serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR

THIRTY NINE

7.5K 322 165
By chlorinestoken

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

If Genevieve had learnt anything about Lily by now, then it would be that she was undeniably a perfectionist. She loved when things ran smoothly and avoided chaos like her life depended on it. Maybe that's why she ran away from James so much.

When thinking about her appearance, that's when the perfectionist truly showed. She always thought five steps ahead about everything, whether it be about her outfit or the colour of her nails.

"If I wear my flat shoes then i'll be more comfortable, but they're pink and they'll clash with my green dress. I could wear my black heels, but they make my feet go sore so quickly," Lily rambled on as she played around with her to see what would suit her best.

"Here's an easy solution: don't go at all," Marlene suggested innocently with a grin on her face. "You could have so much more fun sneaking into the kitchens with me."

Lily hummed in amusement. "The idea of getting a pizza is tempting, but Professor Slughorn was kind to invite me to the Slugclub."

"Remus is going too," Genevieve told her while rummaging her wardrobe for some shoes that would suit Lily.

It had been exactly three days since Remus's transformation, and this time he had returned with more scrapes and scratches than ever. He didn't make a fuss out of it though, instead he made sure to catch up on missed classes and do extra work— a little too much work. Overworking himself was in Remus's nature.

"Yeah, we're going together actually."

"I wonder what James thinks about that," Marlene snickered.

"More like what Genevieve thinks."

Genevieve stopped raiding her wardrobe and looked at Lily in perplexity. "Genevieve?" When Lily nodded in sly confirmation, Genevieve's confusion only became worse. "Why would I care?" She asked as she went back to searching.

"Chocolate, black coffee and libraries is why," Lily claimed very matter-of-factly, sending Marlene a secretive glance that only she could decipher.

Genevieve drew her bottom lip between her teeth as she listened to Lily list her Amortentia. "I highly doubt that my Amortentia is Remus," she mumbled under her breath. Her eyes finally landed on an old pair of Mary Janes hidden away. She grabbed them and tossed them over to Lily. "Try those on and see if they look good."

Lily did as told, buckling up Genevieve's Mary Janes and checking herself out in the mirror. An in-awe smile painted its way across her face. "You're a life saver, Gen," she said as she brought her friend into a hug.

"I prefer 'fashion icon'," Genevieve corrected as she pulled away from the embrace. "And this fashion icon has to go check the boys haven't torn each other apart," she said as she walked towards the door.

"You mean she has to see Remus in a suit," Marlene teased and wiggled her eyebrows.

"You're funny, Marlene," Genevieve deadpanned monotonously.

"Make sure to kiss him goodnight!" She heard Marlene call after her as she walked out the door, and it took a lot of effort to fight away a smile that threatened to spill.

After travelling down a flight of stone stairs, she had opened a new door and stepped into the Marauders dormitory. "Hello boys," Genevieve greeted them as she sat herself down on the end of James's bed. Everyone was in the room except for Remus, and she assumed he was in the bathroom as you could hear rustling from inside there.

"Tonight is the night of freedom!" James rejoiced. He sat himself down next to her and asked, "How does it feel knowing that you no longer have to have a gigantic leaf stuck in your mouth?"

"A relief. I can finally go to sleep without thinking I'll choke on the Mandrake Leaf after accidentally inhaling it or something," Genevieve snorted.

She wasn't lying, this had happened multiple times, resulting in a disastrous choking fit that managed to wake Marlene up despite her being the heaviest of sleepers. The spell she had used to keep the Mandrake Leaf to the roof of her mouth didn't even work while she was sleeping.

"After Remus has gone you take it out," Peter informed her.

"Yeah, and then you no longer have that awful Mandrake Leaf taste all the time," Sirius added.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Genevieve turned her head to look at Remus as he came out the bathroom fully dressed and prepared, her eyes widening a fraction as she caught sight of him. His hair was still as messy as ever, but it was the image of Remus in a casual suit that caught her off guard.

No Genevieve, you will not let Marlene be right.

"Quidditch," Peter lied through an innocent smile instantaneously.

Sirius let a slow whistle. "Who might this be?" he asked teasingly. "What have you done with Remus?"

"Don't tease, Padfoot," James cooed, "You're making him blush."

James wasn't lying. A violent shade of red was indeed spreading like wildfire across his cheeks, and it only extended to the tips of his ears when he noticed Genevieve staring at with her mouth partly open. "Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly and looked down at himself.

