The Weeping Widow

Por Sativaaaaaaa

After a life threatening accident Emrys is taken in by her bestfriend's widowed aunt but things don't go the... Más

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII

XX

215 19 33
Por Sativaaaaaaa

(time skip)

A few months later

Jacky

We had finally made it to the end of the trial and I can say that this was not an easy experience at all. From the anxiety, to gaslighting lawyers and rude jury members I'm glad we're about to say that its all over.

Today was the day we would get the verdict and honestly everyone was on edge. The trial wasn't until 2:30 and it's only 10 o'clock so I've been ripping and running trying to keep myself busy. Emrys had finished physical therapy and healed up nicely so she was in school for half the day to keep her distracted and busy as well.

I went and got my nails and feet done along with my hair. I went an got a car wash then sat with Karen for a while before making my way to the school to pick Em up.

Since her 18th birthday passed she was able to sign herself out and was waiting outside for me as I pulled up. I slowed down to a stop and allowed to get in before continuing my drive back home.

"How was school?" I asked once she was in and settled.

"It was okay. There was a fight second period so they were doing hall sweeps today." She replied with a sigh.

"I still can't walk as fast so I almost got caught in one." She continued making me hum in response.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned even though I was certain I knew the answer.

"I feel okay. Glad this is almost over with." She responded mumbling the last sentence. I nodded in agreement as I pulled into our neighborhood.

The last minute or so of the car ride was silent with the exception of the radio and once I parked in the driveway she hopped out quickly to go inside. I got it and followed behind her as she unlocked the doors and went inside.

Once we were inside she dropped her bag in the couch and went straight to the kitchen looking for something to eat. She was diagnosed with an eating disorder early on in the trial, sometimes she wouldn't eat for days and other times she couldn't stop eating to save her life.

I walked past and saw her eating grapes directly out of the refrigerator and it made me chuckle; she had them stuffed in her cheeks like a chipmunk. I went to my room to start getting ready for the trial when my phone rang. I answered it without looking and was met with Karen looking sad and Dorinda's mouth fussing about something.

"Cause I can definitely call some of the girls from the church and they can handle her!" She exclaimed to Karen making her sigh.

"What's going on?" I asked in confusion.

"Aavya cheated on Vicky! That's what's going on!" Dorinda responded angrily.

"She what?! Emrys!!" I called out.

"Ma'am?!" She asked as she peeked into my room.

"What's going on with Aavya and Vicky?" I asked causing her face to drop.

"That ain't my business to tell Mama. Plus I'm worried bout me and mine at the moment." She responded with a slight shrug.

"Uhn uhn tell us cause you know better than we do." Dorinda called out.

"Emmy at least tell me what's going on. Vicky hasn't talked in almost a day to tell me what happened." Karen pleaded making Emrys sigh in defeat and walk over to me.

"Aavya's first love transferred to our school a few months ago and they started talking again. Ya went out to ole girl's party last month and they got high and ended up doing the do and been messing around since then." She said lowly.

"And Vicky won't let me fight her. She just told her about what was happening last weekend and broke up with her." She continued with an eye roll.

"Well you have permission from me to deck her on sight you hear me?! And if that's a problem Jacky take it up with me." Dorinda responded still very angry.

"I'm turning a blind eye cause she deserves it." I responded shaking my head.

"Say less. She a punk so she probably gon press charges press charges though."

"I'll bail you out." Karen cut in.

"Karen!" I said in disbelief. I expected that from Dorinda, not her.

"She's not about to break my baby's heart then flee from the consequences. Lord forgive me but Emrys." She started.

"Ma'am?" Em  replied looking over at my phone.

"Knock her ass out." Karen said with a straight face letting me know she was seriously.

"Yeen said nothing but a word Auntie. I got it."

"Alright now go finish eating so you can get dressed." I said as I playfully pushed her off my bed.

"Dangg you aint have to push me like that though." She said as she got up and walked out of my room.

"Lord, are y'all ready for today? I need you there." I asked as I propped my phone up and went to my closet to get my clothes out.

"As ready as we can be. Are you ready?" Dorinda asked making me sigh.

"I'm ready for all this to be over with but I'm not ready to get the verdict or the sentencing cause if it's anything under life I'm going to be upset." I responded truthfully. If this man was to walk away free or get a short sentence I would raise hell in the courtroom immediately.

"Shoot me too. Him getting life would be the best Christmas present ever." Dorinda said with a light chuckle.

"Speaking of Christmas. It's Emmy's and Vicky's first Christmas with us. We gotta do something big!" Karen said with an infectious smile.

"Well I already have Emrys's surprise ready. What are you doing for Vicky?" I asked as I walked back over to my phone to pick it up.

"I was thinking about getting her one of those paintings with her and her dad. She's been missing him alot lately and I thought that it might help or something." Karen explained.

"Aww that's so sweet of you Karen." I cooed as I sat down.

"And Drew wants to get her a car." She sighed with a slight eye roll.

"That child can't drive to save her life. It's like being in the car with Dorinda." She added on making Dorinda glare at her.

"I am not a bad driver!" Dorinda said defensively.

"Doe you hit the garbage cans yesterday. And they weren't even on the street." Karen said making me scream in laughter.

"Oh shut up Jacky! I didn't realize they were that close to my car." Dorinda tried to defend herself.

"Girl whatever. I'll see y'all later I gotta check on Vicky." Karen replied. We all said goodbye and once we hung up I began getting ready for the trial.

At the courthouse

We all filed in the courtroom, everyone on edge and nervous for this outcome. Emrys sat down next to Candace and her lawyer and the sisters and I sat in the bench behind her. A few moments later the officers brought Tomitra and Tim in, sitting them on the opposite side of the courtroom.

The jury came in shortly after and so did the judge. After he was settled her began the hearing and the room fell silent except for his voice.

"Does the council have any final statements before we begin?" He asked. Both lawyers shook their head so he turned his attention towards the jury.

The jury representative stood up holding a sheet of paper and nodded towards the judge letting him know they were ready to begin.

"Have you reached a verdict?"

"We have your honor."

"What say you?"

The jurors paused and all looked at each other before silently nodding in agreement.

"We the jury in the case of Jackson vs Jones find the defendants Tomitra and Timothy Jones guilty of all charges."

My sisters and I let out a sigh of relief as we heard the verdict. I saw Emrys visibly relax some but she was still tense and anxious as we awaited the sentencing.

"Thank you, Jury, for your service today. The courtroom is hereby adjourned for the next two hours to complete sentencing. You are free to go." He said banging his gavel at the end of his statement before getting up and leaving the room.

We all got up and were on our way to walk out when Tim broke away from the guards and came straight for Emrys. I quickly jumped in front of her and held my arms out so he couldn't get past.

"Aht. Touch her if you want to." I spat with venom laced in my voice.

"If you don't get yo old ass out the wa-" Before he could finish his sentence Emrys came from around me and punched him straight in the jaw making him drop to the floor unconscious.

The guards rushed over to us, pushing Emrys back and restrained her as she spat on him; more guards came and lifted him off of the floor which caused him to slowly come around.

"Don't you ever fix them dirty ass herpe infested lips to disrespect my mama again you bitch ass nigga." She growled angrily as the guards kept holding her back.

"Emrys you can't do that! You could get arrested!" Candace exclaimed.

"Do it look like I give a fuck?" She asked as she whipped around and looked at Candace. She didn't even wait for her to respond before storming out of the courtroom.

"Well damn."

"Shut up Dorinda."

~~~~~

word count: 1,612
edited

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...