Emily's Protectors

By PepaMay

(Edited 12/04/2022) Emily's whole world was about to come crashing down, a life she had worked so hard to bui... More

Chapter 1: Emily ✔
Chapter 2: The Lucky Fish Diner ✔
Chapter 3: A strange group ✔
Chapter 4: Emily's rescue ✔
Chapter 5: Who was helping? ✔
Chapter 6: The history of Alistar and Luther ✔
Chapter 7: Alistar and Gregory ✔
Chapter 8: Michael's visit ✔
Chapter 9: A hospital visit ✔
Chapter 10: Emily and Isabelle ✔
Chapter 11: Nicole ✔
Chapter 12: Emily's escape ✔
Chapter 13: A normal day until... ✔
Chapter 14: The second meeting ✔
Chapter 15: As first dates go ✔
Chapter 16: Emily's Apartment ✔
Chapter 17: The Meeting ✔
Chapter 18: Emily and Nicole ✔
Chapter 19: The Sleepover ✔
Chapter 20: The next morning ✔
Chapter 21: Alistar's Vampire Side ✔
Chapter 22: A meeting with Luther ✔
Chapter 23: The Truth ✔
Chapter 24: The Truth (2) ✔
Chapter 25: Britney ✔
Chapter 26: Decisions ✔
Chapter 27: The Study ✔
Chapter 29: One more envelope ✔
Chapter 30:Worst Blue Monday Ever ✔
Chapter 31: Missing Person's Report ✔
Chapter 32: Almost too easy ✔
Chapter 33: He is back! ✔
Chapter 34: Reunited ✔
Chapter 35: Bloodlust ✔
Chapter 36: The future ✔
Chapter 37: Choices ✔

Chapter 28: Sunday ✔

19 2 0
By PepaMay

Lying between the sheets, Emily smiled up at Alistar. She could not believe what had happened. Some of the things they did still made her blush, not that she wouldn't do them again with Alistar in a heartbeat given a chance. "Are you ok?" Alistar asked, playing with a lock of her hair. "Mmmm, very," Emily said, lifting her head to look at Alistar, moving closer to kiss him. Just then, Emily's stomach gave a loud growl. Feeling embarrassed, Emily hid her face underneath the blanket, causing Alistar to burst out laughing. "My dear little human, I think I need to get some food in you."  

"I quickly need to shower before I go down," Emily said, sitting up, trying to see what would be the best way to get up from the huge bed. 

"Do you want me to come and wash your back?" Alistar asked with a devilish grin. 

"No, because then we will never leave this room and I need coffee." 

"I swear if you ever leave me, it will be for someone with a coffee truck," Alistar joked, giving Emily a quick kiss before helping her down the bed, ensuring she could stand before taking his hands away. 

30 minutes later, Alistar and Emily walked hand in hand out of the room, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. The rest of the house was dead quiet and dark. Switching on the lights in the kitchen Alistar pulled a chair out for Emily to sit. "Everyone still asleep?" Listening for a moment, Alistar replied, "Michael and Gregory are still sleeping and Angelo is on the roof watching the sunrise." 

"Does he do that every morning?"

"He also doesn't sleep and I think he enjoys watching the promise a new day brings," Alistar said over his shoulder, making Emily's coffee.

"Do you ever miss going into the sun?" Emily asked, smiling as he put the cup down in front of her "Thanks." 

"I can't even remember how it looks in real life or how it felt on my skin," unsure how to continue, "coffee is the only thing I can make. Do you mind making your own breakfast?"

"I don't mind at all. The coffee is delicious, thank you, when did you learn to make coffee? " Emily asked, sitting forward, excited to learn more about Alistar.

"I had Michael teach me how to use the coffee machine when I learned how much of a caffeine addict you are," Alistar said, embarrassed, looking at Emily, who stood on her tippy toes to kiss him on his cheek. "Thank you, that was very sweet."

"Good morning," Angelo said from the door, "I thought I heard voices. Did you sleep well" 

Blushing, Emily greeted, "Yes, thank you."

"Sit down, let me make breakfast," Angelo said, opening the fridge and started taking out ingredients. "Do you eat normal human food? Emily asks, watching Angelo work. "I do and thankfully, for the others living here, I love to cook." 

"Angelo is very protective about the kitchen and doesn't allow anyone else to cook," Alistar whispered to Emily loud enough for Angelo to hear. In mock shock, Angelo threw a dishtowel at Alistar, which Alistar caught easily. 

By the time Angelo was finished making breakfast, both Gregory and Michael were awake. Greeting as they walked into the kitchen, they joined the group sitting around a big kitchen table, and everyone was laughing and joking. Feeling a bit guilty for eating in front of Alistar, Emily sat back and asked quietly, "I feel a bit guilty. Is there really nothing you can eat?"

"You?" Alistar joked, taking Emily's hand, turning her wrist around, pretending to bite her. Emily sucked in her breath, biting her lip. She could feel heat spreading through her body. Alistar smiled he knew precisely what she was thinking by the way her heartbeat went up. Placing a kiss on her hand before letting go. Emily quickly looked at the rest of the people around the table, but luckily it seemed like they missed the little interaction between Alistar and herself. 

The rest of Sunday was spent watching movies, eating, or listening to stories. After sunset, they decided to sit outside. Excusing himself, Alistar left her alone after everyone was settled. Gregory had explained that Alistar quickly had to go feed as he would not risk losing control with her there and would feed more regularly than usual. "Can he survive on animal blood?" Emily asked. 

"He can for a while, but he loses a lot of his vampire senses and after 5 or 6 feedings, his body starts rejecting it." Gregory explained, "How are you feeling and coping with everything?" he asked after a while.

"I am more ok with everything than I thought I would be. It's still sometimes hard to believe that vampires and werewolves are real. I think this week Britney's death is going to be difficult to deal with, having to pretend I don't know what happened to her." Emily replied honestly, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, sure"

"What happened to Nicole?"

"Alistar learned she was the one that told you about Isabelle. You must understand Nicole has had an infatuation with Alistar from the start, not that he encouraged her in any way. Being Alistar, he didn't even realize what was going on. When you came into the picture, Nicole got very jealous and only told you about that to get you to leave."

"And that is why she left?"

"No, not just that she was asked to leave because I couldn't trust her anymore. Doing what we do, I need to be able to trust everyone in this group 100%," Alistar said from the door walking over to Emily, sitting down next to her, resting his arm on her shoulders. 

"How much of the stories are real?" Emily asked after Angelo had served them a BBQ dinner.

"Stories about what? Immortals?" Micheal answered.

"Yes, what's real and what's make-believe?"

"Werewolves are allergic to silver and that would be the best way to kill one," Gregory said, "but other things will also kill us, being blown up, throat ripped out, heart removed, or being beheaded. We don't become monsters with the full moon. Every time we turn into our wolf forms, we don't lose our minds. My thoughts are just as clear as it is now, and my senses are just 100 times stronger than in my human form."

"Anything that can kill a normal human would be able to kill me," Angelo said next.

 Michael thought a bit before he answered, "I don't know what can kill me. Nicole did blow me up once and I survived that," telling Emily about the motor car incident, which she swore high and low was an accident, but Michael did not believe her.

After listening to Michael, Emily turned to Alistar, waiting to hear what he would say. "Remember if you tell her you can't make her mad, or else you will be dust in the wind," Michael grinned, earning him a high five from Angelo.

"Let's see make-believe would be. Vampires can turn into animals. We can't. No magic can keep us safe in the sun. I wish there were. There is no ruling vampire family that is 1000's of years old. We know of about five vampires that are older than a 1000. Crosses and garlic can not hurt us. Anything else I have missed, Michael?" Alistar asked, turning to Micheal. 

"Holy water"

"Oh yes, holy water can burn us, or if it is enough, it will kill us, but it must be pure, holy water. There are only about three sources in the world, and the rest is just fiction dreamed up by someone trying to sell a story."

Leaning forward, resting her elbows on the table, Emily asked a question that she had been wondering about: "You guys hunt monsters and demons. How is it that you always find something to laugh at?" pointing at Angelo and Micheal, "especially you two?"

"Maybe because we have seen the worst that this world has to offer. We can decide to either live in the now and enjoy it or get paranoid and depressed." Micheal answered truthfully. 

"I think it helps that we have a strong family bond," Angelo said, raising his glass to his brothers, who did the same, Alistar taking Emily's glass to salute his family.

Afterward, the conversation turned to the week ahead and things that needed to be done. They needed to find out where Luther was hiding and who was helping him. After discussing Emily's work schedule and who would take her to work the next day, Emily and Alistar excused themself with the excuse that Emily worked the breakfast shift and needed some rest. 

Smiling at each other as they walked up the stairs, both knew that Emily would still be up for some time before she could get any sleep. 

(This song always reminds me of a lazy Sunday afternoon)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 3K 36
Erik's mate, Katharina, died eighty years ago. Werewolf mates are for life; there are no break-ups or second chances. On the night of the Blood Moon...
307K 7.3K 22
⚠️Trigger Warnings In This Story!!!⚠️ Sofia thought she would have to live with the abusive she gets from her father forever, but one day, as she cle...
3.4K 111 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
34.7K 322 16
Fanfic has not been completed. It's been stopped. I have began to write a similar one. RENESMEE'S 14th CENTURY FRIEND. you should read that and recog...