The Sandlot Boys (FEM x-reade...

Da Idkwhatlifeisabout

(slow updates) It's not that Y/N hates the sandlot boys, its just that they have never been nice her and she... Altro

The Summer of '62 (edited)
Benny "the jet" Rodriguez (edited)
The Girl (edited)
Pick a Side! (edited)
Apologies (edited)
Apologies pt.2 (edited)
The Diner (edited)
"When you deserve to" (edited)
August 13th (edited)
Lunch (edited)
Finally! (edited)
It was....interesting (edited)
The New Norm (edited)
Edits
A/N
Halloween Pt.1 (edited)
Halloween pt.2
How Could He?
Confessions and Discoveries
Cookies
A/n
The Truth
Sleepover
Lunch Tables
The plan
Melted Ice Cream

That Night

696 8 28
Da Idkwhatlifeisabout

‼‼WARNING: MENTIONS OF MICHELLE ‼ A LOT OF MICHELLE‼🤢🤮 

Benny's POV

Halloween Bash, October 31, 1963

The moment that we walked through the gymnasium's doors we had split up. Or at least I had silently removed myself. Last I saw, Y/n was fixing up Squints, so he could go over to - who I'm assuming- Wendy. 

I started to weave my way through the kids on the dance floor looking for my date. As much as I really wanted to go to the dance with Michelle, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. I know that my friends don't like her, but I really do. If they are my friends they can accept that because my happiness should mean something to them. At least that's what I keep telling myself, even though I don't really believe it. 

"Benny!" 

I turn around to see her in a light blue dress with yellow lining and white heels. She looks beautiful. 

"Wow."

I muttered. I saw her blush even through the dim lights of the gym. She walked towards me and I hugged her with a little spin. We've seen each other a couple of times, but we've had to keep it on the low because of my friends. Her friends however know all about it, I don't really mind though.  It's kind of nice actually like we are going steady but we're not. 

A slow song comes on just as I set her down and we pull each other close. She puts her arms around my neck and I put mine on her waist. We start swaying to the rhythm of the song. Michelle put her head on my chest and I pull her even closer. We stayed like this until the song ended and we pulled apart. We just stood there smiling and looking into each other's eyes. At this moment I started believing myself. My friends should be happy for me. I found someone who makes me happy and I want people to know.  I was about to tell her when something behind me caught her attention. 

"I'm sorry, but I need to use the restroom. Excuse me." 

"Yeah, yeah of course." 

She smiles lightly and walks away towards the bathrooms. I just sigh and smile to myself. I lightly punch the air before gaining my composure again and waiting for Michelle. 

Soon enough I see her and her friends exit the bathroom with smiles. I wonder if they were talking about me. NO BENNY that would be crazy. But she could've been. Oh shut up it doesn't even matter. She walks over to me and grabs my hand and pulls me deeper into the swarm of teenagers dancing. 

"Michelle?"

"Yes, Benny."

 God, how I get butterflies when she says my name. 

"I have something to tell you." 

I say seriously. I see her stiffen a bit and she looks right into my eyes. 

"Benny you're making me worried. What is it?" 

"Do you want to go steady?" 

She lets out a visible breath of relief and I can see her relax. 

"Yes! Yes! Benny, thousand times yes!" 

She jumps into my arms and nuzzles her face into the small of my neck.  I smile and kiss her on the head. I let her down and just study her. Every feature of her face, every curve, and every ringlet on her head. I'm mesmerized. I'm about to lean down and kiss her when we hear a bunch of commotion from the back of the gym. I can't see anything but I hear the doors open and close harshly.  I turn back to her to catch her already looking at me. I smirk and lean down to her ear. 

"I have an idea." 

"Do you?" 

She asks shyly. 

"Just a way to show everyone that we're together." 

"Oh really?" 

"Yeah. " 

I lift my head to see her blushing profusely. I lean back down but this time looking at her lips. 

"Can I kiss you?"

I ask her. Her breath was hot on my face. She nods her head profusely and I kiss her. My hands leading down to her waist. Everyone around us disappeared for the few seconds that her lips were on mine. It was like the spotlight was on us in an empty theatre. We were the play to an invisible audience. I was sad that it only lasted a few seconds. 

 When we part I see that everyone is looking towards the "stage" and I move my gaze there. My heart drops at the sight of my nine friends glaring right at me. Michelle soon turns around to see what I'm looking at and just smiles. I don't know why. They look pissed. I look a little closer at them and they look worn out. Especially Y/N. I don't know why- wait is that blood? Who is she holding...? Is that- is that TOMMY?!? I look at the other boys and see their faces and already know they saw. My eyes dart back to Y/N's and I see her already staring at me. 