Blinking herself back into reality, Genevieve closes her hanging hanging jaw that she didn't even realise was open. "No, not at all," she quickly assured him, but after scanning him over a second time (she couldn't help but do this), she bunched her lips up to the side. "Actually there is."

Remus's face drops in a split second as he becomes panicky. What?"

"Your tie is crooked," Genevieve points out to him. She supposed that Remus couldn't tell that his tie was crooked from just looking down at it because all he did was look back up at her with a confused look as if to say 'it is?' "Here, I'll fix it."

She walked towards Remus, becoming unusually but not uncomfortably close to him as she unravelled his tie with nimble fingers to start it all over again.

"Don't tell anyone I said this," Genevieve started, her voice low quite, "but you look quite handsome." 

Even as she focused on creating a Windsor knot with Remus's tie, she could see the blush that was starting to go down rise back up again.

"Oh," Remus said with a sense of coyness. It was clear he was taken aback with the compliment, as when he replied with a 'thank you' he was trying deeply to hide the bashful stutter that came along with it.

Genevieve treated Remus with a noticing smirk after hearing his unsteady voice. "Don't go all flustered on me, Wolfy."

Remus cleared his throat, and Genevieve could see the Adam's apple placed in his neck bob up and down. "I'm not flustered. Not at all. Zero flustering."

As Genevieve tightened his tie, she tugged it down slightly so he was now towering over her with his height. She knew how eye contact made him nervous, so she deliberately locked her green eyes onto his hazelnut ones. With her face dangerously close to his, she asked with a low, alluring voice: "Then why are your cheeks turning redder by the second?"

"That's enough, seductress," disturbed Jame, his voice scratchy from how awkward it had become.

Genevieve obeyed smugly, taking a step back as she broke finally broke the intense eye contact with a blink. "Now you're perfect."

Remus looked down at his tie, noticing how much more proportioned it was now. "Thanks," he smiled, the tips of his ears still partially red. He looked at the rest of them, trying his hardest not to focus on the complacent looks they were sharing him. "I best be going. Lily's probably waiting for me already."

"Attempt to have fun," James appealed before adding thoughtfully,  "But not too much fun."

"Don't worry, Prongs," Remus said as he took long strides towards the door. "Lilyflower isn't going to fall in love with me in the space of an hour. See you all later." With that, he walked out the door.

Not even a second later, James clapped his hands together and rubbed them in anticipation. His leadership instincts took over him as he reached under his bed and pulled out a bunch of books he had borrowed from the library (Genevieve couldn't believe it when he said that) based on Animagi and how to transform into one. Along with the books, he pulled out a crystal phial and passed it over to Genevieve. "Pop the leaf in there," he ordered at the same he grabbed hold of a strand of hair and yanked it from her head.

She yelped at the unexpected pain that ran through her scalp sharply. "What was that for?" hissed Genevieve, her eyes narrowed, but James was already prepared with her outburst and presented one of the many books with the requirements of the Animgus potion.

"Mandrake leaf with an added hair from your own head," he read out to them all.

"So, not to make it awkward or anything, but you need to take that Mandrake leaf out your mouth and put it in that," Peter said and gestured to the crystal phial in Genevieve's hand.

Genevieve turned around so nobody else could see her fishing into her mouth for the stuck in place Mandrake Leaf. It was much like ripping off a plaster, leaving a sort of numb and unfamiliar feeling to the roof of her mouth as she tried to get rid of the taste. She sealed the leaf into the phial and placed the cap over it. "Now what?"

"Leave it to us. We're the professionals on this," Sirius bragged and waved a lazy hand dismissively. Genevieve raised an eyebrow to this, so Sirius quickly changed the subject before she could make a comment. "Anyways, since when did you become such a Casanova?"

Genevieve's stare averted to the ground. "What do you mean?"

Catching on to what Sirius was hinting at, Peter suddenly perked up. "He's on about that whole show you put on with Remus. You was looking him up and down like he was a freshly baked gingerbread cookie."

Genevieve occupied herself with picking at a loose thread on her jumper, afraid that if she looked up they would see the pink hue on her cheeks. She shrugged. "He's cute when he's a stuttering wreck."

Peter rolled his eyes. "And you say you don't like him," he taunted amusedly as he opened the dormitory door and made his way into the common room.

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.6K 179
✾𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳✾ ✧ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ✧ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ 𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩...
1.2K 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
866K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...