out what was happen. After a little bit, I found out that the sound was coming out of the warehouse. 

Liam led us through the door and into the warehouse. We all glanced around the warehouse that was filled with all sorts of things. There was a tractor on one side of the space. I let my eyes searched for Niall or whoever could make that loud cutting noise. 

That was when I saw a blonde-haired guy swinging on a rope, over something.

We were all quite amused when we saw him still working on gadgets that could be so useless in the middle of a field. But I get it since coming up with gadgets is always his thing. 

"What are you making, mate?" Liam asked, furrowing his brows at the Irish lad. The guy widened his eyes when he saw all of us standing on the ground in front of him.

"You boys are here!" He exclaimed, quickly removing the straps from his body and stumbling towards us. "I was just working another one of my gadgets, you know, it's nothing really," He chuckles. 

"It's good to see again, mate," Harry said, patting him on the shoulder. As you should know we don't hug. Niall nodded with a smile until his eyes landed on Selena, who was staring at him. 

He widened his eyes before looking at me for some answers. "Er, right-"

"I'm Selena," She smiled, holding out her hand in front of her. My eyes widened when he reached out to grab it, but I quickly slap it away.

Selena quickly pinched my side before shooting me a glare. My brows furrowed while fighting the pain at my side. She was doing things with her eyes like trying to give me signals. 

I turned back to the guys to see them staring at me with Niall, smiling awkwardly. "Er, this is Selena, she's the daughter of a highly authorized person," I said, pushing her hand away from my side. The muscles on her face seem to relax as a smile entered her lips. 

Niall nodded slowly with a beaming grin. "Hi, nice to meet you, Selena, I'm Niall," He greeted, reaching out his hand again. My brows furrowed and my teeth gritted together as she grabs his hand and shook it.

Niall turned his attention back to us and his face suddenly became serious. "So, Selena is attacked? And you guys found out that the suspect could be meeting with someone here?" 

I nodded with the other two boys. Niall's jaw clenched as he looked around at each of us. "They should be having the meeting today," Harry said, nodding as his brows arched together. 

"How about we go into the house, the place quite smells," Niall suggested, starting his ways towards the door. 

I looked at Harry and Liam, realizing that I was also fighting the bad smell of burnt metal. "And I'll get you guys something to drink," Niall added, turning around so that he was walking backward, towards the exit. 

Liam flicked his head at me before following Niall outside the warehouse. Selena walked beside me and Harry, not saying anything. 

"This place hadn't had rain for a few days already, me grass isn't green as usual," Niall said, chuckling as he pointed over to the small forestry area of his huge land. 

"It's quite a big land," Selena complimented, making Niall beamed. 

"Yeah, thanks to my grandpa, he gave it to me just a few years ago," He replied, the way he spoke as fast as usual. "Before he- passed away," He added, shrugging.

Selena's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry," She frowned, looking up at me. 

"It's okay," He replied, beaming at her. "Here, come on in," He gestured into his house as we reached the front porch. 

He quickly pushed open the door and walked into the house before us. The house was small yet comfortable. The kitchen was visible from the living room and the staircase was tucked to the side, against the wall. 

We followed Niall further into the house towards the open living room. "Do you guys fancy anything?" He asked, turning around, looking specifically at Selena, who quickly shoved on a smile. 

"Anything will do, thank you," She said, nodding. Niall nodded with a beam before winking at me. I can tell he had a thing for the princess.

"Aren't you gonna ask your best mates for anything?" I yelled after him, making him cackle, waving his finger in the air. 

"I know what you boys want," He said, entering the kitchen and turning to the side so that now we couldn't see him.

Selena slowly took a seat on the brown leather couch as she looked around the room. I quickly took a seat beside her and leaned back comfortably. "We're gonna stay here tonight, it's gonna be okay with you, right?" I asked, turning to look at her. 

She glanced at me before looking away, furrowing her eyebrows. "Why would I not? I like it here," She said, a bit offended as she shifted a little. 

