my hiStory

Oleh giovanicesconetto

Short stories about historical facts. Lebih Banyak

Project MKULtra
Vaccine Revolt
Operation Meetinghouse
Khioniya Kuzminichna Guseva
Independence or Death
Hippie
Marquis de Sade
Proclamation of the Republic (Brazil)
Battle of the Plains of Abraham
Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand
Tiradentes
Cuban Revolution
Neville Chamberlain
Lobster War
Tarabya of Pegu
Alewife
The Porpoises Battle
Battle of the Medway
The General
For English to See
The Slaying of the Spaniards
Mansa Musa
France Antarctique
First Opium War
War of the Oranges
Manuel de Borba Gato
L'Anse aux Meadows
Battle of Peleliu
Dandara
Barbed Wire Sunday
Pavlik Morozov
Revolt of the Lash
War of the Spanish Succession
Getúlio Vargas
Perry Expedition
War of the Sicilian Vespers
Captaincy of Pernambuco
Battle of Worcester
The Siege of Baghdad (1258)
United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves
Capture of Moscow

Black Ribbon Day

3 1 0
Oleh giovanicesconetto

If you like my job, please support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/giovanicesconetto

*****

The pyre burned hot. The fire was tall and powerful. Everyone around was sweating. No one could have imagined that books were a better fuel than wood or coal. If they knew, they would be using it for a long time.

From above, he observed. The fire turned the night into day on the streets. But on the balcony, the light made him look like a God. He relished the fear and admiration of everyone below him.

He had always felt like a god. Now, he knew how God felt looking down. He loved it.

At that moment, he decided to keep that feeling at all costs. He would do whatever he needed to do to maintain the fear and admiration. It did not matter the actions. The power would forever be his.

By burning the books, he showed his powers. But books could not defend themselves. He needed more, much more.

The next step was clear as day, people. People could defend themselves. But people could also be soldiers. What better way to test their loyalty?

It began with small orders. Then it grew. Soon, their acolytes were burning others like they burnt the books.

And he, above all, smelled the flesh and smiled. He was a god, maybe the only God. There was no doubt about it.

While the scream and the odour filled the night, he swore there was nothing to stop him.

"God is unstoppable."

Fortunately, he isn't.

THE END

*****

The Black Ribbon Day, officially known in the European Union as the Europe-wide Day of Remembrance for the victims of totalitarian and authoritarian regimes, is an international day of remembrance for victims of totalitarian regimes, specifically Stalinist, communist, Nazi and fascist regimes. Formally recognized by the European Union, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and some other countries, it is observed on 23 August. It symbolizes the rejection of "extremism, intolerance and oppression." The purpose of the Day of Remembrance is to preserve the memory of the victims of mass deportations and exterminations while promoting democratic values to reinforce peace and stability in Europe. It is one of the two official remembrance days or observances of the European Union, alongside Europe Day. Under the name Black Ribbon Day it is also an official remembrance day of Canada, the United States and other countries. The European Union has used both names alongside each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ribbon_Day

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

11.7K 1.1K 50
Into a bit of horror? 🔪 Or maybe you just want a little fright? These scary short stories are perfect for you! Each chapter will be a different scar...
43.7K 484 18
//I'm not the best at writing, so the stories will not be the best, of course. I also don't get motivation a lot, so please keep it in mind, just in...
4.8K 89 16
Some of these will be copied, and some are true while some are not and please enjoy this and vote my story!
2.9K 1.1K 33
𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 ✔ 𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝑰𝒇 𝒊 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒏𝒐𝒘 ... 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕...