Mischief Managed | 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶...

By TinaX2

{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter th... More

Mischief Managed
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Epilogue
Goodbye

Chapter 64

13.2K 986 625
By TinaX2

Sirius, James, and Peter ran through the Hogwarts grounds as the night began to darken. They didn't bother to put the Invisibility Cloak back on, because it was still a few hours before curfew, and they wouldn't get in trouble for roaming through the halls. Although James realized after a while that Sirius wasn't leading them into the main castle.

     "The Astronomy Tower?" James questioned with surprise and confusion mingled on his face as they reached the bottom of the tower.

     "But — why — here?" Peter panted, looking up miserably at the many stairs they had to climb in order to get to the top.

     "I'll explain everything in a minute," Sirius said hastily, hurrying up the staircase with James and Peter following behind him.

     "You better!" James snapped angrily. "We've been running after you for hours, Black! This better be worth it!"

     "Be patient, Potter!" Sirius retorted.

     When they finally reached the top of the Astronomy tower, they were all out of breath, panting heavily. The top of the tower was colder than it was down bellow on the ground, specially now that they were in the middle of autumn. A chill struck on them as if the air had lost every particle of warmth it had ever possessed.

    Without a single word, Sirius walked toward the Astronomy Tower's wall after he had caught his breath, looking over the many charts that were hung on the wall, looking for a specific one.

James was so close to punching Sirius in the face when instead of giving an answer, the boy started observing star and moon charts, looking over at them with a hungry look in his eyes, as though he was so close to a knowledge he had been searching for all his life.

     "Well?" said James impatiently, placing his hands on his hips as he looked at Sirius over his lopsided glasses.

     "In a minute," Sirius answered in a mutter, as though he was in a trance. As though his mind couldn't rest until he'd found the answer, and until he had made sure of his theories.

     James gritted his teeth together, growing more and more impatient by the second. "Sirius, I'm this close to losing my shi—"

     "Here it is! I knew it! I knew it!" Sirius boisterously exclaimed and punched the air in victory, his eyes still roaming the charts which consisted of the lunar calendar.

    James huffed out loud and looked at the charts in front of Sirius, trying to see what they were and why they had gotten Sirius so excited. On the far left column of the lunar chart, the dates were written. The top row was split into four, each section showing a different shape of a moon; a full moon, a new moon, a first quarter, and a last quarter moon.

     "Well tell us, damn it!" James fumed, running out of patience.

      "Come look at this," said Sirius, gesturing Peter and James toward the tower's wall where the charts were hung. "See this?"

     "Um... what are we supposed to be looking at?" Peter mused, his eyes fixed on the nonsense on the wall which only Sirius seemed to be understanding.

     "Okay, so when was the last time we realized that Remus had gone missing?" Sirius asked them, trying to walk them through it.

     "At the end of last year. I remember he went missing in the middle of our finale exams," said Peter. "But I still don't understand what this has to do with Astro—"

     "That would mean he had gone missing around the third or fourth week of June," said Sirius. "26th of June, to be exact."

    He then took out his wand and tapped the tip of it on the chart, causing a red circle to be drawn around where the date 'June 26th' was written.

"When else did Remus go missing?" Sirius went on.

"Well..." James started thoughtfully. "I remember he went missing a little while before Christmas break last year. Although I didn't pay much attention to it, cause at the time we were convinced that he'd been visiting his ill mother."

"All right. So would you say it happened around 17th of December?" Sirius questioned.

James shrugged. "I suppose so."

Sirius nodded earnestly before drawing a red circle around the 'December 17th' date on the lunar chart with the use of his wand.

"When else?" he said again.

"Does tonight count?" Peter said unsurely.

"Yes, today's November 19th," said Sirius, circling this date as well. He then placed his wand back in his pocket, looking at the two boys gravely. "Peter gave me the idea. I realized that tonight was the third time Peter had mentioned how beautiful the moon looks; all three times were exactly on the nights that Remus had gone missing."

"So?" James frowned.

"Look at the sky," said Sirius, pointing upward at where the moon was illuminating among the hundreds and hundreds of stars, peaking through the clouds. "The moon is full tonight. And it was full on June 26th and December 17th as well."

He pointed at where he had circled the three dates on the chart, and James realized with a jolt that they were all underneath the 'Full Moon' column.

"Oh, Lord... this can't be true..." James said in a breathless whisper, as if speaking it aloud might shatter the reality.

"What? What is it?" Peter asked eagerly, looking between Sirius and James.

"He's right... Sirius is right..." James muttered under his breath, his eyes fixed on the chart with horrified astonishment. "Look at the facts, Peter. Remus keeps missing around once a month, always on the full moon, always looks sick, always comes back with new wounds."

     "So?"

James finally tore his eyes away from the chart, pushing up his glasses over his nose with the use of one shaky finger before looking back at Peter, saying,

"Remus is a werewolf."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
858K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
145K 2K 42
A Jily fanfiction! **COMPLETED** James, Lily, and all their friends have just entered their sixth year of Hogwarts. Lily deals with having feelings f...