I watched her, examining her strange facial expression. A frown slowly entered my lips when I got nothing out of it. Niall soon entered the room holding a rectangular metal plate. He placed him down on the table in front of me and Selena before slumping down into the seat in front of it. 

The plate contains a few liquid drinks including three energy drinks and a glass of orange juice. "This orange juice is for Selena," Niall said, grabbing the cup and handing it over to the princess, who smiled.

"You're lucky I had a few energy drinks left," Niall said, looking around at each of us.

I quickly took one from the three and hand it to Liam before taking one myself, not caring about Harry's expression. 

"I also want a glass of orange juice," Harry groaned, after taking the last one and looking at the can. 

"You can go get it yourself," Niall said, laughing loudly. I stared at him as I connect my lips to the can then getting a sip of the energy drink. 

The cold liquid touched my tongue, making my eyes widen. I haven't had caffeine for the whole morning, should really be thankful for this. 

Liam stood beside the window, leaning against it as he stared down at each of us with his hands preoccupied with the drink. 

"So what are your plans?" Niall asked, removing the can from his lips. 

I glanced over to Liam, who licked his bottom lip. "I was thinking of finding out where the guy is meeting his boss and finding out who they are, so we could easily get rid of them," 

"You make it sound quite easy," I said, narrowing my eyes at him while tilting my head. 

"Oh, it will be easy," He smiled, his brows raised in excitement. "After we find out where they're meeting," He added with a crooked smile.

Niall took another sip of his drink before nodding. "We could look through the satellite cameras and find them through that," Niall suggested, behind Harry was walking out of the kitchen, carefully holding his glass of orange juice. 

"Well, to do that we'll need our MI6 unit numbers, which we possibly can't use," Liam replied, his arms crossed in front of his chest. We all ignored Harry as he slowly took a sip of the orange as if it was hot. 

"Yeah, the agency might be able to track our activities," Niall nodded, glancing at the floor before back up at me. 

"We might be able to-" 

"Guys," Liam murmured, making all of us turn to see him looking through the curtains and not us. "Who are those guys?" He asked, glancing back at Niall before looking back out. 

He swung the curtains open wide for us to see the rumble of three black range rovers driving past our house and a few others before disappearing behind the thick trees, as it took a turn. Niall furrowed his brows as he watched the cars left the wind of dust trailing behind.

"That's weird, no one else lives back there," Niall said, glancing back at me and Liam. 

Harry's eyes widened just slightly before placing the glass down on the table. "What do you mean no one lives back there?" 

"The road basically leads to nowhere but this private property, all I know is that they own like 10 acres of land, not sure if there's any property," Niall said, his hands resting on his hips. 

I glanced at Selena to see that she was focused on what Niall was saying. "Could it be them?" I asked, finally able to bring out the bothering question. 

Niall and the other three turned to look at me. Liam clenched his jaw and Harry tied his eyebrows together as they looked at Niall. 

"Well, Amador is quite small, you could say it's the smallest city in California," Niall stated, glancing down at his feet before looking back up at us. "Could be fate,"

"Is there a way to prove us that?" Harry asked, making Niall widened his eyes in realization. My eyes narrowed as he quickly walked to the desk area. We all watched him as he scrambled through some junk in a cardboard box. 

"Ahh, here it is," Niall said, smiling as he pulled out a rectangular pad. "It seems like it isn't too late to use my custom thermal imaging camera," 

"What's that?" Selena blurted. I can tell she was trying so hard to keep it in but somehow she could help it.

Niall lets out a loud laugh as he makes his way back towards us. "Well, to make it short, it's basically a non-contact device that detects heat and converts it into a visual image without being physically close," Selena opened her mouth, in awe.

"We could always use my phone-" 

"No, Payno! This-" Niall points at the pad. "Is custom made by meself," He claimed, starting to tap on it. 

"What's the difference?" Harry asked, his tone deep and slow as usual. 

Niall's eyes looked up from under his hooded eyes. "I made this detect in the range of 10 yards, see-through walls, and... it's more accurate than your damn phone," He said, glaring at Liam, who put on a fake frown as he nodded, impressed.