I didn't know what to do, so I stupidly smiled and grabbed Michelle's hand. I could see their eyes roll from here. The boys turned toward the teacher pushing them off the stage, but it seems like Y/N had already motioned for them to leave. They followed her out quite willingly and that guilty feeling hit me like a truck. I ran to catch up with them and they turned around but weren't pleased to see me.  Y/N rolled her eyes at the sight of me and probably Michelle next to me. She tried to tell me to leave by shooing me away, but I didn't budge. They shared a look of displeasure at that. 

Y/N goes off at me and I try to talk about it but none of them let me talk. I can't really blame them, but I think if we just talked about this civilly it would make this conversation go a lot smoother. After letting all the boy say their piece, Y/n started yelling at me about how I asked her to help me get a date. I forgot about that. After she calmed down I looked at the boys and they look even madder if that was possible, and I got the hint. I want to tell them about how sorry I am, but I don't think they want to listen. 

I ran back inside with Michelle trailing after me. I was so mad! At myself at them. I mean I know they don't like her and I know how unloyal this comes off, but to say those things about my girlfriend is just wrong.  She stands in front of me, with a worried look on her face. I just shake my head, hoping she will get that I don't want to talk.  She nods sadly and gives me a kiss on the cheek and heads over to her friends. A part of me wants to run up to her and just spend the rest of the night with her. But the other part of me wants to just sit there and wallow in my own self-pity. I decide on neither and walk out of the building. The weather has gotten a little chillier and I wrap my arms around myself to preserve some body heat. That is until I hear some voices laughing. Now I don't usually eavesdrop but when I heard the words "dress up" my mind immediately went to Tommy. 

I step closer to the two sophomores that are holding themselves up against the back of the building, as they are laughing so hard. I recognize them as two boys that hang out with friends of Michelle. I move a little closer and catch some of their conversations. 

My hands ball into fists and my blood starts boiling. My brain goes fuzzy with fury and I feel like killing someone. The words "That little wussy dressed like a girl to get into a school dance with his little friends! He so got what he deserved." keep running through my head. There was not a doubt about it. It was Tommy. He got what he deserved, that must be why he looked so busted up. Maybe that's why Y/N had blood on her face and the boys looked so tired. I keep hearing them laughing and I can't stand it anymore. I walk up to the two boys and punch one in the face and push the other one down. They may be a couple of years older than me but I am around their size. The guy I punched holds his nose as the other one falls down. I'm sure they can hold their own when a random kid doesn't just come up and punch them. But the surprise gives me an advantage. The first guy cracks his neck and walks towards me as the one on the ground grabs my ankle and pulls me down. I luckily stop myself from hitting my head on the ground, but my attention is still taken for a minute. A minute too long. They start swinging and I miss a few and return a few, but in the end, I am the one with the black eye and busted face. The boys finally stopped when they heard the sound of car tires squealing to a stop in the parking lot next to the building. 

They slowly get up as the sound of the engine turns off, but scramble to leave when they hear the doors close. They end up leaving me there, but I get up and out of the driver's view before some adult questions how my face looks. 

I walk down the street wiping some blood from under my nose, and that reminds me about the whole reason I even got in a fight. I rush over to the main street we all live near to see if anyone's lights were on, but the houses were pitch black. The parent's cars seemed to be gone too. In defeat, I walk towards the sandlot and hear chatter coming from the field. I rush over but can't find a single trace of my friends. I can still hear talking and I look up towards the treehouse. I slap myself mentally. Of course, they are having a campout. I'm a little upset that they are having one without me, but I don't give it much thought as I am here for a reason. I move forward, keeping my eyes on the movement inside of our beloved treehouse. That is until I catch the eye of Y/N. My stomach curls in sadness as her smile immediately drops when our eyes meet. She quickly glances back at our friends and smiles for a split second before looking back at me seriously. She lightly shakes her head and turns her attention back to whatever they are doing. 

I close my eyes and let out a sad sigh. I get it. They are mad. I turn around and leave the field. I turn onto my street and continue walking down reconsidering my choices from the past couple of hours. I don't know how, but I hurt so many people in so many different ways. The worst part is I knew what I was doing was wrong, and I didn't care... 

A/N: I AM SO SORRY!!! I started school a couple of weeks ago and have been swamped with homework. I also started softball so I've been busy every day. This chapter kind of sucks but it is something. I will try to update more, but I might not be able to. ANYWAYS... thank you for almost 13k reads and all the votes!! Love y'all lots. BYEEE <3 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

20.3K 197 16
the year was summer, 1962, and me, my mom, and my step-dad, Bill, had just moved to San Fernando Valley. i had always had a very passionate love for...
19.1K 744 22
I OWN NON OF THESE CHARACTERS WITHIN THIS STORY A little bit about Y/n is that she is quite shy out in the real world, however when she's on the Inte...
33.3K 245 47
"I love you y/n... " Y/n Smalls is the new girl in town, her and her younger brother Scotty Smalls moved into a new, fresh town. They both find it ha...
198K 2K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...