"How bout' we give it a go?" I suggested, raising my brows at Liam and Niall. I could see the smirk that played on Niall's lips as he quickly pressed something on the device. 

"Awh, yeah! Baby!" He cheered, piercing his lips together as he points the back of the device towards the direction of the property. 

Harry watched from the side, leaving some space for me and Selena to see the screen. Soon colorful images start to show up on the screen. 

I could make out the shape of a few people that looked like guards standing in front of the three cars, saying something to the driver inside the car. The device detected through the cars showing two people in the front line car and the back car, both sitting in the front seat.

My eyebrows started to furrow as I noticed the situation in this case. The middle car had three people in the car, two in front and one in the back. It was quite strange, it was like the middle car had someone important in it and the other two is protecting whoever is in it. 

"The guards armed," Liam stated, making me squint my eyes. One of the guards was facing our direction so we were able to make out the shape of the model rifle. 

"What kind of civilized property need such amount of security?" Harry asked the thinking question. 

The pad slowly moved to the left showing a few more guards inside the property. "That's a lot of armed guards," Niall said. 

Soon the three cars were able to enter through the small gate and into the property. "Can we tell if there's any house or anything?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, let me just..." Niall took his hand and pressed the side of the pad. The image started to zoom in past the many trees that were located inside the property. It stopped zooming when we reached 500 meters into the land. 

The heat imaging device showed the heat of a small shed. By the infrared heat of the building, I can tell it was made out of metal. Just in front of it, the device showcases a person, identifying the heat signature of the person. 

"Gear up," I said, quickly getting out of the couch. "It's definitely them," 

...

Selena was pacing around the room as we put on our vests and change out of our jeans. I can tell she was nervous about all this and I was too. Her eyes would be staring at the floor and something would glance up at us. Her legs were wobbling as she slowly walked. 

There were those moments where I don't trust myself to keep her safe. I didn't want her to worry, but there had to be something we did that made her doubt our capability to protect her. 

"I don't think it's a good idea if you guys just raid the place," Niall suddenly said, looking up as his hands were tying his bootlaces.

"It isn't," Harry nodded, running his hand through his hair. 

"We might as well find out who it is he's meeting then we'll figure out what to do next. It's a whole lot-ta guard to deal with," Niall said, standing up straight.

"But how are we supposed to spy on them without going into the property?" Liam asked, furrowing his brows. 

"I heard there's a way through the forest," Niall claimed, resting his hand on his hips. "I think I have an area scanner," He quickly hurried towards the cabinets and brought out a device. 

An area scanner is basically everything it sounds like. Scanning the area for any small routes, hidden locations,s and all that. We use this a lot in MI6.

Naill quickly allowed the device to capture our location and quickly search the area. "Through the forest, there's a way that would lead us to the end of the property. We could go through there and look into the property," Niall said, pointing at the screen where it showed the map.

"But we'll be at least 100 meters away from the property," Niall continued, glancing up at each of us who surrounded him. "I could provide you boys with a gadget," Niall said, scurrying towards the cabinets again. 

"This is a device that can record sound from over 100 meters, which is perfect for hearing what's happening behind walls and especially since you boys have to keep quite some distance." He stated, jamming the device into his vest pocket.

"So are we ready?" Harry asked, raising his brows in excitement. 

"Yeah, I'll go get the binoculars and guns from the car trunk," I quickly said, walking towards the door. 

I quickly made my way towards the car and pulled the trunk open to see two baggage of guns, knives, and binoculars. I quickly reached in and pulled out one of the bags. 

"You said, they're clothes," Selena's voice came up behind me. I let out a sigh before turning to look at her. 

"Look-" 

"I don't want to hear your excuse, it's always the same one," Selena scowled, glaring into my soul.

"I'm sorry," I finally said, not wanting to start an argument right before the mission. 

"Zayn, can you at least mean it when you say it, you're always like I'm sorry but then the same thing happens over again," Selena said, her voice softens. "I don't like it when you guys lie to me, it's not gonna make me feel better," 

I swallowed a gulp before nodding. "Okay," I felt like being stabbed in the heart, her words really did strike. "I'm sorry, I won't lie to you anymore," I added, looking at her a bit more before turning around. 

"Thank you," she mumbled, pressing her lips together into a small smile. I wanted to ask if that was why she was mad at me this morning but I decided to not.

"What am I gonna do?" She suddenly asked, coming up beside me. 

I smiled as I realize she wasn't listening to the plan a while ago. "You're gonna stay with me, you don't have to do anything," 

"Stay here?" 

"In the car, I'm on watch duty, I'm supposed to keep an eye on the gate while the other three go in," I claimed, taking out five rifles and swinging it around my shoulders then tucking in a few handguns into my pockets. After everything was enough I quickly pulled the trunk close and made my way to the house with the princess behind.

...

"It's a few kilometers from where we are," Niall said, adjusting the earpiece. 

We all got into the car with me in the driver's seat. Niall got in the passenger seat and Selena got in the back seat with Harry and Liam on each side. 

We drove about 200 hundred meters before Niall called out, making the car come to a halt. "Stop! right there, we're here," Niall said, hopping out of the car after making sure no one was around. Liam and Harry got out from either of the truck and followed Niall into the forest. 

Not looking back, I quickly took a turn in the direction of the property entrance. I stopped about 100 meters from the red gate and took out my binocular, from in between the two front seats, and put it against my eye.

Right in front of the gate, two visible guards were standing in front of the gate. I was pretty sure the truck was quite visible to them. I made sure we didn't have a plate number for the truck or any evidence if anything happens. 

After a few minutes of sitting around, waiting to see if anyone was entering the gates, a guard started to make his way towards the truck. "Shit," I cursed through gritted teeth, watching the guard innocently. 

"Hide against the car door," I mumbled, instructing Selena to move. I glanced up at the rearview to see Selena quickly pressing herself against the door, her breathing became uneven.

I watched as the guard approached us by knocking at the car window. I quickly slide down the window and leaned to the side so that he could see my face. "Hi- do you need anything?" He asked in a very friendly way, the gun was swung to his back. 

"I'm kinda lost right now," I lied.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Erm, a friend's house, I think they told me the wrong location that's why I'm trying to contact them right now," I said, raising my phone in the air. 

The guy nodded, looking around before looking back at me. "Are you by yourself?" He asked, his eyes scanning the car. 

"Yeah," I said with a smile. The guard hesitated before nodding.

"You can't go that way," He instructed, pointing at the gate. "You should try going back to the main road," He said, pointing behind me.

I nodded and he moved back so I could take the truck around. That was when the guard was right in front of us, looking into the truck to see the back seat. Selena, who wasn't aware of it peaked out of the back seat then ducked back in, banging her head against the door. 

The guard seems to notice it as he squinted his eyes and raised a hand to stop the car. "Before you go, can I search your car?" He asked, looking to the back of the truck. 

I slightly clenched my jaw before nodding. "No problem," I said, quickly getting out of the car. "Here, let me just open it for you," I said, my hand gripping the gun that was tucked inside my waistband as I walked towards Selena's door. 

He stepped back a bit for me to open the door but instead of doing that, I twist around bringing the gun out and slamming the bottom into the guy's head. The quick move man the guy stumble onto the ground, lying on his stomach. 

I turned around to see two other guards yelling something. My eyes widened as I quickly pulled Selena's door open and pulled her out. Before we were able to get out, bullets slammed into the truck door, making both of us duck behind the door. 

"Into the Woods!" I yelled, hoping she could hear me through the sound of bullets slamming into the metal. 

After the bullets calmed a bit, I pulled Selena's hand behind me and ran into the forest. My heart was already beating out of my chest as the branches crash into our faces. "There!" Someone yelled behind us, sending bullets our way. 

"Keep running!" 

***

Well, that was a long chapter- Sorry :)

Anyway, I hope you guys like the story so far, If you did I hope you would be kind enough to VOTE and COMMENT, I really want to know what you guys think!

Also, share this story with your friends so they could also read it!! Love you guys!

Who do you think the guy is meeting with!? 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...